If you could whip up a liposomal supplement..what would you have it contain?

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

If you could whip up a liposomal supplement..what would you have it contain?

Post by Jacob » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:02 pm

I got to thinking about this after posting elsewhere about the liposomal resveratrol and curcumin etc products available here(and elsewhere..I've learned they are all made by the same company): http://www.healthyitems.com/nanoliposomals-s/41.htm

Why not try to get the Dr./company to make a combination product containing such things as resveratrol..curcumin... tocotrienols...and ? Biotin maybe?(that's for Hangininthere)

Any other suggestions? Remember..this would be a supplement- INTERNAL product.

TheFunkyStumpfighter
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral 2%
200 diode laser helmet mon/wed/fri
Clay mon/wed/fri
5 weeks AGHC (finished 2nd week July 09)

Re: If you could whip up a liposomal supplement..what would you have it contain?

Post by TheFunkyStumpfighter » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:23 pm

i hear good things about ecklonia cava, maybe throw some of that in there? if that doesnt work, maybe another powerful antioxidant.

im really mulling over whether or not to try a combination of that swanson seanol product and their meriva tumeric extract...
I currently use Propecia and i have a Laser comb, what do you guys suggest to use as a good daily shampoo? This HairGen is not going to grow hair cmon guys. Is Nioxin the best out there?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: If you could whip up a liposomal supplement..what would you have it contain?

Post by Jacob » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:28 pm

SOD..maybe even glutathione and catalase......Applephenon or some other apple poly ingredient.

Obviously the more that gets added the higher the cost..but for now we're just dreaming anyway :-k

The Natural
Occasional Poster

Post by The Natural » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:39 am

Jacob, yours is an EXCELLENT idea. One that I would invest in myself. I have been at this, trying natural supplements of all sorts, for over ten years, and curcumin/resveratrol/tocotrienols is the best regimen I have ever used. And not just for hair either (e.g. joints, energy) The only problem that I have is (or had was, rather) that I developed chronic constipation. My recent addition of MSM was primarily for thickening of hair that had regrown, but remained thin. I was pleasantly surprised to notice that it returned my stools to normal as well.
The Natural Internal Regimen:

curcumin
resveratrol
vitamin D (3)
vitamin E (tocotrienols)
vitamin C
magnesium citrate
MSM

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:59 pm

Well I hope more ppl show interest in it..because I'll probably give them a link to this and any other threads that may be posted elsewhere on this topic. Maybe it'd be best just to push for those "top 3"...but some xtra goodies would be nice.

It may also be a good idea to post dosages(although with liposomes less may be needed) for each ingredient...studies..etc.

And my guess is having the label say nothing about hair would be a good idea. Not just because of patent issues..but I don't know how many of you want a bottle of Hair 'osomes sitting in your fridge :oops:

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:42 pm

I would definitely be interested in a combo product if it was reasonably priced. Liposomal supplements is starting to catch on and for certain things it is necessary otherwise the bio-availability is poor. You may want to add something like Quercetin if you are doing Resv/Curc. I believe it acts synergistically with Resv and would be a cheap addition. Matter of fact you probably could take a cheap quercetin supp on the side instead of getting is liposomal so forget I said anything :D

But for stuff like glutathione, resv, and curc, liposomal would be nice.

nidhogge
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: - Laser Helmet 3x a week, 20 minutes per session
- Magnesium Oil applied to scalp in the shower and massaged in well, left on for duration of shower
- HGF (Hair Growth Factors) custom formulation from Caregen once or twice a day
- A&G Complex (2 vials left)
- Primordial Performance HairGen Trial topical (coming soon)
- ImmortalHair.org regimen coupled with 112Degrees.com's product for hormonal balance

Post by nidhogge » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:50 pm

I'd have it contain everything in HairGen. ;)

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:11 pm

As a supplement?

And btw..welcome(back?)..finally :-s

nidhogge
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: - Laser Helmet 3x a week, 20 minutes per session
- Magnesium Oil applied to scalp in the shower and massaged in well, left on for duration of shower
- HGF (Hair Growth Factors) custom formulation from Caregen once or twice a day
- A&G Complex (2 vials left)
- Primordial Performance HairGen Trial topical (coming soon)
- ImmortalHair.org regimen coupled with 112Degrees.com's product for hormonal balance

Post by nidhogge » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:27 am

Haha, ya, I just noticed the supplement part at the top... ;)

Well, I figure HLF is the new place where all the cool kids play, so let's have at it!

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:31 am

I like everything you have suggested Jacob... those 3 + a multivitamin w/ saw palmetto are all the vitamins I take right now. Are there are posted studies about the concentrations of Res in the blood from liposomal vs standard? I know standard has very low bioavailability (though I still take it).

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:28 am

Is this still hypothetical or is someone really trying to get this done?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:52 am

Perga..I haven't really looked into it..kind of been on a Vit E hunt lately. I'll ask that company if they have anything like that though...before delving into it myself.

hapyman..I'm really trying to get this done. As I said at Hairsite..I'm not going to make any money off of it..no one here or elsewhere is. I'm just trying to get the company to combine some of these ingredients in a product for us- they can make the money off of it..we can enjoy(probably not talking about the taste here :lol: ) the product..the convenience and hopefully the benefits the encapsulation provides.

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:24 am

Very cool. It would be interesting to see how they price something like that. A bio-available form of glutathione would be cool and all but if it was priced out of range there are alternative ways to increase glutathione without actually taking glutathione.

What's your beef with Toco-8? I'm pretty sure it is one of the best Vitamin E supps on the market. And with the discount nidd got us I think it is going to be worth a shot no?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:43 pm

See the Vitamin E thread. After researching I've learned some things...such as the tocotrienols should be taken separately from the tocopherols(so if this company does make something..it had better just contain the tocotrienols..or just a smidgen of tocopherols if that's the best they can do)- well actually that's my biggest beef with Toco-8 or any combo E product. Not that the combo's won't help..but if there's evidence to suggest they should be taken separately, that's what I'm gonna do! Also, Toco-8 and the product by Beyond a Century are in powder form...I'm not sure that's a good idea. But again..see that other thread.

hapyman
Prolific Poster

Post by hapyman » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:02 pm

Thanks I'll check it out. I must've overlooked that thread.

Anxious1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by Anxious1 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:26 pm

does liposomes just allow anything to enter the cells?, i mean, theres probably some biochemical mechanism, where an organelle is checking whats inside the liposomes before they enter, or maybe while they r entering. probably there is only a certain set of chemcials allowed in, just like only sodium and potassium and calcium are allowed in their respective gates.

i think youd have to only use endogenous chemicals, and not exogenous. just my opinion though

nix
Regular Poster

Post by nix » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:15 pm

no I don't think there is a controlling mechanism. the transfer into the cell is via endocytosis so there are no membrane associated proteins watching this process.