Dermatopoietin-activates expression of all skin tissue relevant growth and differentiation factors like HGF, KGF and TNF-alpha

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

perga
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: Dermatopoietin-activates expression of all skin tissue relevant growth and differentiation factors like HGF, KGF and TNF-alpha

Post by perga » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:04 pm

updatessss?

Joanne, how is the shedding?
Jacob, any regrowth you attribute to Dermato?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Dermatopoietin-activates expression of all skin tissue relevant growth and differentiation factors like HGF, KGF and TNF-alpha

Post by Jacob » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:19 pm

I'm actually seeing quite a bit of new growth(if it'll do much more..stay around.. is the next test)..but it's hard to attribute it to just one thing. I just know I'm going to keep using this stuff for awhile..especially the 1-4 day stuff. I wish all topicals only had to be used a certain # of days and then you take a break. I could fit more topicals in that way \:D/ Not saying that would be better...but it could be :-s

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Laser
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 am

Jacob -- shortly I will begin Dermat and had a question on the cycling. Do you continue cycling the two bottles back-to-back?

1-4
5-14
1-4
etc...

thx.

PrematureMilli
Occasional Poster

Post by PrematureMilli » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:02 am

Jacob wrote:I'm actually seeing quite a bit of new growth(if it'll do much more..stay around.. is the next test)..but it's hard to attribute it to just one thing. I just know I'm going to keep using this stuff for awhile..especially the 1-4 day stuff. I wish all topicals only had to be used a certain # of days and then you take a break. I could fit more topicals in that way \:D/ Not saying that would be better...but it could be :-s

what two items do you MOST contribute to your new growth?

ChuckP
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by ChuckP » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:37 pm

I just ordered to try out some of the Lamas scalp serum and was wondering if I can use this also?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:33 am

MG63..yes I keep cycling them. There are times when I do not use the 5-14 day product(using that hGH topical for sure), but I always make sure to use the 1-4 and I use nothing else that night.

PrematureMilli..I'd have to say this product and the Lamas(so ChuckP..I do use them together- Lamas every morning) since I'm using them the longest of the ones I'm now using. Some of this regrowth probably started before this even..but it's more noticeable now.

Joanne
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)

Post by Joanne » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:39 am

perga wrote:updatessss?

Joanne, how is the shedding?
Jacob, any regrowth you attribute to Dermato?
Sorry about the lack of updates ... I'm traveling and have limited internet access.

Remarkably, the reduced shed is holding and there are many days where it's less than 100/day. Which is 50 - 60% less shedding than before I started. Still no signs of regrowth, but it's only been about 2 months and frankly, with longer hair it's not always so easy to tell.

But so far, I'm very happy I tried this product. Will finish my 4th cycle (Day 1-4 and Day 5-14), take about a 2 week break and then start the Crescina to hopefully help with the regrowth.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Would like to squeeze this into my regimen but don't know how I could fit it in with the elsom terminals, lamas serum and potentially my leftover xandrox.

Jacob, what do you think about occasional use of just the 1-4 day serum? Do you think it'd still have some benefit or do more harm than good if I didn't stick to it?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:53 pm

Well..it should be easy to stick with it. Just use it for 4 nights in a row(those mornings you could use something else if you wanted to..unless you're just sticking to nights) then use other things the other 5-14 nights. Then back to the 4 nights of the 1-4 product. That's the main reason I'll be sticking with this long-term- since it doesn't have to be used day after day.

Of course using other products along with it..even on off days..is experimental. But I'm not sure I'd bother trying to use it(the 1-4 day product) twice a week or something..since they've done the research on it.

Joey Ramone
Prolific Poster

Post by Joey Ramone » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:01 pm

Hmm... I'll probably order this after about a month of the terminals then and see how it feels.

Thanks for the reply mate.

ChuckP
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by ChuckP » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Jacob which HGH product are u using/

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:36 pm

ChuckP wrote:Jacob which HGH product are u using/
See this thread: http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... f=9&t=1133

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:43 pm

Jacob,

I'm thinking about just using the 1-4 serum for 4 days and then repeat the cycle again in two weeks. I don't want to use the 5-14 serum because it looks kind of point less. What ya think?

cld
Regular Poster

Post by cld » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:12 am

jacob the links to purchase it arent working. are there any others? i keep getting sent here.

http://www.swiss-cosmeceuticals.com/hairset.html

mitcky
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: Premox

Post by mitcky » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:53 am

cld
Regular Poster

Post by cld » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:59 am

thanks a bunch mitcky ! that worked fine

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:38 pm

kamui2 wrote:Jacob,

I'm thinking about just using the 1-4 serum for 4 days and then repeat the cycle again in two weeks. I don't want to use the 5-14 serum because it looks kind of point less. What ya think?
Makes sense to me. I'm sure the 5-14 can't hurt..but it's the 1-4 with the main goodies. It'll be interesting to see what the updated 5-14 serum will be like.

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:13 pm

I've been using Dermaheal for 8 months with some results. Any thoughts on cycling the 1-4 into the routine to possible increase results? Or will the two products cancel each other out?

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:45 pm

It depends are your results marginal with dermaheal or you think it hasn't changed for a while?

iluvhair
Regular Poster

Post by iluvhair » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:32 am

how often do you apply dermaheal, is it something you need to continuously apply? define "results"

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:18 am

not much change in the last couple of months - seems stalled.

Since late-September I've been alternating Crescina Plant Stem Cell 700 with Dermaheal each night. Finished the Crescina about a week ago and was going to inject something new into the routine. I feel like the dermaheal, which I started back in June is definitely a good product. I added the Crescina in October hoping to increase the regrowth, which is my biggest goal (I have a lot of small fine hairs) but not much has happened.

FightingBack26
Regular Poster

Post by FightingBack26 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:44 am

w
Jacob wrote:
kamui2 wrote:Jacob,

Makes sense to me. I'm sure the 5-14 can't hurt..but it's the 1-4 with the main goodies. It'll be interesting to see what the updated 5-14 serum will be like.
What's the best way to use Dermatopoietin just 2 cycles for 28 days or should it be done a few times with breaks in between? What do you think?

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:36 pm

Tried topical Kefir Jacob ?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:41 am

Fightingback26...I plan to just keep using it continuously. You are taking "breaks" since you only use the first product for 4 days..then take about a 10 day break before using it again. I'm just going to keep going by what the company recommends. Maybe they'll change the recommendations in the future.

N0rwgnKid..nope..never tried it topically. I'm using something that's made for our scalps...don't know if it's better or not:
http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... 3963&hilit

FightingBack26
Regular Poster

Post by FightingBack26 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:08 am

Jacob wrote:Fightingback26...I plan to just keep using it continuously. You are taking "breaks" since you only use the first product for 4 days..then take about a 10 day break before using it again. I'm just going to keep going by what the company recommends. Maybe they'll change the recommendations in the future.

N0rwgnKid..nope..never tried it topically. I'm using something that's made for our scalps...don't know if it's better or not:
http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... 3963&hilit
So does that mean you will be using it every month? Is this meant to be used month after month after month without breaks?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:59 am

More like twice a month...and yep..month after month. If anything comes out that only needs to be used once...I'll let you know :lol:

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Jacob- kefir is thought to work in a similiar manner, increasing the amount of friendly bacteria. As IH said, "bacterial imbalance is a major factor in hairloss". I have been using topical kefir for 2 weeks now, my scalp feels great, and it has reduced my shedding greatly. I really really recommend it .

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:38 pm

N0rwgnKid..I know..but that's why I said I'm using something that's made for the scalp(also why I'm interested in that particular strain-see other thread- taken internally. That is found in kefir as well). You want to put Kefir on your head..you go right ahead :lol: And I wonder where that quote came from :-s (inside joke..shhhh)

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:26 pm

The fact that it is "made for scalp" probalby increases the price of it a bit, and the expectations that it should work. Something so simple and hopefully effective as plain store-bought kefir makes it sum sumarum a better choice.. i guess :)

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:37 pm

I'm sure kefir can help..but I know I'm not the only one willing to spend a bit more $ on something that has been researched for it's purpose...smells good...ready-to-go..etc. I've *never* been crazy about using homemade things..trying to concoct my own topicals..etc [-(

N0rwgnKid
Seasoned Poster

Post by N0rwgnKid » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:26 am

Yeah I can understand that. We will anyways be reporting back our "progress" or lack of it, so what works best will in the end be resolved :)

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Yeah..but you probably won't hear anything from me about it. Using plenty of other things to give the credit to as well :-s

FightingBack26
Regular Poster

Post by FightingBack26 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:18 am

Whoever is using Dermatopoietin please weigh in on results or lack thereof periodically. Thanks!

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:29 pm

I am definitely seeing results but I need to add that I'm also using other things. My hair is definitely thickening up..a lot of it is wispy type hair so we'll see what happens. I usually do better in the spring/summer so I really hope this continues.

I think that "30 month" window is a bunch of crap..except for that receded area that even those with no hair loss get over time- that "mature hairline". I'm a ways away from even getting to that..but at least things are improving. For now.

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:53 pm

Jacob wrote:I am definitely seeing results but I need to add that I'm also using other things. My hair is definitely thickening up..a lot of it is wispy type hair so we'll see what happens. I usually do better in the spring/summer so I really hope this continues.

I think that "30 month" window is a bunch of crap..except for that receded area that even those with no hair loss get over time- that "mature hairline". I'm a ways away from even getting to that..but at least things are improving. For now.

Do you mean hair follicles never die and can be regrown? :D

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:57 pm

I don't think anyone knows for sure. All I know is giving up on hair that's been lost almost 3 years and more is insane :!:

lost.hair.lost.youth
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Other
Norwood Level: Norwood V
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral 2% 2x/week started on May-2011.
Finasteride 1.25g 6x/week started Oct-2011.
Minoxidil 5% 7x/week started on Nov-2011.

Post by lost.hair.lost.youth » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:44 am

Jacob wrote:I don't think anyone knows for sure. All I know is giving up on hair that's been lost almost 3 years and more is insane :!:
You mean that by using some hi-tech topicals (that have been being discussed here) it's possible to regain the hair (even if not all, at lest most of it) that was lost during the last 3 years?
Is this only theory or are there any real success cases here in the forum?
One thing is to regain 10-50 new hairs, another is something in the rage of the 800 or more. (I chosen 800 for no reason, it just seems like a very big number)

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:26 am

It doesn't even have to be the newer topicals discussed here. All I'm saying is that it's obvious I'm seeing hairs in areas that have been gone longer than 3 years, and I know others have experienced this as well. As I said above- will have to see what happens over time.

Some say even getting 10-50 hairs in those areas is impossible.

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:50 pm

Jacob, any news on when the new 5-14 day serum going to be out??

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Jacob any idea on how to get a discount the old premium codes don't work. By the way used the dicount on dermaheal thanks alot :-)

Joanne
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)

Post by Joanne » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:27 pm

It's been about 2 1/2 months since I started the Dermatopoietin. I went through 4 full cycles of Day 1-4 and 5-14 serum. To be honest, in the last cycle, I didn't use the 5-14 serum very consistently as I really don't like how it leaves my hair.

The good news ... shedding is still way, way down. I'm probably around 100 hairs/day, give or take 20. This is (unfortunately) a big improvement from the 200-300+ hairs/day shedding of the last few years. I'm happy.

The not-so-good-news ... I don't see any signs of regrowth at all. I wasn't really expecting to, so I'm not disappointed and the reduced shedding is a big plus. I haven't used any topical for the last 2-3 weeks and have not noticed any real difference in the shedding, so the results don't seem to go away when you stop using it. Yet.

My only real complaint about this product is the Day 5-14 serum. After a few days, my hair is so over-conditioned that it lies completely flat and lifeless on my head. I wouldn't use it again. The Day 1-4 serum was amazing. Hair and scalp felt great, hair looked full and thick.

I'm going to take a break from this and probably start the Crescina product I bought a few months ago. Hopefully get a little regrowth.

Also ... I'm going to start doing laser treatments at a salon here in town. They have a special discounted price of $500 for 12 weeks/ twice a week. If there are no results, there's a full refund, so I have nothing to lose. Even though I've had a DIY laser device for about 14 months, I still think there's a piece of the puzzle we haven't incorporated into them ... and I suspect that might be pulsing lasers, which this salon device has. Thursday is my first treatment ... I'll report back if there are any results. Now that the shedding seems to be somewhat under control, I'm really focusing on regrowth.

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:47 pm

Joanne wrote:It's been about 2 1/2 months since I started the Dermatopoietin. I went through 4 full cycles of Day 1-4 and 5-14 serum. To be honest, in the last cycle, I didn't use the 5-14 serum very consistently as I really don't like how it leaves my hair.

The good news ... shedding is still way, way down. I'm probably around 100 hairs/day, give or take 20. This is (unfortunately) a big improvement from the 200-300+ hairs/day shedding of the last few years. I'm happy.

The not-so-good-news ... I don't see any signs of regrowth at all. I wasn't really expecting to, so I'm not disappointed and the reduced shedding is a big plus. I haven't used any topical for the last 2-3 weeks and have not noticed any real difference in the shedding, so the results don't seem to go away when you stop using it. Yet.

My only real complaint about this product is the Day 5-14 serum. After a few days, my hair is so over-conditioned that it lies completely flat and lifeless on my head. I wouldn't use it again. The Day 1-4 serum was amazing. Hair and scalp felt great, hair looked full and thick.

I'm going to take a break from this and probably start the Crescina product I bought a few months ago. Hopefully get a little regrowth.

Also ... I'm going to start doing laser treatments at a salon here in town. They have a special discounted price of $500 for 12 weeks/ twice a week. If there are no results, there's a full refund, so I have nothing to lose. Even though I've had a DIY laser device for about 14 months, I still think there's a piece of the puzzle we haven't incorporated into them ... and I suspect that might be pulsing lasers, which this salon device has. Thursday is my first treatment ... I'll report back if there are any results. Now that the shedding seems to be somewhat under control, I'm really focusing on regrowth.
That's good news Joanne..

Why not continue to use the 1-4 day serum just in case the shedding comes back? :D

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:46 am

On the two questions above..I'll try to get some answers.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:06 pm

All great news. I still have this one in my closet, haven't used it yet though.

If you haven't gotten in touch with them yet Jacob, could you ask the shelf life on an unopened bottle as well?

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Yea the old login/password is expired and I asked for another one but no reply.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:16 pm

It sounds like the person we've been communicating with has gone to school and no longer works there. How long ago did you try contacting them?

Answers to the questions: Expire date- within three years from the date of issue.
Old passwords are no longer valid. Contact them for a new one..it almost sounds like you have to give them the old password to get the new one, but I'm waiting for clarification on that.
New version will be available early April. I hope it's not April 1.

kamui2
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui2 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:43 pm

I contacted them 1 day ago saying the old login they gave me didn't work anymore.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:46 pm

Well give 'em some more time...but maybe it's supposed to be sent to a different email addy now. Let me know if you don't get a response by the end of the week. Or maybe I can get a response on that, too...before then.

iluvhair
Regular Poster

Post by iluvhair » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:47 pm

they are always very quick to reply to my emails

ACM
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by ACM » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Updates? For those that are using this, would you recommend it? Thinking about giving this a shot. Thanks