t-flavanone and other topical anti-fibrotic measures

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

t-flavanone and other topical anti-fibrotic measures

Post by chore boy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:56 am

I honestly do believe that fibrosis - and especially the "fibrotic overlay" we see on the scalp - is probably a great contributor to why we don't really see spectacular terminal hair regrowth in AGA. I recall reading that miniaturizing follicles will re-enlarge when transplanted onto mice... proof that MPB can be reversed, in my opinion. Since I've started claying, I've noticed that there appears to be bumps at the base of my follicles and I can't help but wonder if my obviously fibrotic scalp is locking in a bunch of sebum? I'm not sure there's anything that can convince me that the waxy sebum associated with my MPB isn't choking my follicles to death... who's to say that the dense sebum isn't interfering with signaling in the follicle? Personally, I'd rather have it gone and I have to wonder if fibrosis is hindering my attempts to facilitate its departure.

I bought the Goldwell Inner Effect Active Regulate Hair Spray for t-flavanone's TGF-b inhibition/anti-fibrotic properties and was pleasantly surprised to learn it had other ingedients I was interested in using, namely apigenin.

FACT SHEET

GOLDWELL INNEREFFECT REGULATE HAIR ACTIVE SPRAY

What It Is: A hair thickening spray.

What It Does: Helps prolong the hair’s growth phase, increase circulation in the scalp and
make hair look fuller and thicker. It also helps prevent premature hair loss.

How You Use It: Spray directly onto the scalp and massage in gently. Do not rinse.
May be used on wet or dry hair.

Features and • t-Flavanone, oleanolic acid, biotinyl-GHK, apigenin and menthol
Benefits: protect the hair, fortify thin or thinning hair and maintain the hair’s density.

• The active color protection system has special UV filters and
antioxidizing agents, providing color protection for more durable and
brilliant hair color.
Last edited by chore boy on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hapyman
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: t-flavanone and other topical anti-fibrotic measures

Post by hapyman » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:36 pm

Interesting product Chore. I really agree with you, in that we have to reverse to damage to take full advantage of any regrowth possibilities. Yeah if you catch it early enough you can find enough things to help halt your hair loss but not too many things will fully reverse it yet.

I would try something like this but I am currently addressing fibrotic tissue from the inside out. The main reason I am doing this is that there is enough reason to believe that some of the capillary systems may need to be rebuilt as well due to hyper-coagulation (from lpa). Currently I am using systemic enzymes, LBI and the pauling protocol to address this.

chore boy
Prolific Poster

Post by chore boy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:42 pm

Systemically, I'm using taurine... using it topically, too.

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:45 pm

Good stuff. Coincidentally I am taking taurine too. IH recommends it if you eat "civilized" food.

BTW I love the hairy quote... classic regrowth.

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by Jacob » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:23 pm

Am I the only one using NanoFibrin?

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:12 am

Think so. I would love to try some of elsom's products but I just can't bring myself to spend that much for it. How long does nanofibrin last? If it lasted longer than a month I may be more tempted to try it.

Also the ingredients list is pretty vague. For example "aromatic essential oils, skin resurfacing agents,anti-bacterial components, anti-oxidant vitamins". I'd really like to know what exactly is in it before I pay $65 for it.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:09 am

It lasts much longer than a month..since after the first week or so it's not used every day.
For the first week, apply daily. Afterward, apply once per week. If you also use Giga-C™, use NanoFibrin™ and Giga-C™on alternate days.
Now that I read that..I wonder if they mean the Giga-C on alternate days that first week- which would probably then mean 2 weeks? Or if you're using Giga-C..just keep doing NanoFibrin one day and Giga-C the next..etc. Hmmmm

I thought the ingreds were listed somewhere..isn't coming up in the search though. I'll post 'em below:

Water, ascorbyl palmitate, malic acid, jojoba oil, calcium hydroxide, phenonip, Vitamin E, polysorbate 20, Vitamin A, lactic acid, resorcinol, salicylic acid, lecithin, cocoyl sulfate, sodium malate, balsam peru, petitgrain, benzoin, xanthan gum.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:14 am

Resorcinol is used to treat acne, seborrheic dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, and other skin disorders. It is also used to treat corns, calluses, and warts.

Resorcinol works by helping to remove hard, scaly, or roughened skin.
Cosmetic properties of benzoin chapped skin

It has some great therapeutic properties and assists with poor circulation, soothing dry, chapped skin, eczema, as well as minor wounds and scar tissue.

It is particularly effective for chapped hands, chilblains and rashes and is also a good remedy for wounds and sores - especially if redness and itching is present.
General information on benzoin skin care products chapped skin

The resin from the Styrax Benzoin tree (which belongs to the Stryracaceae family) is also known as gum benzoin, luban jawi (meaning frankincense of Java), Benjamin or Styrax benzoin.

Benzoin essential oil has a sweet, warm and vanilla-like aroma and is golden brown in color, with a treacle-like viscosity. Its main constituents are benzoic acid, benzyl benzoate, benzyl alcohol, vanillin and coniferyl benzoate.

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:34 am

Hmmm. I guess if you only have to apply it once per week after the first week it would probably stretch out pretty far.

I can't recall, how long have you been using it? What are your impressions of the product so far?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:54 pm

Well I've had it for 4+ months. I haven't been using it as consistently as I should..in fact I now am going to do a daily application for a week- so that tells you how much of a slacker I've been with the stuff. That and I'm still on my first bottle :-s

So..by the time this bottle is used up..it'll be Fall..and I can order some more again w/out worrying about the heat.

I can tell the stuff is doing what it's supposed to. I just need to keep with it :!:

John Yossarian
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV

Post by John Yossarian » Wed May 09, 2012 11:03 am

Jacob, are you still using Goldwell Innereffect Regulate Hair Activce Spray? If so, do you think it's help at all? I remember using a Japanese product containing T-flavanone about 10 years, but I don't remember the name of it. Anyway, I remember that I really like it.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed May 09, 2012 4:27 pm

That was chore boy who used that product. I haven't seen him around any of the forums lately..but maybe he'll pop in here for a bit.

John Yossarian
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV

Post by John Yossarian » Sun May 13, 2012 10:22 am

You're right, sorry about that. It looks like a decent product, anyway.