Concealers

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

kamisama
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Concealers

Post by kamisama » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:05 am

hello guys i realise there is no thread on this but i need some opinions on the concealers available coz im getting into situation where i'll need them. however, i cant really decide on which brand to get. Would like to know which brand you guys are using, preferably economical coz mine's diffuse thinning. Oh ya, preferably one that dun get my face black when sweating or caught in the rain.

Thanks!

Edit: just a mental note for me to choose from:

toppik
dermmatch
hairsoreal
haircubed
courve

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Re: Concealers

Post by intricate1 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:45 pm

Don't use them I hated using the get spectral dnc

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily

Post by dreamlandman » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:29 pm

Kamisama,
I have been using Toppik for about 6 months and it's saved my sanity in several social situations (how's that for alliteration?).
I'm a diffuse thinner NW2-3 and T. has given me confidence on those days I feel like crumbling under the pressures from life.

I don't have any experience with rainy weather etc but my umbrella is always just a few inches away when the weather seems threatening at all.
Be careful though if you're applying it whilst wearing a white coloured business shirt as I did, since even though it's easy to brush off the 'dust', don't have even slightly wet hands while brushing it off as I did once in a hurry as I discovered that night that the shirt collar had some slight blue stains from one of the bluish pigments present.

Other than that, I love it very much. I don't know how I'd be without it....yes I do.

Justin.

kamisama
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by kamisama » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:55 pm

dreamlandman wrote:Kamisama,
I have been using Toppik for about 6 months and it's saved my sanity in several social situations (how's that for alliteration?).
I'm a diffuse thinner NW2-3 and T. has given me confidence on those days I feel like crumbling under the pressures from life.

I don't have any experience with rainy weather etc but my umbrella is always just a few inches away when the weather seems threatening at all.
Be careful though if you're applying it whilst wearing a white coloured business shirt as I did, since even though it's easy to brush off the 'dust', don't have even slightly wet hands while brushing it off as I did once in a hurry as I discovered that night that the shirt collar had some slight blue stains from one of the bluish pigments present.

Other than that, I love it very much. I don't know how I'd be without it....yes I do.

Justin.

thanks justin. yea same thoughts regarding how several occasions i will need it. btw, ive ordered HSR to try out, as reviews have said its just like toppik but its much cheaper. About the rain, im just afraid of situations when im caught unaware of, say like having to run across a street back school when theres a downpour. Maybe if im alone i can wait it out, but most of the times i would be with friends so yea.. kinda hard to find an excuse for just running in the rain for like less than a min. and im w/o an umbrella, that is.