Has anybody tried FNS follicle therapy?

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Tricia
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Has anybody tried FNS follicle therapy?

Post by Tricia » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:19 am

Like everything else on the market, it's supposed to regrow hair but they can't say that because it's not FDA approved for that. You know the routine, blah, blah, blah.........

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:39 pm

I think the concensus is that it doesn't work. The original product was called Piliel and it contained insulin. It's this version that was shown to have caused good results in some people. The insulin was not in the product that was finally marketed and cinnamon was added instead.

Regards,
Sam

Tricia
Prolific Poster

Thanks for the feedback...

Post by Tricia » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:18 am

Yeah, I decided it probably wasn't any good since I contacted the company and they never responded to my questions. Osmotics does clinical studies on their products, but they didn't have any listed for FNS. I asked them if they had ever done clinical studies on FNS (not piliel) and if not, when would they try some. I never heard anything back. That's not a good sign.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:51 pm

I got this from Osmotics a few days ago:

A while ago you were communicating with Osmotics to learn more about FNS follicle nutrient serum and had inquired about future product additions. We now have some exciting new developments to share with you.

As you may know, Osmotics works to continually improve products and deliver the most effective applications featuring clinically proven new technologies. Osmotics proudly continues this tradition with the introduction of FNS NANOTECHNOLOGY. Our revolutionary new product will feature the same base formulation developed in conjunction with Dr. Ella Lindenbaum, however will be encapsulated in a patented ethosomal delivery system. This exciting new nanotechnology delivery system has been clinically proven to increase delivery of the actives up to 700%!

Additionally, this patented Ethosome technology accurately targets the follicles and is more effective than liposomal carriers due to its smaller size and flexible permeation. As a point of comparison, you may think of a liposome as the size of a house while an Ethosome is the size of a baseball. Additionally, by encapsulating the the formulation in the ethosomes, we will be removing the orgasol, which caused a slight drying effect on some people.

We are very excited about these new developments and are thrilled to be completing the final steps towards brining FNS NANOTECHNOLOGY to the public. Look for this exciting product introduction in the Fall of 2004!

And this is a reply from frizz to a post I made(which I'll also post)MHCP is the cinnamon extract:

>They substituted the insulin with the cinnamon extract(which
>has been talked about here)..from what ppl have been saying. I
>think if they could they'd go with the original formula.
>Didn't work because of storage issues or the shelf life or
>something.

if you read the study about MHCP in the link below you will realize that it is more potent than insulin, even at lower concentrations.

http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php ... &mode=full

Tricia
Prolific Poster

Thanks for your post

Post by Tricia » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:39 am

I'll watch for that new product. I still think it's funny that they never answered my email question to them.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:57 am

They used to be more responsive to emails....

If you care to you can post the questions here and I can add them to my list. Or maybe Sam could set up an interview?

Tricia
Prolific Poster

okay here was my question

Post by Tricia » Sun Jul 18, 2004 8:43 am

I noticed on their website that they have conducted clinical studies on their other products, but they didn't list a clinical study for FNS. That made me skeptical to buy it, so I asked my question to them and since I didn't receive a response...I decided not to buy it. Then, Sam posted that the FNS formula isn't the original one.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:38 pm

Jacob,

I'm going to see if I can setup an interview... will keep you all posted.

Regards,
Sam

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:57 pm

Sam...sounds like a great idea. Another one I would find interesting is with Elsom Research. http://www.elsomresearch.com/

Also...Alterna actually has been responding to my emails now. Maybe you could get one from them as well. http://www.4alterna.com They have some new products out.

I'm surprised the other hair loss websites don't do more interviews like this. Well....I suppose their sponsers may have something to do with it...

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:06 am

Thanks for the advice. I'll check them out.

Cheers,
Sam

Tricia
Prolific Poster

okay as long as your setting up interviews

Post by Tricia » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:16 am

I wish you would interview Ben Mundy from Osteoscreen. (http://www.osteoscreen).

They are beginning FDA Phase II study of OSH-101. From their website, this product looks promising. But, so many drugs turn out to be dead-in-the-water.

My question about OSH-101 would be this....minoxidil causes extra body hair growth (i'm a female and have noticed this. it's annoying, but not too bad). I wonder if OSH-101 would do the same thing. If it's a powerful hair stimulant, would it grow hair on your face like crazy. Probably not a bad thing for you guys, not desirable for women :shock:

You can email him from their website. He always emails right back.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:26 pm

my_username,

Good to hear from you! I will definitely check out the information you've provided. (Another item to add to the list!)

Just out of curiousity, what percentage minox solution were you using?

Cheers,
Sam

Tricia
Prolific Poster

minox question

Post by Tricia » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:35 am

I started out just using 2% (night and morning) in June. I switched to Xandrox 5% at night about 5 weeks ago and I'm still using 2% in the morning to use up what I have. I'll most likely switch to 5% for morning and night.

I do have the side effect of some extra facial hair, but it's really nothing to complain about. Waxing works wonders. I'm growing some hair back on my scalp so I can't complain.

No one can tell I'm losing my hair yet, but I only have to look at old photos for confirmation. I used to have tons of hair. I'm trying to hold on to what I have and hope they come up with some really good treatment before I hit my 40's. I guess that's when hair loss becomes more noticeable for most women.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:55 pm

I'm glad you're seeing some results, even if they're somewhat limited. It seems that's the best we can expect at this point.

I think if your hair loss is not extensive, or if it's progressing slowly, then once a day applications of 5% or even 2% are probably enough for you. Did you read the study on FPB and minox that I posted on the site recently?