New posters experiencing new hair regrowth using AGHC

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

New posters experiencing new hair regrowth using AGHC

Post by hairikrishna » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:57 am

For all those new forum posters afraid to post out of fear for being single handedly accused of being a fraud, shill, imposter, implant, etc... etc... This thread will be your new home to leave your comments and feedback regarding A&G Hair Complex. No doubt that HC is the latest introduction into the myriad of hair products that claim to regrow lost hair. It is my hope that through this thread we can gain a better understanding from eachother in a positive environment that is free from negativity.

I am a new poster as of June 24th. It has been less than 24 hours since my very first posting. Apparently I haven't passed muster yet in respect to veteran posters here so this thread was formed as a result. I first became aware of AGHC from regrowth.com thanks to Jacob. It has been well over 2 months and 2 weeks since using AGHC. I am responding favorably and thought I would share this with others who might be interested. I will be posting pics shortly in this thread. Namaste

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Re: New posters experiencing new hair regrowth using AGHC

Post by hairikrishna » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:46 am

IMG_2526.jpg
This was by far the most graphic example of the type of pimple I got shortly after I finished applying all 5 vials of AGHC. I continue to get pimple like pustules but nothing as severe as the one pictured. Right temple recession pictured
IMG_2526.jpg (188.02 KiB) Viewed 5413 times

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:54 am

If you have been following my other posts I gave mention to inheriting pimples across my scalp in random locations throughout but mainly along the hairline and above my ears. As I already stated, the pimple picture is by far the most graphic and juicy one I've probably had. I may have had another one or two like this in areas I could not see myself around the back of my head. If anyone should be curious, I didn't try to pop or drain the fluid but left it alone to heal all by itself. The hair you are seeing in the outline is of my right temple where there is recession taking hold. Although there has been growth on both temples going 10 weeks in it hasn't filled in completely with the rest of the hairline as of yet. I suspect this will happen perhaps by Christmas if I'm lucky. I continue to take photos every month in the same lighting conditions to chart my progress. Like I said, I am already regrowing hair in the temple region which you can make out several patches of smaller vellus hairs growing in. I will use this 1st photo posted here as my baseline pic and will continue to post a new pic every month going forward. I will take a new pic using the same lighting, camera angle and temple area.

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:39 am

So HLF folks, I'm already well into my 11th week and I just got a Skin Medica Vitalize chemical peel the other day. I instructed the registered nurse applying the peel to use more retinoic acid along w/ the controlled chemical peel solution around my temple area so that I get more exfoliation in that specific area. I am closely scrutinizing this area as this is the most visible area that I can view on a daily basis for new hair regrowth. I already see regrowth happening there so I opted to have a chemical peel done on my entire face with emphasis on the temple region so that the top layer will slough off the dead skin cells so that any regrowth taking place can do so without struggling to break through quicker. I hypothesized that the vellus hairs that I see in the temple area will be stimulated to grow into terminal hairs faster with the assist of a chemical peel. The chemical peel was done also to address the acne like bumps I've inherited since applying HC along the hairline. Hopefully, if there are any tiny hairs trapped underneath and embedded in these pimple like pustules, the peel will serve to set them free. I'll be keeping you guys posted as I will be having monthly professionally administered chemical peels done to my face and temple area. I hope to someday be confident enough to shave my scalp down so that I can have the nurse apply a peel to my entire scalp.

http://www.skinmedica.com/skin-care-pro ... alize-peel

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:03 am

ok guys and girls, I'm back here with an update. An unusual thing to mention here but last evening after washing my face I noticed this single hair I mentioned before in an earlier post & in a different thread. I plucked the hair because it is or was growing in the middle of my forehead and centered about a half inch above my right eyebrow. The hair is unpigmented. The first time I saw it I thought it highly unusual so I plucked it. It was close to about an inch in length. Well that was a few weeks ago. Last night I found another unpigmented hair in the same area about a half inch in size. I plucked it once more. I realize that humans can grow hair essentially whereever there are pores to be found but this is crazy. I've seen guys grow hair from the pores on the top of their noses and I hope I don't but when I was applying the HC, some of the liquid did run down my forehead and in the general area where the hair I've been plucking is located. I know this sounds strange and I wouldn't believe it myself if it wasn't happening to me but it is. I didn't think the hair would come back but it did. I'm just thankful the hair is not pigmented. It would be strange to have a new hairline come in about a half inch from my eyebrows. Can you imagine? I guess if it does then there will always be a job waiting for me in the circus.

p__
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by p__ » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:42 pm

I realize this thread is for new posters, and I'm not really a new poster, but since you posed some general questions I thought I'd chime in! If you think I'm not "new enough" for this thread, just let me know and I'll delete the post.
hairikrishna wrote:I realize that humans can grow hair essentially whereever there are pores to be found
I don't think pores have anything to do with it. AFAIK pores are for sweating etc, not hair growth. We do have small unpigmented hairs over our entire body, except a few places like the palms of our hands. They are called vellus hairs. These hair come from follcles without sebaceous glands. Terminal hairs on the scalp which have miniaturized to the extent that they seem unpigmented and look like vellus hair are often (incorrectly) informally referred to as vellus hairs too, at least in hair loss forums, even though they still have sebacueous glands.
hairikrishna wrote:I've seen guys grow hair from the pores on the top of their noses
If you are referring to the photos of a cancer patient who grew a lot of hair on her nose (I think it was a woman actually even though one couldn't tell from the photos), those were terminal hairs growing from newly formed follicles (or so it is theorized ). They form as a result of stem cell differentiation during wound healing. In the said case it was a sunburn in conjunction with some of the cancer medications that cuased it. This process, called follicle neogenesis or EDIHN, is what Follica are trying to duplicate and turn into a viable treatment.
hairikrishna wrote: and I hope I don't but when I was applying the HC, some of the liquid did run down my forehead and in the general area where the hair I've been plucking is located. I know this sounds strange and I wouldn't believe it myself if it wasn't happening to me but it is. I didn't think the hair would come back but it did. I'm just thankful the hair is not pigmented. It would be strange to have a new hairline come in about a half inch from my eyebrows.
According to Dr AQ, the AGHC does not have the ability to turn (true) vellus hairs into terminal hairs. I.e. it will not grow sebaceous glands. So you should be safe...
hairikrishna wrote:(the hair) was growing in the middle of my forehead and centered about a half inch above my right eyebrow ... It was close to about an inch in length ... I found another unpigmented hair in the same area about a half inch in size.
How on earth did you manage to miss a hair that long in the middle of your forehead for that long??? Hair grows about half an inch per month, so it must have been there for about two months already! Even if it was growing at double speed and given that it wouldn't seem unusual the first few millimeters, it must still have been abnormally long for weeks!
Last edited by p__ on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:45 pm

p__ I don't mind at all that you post here. I was not in fact referring to the man you mentioned that has cancer and is growing hair on his nose. In fact, I don't even know who you are speaking about. I have seen several older gentlemen in person growing hair on their noses. This isn't usual of course so I thought I'd mention it but it isn't that unusual either for older men and perhaps some women to indeed grow hair on their noses. Especially if I've already seen it with my own eyes on more than one person in my lifetime. In fact when I google "hair on nose" it seems there are several people afflicted with this condition in several forums. If I started growing hair on my nose and just to clear the air not in the nose, I would for sure get that thing lasered off my face pronto.

I know what Dr. AQ said about not turning vellus hairs into terminal but I'm having a difficult time trying to find reason with his response. There just hasn't been enough studies done with HC to disprove it doesn't. Am I worried about the hair in the middle of my forehead, not really! Do I think HC may have had something to do with it - sure, I can't rule out that possibility.

As for how I missed the hair growing out of the middle of my forehead, well all I can say is that I'm an excellent groomer and for me to miss something like this is completely unusual. The hair itself was very fine and unpigmented. It did have a bulb and grew out of a pore because the hair itself did provide a bit of a struggle when I yanked on it. The only way I could have missed it was for it to have blended in and had been matted to my skin I suppose. The only other idea I could imagine was that it actually grew out at that length when I discovered it in my sleep? I really can't say. To me it's freaky and mutant. I once again have to say that I wouldn't have believed it myself if it didn't happen to me. It's like seeing an alien or flying saucers I guess. You have to have experienced it yourself!