warning about 2.5mg dutas

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

doke
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: trialing scalpure with pantostin

warning about 2.5mg dutas

Post by doke » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:22 am

hi just thought i would warn you that i have had to stop taking dutas 2.5mg as it has began to upset my tummy a lot, i have found out on the intrnet that high dose of dutas contains glycerol which can do this,so its not worth taking,so i am now back to square one.

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Re: warning about 2.5mg dutas

Post by Anxious1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:21 am

=;

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:28 am

Doke, youve gone nuts, these are all the posts where u were praising dut at 2.5 mg

Re: DUTASTERIDE 2.5 MG OPTIMIUM DOSE FOR REGROWTH
by doke » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:02 am

guys i took dutasteride for over 6 months with no sides,that dose is only 0.5mg,know i think that 2.5 mg is such a small dose still, and as i am taking 4 dutas a day 2mg with no sides and regrowth of nothing i have ever used i am more than happy,also my doctor is ok about it,my acne is much better i feel fantastic and excited about my hair coming back.
doke

Re: Using Avodart for 2 months, my experiences. Are you using it? What has been your experience?
by doke » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:28 am

i used dutas for hair loss and it works better than any snake oils out there.
Last edited by doke on Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
doke

Re: Using Avodart for 2 months, my experiences. Are you using it? What has been your experience?
by doke » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:44 am

Hi i think that for a good result from dutasteride you may need to take 2.5mg for 6 months or more then to see results you have and then maybe reduce the dose,but it will be quite expensive,i have seen that results maybe seen within two weeks.
doke

by doke » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:53 am

now back on dutas as more hair loss without taking 2mg a day its the only thing that works for me.
doke

by doke » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:37 am

hi james that is the optimum dose of dutas for regrowth in the glaxo trials they used from 0.5 to 5 mg a day,and found that the 2.5 is the best dose,and that the side affects in the trial were very low.
You have got to remember that there are people taking lots of natural oral hair lose products that have not been tested for safety,and a hair loss doctor told me that to get equivalent dht blocking you would have to take thousends of mgs of say saw palmetto which will give you side affects and has not been tested.
Remember that they took up to 5mg of dutas with low sides,i myself are on 5 caps a day with no problems i got more with the natural ones i took oraly.
doke

by doke » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:53 am

james the natural oral products people are taking are more of a risk at least there have been trials, and also there were a lot of these scare stories back in the early 90s when people were taking proscar for hair loss.
Ihave had no sides and hair is regrowing, remember that there is always the 0.5mg first which i found did not work as well.
Also remember that even 2.5mg a day is a very small dose,when you see some people taking more than 1000 mgs a day of saw palmetto,which at higher doses has not been tested and i know i had some sides on that product.
doke

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:30 am

Now heres all our warnings about it, i like mine the best, but james one is more to the point.

by TheFunkyStumpfighter » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:05 am

Are you really implying that high dose saw palmetto is somehow less safe than 2.5mg of dutasteride a day? Telling people that super high doses of dutasteride will grow hair is just unethical, you could end up causing real harm to people who believe you.

by James » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:08 am

Taking 2.5 mg of dutasteride is absolutely crazy and EXTREMELY UNHEALTHY in my opinion. I think that you WILL get side effects and will not be able to continue with the drug. Don't forget that this drug is affecting your BRAIN.
James

by perga » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:02 pm

my testicles hurt just thinking about this much dutas

by Anxious1 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:59 pm

you forgot to mention his pee pee fell off, and testicles and prostate shrinked to the size of peas, and he now has man boobs. lol

by James » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:21 pm

Doke,

I don't believe the side effect results from the trials for one second. I guarantee you that they are higher in real life. The drug companies minimize the side effect profiles in every way that they possibly can. Also, they don't know the long term side effects from taking this drug, the drug trials are short. The shorter they are, less side effects arise, they save money, and can start making money as soon as possible. Remember, it is affecting YOUR BRAIN and causes depression in some because of this.

If you are not experiencing side effects at that dosage then you are lucky. I once tried that amount for a short period of time but quickly reduced my dosage back down to .5 as I felt I was being irresponsible with my health and mind. I currently don't even take the stuff and just take finasteride 1mg, which has its own set of problems. I will definitely be off of finasteride at some point as well.

My point is that if you make a statement that says "my hair loss doctors said"....... it means absolutely nothing to me and a lot of people. The majority are simply part of the messed up medical paradigm we currently live in. I am not saying you are stupid or anything, I am just saying that doctors only know what they are told (which is a lot of lies).

I wish you luck with the dutasteride though. I hope you don't get any side effects.
James

Anxious1
Prolific Poster

Post by Anxious1 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:32 am

so WE warned U about it doke, yet u didnt listen, got bad side effects, and now u come here and warn us, like we r the complacent ones???

u should change ur name to dope.

doke
Prolific Poster

Post by doke » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:59 am

i did take dutas 0.5mg for over 6 months and no sides,but started taking the trial amount of 2.5mg as you know that is 5 caps a day,the sides affects so far on this dose was as i said the tummy upset which is not good,and as the 0.5 did not work very well i got a bit desperate for regrowth.
As said i wanted to let you know straight away,i can still go back to using one or one and hal fmgs a day as it is not series sides.

doke
Prolific Poster

Post by doke » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:02 am

forgot to add i do not think that finasteride contains the glycerin which can cause upset stomachas to saw palmetto the higher doses needed to take to even lower dht would need 1000 mgs even if it was proved to help with mpb which no one has proved.
Remember that dutas has had a trial with over 4,000 people and a small amount get sides,but the higher the dose the more you can expect this,as i said it was not the drug its the ingredients that have affected me.
If we could get dutas in a powder form and i think you can we could try adding it to minox or on its own for topical use?

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:06 am

Thank you Doke for keeping us posted on your dutasteride 2.5mg self-dosage experiment. It is my understanding that Dutasteride has a longer shelf life and will remain in the body longer than Finasteride so you may experience the sides for a bit. Hopefully that isn't the case for you. Are there any others here that have also taken Dutasteride at 2.5mg or higher for any extended period of time?

doke
Prolific Poster

Post by doke » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:52 am

hi har i can always lower the dose as 2.5mg is quite high, you can buy dutas powder and mix it with minox but not sure if it would work.