Dermatopoietin-activates expression of all skin tissue relevant growth and differentiation factors like HGF, KGF and TNF-alpha

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Dermatopoietin-activates expression of all skin tissue relevant growth and differentiation factors like HGF, KGF and TNF-alpha

Post by Jacob » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:28 am

DERMATOPOIETIN® activates expression of all skin tissue relevant growth and differentiation factors like HGF, KGF and TNF-alpha from the upper layer of epidermis. These growth factors are sensed by the neighbor cells and induce global tissue remodeling process including skin cells proliferation and migration as well as controlled synthesis or degradation of extracellular matrix.
DERMATOPOIETIN® does not deliver any functional components into the skin. It rather acts by triggering the tissue’s own regenerative abilities. As a result the process of cell regeneration starts off on the skin surface and unfolds its action in the deeper layer of the epidermis. In response to DERMATOPOIETIN® skin cells carry out a complex process of tissue remodeling that finally leads to skin rejuvenation.
http://www.dermatopoietin.ch/index.html

http://www.even-swiss.ch/english/dpanimation.html

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Dermatopoietin-activates expression of all skin tissue relevant growth and differentiation factors like HGF, KGF and TNF-alpha

Post by Jacob » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:52 am

Following successful efficacy tests, United Cosmeceuticals is using the show to present its new Dermatopoietin® cosmetic line for the first time. Designed for anti-cellulite, anti-ageing, hair loss prevention and nail growing and strengthening applications, the range features active proprietary peptides which regulate the entire process of dermis remodelling and skin renewal
http://www.npicenter.com/anm/templates/ ... 6&zoneid=2

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: Dermatopoietin-activates expression of all skin tissue relevant growth and differentiation factors like HGF, KGF and TNF-alpha

Post by Jacob » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:54 am

Got a response from them:
We indeed developed a new cosmetic line "Dermatopoietin" which includes anti-hair loss product "Hair protection system". This novel cosmetic line we will first introduce to the cosmetic market at In Cosmetics Asia exhibition in Singapore in October 2009.
If you are a cosmetics distributor, we would be happy to collaborate with you. If it is for your private needs, you can order our products directly from the homepage www.dermatopoietin.ch in October 2009.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:33 am

Jacob wrote:Got a response from them:
We indeed developed a new cosmetic line "Dermatopoietin" which includes anti-hair loss product "Hair protection system". This novel cosmetic line we will first introduce to the cosmetic market at In Cosmetics Asia exhibition in Singapore in October 2009.
If you are a cosmetics distributor, we would be happy to collaborate with you. If it is for your private needs, you can order our products directly from the homepage http://www.dermatopoietin.ch in October 2009.

There have already been a few products that are aimed at growth factors with no much success - how does this differ?

Regards
Pete

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:41 pm

I think this is different in that it "activates" them. You're not applying the "growth factors" etc...you're applying something that activates them. They even talk about absorption/penetration not being a concern.

They can feel free to jump in here if they want. I provided the link in my last email to them..so they're now officially invited, if they care...or dare :twisted: Otherwise I'll post responses myself.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:03 pm

I didn't see their other info pages.

http://www.even-swiss.ch/docs/advancedreview.pdf
DERMATOPOIETINTM is a 159 amino acid long
polypeptide. It is constantly produced by skin almost
exclusively onto the stratum corneum (upper skin layer)
of the human epidermis. DERMATOPOIETINTM serves as
an autocrine factor that initiates a cascade of events
directed to deeper layers of skin.
Activation of cell growth signaling cascade
DERMATOPOIETINTM activates genes encoding growth
factors such as keratinocyte growth factor (KGF)1-3,
hepatocytes growth factor (HGF)1, granulocytemacrophage
growth factor (GM-CSF)4, and transforming
growth factor-alpha (TGF-alpha)5. These growth factors,
in turn, initiate a cascade of events leading to fibroblast
and keratinocyte proliferation, keratinocyte migration6,7,
and entire skin renewal.
DERMATOPOIETINTM suppress expression of
connective tissue growth factor (CTGF), a major
fibrogenic factor responsible for excessive scarring or
keloid formation through promoting proliferation and
collagen synthesis of mesenchymal cells12
See that last one? 8)

http://www.even-swiss.ch/docs/presentationp.pdf

Animated: http://www.even-swiss.ch/english/dpanimation.html

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:19 pm

Nice what would we do withou you Jacob ? Lol

helpmyhair
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by helpmyhair » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:43 am

where on their site does it talk specifically about hair loss? does it talk specifically to MPB?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:47 pm

I didn't see it anywhere on their site. It just looked like something that would be useful for hair loss..so I'm surprised and yet not surprised they actually are coming out with a product for that.

p__
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by p__ » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Thanls for the heads-up!

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:42 pm

This is really exciting.

I'm a bit concerned about consistent use of growth factors or mimicking peptides though. There very well could be negative feedback loops that down regulate cellular receptors and screw with natural production of the growth factors. I actually posted this question on the Elsom forums as well, but it's a graveyard over there so Dr Y hasn't even seen it I'm sure.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:33 pm

I've meant to send them some more questions..including your worries there Perga. Will post any responses I get.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:57 pm

On prices and shipping to the USA etc:
At the moment we have no exclusive or other distributor in the USA. However, our other products like EVEN of Switzerland can be ordered from the USA through our internet shop http://www.swiss-cosmeceuticals.com/derm.html or directly by EVENSWISS. We have plenty fans in the USA and never heard about any problems by shipment.
I could provide you the exact costs in October. The price in Switzerland will be about 40 EUR for Hair protection serum day 1-4 and about 32 EUR for Hair protection serum day 5-14. Shipping and internet fees are about 10-20 %.
On Perga's concerns..and this is where it gets interesting(Dr. AQ may be going \:D/ ):
Yes, any regulation contains a lot of feedbacks and continous use of regulators de-sensitizes receptors and signal transduction pathways. By this reason, we use a short-term treatment mode. For hairloss product, the product application time is four days only to trigger the process.
It doesn't sound like much more info will be given until it's release. Like..what is the day 5-14 day product all about then? I'll see if I can at least get that outta 'em.

tonyj
Regular Poster

Post by tonyj » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:28 pm

I don't see any peer reviewed studies on this. Are there any links?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:19 am

Wait until Oct. I don't expect any "peer reviewed studies"..but ya never know.

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:42 am

Jacob should I be concerned, I used two sets of a&g and then dermaheal. Is this too many growth factors and mimicking peptides?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:33 pm

I dunno..it may be a good idea to taper off if you're still using it/them..then use 'em more sparingly. I wouldn't think what you've already used would do much harm.

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:51 am

Thanks Jacob
this is great I can't wait till it comes out

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:59 pm

Ok..got some more answers. On the day 5-14 product:
We propose to take the serum with ingredients which are responsible for stopping the hair loss, e.g. Dermatopoietin, in days 1-4 and after that to take serum for days 5-14 with a vitamin complex essential for healthy looking hair and continues the effect of SERUM DAY 1-4.
The ingreds for that product are:
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate,
Pentylene Glycol, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Succinic Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Panthenol, Niacin, Ubiquinone, Tocopherol, Thiocitic Acid, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone.
I don't know how effective the products will be..but it looks like they for sure have made this particular one smell good(I could be wrong)- try searching for some of the latter ingredients. I know some are for more than just their scent. The first # of ingreds also leads me to believe it'll be hair friendly...although it'd be nice to have it more natural. Hopefully it'll be non-irritating as well.

Also..I'm told it should be used/done in cycles..continuously. In other words..keep using the products for the days they're intended to be used. Don't take breaks in-between.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:09 pm

I see it's on the website as "soon available". Says to leave on overnight..so I guess it won't matter how hair friendly it is. A nice scent would be..nice..though...
HAIR PROTECTION SYSTEM

Even a four-day-long application of this product diminish abnormal hair loss to the normal level.

Dermatopoietin® HAIR PROTECTION SYSTEM SERUM DAY 1 to 4
Contains Dermatopoietin® (rh-Polypeptide 17) and Hexapeptide 18. It stops hair loss. Clinically proven. Application: daily in the evening of the day 1 to 4; apply the serum onto the scalp area, massage gently into the
skin, leave overnight, and wash off in the morning. To continue the effect, use HAIR PROTECTION SYSTEM SERUM DAY 5 TO 14.*

Dermatopoietin® HAIR PROTECTION SYSTEM SERUM DAY 5 to 14
It contains a vitamin complex essential for healthy looking hair and continues the effect of HAIR PROTECTION SYSTEM SERUM DAY 1-4. Application: daily in the evening of day 5 to 14; apply the serum onto the scalp area, massage gently into the skin, leave overnight, and wash off in the morning.*

The containers look cool:

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:31 pm

IMO, this product has the most potential of any that has been posted about lately.

I'm still going to stick with Elsom until I have stabilized, but this looks great. Do we have a cost on the 14 day treatment yet? And they want you to just do 14 day cycles continuously? = 26 cycles per year ... potentially pricey.

That container does look badass though.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:27 pm

They said previously
The price in Switzerland will be about 40 EUR for Hair protection serum day 1-4 and about 32 EUR for Hair protection serum day 5-14. Shipping and internet fees are about 10-20 %.
The price per year will depend upon how long each container lasts. So yes..potentially is correct. I guess that'll be my next question for them 8)

I'll most likely keep using the other things I'm using..even if less frequently. May have to start rotating things in the morning instead.

worldwar
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride;
Minoxidil+Lavender+Thyme;
Niacinamide

Post by worldwar » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:01 am

Hp serum day 5-14 does appear unnecessary to me. Vitamin complex? Bah..

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:04 am

perga wrote:This is really exciting.

I'm a bit concerned about consistent use of growth factors or mimicking peptides though. There very well could be negative feedback loops that down regulate cellular receptors and screw with natural production of the growth factors. I actually posted this question on the Elsom forums as well, but it's a graveyard over there so Dr Y hasn't even seen it I'm sure.

Jacob

Id be interested to know what response you get from the makers regarding the above concerns...

Regards
Pete

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:44 pm

Pete, it's in one of the quotes above..which is:
Yes, any regulation contains a lot of feedbacks and continous use of regulators de-sensitizes receptors and signal transduction pathways. By this reason, we use a short-term treatment mode. For hairloss product, the product application time is four days only to trigger the process.

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:11 pm

Their using pg for delivery I thought we don't like that, no release date yet?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:15 pm

It's Pentylene Glycol..but like I said above..it'd still be nice to get it more natural. Of course it's so simple to do that :-s

I thought they said by the end of Oct it'd be available.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:30 pm

Each kit is supposed to last 14 days. So yes, it can be expensive to use it continuously. Like with everything else though..you may be able to make it last longer.

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by Alex Summers » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:18 pm

I wrote the company an email asking if any pictures are available. They haven't written me back yet, but when they (hopelly) do I'll be sure to post it. I'm sure they'll just say " We have pictures, but we're not going to release them at this time."

Alex Summers
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV

Post by Alex Summers » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:18 am

I still haven't received an answer from the company, but I did notice that they've started selling the product. Anyone want to give it a shot and report back? I would but I don't really have the funds for it right now.

http://www.swiss-cosmeceuticals.com/hairset.html

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:42 am

I had gotten a response from them on that(she did say for me to forward any questions you guys may have..so maybe they're being overwhelmed with emails so that's why they're not responding)..something about they went with hair counts instead of pictures- made more sense to them. I'd have to look it up. Same with the discount we're supposed to get. Will be back tonight with the info.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:53 am

Hey Jacob,

I'm interested in more info. I think i might be willing to give one cycle a try. My concern is that there is little info on the hair products and a lot on their skin products. We all know that what is good for skin isn't always necessarily good for hair. Furthermore we all know that hair is much more difficult to tackle effectively. So....any info from then that you can pass on would be great. Thanks for doing all the digging on yet another interesting product.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:51 pm

Guess I'll have to wait until Monday or so for answers.

Hulihoop...yeah..hair growing is a whole 'nother ball game. I think they're being cautious or just using common sense here, in not making crazy claims. Maybe they saw what A&G went through :-s

As you can see..I had posted about Dermatopoietin well before I knew anything about a hair product coming from them. It all just looked good- like you say..what's good for skin can be good for hair. The HGF..KGF..etc- all positives for hair.

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:19 am

So is any one gonna buy this? I might after I'm done with my bottle of dermaheal. I'm not buying the vitamines probably just gonna use dermaheal after the 1-4 day application

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:44 pm

Ok guys..here are the prices and how to go about getting them at these prices...

HAIR PROTECTION SYSTEM
SERUM DAY 1 TO 4 / 40 ml 43011 41.10 CHF
SERUM DAY 5 TO 14 / 60 ml 43012 36.40 CHF
KIT / 40 ml + 60 ml 43010 64.40 CHF
This prices could be changed (+/-1-3%)

Email them at info@unicos.ch and have this in the message: "Hair Loss forum poster here..Premium service code requested" ...and they will provide the password and login for access to special prices.

http://www.swiss-cosmeceuticals.com/hairset.html

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:05 pm

"I would like to use premium service. I am from Hair Loss forum"

LMFAO

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:02 pm

?

That's just word for word. Probably speaks German. But I'll re-word it for them..just for you, Chore Boy \:D/

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:48 am

I'm curious to know who all is going to try this. It'll be interesting to see how any DermaHeal type product users do compared to the rest of us. Giving that it's supposed to "activate" some of the things used in those products. Those things are already present in the skin/scalp..but you know what I mean :-s

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:40 pm

I just email them I'm gonna use the 1-4 days and then continue with dermaheal daily sounds good Jacob?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:07 am

It sounds good but if it is a good idea..I dunno. I guess I'd wait awhile after the1-4 days ..but your idea may be better.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:06 pm

Hey Jacob, I ordered it. Looking forward to trying it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention and getting the "premium" price for us.

hopeful19
Regular Poster

Post by hopeful19 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:47 pm

Jacob , are you planning on using the full 14 day cycle or sticking with the day 1-4 solution?
Also, do you know if discontinuing the topical will result in deactivation of growth factors as it was before use?

Even with the days 1-4 topical, I think that individuals should be able to stretch it out a little bit longer seeing hows its 40mL?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:00 am

I plan on doing the full 14 day cycle..at least for a few months- probably a lot longer. I don't know if it'll do anything for regrowth but like with anything it's going to take awhile if it does. And yeah..if I can spread it out to make it last longer, I'm going to do that. But I want to make sure I'm putting enough on. 40ml is under 1.5 oz, remember.

I'll forward your question to them. My guess is after a certain amount of time it goes back to "normal".

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Treatment Regimen: Laser
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:19 am

I've been using Dermaheal for 4 months... Is the sense that switching
over to this product or alternating with Dermaheal will drive better results?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:04 pm

That's the big unknown. If you're getting results with DermaHeal...I would at least keep it in your rotation.

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:22 pm

thx Jacob -- which products did you purchase? Also, I'm in the US, did you purchase them from the web site?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:43 pm

As far as I know, the Dermatopoietin products are only available directly from them. Although I do see "Partners" in Russia etc. If you mean the DermaHeal..I have yet to try that as well. Cheapest price on the topical seems to be the one in the 15% off link.

MG63
Seasoned Poster
Dermaheal
Crescina Stem Cell 500

Post by MG63 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:57 am

thanks Jacob - I was referring to the Dermatopoietin products. Did you order the kit from their web site?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:49 am

No..I ordered it from Walmart #-o

(but yes..again, that's the only place I'm aware of where one CAN order it from)

:lol:

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:04 am

Following the rules posted in the Q&A section..I'll make a comment on the latest comment there..here. Hopefully their response will be a bit better than mine :lol: but just looking over the post quick- the thing that jumped out at me was it was almost all about alopecia areata. As this other one(or maybe it was included in that post) shows: http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v103/ ... 1145a.html Then I'm thinking there's probably a reason/connection to using that particular ingred only 4 days in a row.

Anyway..I did a very quick search to come up with these:

http://dermatology.cdlib.org/DOJvol4num ... nkovi.html
Interleukin 1- (IL-1 ) inhibits growth of hair and follicle, but only after 2-4 days of latency.[9] The increase of IL-1 concentration in extracellular fluid during inflammation could be one of the reasons for alopecia following certain infectious diseases
http://www.curehunter.com/public/keywor ... D000505.do
02/01/1992 - "Both ImuVert and IL 1 were equally effective in protecting rats from ARA-C-induced alopecia. "
07/01/1991 - "It is concluded that the protection from alopecia by ImuVert is mediated by cytokines, primarily IL 1."
07/01/1991 - "Protection from cytosine arabinoside-induced alopecia by ImuVert has recently been reported in a rat model. "
09/28/1990 - "In recent work on the treatment of myelogenous leukemia in the rat, the following observations were made: (i) treatment of 8-day-old rats with cytosine arabinoside consistently produced alopecia, and (ii) ImuVert, a biologic response modifier derived from the bacterium Serratia marcescens, uniformly produced complete protection against the alopecia. "
02/01/1992 - "ImuVert, a biologic response modifier, and interleukin 1 (IL 1) have been shown to protect the young rat from alopecia induced by cytarabine (ARA-C). "
Dr. Proctor even posted one of those:

http://peterproctor.com//index.php?blog ... &submit=Go

Interleukin 1 protects hair follicles from cytarabine (ARA-C)-induced toxicity in vivo and in vitro.

Jimenez JJ, et al

ImuVert, a biologic response modifier, and interleukin 1 (IL 1) have been shown to protect the young rat from alopecia (hair loss) induced by cytarabine (ARA-C). In the present study the inhibition by ARA-C of DNA synthesis in hair follicles (HFs) and the protective effect of ImuVert and IL 1 were investigated in vivo and in vitro. Both ImuVert and IL 1 were equally effective in protecting rats from ARA-C-induced alopecia. DNA synthesis in HFs isolated from ARA-C-treated animals was 10-20% of untreated controls. …snip..
I guess I would refrain from jumping to conclusions right away- posting "I wouldn't put this on my head" etc..w/out first getting a response, at least. Unless you have more than 50 posts under your belt. Just kidding........