OT: Body Wash + Face Cream

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

perga
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

OT: Body Wash + Face Cream

Post by perga » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:12 pm

So, I've decided that aging sucks, and I want to maintain youthful skin as long as possible.

What all do you guys use for body wash? I want something natural that moisturizes skin etc.

How about face cream? I want an all natural with anti-aging properties, moisturizing, and sunblock. I was looking at the elsom stuff, since I really like the nanosoft face wash, but I want everyones opinion first.

glaxom
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Re: OT: Body Wash + Face Cream

Post by glaxom » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:25 pm

www.truthinaging.com has reviews on face soaps and anti-aging creams. I just use Equate deep mosturizing body wash from walmart in the shower , zirh facial clean(not that good) and after that nutra-lift serum(good stuff) for the face that's reviewed on that web site.

A & G sells facial products also i think, LOL

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:11 pm

Thanks to Elsom's free product of the month I haven't had a chance to really use anything else lately. And yeah..that NanoSoft is nice...could be a little thicker though.

Body washes..I've just been using what I find on sale around here. I'm still looking for a good moisturizing one..maybe with Marula oil..for the winter.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:04 pm

perga wrote:So, I've decided that aging sucks, and I want to maintain youthful skin as long as possible.

What all do you guys use for body wash? I want something natural that moisturizes skin etc.

How about face cream? I want an all natural with anti-aging properties, moisturizing, and sunblock. I was looking at the elsom stuff, since I really like the nanosoft face wash, but I want everyones opinion first.

I like this range :

http://www.korres.com/CountrySelect.aspx

Regards
Pete

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:46 pm

So I ended up getting a bunch of Mione face and body stuff. I also got a bunch of Tom's of Maine oral hygiene products

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:00 pm

The best things for your skin are not going to be found in bodywashes and face creams. #1 products which has years of sound medical science behind it is Tretinoin (Retin-A) in gel or cream base. OTC Retinol based creams will work also but this will take longer than prescription strength tretinoins. This will help with the facial lines and skin pigmentation normally found in aged skin. #2 product is copper peptides. There is plenty of science behind this as well. #3 is topical Vitamin-C (Skinceutical CE Ferulic; Cellex-C). #4 professionally administered chemical peels. Best way to keep your skin hydrated is either to move to a humid area or steam/sauna on a regular basis. Anything to cause the pores to excrete water in the form of sweat keeps the skin taut. The best skin I've seen are generally found on people who practice good sun protection (avoiding direct sun during hottest times of day) and live in humid moist regions. Skin generally is plump, moist and creaseless.

For those budget minded individuals who like to use home based products I suggest the following:

Tumeric, Green Tea and Vitamin C facials. Use lime juice as the base to mix one or all three. If you must have a standby facial cream, be sure it has at least 10% AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid). The key is to keep your skin hydrated and in an exfoliated state as dead skin cells take longer to turn over if you're over 25 years of age and not living in a humid environment like Hawaii or the Philippines year round. You can buy green tea powder in asian markets or online. Some folks like to get Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) from capsule form but I prefer to ground up orange peel in my coffee grinder and smear the stuff all over my face. Be aware that you will be completely orange in the face from following my technique. And for heaven's sake, get a tan once in a while despite all the media suggesting otherwise. Just don't get burned and use good judgement not to overextend your exposure - 30 minutes is fine in sub-tropical or tropical equatorial regions. Use sunscreen if exposed for extended periods of time exceeding 30 min especially in highly reflective environments such as in water (pool or ocean) or high altitudes with snow on the ground.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:36 pm