In case you're wondering where I've been...

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

In case you're wondering where I've been...

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:29 pm

Hi everyone,

At the start of the month, I went on vacation to L.A. for a week. When I returned, I came down with the worst flu, complicated by a bronchial infection that left me hospitalized for two weeks. I have just returned home, but am still recovering. I look forward to getting back into things here. My apologies for being away for so long.

Sam

kamui
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: In case you're wondering where I've been...

Post by kamui » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:58 pm

Wow, I thought you were just becoming bored of your forum lol...

Sounds like you had a TUFF battle, but you'll be better soon... :D

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily

Post by dreamlandman » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:47 am

Hope you're fit and healthy again soon, Sam.
A nasty flu and related infections can certainly knock you around!

Best wishes mate,

Justin.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:14 am

Welcome back..get better..and check your PM's 8)

Swoosh
Regular Poster

Post by Swoosh » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:16 pm

That sounds brutal. Hope you are feeling better man.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:30 pm

Where is he now? He should be on VH1

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:46 am

The air quality in LA is one of the worst in the nation and I can certainly attest to this. I went to LA for a 2 week visit earlier this spring and I can tell you that myself and a travel companion suffered the same health setbacks as Sam experienced. I'm generally a healthy person, but I was not prepared for the respiratory assault from all the particulates floating in the toxic soupy mix that dirties the air. If only LA got more rain then perhaps this would help clean and filter the air a bit. Personally, I could not see myself living there for any extended period of time. I feel that as the quality of life continues to worsen in LA, state officials will have no other choice but to force the auto industry and drivers to go completely electric in time. I hope Obama regulates the trucking and busing (Greyhound) industry in the nation to either go on a strict fuel diet by only consuming biofuels or to go completely electric when possible. Hopefully, I believe this time is coming sooner than later as technology catches up to growing demand. It couldn't come faster in my opinion as this is possibly the worst thing you can do to your body by living and breathing dirty air. To me there is no distinction between breathing dirty air and or drinking putrid contaminated water. If you breath it you are drinking it. More and more people continue to move there than people exiting the state which just adds to the horrible traffic and smog pollution. If Southern CA was ever a paradise it certainly isn't anymore. The only respite I got was taking a drive along the PCH in my rented Prius. Los Angeles county is the poster child for long standing slack environmental standards when it comes to corporations doing business there, even with the most progressive fuel emissions controls in the country. It's a tough balancing act for state officials trying to wrap their heads around a $24 Billion dollar budget deficit. In one hand they are trying to keep and attract businesses from leaving for greener pastures so they can collect more state taxes. This idea isn't sustainable as anyone can tell you in the long run without the proper controls in place. LA will always be the premiere west coast cultural, entertainment, and industry epicenter that draws people from all over the world to live, work, and play there but in my case I would never trade my health to live in that toxic brew. My lungs are far too important and if I have any control over my body, I'd like to remain free of cancer and heart disease for as long as I can. Breathing soot from car exhaust and other contaminants in the air is on the same level as smoking in my mind.

Don't think it's that bad in LA, read this article written today for sciencedaily.com about the light absorption properties from air pollutants.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 200808.htm

Living in a polluted city or environment? Check out the recent article posted on livescience.com about smog and the effects being studied on human skin

http://www.livescience.com/health/090625-smog-skin.html