A&G Hair Complex- RESULTS

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

p__
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: A&G Hair Complex- RESULTS

Post by p__ » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:55 pm

kamui wrote:This past 12 days or so, I'm starting to shed a lot of shorter hairs! Maybe it's starting to work? :-k
Or maybe it's just making you shed. Or maybe you're going through a shed for other reasons. :|

kamui
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by kamui » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:25 pm

maybe... I was done my last app 3 weeks ago.

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by chore boy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:39 pm

p__ wrote:
kamui wrote:This past 12 days or so, I'm starting to shed a lot of shorter hairs! Maybe it's starting to work? :-k
Or maybe it's just making you shed. Or maybe you're going through a shed for other reasons. :|
Probably from the TGF-b in the HFCM.. dope man gotcha' sheddin'... LMFAO...

Not sure exactly why one would desire to add TGF-b to a situation where an individual was already overexpressing something that's basically follicular enemy number one. What are the other GFs in there?... IGF, FGF and EGF... maybe a little PDGF? I find it suspect that HCFM - the ingedient in their skin creams - can somehow now miraculously grow hair in 5 convenient applications. He refuses to even remotely elaborate on the mechanism of his product. It appears they've re-worded themselves in the one set of pictures... it no longer speaks of extensive boldness frontal re-growth... no pic-havin' ass... haha

Forums' dangerous bidniss these dayz.

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:19 pm

chore boy wrote:Probably from the TGF-b in the HFCM..

Not sure exactly why one would desire to add TGF-b to a situation where an individual was already overexpressing something that's basically follicular enemy number one.
We don't know if there is TGF-b in it. HFCM only means that the growth factors in the product have been produced by human fibroblasts. It does not mean that the product contains all the growth factors conceivably produced by human fibroblasts.

Neither exactly which growth factors are actually selected, extracted and used in the product nor the concentrations of said growth factors have not been divulged, AFAIK.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:26 pm

I figured even Dr. AQ gave up after saying they weren't going to look into making it nanosomal anymore :?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:58 am

Jacob wrote:I figured even Dr. AQ gave up after saying they weren't going to look into making it nanosomal anymore :?
what advantage do you think the HC will gain from using nanosomes ?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:57 am

Dr.AQ wrote:
Jacob wrote:I figured even Dr. AQ gave up after saying they weren't going to look into making it nanosomal anymore :?
what advantage do you think the HC will gain from using nanosomes ?
More stability...absorption/penetration...time-release........

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:54 pm

I am officially over the 15 week mark. I cannot explicitly say that A&G Hair Complex has worked for me as it was suggested here in the Q&A forum with Dr. AQ and on the A&G website. There is nothing which leads me to believe the product is a scam at this point so I am withholding comment. I may have been a poor responder but I am certainly not in the minority here in this forum. Also, I am not attempting to build consensus or in any way coloring my results from using HC with others in the forum that haven't experienced any noticeable regrowth with HC. I am speaking for myself only. I was hoping for more hair or at least longer hair length by this time but this just isn't the case. I guess I could wait until 6 months pass to reevaluate where I stand with HC but I don't have this kind of time. I really wish in my heart I could be reporting better news for HC. If things should change though I'll be the first to report it here and to Dr. AQ. With weeks turning into months, it's appearing all too clear that A&G wasn't worth my time and investment unfortunately.

It would be great to hear from HairLoss Fight forum folks responding well to HC as was initially reported by Melon Collie and a few others. Where are you now with HC - better, worse, or status quo?

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:23 am

hairikrishna wrote:It would be great to hear from HairLoss Fight forum folks responding well to HC as was initially reported by Melon Collie and a few others. Where are you now with HC - better, worse, or status quo?
Yes, good point! There have been some accusations that people having results are being silenced or that they are reluctant to post because of the "mood" in the A&G threads! I certainly hope that is not the case! Any hinderance to the free and open discussion about this subject is highly detrimental to the ability to evaluate the general results achieved. So, if you have results, please post them! Speak your mind dammit! :) Naturally, you will sometimes be challenged, but so what? Just answer the questions if you want and let people decide for themselves. In the end, if the product works, everyone is going to see you were right. Think about the guys you could be helping by giving an honest review, guys like yourself!

Even if you will (rightly) be asked how long you have been posting, what other stuff you are using etc, the point is that if enough people report good results, those questions are not going to matter. We use the forums to gauge the general feeling about a product, not to find a specific post which proves everything right or wrong!

So, Melon Collie or anybody else, any input, please?

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:29 pm

I started treathment 25 march and still no results, but also not worse

TheFunkyStumpfighter
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral 2%
200 diode laser helmet mon/wed/fri
Clay mon/wed/fri
5 weeks AGHC (finished 2nd week July 09)

Post by TheFunkyStumpfighter » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:36 pm

Well, I decided to wait until I was at the dreaded week 10 to post again, so here I am at like 9 weeks and 4 or 5 days.

Heres exactly what I have noticed since using AGHC. I continue to have peach fuzz all along my hairline. For the most part, only a handful have full on terminalized, though I notice a few more pigmented hairs every time I get in there to have a good look (maybe once or twice a week). I am having the best results on my right side, I chalk this up to being right handed, and the fact that it was much easier to apply and dermaroll on my right side. What I have noticed, more than anything else, is that my only cosmetically significant results have come from the place I applied and dermarolled with the most attention: my right temple triangle. Last week, I noticed that the top half of my right temple triangle is now starting to form an angle again, as opposed to being the amorphous blob of hair. when I really got into the mirror and looked, I noticed that theres at least 2 dozen terminal hairs growing along the outer edge of the top half of the triangle, and velus hairs forming all the way out to where my triangle once was. This is significant to me, as this was the first place I noticed my hair loss. The left side of my hairline, where it was harder to apply and dermaroll, has not seen the same results, though there is still velus hairs along the hairline.

Im seeing no reduction in hair loss where I still have hair, though, and this is probably because I have seb derm so badly that no topical could get through in any significant amount. I cant help but wonder how much better my results may have been had I waited to use it after I got the seb derm under control.

Again, I did not use it as directed. I opted to use it three times a week (after using my laser helmet), first applying 3/4ths an application, dermarolling, applying the last 1/4th, and finishing by putting a shower cap on for as long as I could keep one on (usually an hour or two, but sometimes up to 4 or 5 hours). I really think wearing the shower cap and keeping the solution from drying made a lot of difference, but cant prove it either way.

I use a 200 diode laser helmet, with all the lasers in the front half of the helmet. Considering that I seem to be the only person still posting maintaining, and even continuing to see results, I can only assume that the lasers may play a larger roll in the effectiveness of this product. As we all know, the AGHC was originally tested along with regular laser use, and maybe the good Dr AQ underestimated the role played by the LLLT. Without a doubt, this stuff grew hair on my head, but it may just be that the AGHC kicked my follicles in the ass, and the lasers took over where the AHGC left off. In any case, Im going to order some clay when I get the cash to see if it will work better for my awful seb derm than nizoral has, and I hope to use another round of AGHC towards the end of the year. I dont know whether or not this stuff has a lasting effect for most, but I know that it definitely helped me when used with my laser helmet.

Oh, and also, lasers and AGHC have been the only real treatments Ive ever used (as the nioxin system is a scam and a half). These new hairs could only have been caused by one of those two, or a combination of both. Ive never used finasteride or minoxikill.
I currently use Propecia and i have a Laser comb, what do you guys suggest to use as a good daily shampoo? This HairGen is not going to grow hair cmon guys. Is Nioxin the best out there?

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex

Post by HairLossFight.com » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:06 pm

aviador wrote:Sam, I am planning to open a blog so I can upload the pics for __p. Can you help me?
Hi Aviador. I just saw this message. I've been out of the loop for a while. Let me know if you still need help setting up the blog. Basically, if you sign-up on http://my.hairlossfight.com/account/register.php and setup an account, you can immediately start blogging. Send me a PM when you've registered if you have any questions. BTW, after you've registered, you can access all the functions of that section of the site from the "Tools" menu at the top.

Sam

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:41 am

I can't speak for members of this forum but I'm still grateful that Dr. AQ still visits this forum from time to time to check on those of us who have tried AGHC. Although it would appear that many of us that haven't received the much touted hair regrowth benefits, we still haven't heard from those that possibly have such as Melon Collie and others. If there is anyone here that is reading this and knows how to contact him as well as others who have used AGHC and responded well to it and posted about it early on, then please ask them to post their results. Thank you.

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:48 am

I think i have a little bit of regrowth, but i can`t say for sure!

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex

Post by HairLossFight.com » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:32 pm

Alright folks, it has now been just over 3 months since I finished a round of A&G.

I have not been using any internals since starting A&G. For about two months now (so about 1 month after finishing A&G) I have been consistently using the 300 diode Laser Messiah I ordered from OMG.

I have waited this long because I have a theory that any cosmetically significant results that one can expect, from ANY treatment, will take a minimum of 3 months to show. Why? Because hair transplants take AT LEAST that long to become cosmetically significant (after the initial shed). And I don't think anything works better than ones own hair....

Anyway, SOMETHING definitely has been working for me. Here's why. At the one year mark after my hair transplant with Dr. Wong, a significant portion of the grafts (especially on the right hand side of my hair line) simply never grew. After applying the A&G I did notice within about a week, that there were some peach fuzz hairs growing in the areas that never took.

NOW, most of the transplanted hair has fully grown in and my hair transplant looks REALLY good. As I am using the laser helmet I am still seeing new peach fuzzies growing in between the transplanted hair.

My scalp feels really healthy. Virtually NO itch whatsoever. And NO signs seb. derm., rosacea, or folliculitis, all of which I have suffered from to varying degrees.

I think the combination of A&G and the laser helmet, have proven beneficial. At least for me.

Now I need to talk to OMG about adding more diodes....

I will probably do another round of A&G soon.

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:07 pm

Thanks for the update on AGHC Sam. Please let us know if you consulted with Dr. Choi regarding PRP. If so, how did it go and are you looking to undergo this procedure down the road?