Who here presently uses Saw Palmetto?

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

helpmyhair
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood I
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Who here presently uses Saw Palmetto?

Post by helpmyhair » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:18 pm

Just wondering if you are currently using it, and what it is doing for you. Maintenence? or slower hair loss? even possible regrowth.

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Re: Who here presently uses Saw Palmetto?

Post by Anxious1 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:50 pm

used it for last 5 yrs, recently changed to pure beta sitoserol.

i started with supermarket form for a few yrs, then moved up to stronger prostate combos from the health food shop then for last few yrs ive been using blackmores serenoa urtica complex, which has saw palmetto, nettles, horsetail(silica), pygeum, and lots more, it was basically a cheap version of procerin.

i have no idea wat these efforts to block dht have done for me.

first of all, i know dht is a big issue, but my hairloss started because of seborraic dermititis and heavy metal poisoning, but it was in the mpb pattern, so i dont know if dht is a problem for me.

secondly the whole time ive been using it my hairline has still receded. i dont know wat would have happened if i didnt take it, maybe i would have receded faster, or maybe i wouldnt have receded as fast, sometimes when u take substances to help a problem, and u dont really have that problem, the substance that was intended to help that problem ends up causing that problem. lol (try and understand that)

i doubt theres a single person who has had regrowth because of it. but id still take it over finasteride.

perhaps the best thing to do is copy 'the natural' and 'immortalhairs', regime, and use curcummin and reservatrol instead.

oh, by the way, beta sitosterol is giving me moderate sides. ans saw palmetto, mad me have to constantly run to take a leak.

jksl
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Emu Oil
Low Level Laser Therapy
Revita Shampoo

Post by jksl » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:39 pm

I tried saw palmetto before and it gave me urinary incontinence. I stopped taking it after 2 weeks because that was a messed up side effect.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:26 am

helpmyhair wrote:Just wondering if you are currently using it, and what it is doing for you. Maintenence? or slower hair loss? even possible regrowth.

A combination of Pygeum and SP may help - try them as seperate whole herb caps.

Pygeum should help with Estradiol...and SP with DHT.

Regards
Pete

qwerty4102003
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by qwerty4102003 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:56 am

I myself just started on it 3 weeks ago. It's not expensive and it looks like it would do more good than bad, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

helpmyhair
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by helpmyhair » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:51 am

well guys, I took Saw Palmetto for 2 days.. and noticed some fin-like sides. Loss of enjoyment for life, loss of libido, and some brain fog. I stopped taking it today, hoping everything returns to normal.

Tell me more about immortal hairs regimen. Where can I find more info?

thx

Swimmy
Seasoned Poster

Post by Swimmy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:17 am

helpmyhair wrote:well guys, I took Saw Palmetto for 2 days.. and noticed some fin-like sides. Loss of enjoyment for life, loss of libido, and some brain fog. I stopped taking it today, hoping everything returns to normal.

Tell me more about immortal hairs regimen. Where can I find more info?

thx

How much were you taking? You should start off small and work your way up slowly. I started on a very low dose and still got side effects. But eventually after a week they wore off. Now I'm on borage oil and Saw at at least 1000 mg a day of each.. No sides