Elsom Topicals Alternatives?

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

perga
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Elsom Topicals Alternatives?

Post by perga » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:46 pm

I would LOVE to buy the Elsom scalp care package, but it is too expensive. Are there companies that produce a similar (perhaps simpler) product line?

Or if you had to choose 2-3 Elsom products, which would they be and why? I really wish the Elsom website was more descriptive and actually told you what the hell the topicals were supposed to do.

perga
Prolific Poster

Re: Elsom Topicals Alternatives?

Post by perga » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:48 pm

Or even better, maybe Jacob/Sam could convince Elsom to give a sizable discount on the scalp package for first time buyers. I would get it if we could get a $100-125 discount, and if I get good results, I'll be a customer until this %&$! is cured.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:44 pm

According to their site, you do save $100 over buying things separately. I wouldn't be surprised if they lasted much more than 6 months, but yeah..it's still expensive up front like that. I'll ask about a discount, but don't hold your breath.

On other companies making similar products, my guess is you'd have to just search around for different products from different companies that contain most of the same ingredients. I doubt there's going to be any one company that would have all or even most of them. And of course, they'll probably have alcohol and/or pg in them.

If I were just starting out with them, I guess I'd go for their 2 new products, since they are new. Their Terminal 1 & 2. I'd have a harder time picking a third..but probably would be NanoScalp or ScalpXtreme. Or NanoFibrin..if sticking with Terminal 1&2 for awhile. Or a custom topical. I'm lot's of help...ain't I? :lol:

There are some better descriptions on some of the products/ingredients in their forum.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:03 pm

Hey Jacob,

I didn't even realize they had a forum. I gotta say, I am impressed with Dr Yechiel, he really knows his %&$!. He also has pretty beastly hair; at least, in this picture....

When you ask about a discount, also ask if they are considering making a NEW scalp care package to include their newest products! And if so, tell them to hurry up, hahah.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:27 pm

Yeah..he does know his %&$!...as you say :lol:

And I hope I don't get in trouble here..but his picture was taken off the "Experts" section here supposedly because he's not a "hair loss expert". Guess who had complained? :-s I say it was all due to jealousy :lol:

I'll ask about the new products being in a package...have yet to send that email.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:18 am

Hey Jacob,

I ended up emailing elsom some questions myself, I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor.

I have a question for you though, I believe you said you tried Terminal 1 right? How does applying it go? Is it greasy or does it leave any residue?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:01 pm

I did get a response on the discount...it doesn't sound like there will be any further discount at this time. I'm sure he'll explain it to you like he did to me. I don't see where he commented on adding the new products to the package though..he must have forgotten that part.

Just received Terminal 1 today. Will start it either tonight or tomorrow night. The directions say to apply it to wet hair..leave it in for a few minutes..then rinse. Then repeat. So it sounds like you don't have to worry about it being greasy or leaving any residue. I wonder if it'd be ok to apply another topical after that...but I think I'll skip that idea for now.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:25 am

Well, my brother (who has never done anything to treat hair loss except take saw palmetto pills for 2 weeks and stop), bought Terminal 1, so we will have some direct evidence of how effective it is in the next few months

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:24 pm

I'm waiting to hear back from Dr. Y..but I think the directions on the bottle are those of the new shampoo. Because it's the exact same wording as the shampoo :!:

The stuff gave me a major "flushing" for 5 or so minutes after applying. Actually felt like pin pricks here and there. I ended up leaving it on overnight.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:36 pm

I'm still waiting to hear back as well. If you find out the directions sent out are not accurate please let me know ASAP, I don't want my bro wasting any of his stuff.

I'm excited to start this stuff myself though, hopefully the nano-encapsulation will finally give me a bit of regrowth.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:26 pm

The directions are for the shampoo..so ignore them.

This particular product is not nano-encapsulated, from what I can see. You'll notice those that are are much more expensive. Other tech is used though...which can be seen here( if you haven't already):

http://elsomresearch.com/businesses/nanotechnology.htm

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:21 pm

Well, after weeks of debating if I should get Elsom, I have finally bitten the bullet...

I'll be alternating their shampoo with nioxin, and using juveline, nanoscalp, and scalpxtreme... I really hope this works..

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:34 pm

Any particular reason why you didn't go with the Terminal products?

I'm feeling that "flushing" less and less each time I use it. My scalp must be getting used to it or something.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:37 am

I spoke with Dr. Yechiel and he said since I am on Finasteride, I may want to consider products other than Terminal 1&2, and those are the ones he suggested.

I may get the Terminal 1&2 after these 3 run out, and do those, then switch back etc. We shall see.

hopeful19
Regular Poster

Post by hopeful19 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:20 pm

Any updates on progress?

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:09 am

Jacob wrote:I did get a response on the discount...it doesn't sound like there will be any further discount at this time. I'm sure he'll explain it to you like he did to me. I don't see where he commented on adding the new products to the package though..he must have forgotten that part.

Just received Terminal 1 today. Will start it either tonight or tomorrow night. The directions say to apply it to wet hair..leave it in for a few minutes..then rinse. Then repeat. So it sounds like you don't have to worry about it being greasy or leaving any residue. I wonder if it'd be ok to apply another topical after that...but I think I'll skip that idea for now.

Jacob

Are you saying that you dont leave the Terminal 1 topical on your scalp? you rinse it off after a few mins and then repeat?

Regards
Pete

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:42 am

@hopeful

Nothing I would call significant YET, but it is only around 1.5 months of treatment thus far. I'm hoping by month 4 I will really start to see some benefit, and by month 6 to be choking on my glorious hair hahahah. I'll keep you all updated.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:02 pm

Pete..after that I said
The directions are for the shampoo..so ignore them.
I leave the products on overnight.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:03 am

perga wrote:I spoke with Dr. Yechiel and he said since I am on Finasteride, I may want to consider products other than Terminal 1&2, and those are the ones he suggested.

I may get the Terminal 1&2 after these 3 run out, and do those, then switch back etc. We shall see.

Jacob/Perga

I wonder why Dr Y didnt suggest Terminal 1 & 2?

Im guessing as your using a 5ar inhibitor, he thinks you dont need a potent topical such as terminal 1 & 2...

Regards
Pete

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:46 pm

Well, I hope that's not what he was thinking... cause even with all the %&$! I do, I'm still a trainwreck.

Have any of you guys seen better results with Terminal 1 & 2 than you have with other Elsom stuff? I do seem to be getting results with what I have been using, but I could probably replace super zix with Terminal 1 & 2... ugh, I hate this...

I'll give it 4 more months and assess the situation.

Pete2
Prolific Poster

Post by Pete2 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:09 pm

perga wrote:Well, I hope that's not what he was thinking... cause even with all the %&$! I do, I'm still a trainwreck.

Have any of you guys seen better results with Terminal 1 & 2 than you have with other Elsom stuff? I do seem to be getting results with what I have been using, but I could probably replace super zix with Terminal 1 & 2... ugh, I hate this...

I'll give it 4 more months and assess the situation.

It would be interesting to find out what the reason was,..

Regards
Pete

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:40 am

I would just ask him :-s