Known posters using A&G

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Known posters using A&G

Post by Jacob » Sun May 17, 2009 8:16 am

If you had a history of posting in any of the hair loss forums prior to A&G even being discussed in such forums , please take a minute to post here and say where you posted at and as who(if you want to pm me the info, that's fine too) If you want, you can even leave some feedback as to how A&G is working for you.

Thanks 8)

Irishpete
Regular Poster

Re: Known posters using A&G

Post by Irishpete » Sun May 17, 2009 8:40 am

Jacob wrote:If you had a history of posting in any of the hair loss forums prior to A&G even being discussed in such forums , please take a minute to post here and say where you posted at and as who(if you want to pm me the info, that's fine too) If you want, you can even leave some feedback as to how A&G is working for you.

Thanks 8)

Sure Jacob. I just posted on hairlosshelp.com with the same profile Irishpete.

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Sun May 17, 2009 9:22 am

i post at regrowth as 517..btw i've documented my experience thus far in the original thread, the results thread, a regrowth thread and i think the q&a thread here

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sun May 17, 2009 9:44 am

perga @ regrowth

helpmyhair
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by helpmyhair » Sun May 17, 2009 9:47 am

helpmyhair over @ HLT.. I just posted in the A&G forum about starting today.

Joanne
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)

Post by Joanne » Sun May 17, 2009 10:54 am

I've been posting as Joanne here and at Regrowth, before that as worriedwoman at HLH for a few years.

As for the A&G HC, I bought it and it's on the shelf for another week or so. Had a family member in the hospital for the last 3-4 weeks and haven't been able to laser on my usual schedule. So in the meantime, I decided to do a 4 week treatment of aminexil. It might be a good prep for the HC because it's supposed to help reverse fibrosis and maybe that will aid in absorption/effectiveness. Who knows, but it couldn't hurt and at least I feel like I'm doing something until can get back on my regular schedule.

Plus, I still need to take pics to show my laser progress. It's not earthshattering...but my hair getting better (not worse like it has been for the last 4 years) and there is a lot of new, short regrowth. I want to take those pics before I start the HC, but the past weeks have been pretty busy and a lot of stuff is on the back burner for the moment.

I'm checking the boards when I can to keep up on how it's going for other HC users. IMO, it might be a little too early to start calling BS on Dr A and the product. In spite of his claims of results in 4-6 weeks, I think 2-3 months is a more fair time frame to judge. (But the photo issue has become unacceptable...I agree with everyone on that point.)

I'm also curious about the different ways people are using it. Could be wrong...but the idea of trying to get 2-4 applications per vial may not helping. When I do start using this next week, I will stick to the (supposedly successful) protocol they suggested and use one whole vial for each of the 5 treatments (with laser). I'd be curious to hear how many HC users have done it that way.

By the way, I will be reordering my 3rd bottle of their skin serum soon. Regardless of how the HC works, the skin serum is amazing. I wonder if Nidhogge can get me a 10% discount on that :wink: It's becoming my most expensive habit.

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily

Post by dreamlandman » Sun May 17, 2009 4:35 pm

'JustinM71' @ hairlosstalk.com and 'Joe' @ hair-restoration-info.com (NOT Jotronic lol)

Hoping the A&G will work for me...probably too early to tell in spite of some vellus hairs getting longer in places. Fingers crossed.

Justin.

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by Ryand2 » Sun May 17, 2009 7:27 pm

Ive said it before, i've had an account at hairlosstalk since 2005, i've posted since 2005.

As far as results... you know, i'm really not sure. I've got hundreds of tiny hairs coming up at my hairline, and the further we get away from the time I applied it, more tiny hairs pop up. I was just led to believe that there would be AMAZING results within the first 8 weeks, but what I should have understood was that new hairs begin to pop up within that time frame, and, to that end, it is doing something. I also believe that my hair has thickened up since i've applied it. Lets see... I guess I was done applying around April 14th, So to this point I'm very anxious and optimistic to see where this path leads.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Sun May 17, 2009 8:29 pm

ljc08 at regrowth. Been posting since December maybe? Sorry, but I didn't realize I had a hairloss problem before that.

Everyone here knows my story. Seem to have had a bad reaction to the pg in the HC and I think that will likely preclude any stunning results. Scalp is just settling down now. I do agree that 2-3 months are necessary to judge this stuff though so maybe I will see something in the coming weeks yet. Can't wait to try the pg free patch the doc is working on.

fwiw...I personally like Dr. AQ, believe he is sincere, and I do believe a number of us are going to see results with this product. Quite frankly, 40% regrowth would be amazing but I would settle for the current status quo and an end to my hair loss problem. That alone would be worth $200/year for me.

I admit to being curious about photos but ultimately don't care whether or not they make it to the site. I already made my decision to use it and whether or not photos appear isn't going to change my outcome. imo I think everyone is getting a little too bent about the lack of photos. It actually hurts A&G more than any of us. I say lets all chill and relax, hope for the best and try to get along. Some of the subplots on the other thread in the last few weeks (and over at regrowth) really aren't necessary to air on the forum are they?

peace and love everybody.

huli

helpmyhair
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by helpmyhair » Sun May 17, 2009 8:38 pm

well said huli.. well said.

Even though you had a reaction, you still got in around 4 or so treatments if i remember correctly.. are you seeing any results thus far?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun May 17, 2009 8:48 pm

hulihoop..they wouldn't have had to been "aired" had A&G just done what they said they were going to do by the LAUNCH DATE(I *do* have a good memory! :lol: ..and it's about more than the photos ). I agree it hurts them more than it hurts us..but then again no one ever says that about a company that *would* be considered a scammer or whatever. And no..I'm not calling them that.

Baccy
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: Lithium/caffeine once daily, roxithromycin once daily, rogaine foam twice daily

Post by Baccy » Tue May 19, 2009 8:57 am

I post in a few forums under the same name. Completed A&G in mid to late April. No results really to speak of but possibly some more useless vellus. I suppose things could happen yet though but I'm very sceptical. I've started using HGF from Nidhogge over on Regrowth so should results occur, I wouldn't really know which product is responsible.

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Tue May 19, 2009 9:28 am

baccy what is the link to the HGF you are using?

Jajo
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV

Post by Jajo » Tue May 19, 2009 8:01 pm

Ditto that baccy!

Jajo

Baccy
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: Lithium/caffeine once daily, roxithromycin once daily, rogaine foam twice daily

Post by Baccy » Wed May 20, 2009 8:28 am

1..... wrote:baccy what is the link to the HGF you are using?
I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link to another forum on here. If you look on Regrowth forums, you'll find the topics about HGF. It's from a company called Caragen in Korea and a well known poster named Nidhogge did a bulk buy on behalf of the forum.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Wed May 20, 2009 8:58 am

Baccy wrote:I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link to another forum on here. If you look on Regrowth forums, you'll find the topics about HGF. It's from a company called Caragen in Korea and a well known poster named Nidhogge did a bulk buy on behalf of the forum.
In this case it's not a problem. It's okay to post links in the context of a conversation when the intent is clearly not to move an entire thread to a new location.

Sam

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Fri May 22, 2009 8:20 am

I have used A&G hair complex.

I also post at HLT as kamui since 2004.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:24 pm

:-s

nix
Regular Poster

Post by nix » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:04 am

I am from hairsite. I have been there many years.
Started on 05.04.09 and did 5 applications on my whole scalp and 4 more on my hairline.so tomorrof It is the beginning of week 6.

treatment before: sophora (contra ar-II and pro IGF-I) and an oil which is supposed to inhibit tgf-ß, forgot the name and am too lazy to look for it. stopped it 1-2 weeks before and I am still not using it.

fallout: I didn't watch my hairs falling out so I can't give you a number but I am sure I have not gotten a shedding.

thickness: I had the impression that my hair was a little fuller (it was easier to cover my forehead with hair) but wasn't sure because I shampooned my hair more intensively than usual so the increase in thickness could be a result of that. I did that because I wanted to make sure that my scalp is clean before application.
Then I had a haircut and right after it was harder to cover my forehead with hair. the barber made my hair too short and too thin (oh was I #$%! angry). Now I have to wait till it grows out.

regrowth (noticed in week 4): a few new terminal and some new vellous below my NW0 hairline ( so it's actually in the -nw area). vellous grow longer and get more pigmended. but it's all cosmetically non-visible. I think I am also getting new hair between existing hair in my hairline but I am not sure if these are old or new ones. I can't say that my hairline is thicker, it might be, but it is not that obvious.

One thing I am quite sure is that my crown has gotten fuller.

I am thinking about a second round for hairline and crown only twice a week for as long as it lasts but unfortunately $200 is a lot of money to spend so often so I am not sure if I will do it.

nate
Seasoned Poster

Post by nate » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:01 am

I started back in mid april

I think i was getting results while i was on treatment, i lasered with it, and i got about 13-14 treatments on it, while on treatment i had a serious stop in shedding, increase in thickness and i really felt like my hairline was moving down. at this point, i was also reducing my dutasteride dosage to once every other day either orally or topically. Once I cut it down even further i started noticing serious recession soon.

I think the stuff was interesting, had some definite results at the time, but now that i have stopped several weeks ago, everything is receding, all of the gains are being lost and serious recession is happening. I once again feel that this would work infinitely better as a daily topical

i post as j3nate at regrowth, hlh and hlt

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:29 pm

Is this the known users thread jacob?
I`m a dutch member of www.haarweb.nl and i am active there since 8 months ore something.
I use the same nickname there.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:55 am

Yep..it is.

If you ain't Dutch you ain't much..right? \:D/