Q&A for Dr. AQ of A&G- Hair Complex

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Re: Q&A for Dr. AQ of A&G

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:42 am

p__ wrote:
Dr.AQ wrote:Before going for the second round, i suggest you wait and see your progress. You need to give your scalp and follicles sometime to recover.
Dr.AQ wrote:If you must use 2 treatments, then link them together, this will give you more stimulation.
:? :-s :-k
The HC is designed as a one treatment and was tested as such. We brought it to the market on this basis. It's a new product and we maybe right or wrong, we shall see. The 2 quotes above are taken out of context. I know you mean well but I think you are spending a little too much time in 'regrowth' and all the conspiracies about me have made you a little jumpy :D that's ok, I still think you are cool.. 8)

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:41 am

goten574 wrote:
intricate1 wrote:
Swimmy wrote:They don't contradict. Hes making a suggestion to buy two batches. Thats 10 vials. So you use them consecutively. One for every other day until you are out.

However, if you are weeks in after you took the first batch then wait a few months before starting the 2nd round.

No contradiction. But it could have been more easily clarified.

Edit: He said if you MUST use two treatments....on top of that.
Thanks swimmy that was what I wanted to clarify too. I just dont see why people are always on the doc's back for no reason. By the way how are your results so far any shed or tingle?
I hope you aren't suggesting that I'm always on the docs back because I'm not. I read the two sentences as contradiction and was agreeing with P___. Now Swimmy has explained, I understand now. Although I'm not on the docs back, I am not very happy with his claims, he simply has nothing to back them up with. There is no evidence here or on their website that Hair Complex works anywhere near as good as what was said in March. Back to Q&A now...
You are entitled of your opinion on the HC or even on me, that is why we are here. I still believe that the HC is the best product in the market for ' hair and scalp', many of you just keep ignoring the fact that this product is not a drug and we can not advertise it or treat it as such. The day A&G start showing pictures and graphs with detailed explanations of how the HC can battle hair loss, we will be pulled out before we know it. There are people here who've seen great results and continue to improve, and some have not seen results. This is expected with all type of treatments not just the HC. The people in this forum do not make the majority of the people using the HC. If A&G sell depends on the people here, believe me A&G will be out of business. We are getting very positive response from many people and the HC continue to sell in good volumes.
I received an interesting email from a user of the HC and a member at 'regrowth'. She started by saying thank you and how much the HC have helped her . After the thank you she wanted to leave me with an advise to not take the forums seriously. She said that forums are where conspiracies and secret societies exists. People who had no impact on their world will come to forums to fill that void. She said that she was so excited about her results and wanted to share it with the people in the forum and after reading some of the posts, she changed her mind " I was worried Jacob and his gang will hunt me down and pull my hair out..." (sorry Jacob, I know you are a good guy, i mentioned that to her). She went into details of how some of the members have made it their goal to attack me personally and won't stop until they see me vanished. She had PMs exchanges with some of the members and she was asked to join the crusade on me. The email was long and detailed and if you are reading, THANK YOU and Jacob is a nice guy, he is why this whole thing started ! Sometimes we get emails saying Dear Dr. Jacob. He gets many thank you emails. I took a glance at 'regrowth' after I read her email and i was speechless, I had to call my mother to feel safe again.. Sam and Jacob thank you for making this forum Dr.AQ friendly :D
Sorry for the long post..

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:47 am

p__ wrote:
Swimmy wrote:They don't contradict. Hes making a suggestion to buy two batches. Thats 10 vials. So you use them consecutively. One for every other day until you are out.
However, if you are weeks in after you took the first batch then wait a few months before starting the 2nd round.
I still think it seems contradictory. Why would waiting 8 weeks between batches be better than, say 4 weeks, when 0 weeks is best according to the first statement? (Swimmy, please don't answer here, PM me or do it in another thread if you want to answer). I would be grateful for a clarification from Dr AQ!
intricate1 wrote:I just dont see why people are always on the doc's back for no reason.
We are asking questions because this is a Q & A thread directed at Dr AQ and because he is selling an expensive product with some remarkable claims. Asking questions is not being on someone's back as long as the questions are respectful and non-accusatory, which they have been for the most part.

Guys, as much as I appreciate your input, this is a Q&A thread. Please let the doc answer for himself and take the discussion and opinions to another thread! The point of this thread is to be able to easily see what the doc himself officially has answered to a bunch of questions and to be able to ask him questions directly without getting lost in debates or other peoples thoughts! Don't get me wrong, I am certainly not the forum police and you have every right to express your opinion and discuss matters freely. But I kindly request you do it in the other thread, start a new thread or use the PM feature. At some point, I think someone is meant to compile the answers from this thread into a separate page. Please don't make his job harder! And think of all the people searching for info straight from Dr AQ in this thread!

Dr AQ, do you think you could give a more detailed answer to the growth factor question, if you have the time? Just in general terms, not necessarily in relation to the AGHC. The last answer was a little brief and rather simplified if you don't mind my saying so! :) Are there certain isoforms which only appear when growth factors are cultivated in 3d? Or does the difference lie somewhere else?

(mods: feel free to delete parts of this post along with any other posts of mine in this thread that are not directly related to the Q&A once the others have had a chance to see what I wrote)
To produce effective GFs you need these 4 pints covered:
1- source of cells
2- purity of cells
3- culturing proceedures/ technique
4- collecting media

all of these points can effect your GF quality and thus effectiveness. I can't go into details on how we do it. We have developed a unique way to increase our yield. The point here is to cultivate the native isoforms of the GFs. I can't go into the protein biochemistry and structure details. I hope this helps.

p__
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by p__ » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:36 am

Dr.AQ wrote:After the thank you she wanted to leave me with an advise to not take the forums seriously.
It is sound advice not to take internet forums too seriously. Public places on the internet should always be taken with a grain of salt. But they are not always unserious.
Dr.AQ wrote:She said that forums are where conspiracies and secret societies exists.
Well, that is a statement which also should be taken with a grain of salt. The internet is filled with different people. Some of them love conspiracies, some are completely rational.
Dr.AQ wrote:People who had no impact on their world will come to forums to fill that void.
That is an unfair assessment. Sure some are that way. And some are regular nutjobs. But far from all. These forums work as support groups for a lot of people suffering from something which affects their life in a negative way. Implying that they are all "losers" in real life is not very prudent.
Dr.AQ wrote:She went into details of how some of the members have made it their goal to attack me personally and won't stop until they see me vanished. She had PMs exchanges with some of the members and she was asked to join the crusade on me.
That sounds like a conspiracy if anything :D Seriously, I really hope there is no or little truth to that statement! Unless the product would turn out to be a scam (I'm not saying it is) there is no reason for anyone to attack anyone. But to question, that is something completely different and an integral part of a scientific mindset.
Dr.AQ wrote:took a glance at 'regrowth' after I read her email and i was speechless, I had to call my mother to feel safe again..
:D You have to remember that you are talking about people who have been scammed and taken advantage of countless times. They have every right to question every claim made. They (and I) simply do not know what you know.
Dr.AQ wrote:all of these points can effect your GF quality and thus effectiveness. I can't go into details on how we do it. We have developed a unique way to increase our yield. The point here is to cultivate the native isoforms of the GFs. I can't go into the protein biochemistry and structure details. I hope this helps.
Ok, thanks for the info! I still have a bunch of questions about this, but I think we have come as far as we can at this time :) I think we would have to sit down with a bunch of books and discuss it face-to-face to come any further! :lol: Online communication has its clear limitations.

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:51 am

doc will the high volumes effect the quality of the HC? Will the hc be less effective in hair loss prevention if the body's dht levels suddenly increases like in the case of taking natural testosterone boosters?

Joanne
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)

Post by Joanne » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:30 pm

For the record...I am NOT the woman at Regrowth who emailed Dr AQ. There aren't a lot of women over there, so just in case anyone's wondering...I haven't even used my HC yet...and might not.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by Fizzball » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:20 pm

Dr. AQ
In your internal trials where there any patients which used nizoral as their shampoo, I am aware that HC has been said to work fine along side other products however Nizoral is a very deep cleansing shampoo that seems to have a noticeable impact upon its users scalps and some also believe it posses the ability to regrow hair however just as a cleanser it seems to me that it would be extremely harsh on the application of HC and could possibly reduce the exorbtion of HC into the scalp or minimize its effects however on the other hand a clean clear scalp could possibly increase HC's affects.

Are my concerns valid or is it fine to use HC as a hairloss treatment and Nizoral as a shampoo.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm

I think this might be why the production of growth factors is so important (I've done a bit of biochemistry)...

Amino acids can have many different formations based the orientation of the portions attached to the carbon chains. The body (for the most part) produces ONE form of an amino acid, and one form only. It accomplishes this through complex series of catalyzed reactions inside the cell (I think it is the endoplasmic reticulum that produces proteins). Based on what I have read, it is nearly impossible to synthetically reproduce versions that all have the exact same formation as the body produces. Additionally, it is difficult or impossible to separate out the "correct" amino acid formation, because they are chemically identical, just oriented differently.

Protein's function is determined almost entirely by it's 3 dimensional structure, which is determined by the electrostatic/hydrophobic/van der waals forces between the long chain of amino acids that make up the protein. Wrong amino acid structure could destroy the protein structure as a whole, and thus destroy it's function.

I'm not saying other companies haven't solved this, or commenting on A&Gs growth factors etc. Just thought this might interest some people.

kamisama
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamisama » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:13 pm

Dr AQ,

regarding the pg free version, how do you go about testing the stability/effectiveness/absorption of the solution? Don't you have to go through a sort of trial again to see if its as effective/more effective than the current product? That would mean at least half a year right?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:29 pm

kamisama wrote:Dr AQ,

regarding the pg free version, how do you go about testing the stability/effectiveness/absorption of the solution? Don't you have to go through a sort of trial again to see if its as effective/more effective than the current product? That would mean at least half a year right?
Stability testing is performed by checking changes in Ph after a period of time, growth of microbes, separation, precipitations, color changes, at high temperature will it change color and other stuff. In term of effectiveness that is still to be determined. We produced small numbers for those who requested it. The active ingredients are all there, I suspect the absorption might be effected a little but I hope the effectiveness remain the same. we shall wait and see. We will not conduct a new study for it because of the small number. I am really doing it for the people at this forum. I gave them my word and I am keeping it. Its not the best business move but that OK, A&G never been about business ( I'm sure many here have realized this already)

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:42 pm

perga wrote:I think this might be why the production of growth factors is so important (I've done a bit of biochemistry)...

Amino acids can have many different formations based the orientation of the portions attached to the carbon chains. The body (for the most part) produces ONE form of an amino acid, and one form only. It accomplishes this through complex series of catalyzed reactions inside the cell (I think it is the endoplasmic reticulum that produces proteins). Based on what I have read, it is nearly impossible to synthetically reproduce versions that all have the exact same formation as the body produces. Additionally, it is difficult or impossible to separate out the "correct" amino acid formation, because they are chemically identical, just oriented differently.

Protein's function is determined almost entirely by it's 3 dimensional structure, which is determined by the electrostatic/hydrophobic/van der waals forces between the long chain of amino acids that make up the protein. Wrong amino acid structure could destroy the protein structure as a whole, and thus destroy it's function.

I'm not saying other companies haven't solved this, or commenting on A&Gs growth factors etc. Just thought this might interest some people.
You are right sir.. What produce the GFs are cells (so they're not synthetically produced) and with our knowledge of their molecular weight and charge, its not hard to separate them.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:47 pm

Fizzball wrote:Dr. AQ
In your internal trials where there any patients which used nizoral as their shampoo, I am aware that HC has been said to work fine along side other products however Nizoral is a very deep cleansing shampoo that seems to have a noticeable impact upon its users scalps and some also believe it posses the ability to regrow hair however just as a cleanser it seems to me that it would be extremely harsh on the application of HC and could possibly reduce the exorbtion of HC into the scalp or minimize its effects however on the other hand a clean clear scalp could possibly increase HC's affects.

Are my concerns valid or is it fine to use HC as a hairloss treatment and Nizoral as a shampoo.
Using a high quality cleanser will help with the HC. If you leave the HC on your scalp longer than 8 hrs, that will allow the HC to do the job. The longer the better but 8 hrs is minimum in my opinion. So I think using Nizoral with HC is an excellent idea.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:52 pm

intricate1 wrote:doc will the high volumes effect the quality of the HC? Will the hc be less effective in hair loss prevention if the body's dht levels suddenly increases like in the case of taking natural testosterone boosters?
what do you mean " high volumes" I don't understand the question. when the product was going through trials, one of the Dr. was trying it and he was on testosterone and he mentioned that he didn't see results until he got off it. Is this related to DHT or not I am not sure. I hope this helps

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:04 pm

p__ wrote:
Dr.AQ wrote:After the thank you she wanted to leave me with an advise to not take the forums seriously.
It is sound advice not to take internet forums too seriously. Public places on the internet should always be taken with a grain of salt. But they are not always unserious.
Dr.AQ wrote:She said that forums are where conspiracies and secret societies exists.
Well, that is a statement which also should be taken with a grain of salt. The internet is filled with different people. Some of them love conspiracies, some are completely rational.
Dr.AQ wrote:People who had no impact on their world will come to forums to fill that void.
That is an unfair assessment. Sure some are that way. And some are regular nutjobs. But far from all. These forums work as support groups for a lot of people suffering from something which affects their life in a negative way. Implying that they are all "losers" in real life is not very prudent.
Dr.AQ wrote:She went into details of how some of the members have made it their goal to attack me personally and won't stop until they see me vanished. She had PMs exchanges with some of the members and she was asked to join the crusade on me.
That sounds like a conspiracy if anything :D Seriously, I really hope there is no or little truth to that statement! Unless the product would turn out to be a scam (I'm not saying it is) there is no reason for anyone to attack anyone. But to question, that is something completely different and an integral part of a scientific mindset.
Dr.AQ wrote:took a glance at 'regrowth' after I read her email and i was speechless, I had to call my mother to feel safe again..
:D You have to remember that you are talking about people who have been scammed and taken advantage of countless times. They have every right to question every claim made. They (and I) simply do not know what you know.
Dr.AQ wrote:all of these points can effect your GF quality and thus effectiveness. I can't go into details on how we do it. We have developed a unique way to increase our yield. The point here is to cultivate the native isoforms of the GFs. I can't go into the protein biochemistry and structure details. I hope this helps.
Ok, thanks for the info! I still have a bunch of questions about this, but I think we have come as far as we can at this time :) I think we would have to sit down with a bunch of books and discuss it face-to-face to come any further! :lol: Online communication has its clear limitations.
I agree with all the points above..
I will be more than happy to sit down and discuss things in more details. Maybe one of these days you should come to one of our seminars.

Dutchhairloss
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: At the moment:
nothing
In the past:
Finasteride (propecia 1 mg) (1 year and 6 months)
Minoxidil (2%) (6 months)
Ketoconazol (for about 3 months)
In the future:
Whatever the future may bring us;)

Post by Dutchhairloss » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:32 am

Dr. AQ,
In one of your previous posts, you said that for the hair complex to be effective, it had to be on your scalp for at least 8 hours before washing it off.
My question is, what if you sweat? today I was sweating after cycling to my friends' house...this was about 6 hours after application.

Is sweating harmfull for the serum? (does it wash te serum of your scalp for example)
If so...how many hours untill it is "safe to sweat"

also: how important is the way you put on the serum? is massaging for 5 minutes that important? I get the feeling that after 3 minutes the serum is spreaded good enough...

one last question: would you give us the titles of the papers you wrote (so that we can read them on pubmed).

thanks for answering our questions so far!

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:15 pm

Any word on the discount for repeat customers?

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:41 pm

doc so you have seen absolutely no decline in results in one year?
Thanks enjoy your weekend:)

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:49 am

Dutchhairloss wrote:Dr. AQ,
In one of your previous posts, you said that for the hair complex to be effective, it had to be on your scalp for at least 8 hours before washing it off.
My question is, what if you sweat? today I was sweating after cycling to my friends' house...this was about 6 hours after application.

Is sweating harmfull for the serum? (does it wash te serum of your scalp for example)
If so...how many hours untill it is "safe to sweat"

also: how important is the way you put on the serum? is massaging for 5 minutes that important? I get the feeling that after 3 minutes the serum is spreaded good enough...

one last question: would you give us the titles of the papers you wrote (so that we can read them on pubmed).

thanks for answering our questions so far!
I think sweating is OK. However, if you are planning on a sweating activity, I suggest you massage it more (10 min) until you notice that the serum is almost gone. Please type my name ' Ahmed Al-Qahtani' and you will get a list of my papers on pubmed. Enjoy! :D

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:00 am

perga wrote:Any word on the discount for repeat customers?
FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO GO FOR A SECOND TREATMENT, PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY OR EMAIL KIM AT info@agskinsolutions.com . Email us your first order number (if you have it) , name and address. This offer will be available for 1 week from now. We will then assist the situation and see if we can make it public on our website as the month of June special. The accounting people did not support the idea at all.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:07 am

intricate1 wrote:doc so you have seen absolutely no decline in results in one year?
Thanks enjoy your weekend:)
Yes, both Greg and I are still on our first treatment and so far so good.

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:40 pm

Doc I purchased a treatment in march and just purchased another one on June 2nd. Please tell me I still qualify for the 25% discount?

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:19 am

Doc I am on my 10th week and I am still shedding those little hairs but I think that must be all new hair because I would be bald by now but my hair has significantly improved so is it good that I'm still shedding?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:05 pm

intricate1 wrote:Doc I am on my 10th week and I am still shedding those little hairs but I think that must be all new hair because I would be bald by now but my hair has significantly improved so is it good that I'm still shedding?
Shedding is a normal reaction to the HC, small un-pigmented hair mostly. I think its a great sign, you are responding to the treatment. Keep us posted !

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:07 pm

kamui wrote:Doc I purchased a treatment in march and just purchased another one on June 2nd. Please tell me I still qualify for the 25% discount?
I asked Kim to respond to you...

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:59 am

Dr. Aq i still havent reached the 12th week let alone the 15th week (which i thought was great for me because i'm tapped out at the moment). you have stated numerous times that an individual should wait till then before deciding if a 2nd treatment should be done, but the discount for 2nd rounders is only this week? my hope as well as others i'm sure was that this discount would be in effect for the 2nd rounders when it was needed as opposed to "this week only"..What do you say, how bout it? or will i and others end up having to decide if we want to spend another 200 because we missed out on the 1 week sale?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:51 am

cld517 wrote:Dr. Aq i still havent reached the 12th week let alone the 15th week (which i thought was great for me because i'm tapped out at the moment). you have stated numerous times that an individual should wait till then before deciding if a 2nd treatment should be done, but the discount for 2nd rounders is only this week? my hope as well as others i'm sure was that this discount would be in effect for the 2nd rounders when it was needed as opposed to "this week only"..What do you say, how bout it? or will i and others end up having to decide if we want to spend another 200 because we missed out on the 1 week sale?
I think in the future we will adopt this for all of our products. So far things are going well. We will evaluate this week and make a decision. I will keep you guys posted.

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:22 pm

Strange that people still get motivated to do a second round, wich the doc now promotes :roll:
There are still no results!!!!!!!!!
The doc said this a&g should be used ones a year and now people are getting very close to the 15 weeks
and he offers a discount for the second round and some people buy it :roll:
Doc just post a picture of your own results.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:38 pm

Bombarie..you make a great point, but let's try to keep this thread to Q&A's. Also, check out the known users thread. Ha.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:39 pm

Bombarie wrote:Strange that people still get motivated to do a second round, wich the doc now promotes :roll:
There are still no results!!!!!!!!!
The doc said this a&g should be used ones a year and now people are getting very close to the 15 weeks
and he offers a discount for the second round and some people buy it :roll:
Doc just post a picture of your own results.
I did not promote a second round and you are wrong about the ' NO RESULTS '. If someone did not see no results at all, they won't be asking for a second round. When it comes to hair, its very hard to tell and you will need to be careful before saying ' No results '. I respect your opinion and I wish I took some pics back then.

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:44 pm

dr. aq, there is a before pic of u on the website. maybe u could show us a pic of u now to show us the results

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by chore boy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:03 pm

I can't believe you guys are still entertaining this.

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:26 pm

Yeah 1... is right, there is an before picture of you on your own website, please show us your now picture within 3 days.
If i see impovements i will wait for 9 months to do the second round. I`m over 15 weeks btw.
This was a question to docter AQ.

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:46 pm

Bombarie wrote:Yeah 1... is right, there is an before picture of you on your own website, please show us your now picture within 3 days.
If i see impovements i will wait for 9 months to do the second round. I`m over 15 weeks btw.

lol!!! bombarie!!! and what will happen if he doesnt post show us your now picture within 3 days..

but seriously..i agree..LETS SEE THE PIC DOC>>>

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:39 pm

cld517 wrote:
Bombarie wrote:Yeah 1... is right, there is an before picture of you on your own website, please show us your now picture within 3 days.

lol!!! bombarie!!! and what will happen if he doesnt post show us your now picture within 3 days..

but seriously..i agree..LETS SEE THE PIC DOC>>>
You got it ! I will email the pictures to Jacob and he can post them here. The pictures are from my asian tour. I will pick the ones that show my hair from different sides. Will this work?
Jacob, please email me if that is OK with you.

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:46 pm

Doc I got a haircut yesterday and since I have had the worst shed ever, I washed my hair several times so it's not the hair from the cut. It long and short hair, it seems the a&g is wearing off, can that be or am I going through a cycle? Please what do you think?
Last edited by intricate1 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:37 am

Thanks doc!

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:26 pm

p__
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by p__ » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:55 am

People seem to be getting a bit upset now. The general results achieved by now - judging by various internet forums - are not on par with most people's expectations. Perhaps it would be useful to go back to one of my earlier questions, to which I only recieved a very unspecific answer, and clarify the issue. That would help us get a realistic time frame as to when we should expect to see substantial and cosmetically significant results from most people. The gist of the question was:

1. When you measured a 41% regrowth, how many weeks into treatment were the subjects on average?

Please note that "everyone responds differently" is not the type of answer I'm looking for. That goes withoug saying. And an answer like "a majority of users see results within 8 weeks" misses the point of the question. "Results" is a highly subjective word and could mean anything from "a slight increase in scalp health" to "growing lots of hair". That type of answer is bound to create misunderstandings and scewed expectations. 41% regrowth, on the other hand should be an objective and unmistakable measurement. So, I'm looking for the statistical average of how many weeks are required to achieve 41% regrowth according to your studies! That would help us judge when to decide if the general lack of reported substantial results are to be taken as a sign that the AGHC is not working as advertised.

Similarly:

2. Do you have any data to determine when 15% regrowth was achieved on average?

15% is a level of regrowth which should typically be unmistakable.

Also, if users around the world are not reporting results in line with what you/we would expect, the following questions are natural:

3. Could anything have changed between the trials and the commercial product which would influence its performance? Is the production process exactly the same? Is the vehicle the same? Is the concentration the same? etc...

4. Have you tried sending some AGHC bottles around the world and back and then analyzed the contents to see if the complex is fully "intact"?

Cheers!

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:26 pm

Dr I believe you about the good emails because I myself wanted to write you many time. I want to wait and see the treatment through befor doing that. I waS wondering are you going to change anything about the complex? Will you make it stronger? Also other hair serums containing growth factors need to be applied on daily basis, I was wondering will you test this for the a&g complex to see if it will be better?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:37 pm

intricate1 wrote:Dr I believe you about the good emails because I myself wanted to write you many time. I want to wait and see the treatment through befor doing that. I waS wondering are you going to change anything about the complex? Will you make it stronger? Also other hair serums containing growth factors need to be applied on daily basis, I was wondering will you test this for the a&g complex to see if it will be better?
Thank you! We are collecting many data and we will be going back to Asia again sometime this year (maybe Oct). We are partnering with 2 clinics one in Japan and one in Korea to collect data and feedbacks from users and doctors and see if there is/are any new thing(s) we need to consider for the HC. We also are looking into a 'go with' product that will boost the HC. Until now there is nothing and I think maybe in a year or so we will get back around the table and decide if there will be AGHC part 2. The daily application was found to be not necessary and we wanted to give the scalp and follicles enough time to respond to the HC.

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Dr AQ - If you really want to once and for all provide some closure regarding this picture debacle that seems to always resurface then you may consider uploading a picture of yourself prior to using your Hair Complex. Surely you have a picture of yourself somewhere before you started on HC. You, better than anybody else are the best representative for your own product and thus a poster boy to do this as you are the company's chief scientific officer. If you want you can provide Jacob with the pic as you did with the 3 pics from your travel to Asia. We can all tell you have healthy hair follicles from those pics. What we can't see is the 'before' pic of what your hair looked like before HC. According to Kimberly your hair was seriously tragic and from what she could tell, much worse than Dr. Maguire. Surely you must have a picture on facebook or myspace that shows your struggles. Again, the only way you're going to get a 'yeah baby' response and put several of these forum detractors and naysayers to rest finally is with a before pic and not an after pic which is similar to what we already see of you on your company's website.

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:08 pm

If I may digress a bit from the much to do HC and try to pick the doctor's mind about what other products may be in development as far as A&G's human fibroblast conditioned media and its' patented techniques. As of June 09 there remains 4 A&G main products to address aging skin: Hair loss, under eye dark circles, wrinkled skin, and wound healing. Is there possibly any product in development that may address more every day dermatologic skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, acne, or keratosis pilaris? Granted this may not be the direction would like to go or skin directions it may want to target because of the expense involved with FDA approval. Is A&G looking at skin lightening, hair color restoration or hyperpigmentation products or any other cosmetic concerns for the emerging Asian, Middle Eastern market? Are any of your products marketed in Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait? If not, are there plans to team up with any medi-spas there?

Btw, what is A&G's mission statement? Where do you see A&G in 5 to 10 years?
Last edited by hairikrishna on Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Avery
Occasional Poster

Post by Avery » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:54 am

/\ is not only a shill, but a really bad one.

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:34 am

Avery wrote:/\ is not only a shill, but a really bad one.

I see our resident conspiracy theorist has made themself known. I guarantee you I am not a shill. I am just sharing my experience using HC like everyone else here. Why is it that whenever someone has something good to say they are casted with some negativity or skeptism? I am not trying to recruit anyone who hasn't tried AGHC or is even thinking about it. I have no financial incentive to do so. For all I know Dr. AQ, Kimberly and Dr. Maguire could all be shacking up in the University of CA at Irvine resident housing and making a bogus product from their suitcase lab to sell to unsuspecting baldies. I may be new here to this forum and that may affect my credibility but I can reassure you once again I am not affiliated with A&G whatsoever. I completely own my experience from using A&G's Recovery Serum and HC. If you choose to not believe me then go fly a kite and see where that gets you.

Avery
Occasional Poster

Post by Avery » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:01 am

Why is it that whenever someone has something good to say they are casted with some negativity or skeptism?
Seriously? Because we've seen it before.

Look at the circumstances. You conviently join the site to post glowing reviews about a product our long-time posters have seen no results with, then go on to promote/query about the companies other (non-hairloss related) products. It's like an infomercial. You ask a question, the doctor answers it.

Your "guarantee's" and "assurance's" are meaningless.

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:33 am

Really now Avery. This is the Q&A post for Dr. AQ and not the 'shill' outing post. If you're attempting to out me then be sure you bring on your best A game and have something solid to go on instead of baseless innuendo by the mere fact that I am a new poster. I simply asked if Dr. AQ has other products coming down the pipeline to address other cosmetic and or dermatologic issues. Anyone with half a brain can visit the A&G website and see that HC is not the only product. I am not pimping the products on the website despite your accusatory tone. Get off your high horse and quit your bitchn. If you have something to ask Dr AQ then ask him and stay on point and stop with your nonsense.

I'd like to add this point to this thread that bears mentioning to the moderator and anyone else reading this. There hasn't been one post from 'Avery' in all the 14 pages of questions directed to Dr. AQ. Only time he or she surfaces is to cast doubts on me and my agenda. What the hell? Again, if this is the kind of treatment new posters get here then screw it. I hope Sam or Jacob for that matter can be the voice of reason here and get this bloke off my back.
Last edited by hairikrishna on Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Avery
Occasional Poster

Post by Avery » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:54 am

I simply asked if Dr. AQ has other products coming down the pipeline to address other cosmetic and or dermatologic issues.
No you didn't. You tactifully turned the conversation from the hair complex to A&G itself, as if to derive credibility from the company rather than their product. Their mission statement? Who cares. Consumers know a company's mission to make money, regardless how benevolent they want to call themselves. This isn't a conspiracy or secret. Are we supposed to
If you're attempting to out me be sure you have something solid to go on instead of baseless innuendo by the mere fact that I am a new poster.
Welcome to the Internet. You can't conjur credibility through anonymity. Your sudden appearance coupled with your tremendously different results than anyone else who has used the product indicates your falsity. We are bombarded by ads, testimonials, reviews, and of course planted shills like yourself on a constant basis. It's rather ludicrious to ask us to trust you just because you ask us to. Insane, really.

I also find it convienent you haven't posted pictures of any sort. Then again, I'm sure you won't.
Get off your high horse and quit your bitchn.
No.
If you have something to ask the Dr AQ then ask him and stay on point and stop with your nonsense.
Indeed. This is a thread for questions from consumers to a doctor. As you are neither, go away.

Avery
Occasional Poster

Post by Avery » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:59 am

There hasn't been one post from 'Avery' in all the 14 pages of questions directed to Dr. AQ. Only time he or she surfaces is to cast doubts on me and my agenda. What the hell?

Because I have no questions to be asked. Until a photo is provided, or trusted poster comes forward with even a hint that the product is what Dr. AQ says it is, the entire thing is moot.

And really, reign in your outrage. You make it sound like A&G deserves the benefit of the doubt. As if giving a bad product a bad review is somehow rude.

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:15 am

Cast all the dispersions you want. You're just proving yourself to be a complete a(S. Nothing you pointed out from quoting my text is relevant to this thread. You tell me to go away but you have no authority as you are not the forum moderator. Do us fellow posters a favor and keep your opinions to yourself about your conspiracy theories. You're not worth the time or effort and frankly, rather pointless. =; Again, you're not relevant to this thread because it's a Question & Answer thread for Dr. AQ so if you have a remark please address it in a form of a question directed to Dr. AQ. If you want to create a suspected "Shill' thread then by all means do so.

I apologize to Dr. AQ, Sam/moderator, and fellow posters: back on topic now.

I wanted to know if Dr. Maguire can find some time to chime in and give his 2 cents if possible. Only fair since he represents 50 percent of the company as co-founder. What I'm interested in is whether or not either founder of A&G had ever had a hair transplant, PRP procedure, or experimented with any of the two FDA approved drugs to treat baldness. Just so we cover all bases here, this includes any off-label prescription drugs such as dutasteride (Avodart) as well. I am just trying to see if their scalps might have been de-virginized by other treatments that might account for their hair regrowth.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:16 pm

hairikrishna wrote:Cast all the dispersions you want. You're just proving yourself to be a complete a(S. Nothing you pointed out from quoting my text is relevant to this thread. You tell me to go away but you have no authority as you are not the forum moderator. Do us fellow posters a favor and keep your opinions to yourself about your conspiracy theories. You're not worth the time or effort and frankly, rather pointless. =; Again, you're not relevant to this thread because it's a Question & Answer thread for Dr. AQ so if you have a remark please address it in a form of a question directed to Dr. AQ. If you want to create a suspected "Shill' thread then by all means do so.

I apologize to Dr. AQ, Sam/moderator, and fellow posters: back on topic now.

I wanted to know if Dr. Maguire can find some time to chime in and give his 2 cents if possible. Only fair since he represents 50 percent of the company as co-founder. What I'm interested in is whether or not either founder of A&G had ever had a hair transplant, PRP procedure, or experimented with any of the two FDA approved drugs to treat baldness. Just so we cover all bases here, this includes any off-label prescription drugs such as dutasteride (Avodart) as well. I am just trying to see if their scalps might have been de-virginized by other treatments that might account for their hair regrowth.
Both Greg and I have not used any other products prior to the AGHC. Both Greg and I are very busy and its enough that's one of us is here. He comes around between now and then and read the posts. When we get together we talk about the forums and discuss some of the posts. That is why sometime, it takes me sometime to answer some of the Qs.
I will look for a picture of me before the HC and send it to Jacob. I am trying to hide that side of me :lol: