A&G Hair Complex- RESULTS

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

davetherave
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: A&G Hair Complex- RESULTS

Post by davetherave » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:51 am

I'm about 12..13 weeks in. My hair is getting better. I have some decent regrowth in the crown area and some along the temple sides and "points." I do have a few new sprouts in the frontal forehard area but nothing cosmetically significant. Hairloss is almost nil. Nothing on my pillow, drain or sink area when I blowdry.

nix
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)

Post by nix » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:49 am

perga it would be nice if you could post pics of your hair with hair as long as it was when you started hc. I would like to compare the crown and it is very sensitive to hair length if you want to compare density

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:59 pm

davetherave wrote:I'm about 12..13 weeks in. My hair is getting better. I have some decent regrowth in the crown area and some along the temple sides and "points." I do have a few new sprouts in the frontal forehard area but nothing cosmetically significant. Hairloss is almost nil. Nothing on my pillow, drain or sink area when I blowdry.
That is great to hear Dave, i hope your results improve. Please keep the posts coming

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:23 am

I just took my 92nd day pics of after my first round of HC today. It is also my 16th day on my second round of HC. My crown seems to have recovered from the initial shed I had from the first round. Overall, I can say my crown has not changed since using HC, which was 92 days ago. I guess that's a good thing.

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:07 pm

OK I posted my pics, don't expect much, my first time ever taking pics of my hairloss so the quality is not good.

But I think I can say my crown has not gotten worse since using HairComplex.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:12 pm

kamui wrote:OK I posted my pics, don't expect much, my first time ever taking pics of my hairloss so the quality is not good.

But I think I can say my crown has not gotten worse since using HairComplex.
Your crown looks exactly the same so it appears Hair Complex has done nothing for you :cry:

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:38 pm

Yeah your crown looks the same, I have the same problem I think that it does nothing for the crown

Swimmy
Seasoned Poster

Post by Swimmy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:30 am

What? I checked the pictures. It looks like theres definite improvement in the crown area that I see.

p__
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by p__ » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:23 am

kamui wrote:OK I posted my pics, don't expect much, my first time ever taking pics of my hairloss so the quality is not good. But I think I can say my crown has not gotten worse since using HairComplex.
Thanks for posting them!

Don't worry about the quality, especially since you're not a pro! I think they are good enough to give a decent impression of what's going on. They are in focus and fairly high resolution. They also (mostly) show the entire region. Good job!

As far as I can tell, there hasn't been much change. It certainly doesn't look worse, at least. But I can't say I see any definite improvement either.
Swimmy wrote:What? I checked the pictures. It looks like theres definite improvement in the crown area that I see.
Just out of curiosity, which images are you comparing? I think the only "before" picture we have is the one from the day 30 album (which isn't really before, but anyway). The first picture in the day 92 album looks significantly worse than the 30 day one. The second pic looks about the same as baseline (i.e. day 30) and picture 3 looks better than baseline, IMO. The remaining pictures also look better than baseline. However, since most of the images are taken on the same day, and give such different impressions - some better, some worse - it would seem really hard to tell if there's been any real change. Maybe the baseline photo happened to be a really good one, or maybe it was a really bad one, who knows? It only goes to show how important angle, lighting, styling (and chance) are and how difficult it is to tell what's going on in photos, especially when the subject has "long" hair (not buzzed) since combing it slighty differently makes a huge difference in appearance.

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:53 am

All very welcome!

Day 92 pics 3-5 looks better because I did a comb over to cover it up a bit... LOL, sorry. :lol:

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:00 pm

I do a majorly comb over to cover my bald spot, your fine, I also have very nice black hair like you

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:08 pm

kamui wrote:Day 92 pics 3-5 looks better because I did a comb over to cover it up a bit... LOL, sorry. :lol:
Huh? I'm not sure if you're joking, but if you really did comb the hair to purposely cover the thin part up, then for the love of the flying speghetti monster, please remove them from the album or at least mark them clearly with comments clarifying that in the album (not just in here)! How are we going to be able to make any comparisons if you fake some of the results!!? I'm tired of companies willfully trying to mislead us, now I have to worry about fellow forums users doing the same!? Maybe it was all a joke? It's hard to tell from your post.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:15 pm

p__ wrote:
kamui wrote:Day 92 pics 3-5 looks better because I did a comb over to cover it up a bit... LOL, sorry. :lol:
Huh? I'm not sure if you're joking, but if you really did comb the hair to purposely cover the thin part up, then for the love of the flying speghetti monster, please remove them from the album or at least mark them clearly with comments clarifying that in the album (not just in here)! How are we going to be able to make any comparisons if you fake some of the results!!? I'm tired of companies willfully trying to mislead us, now I have to worry about fellow forums users doing the same!? Maybe it was all a joke? It's hard to tell from your post.
I feel the same way. What's the point of pictures if a few of them have been faked? We are all grateful for the time you spent sharing your photos with us but please DO NOT modify your hair or pics so they look like there is an improvement.

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:23 pm

Alright I'll remove pics 3-5.

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:18 pm

kamui wrote:Alright I'll remove pics 3-5.
Thanks!

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:45 pm

Happy Independence Day folks.... It has been 4 days since going to my derm and having a Skin Medica Vitalize peel applied to my entire face and temple area. I've been applying copper peptides to the entire face day and night ever since. I am still seeing some regrowth taking place along the front hairline and temple region. Nothing drastically evident to the naked eye when looking from afar but still seeing some interesting things going on. I have individual hairs coming in below the hairline where there was no hair before. One area has two hairs growing out of the same follicle. I am now moving into my 13th week since first applying HC. I am not planning to do a 2nd HC application anytime soon or in the near future at this point. I don't really see a need to.
I will be taking progress photos as I have been doing each month.

zephyr31

Post by zephyr31 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:33 am

My results in the frontal area long my hairline have been superb, lots of hairs growing in, if it continues i will make a full recovery there, i had a full inch of loss on each side.

My crown remains stuborn which is annoying, its alot better but not as good as the front which is crazy as my crown was last to be affected by my hairloss, the hairline hasnt had hair in years but has the best results.

Im using a fast growth shampoo which has given my hair a great growing boost which is why im prob seeing results as quick from the smaller hairs.

i was starting to see good results with using just fin and niz but nothing as fast as this so it has to be this serum.

ill keep you posted.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:59 am

Please do and also it would be extremely good if you could post some images of your hairline and affected areas.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:09 am

Hey guys,

Just received my PG free version in the mail yesterday. Thanks, Dr. AQ, for coming through with it. I was planning on waiting to see how people were doing with it but am encouraged by what I am reading here, enough so to give it a try.

The version with PG really was hard on my scalp and I ended up losing a lot of hair. That has pretty much stabilized now and my scalp condition has vastly improved. I'd be interested in an up to the minute report from Jajo to see how he is making out after a few applications.

Congrats to Melon, perga and a few you others who are achieving positive results to some degree!

Huli

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:23 pm

i`m at week 14 now and i still dont see inprovements.
At my hairline i still have miniturasized hairs and they dont become healthy.
I still lose alot of normal long hairs of 10cm.

Jajo
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV

Post by Jajo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:06 am

hulihoop wrote:Hey guys,

Just received my PG free version in the mail yesterday. Thanks, Dr. AQ, for coming through with it. I was planning on waiting to see how people were doing with it but am encouraged by what I am reading here, enough so to give it a try.

The version with PG really was hard on my scalp and I ended up losing a lot of hair. That has pretty much stabilized now and my scalp condition has vastly improved. I'd be interested in an up to the minute report from Jajo to see how he is making out after a few applications.

Congrats to Melon, perga and a few you others who are achieving positive results to some degree!

Huli

Hey huli!

deja vu! I was actually just thinking about you yesterday - wondering if you jumped on the PG-free while it was available.

First off - for others reading this that arent aware, I waited for the PG-free HC as I too had a past hyper-sensitivity to PG. I am 16 days and 8 treatments into my course of treatment (I can saturate my thinning area with 1 1/2 mil). I am using the pg-free HC by itself without a dermaroller or laser. All applications have went smooth - no irritation whatsoever! I don't know what they used in place of PG as a vehicle but I have to say it absorbs fairly readily and easily with very little residual serum left on the scalp. I have been putting it on after a shower. I then quickly microwave a damp towel for 25 seconds and do a hot towel treatment for 5 minutes (to open everything up and get the blood flowing) prior to applying the HC. Works well!

Now for my (and my fiances) observations! I actually can't believe how quickly I have responded - I literally have a blanket of new small hairs over the entire area I have been treating (including some outside the area). Some (not all) of the hairs that were already there but too small to be cosmetically significant are growing longer and have almost abnormally increased in pigmentation. I say abnormally, because I have straight-up strawberry blonde hair (the vellus ones almost transparent blonde!)and some of these are growing dark - almost red (with blonde tips)! Obviously as they are small, this is nothing cosmetically significant as of yet. But to see all of these new hairs already is pretty exciting irregardless. IF all these new baby hairs continue to lengthen and thicken, I will be in good shape and extremely happy. If not, I will at minimum be encouraged, as something is clearly going on here with these GF type topicals. No question about it, at least in my case. So if these new hairs don't stay and/or continue to develope, I do feel they are onto something good here for us guys.

So in conclusion - I remain cautiously optimistic at 2 weeks in, hoping things continue to improve!

Jajo

ps - since I am getting 4 treatments per bottle, I am wondering if i should stop at some point, let some time go by and leave some for a second round? DOC!?

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:29 am

I also want to add to the above post that I didnt stop any other treatment to start using the HC. I used minox and fin years ago with decent results but had to stop because of side effects. So I started using the HC fresh having used no other topicals for quite some time - with the exception of nizoral shampoo which I have continued to use (on days where I am washing the HC off). My fiance got me a couple sample bottles of Nioxin cleanser that I have been using on the days I apply the HC.

also (so far) - I have not experienced any shedding.

Jajo

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:22 am

jajo I want you to do things the way I wish I had done things, the first application is the best place to start so hear it goes: the towel thing great, the small hairs seem to get stuck at some point and not grow or fall out(at least for me), so I would definately recommend you make the treatment as long as possible and do the second treatment by the 7th week after the first treatment. If you have short hair or bald areas it is much easier to be more efficient with the hc and you can make the 5 vials into two treatments remember it is not dose dependent so just saturate and rub. I am going to use it all year round because i lost ground after 11 weeks and just love the way it makes my hair feel. The crown no one has had success with so let is know if you do. But I do agree it is amazing just to see it's effects even if it is not perfected yet haha good luck and have fun with your hair

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:55 am

Hey Jajo, that's awesome! I'm really happy for you and hope it continues!

I will be trying my first application tonight and will be trying your suggestion of the hot damp towel. Great idea! I am going to focus on one small area and see what the resutls are. If positive I'll move onto the entire mpb area. I am hoping that the PG free version is not a limited run. In fact, if people end up having success with it perhaps it ought to replace the PG version outright. It is conceivable that everyone is having a PG reaction to some degree that minimizes the effectiveness of the growth factors, just some have a devasting reaction like I did. Anyway, continued good luck with it and keep us posted! I will do the same!

huli

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:59 am

Jajo wrote:Now for my (and my fiances) observations! I actually can't believe how quickly I have responded - I literally have a blanket of new small hairs over the entire area I have been treating (including some outside the area). Some (not all) of the hairs that were already there but too small to be cosmetically significant are growing longer and have almost abnormally increased in pigmentation. I say abnormally, because I have straight-up strawberry blonde hair (the vellus ones almost transparent blonde!)and some of these are growing dark - almost red (with blonde tips)! Obviously as they are small, this is nothing cosmetically significant as of yet. But to see all of these new hairs already is pretty exciting irregardless. IF all these new baby hairs continue to lengthen and thicken, I will be in good shape and extremely happy. If not, I will at minimum be encouraged, as something is clearly going on here with these GF type topicals. No question about it, at least in my case. So if these new hairs don't stay and/or continue to develope, I do feel they are onto something good here for us guys.
Thanks for you info Jajo! Hopefully your results will be real, substantial and lasting!

I would be really thankful if you could do me a favor! Do you think that you could post again about one week after you have finished your last application and tell us how your hair looks. The reason why I'm asking is that during the course of the treatment I too thought that my hair was more pigmented, but I quickly came to realize it was most likely just that the fluid itself made it look a little thicker and darker. The fact that the tip of the hairs almost immediately seemed to exhibit the same increase in pigmentation was a definite hint. Any true increase in pigmentation will come from the root and extend as the hair grows longer (a few mm per week). Once I was done with the treatment, let a few days pass and washed my hair a few times the hair didn't look as full or pigmented. The appearence of increased pigmentation also makes one see vellus hairs which previously were hard to see. So my concern is that the fact that we leave a slightly sticky fluid in the hair makes it look thicker for a day or two. But once it has dried up and has been washed out a few times, the visual effect disappears.

Naturally, I hope I'm wrong. I'd really appreciate your input! Thanks!

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:05 am

hulihoop wrote:I am hoping that the PG free version is not a limited run. In fact, if people end up having success with it perhaps it ought to replace the PG version outright. It is conceivable that everyone is having a PG reaction to some degree that minimizes the effectiveness of the growth factors, just some have a devasting reaction like I did.
I agree on all points! I too had a reaction to the AGHC. Whether the shed I experienced in conjunction with the treatment was caused by this reaction is hard to tell. I still haven't seen any positive results from the AGHC personally.

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:08 am

I think A&G should have recruited all of you here as new trialist that are trying out the PG free HC instead of having you spend another $200.00 or whatever discounted rate with no guarantee for hair growth or a cessation to scalp inflammation. Hopefully all of you using it will continue to post your results from the PG free HC or lack thereof. Perhaps a new thread should be created for those of you who are trying out the PG free version.
Last edited by hairikrishna on Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:31 am

There are no ingredients that say what the PG was replaced with?

I remember getting excited about Tricomin years ago..it seemed to "bring out" those baby hairs that you normally couldn't see. They never turned into anything.

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:05 am

I think the results last longer than just while your on it for me was about 10 weeks after the treatment the first time, second time I don't know. I do agree though if you get a short hair cut it realy messes with your results.

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:53 pm

hulihoop wrote:Hey Jajo, that's awesome! I'm really happy for you and hope it continues!

I will be trying my first application tonight and will be trying your suggestion of the hot damp towel. Great idea! I am going to focus on one small area and see what the resutls are. If positive I'll move onto the entire mpb area. I am hoping that the PG free version is not a limited run. In fact, if people end up having success with it perhaps it ought to replace the PG version outright. It is conceivable that everyone is having a PG reaction to some degree that minimizes the effectiveness of the growth factors, just some have a devasting reaction like I did. Anyway, continued good luck with it and keep us posted! I will do the same!

huli
Thanks bud!

and yeah - I agree with everything you said regarding PG, especially to the extent that its possibly minimizing (to one degree or another) the efficacy of the GF's, or at minimum depending on ones sensitivity, countering any positive with a negative! You and I are the worst case scenarios in how we react to PG but its not a stretch by any means to summize that it is affecting everyone at some level. That stuff is trash IMO!

I too hope that this PG-free batch was not a one-off and that they seriously consider either making it available as an option or better yet as you suggested, replacing it outright!

Good luck!
Jajo

ps - let me know what you think of the hot towel treatment. The first night I applied it I didnt use the hot towel and it felt like I had a light film on my scalp the rest of the night no matter how much I massaged it in. When applying it after the hot towel, it feels like my scalp just sucks it up! Seriously - I still massage it as directed but a few minutes later it feels like there is nothing there.

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:19 pm

p__ wrote:Thanks for you info Jajo! Hopefully your results will be real, substantial and lasting!

I would be really thankful if you could do me a favor! Do you think that you could post again about one week after you have finished your last application and tell us how your hair looks. The reason why I'm asking is that during the course of the treatment I too thought that my hair was more pigmented, but I quickly came to realize it was most likely just that the fluid itself made it look a little thicker and darker. The fact that the tip of the hairs almost immediately seemed to exhibit the same increase in pigmentation was a definite hint. Any true increase in pigmentation will come from the root and extend as the hair grows longer (a few mm per week). Once I was done with the treatment, let a few days pass and washed my hair a few times the hair didn't look as full or pigmented. The appearence of increased pigmentation also makes one see vellus hairs which previously were hard to see. So my concern is that the fact that we leave a slightly sticky fluid in the hair makes it look thicker for a day or two. But once it has dried up and has been washed out a few times, the visual effect disappears.

Naturally, I hope I'm wrong. I'd really appreciate your input! Thanks!
Hey bud!

I will most definately do you that favor! I am actually looking at this treatment as a sort of experiment with nothing to lose, rather than expecting or looking for a given result. I am trying my best to observe what unfolds with the utmost objectivity (and honesty). Lets face it - when you're overly hopeful, sometimes your eyes can play tricks on you. Thats why in this case I spent alot of time (while waiting for the pg-free to be completed) examining my scalp as much as possible, under different lighting, different angles to light etc and all the while having my fiance do the same so that when I started my treatment I could honestly note any change (good or bad).

One thing I can mention now in regard to pigmentation observations thus far - the coloration change is random and seems to be on hairs that were already there AND have grown slightly longer, hence my mention in my initial post that those hairs had "blonde tips". I will be keeping an eye on it though going forward!

Jajo

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:00 pm

Jajo wrote:
hulihoop wrote:Hey guys,

Huli

Hey huli!

deja vu! I was actually just thinking about you yesterday - wondering if you jumped on the PG-free while it was available.

First off - for others reading this that arent aware, I waited for the PG-free HC as I too had a past hyper-sensitivity to PG. I am 16 days and 8 treatments into my course of treatment (I can saturate my thinning area with 1 1/2 mil). I am using the pg-free HC by itself without a dermaroller or laser. All applications have went smooth - no irritation whatsoever! I don't know what they used in place of PG as a vehicle but I have to say it absorbs fairly readily and easily with very little residual serum left on the scalp. I have been putting it on after a shower. I then quickly microwave a damp towel for 25 seconds and do a hot towel treatment for 5 minutes (to open everything up and get the blood flowing) prior to applying the HC. Works well!

Now for my (and my fiances) observations! I actually can't believe how quickly I have responded - I literally have a blanket of new small hairs over the entire area I have been treating (including some outside the area). Some (not all) of the hairs that were already there but too small to be cosmetically significant are growing longer and have almost abnormally increased in pigmentation. I say abnormally, because I have straight-up strawberry blonde hair (the vellus ones almost transparent blonde!)and some of these are growing dark - almost red (with blonde tips)! Obviously as they are small, this is nothing cosmetically significant as of yet. But to see all of these new hairs already is pretty exciting irregardless. IF all these new baby hairs continue to lengthen and thicken, I will be in good shape and extremely happy. If not, I will at minimum be encouraged, as something is clearly going on here with these GF type topicals. No question about it, at least in my case. So if these new hairs don't stay and/or continue to develope, I do feel they are onto something good here for us guys.

So in conclusion - I remain cautiously optimistic at 2 weeks in, hoping things continue to improve!

Jajo

ps - since I am getting 4 treatments per bottle, I am wondering if i should stop at some point, let some time go by and leave some for a second round? DOC!?
Keep going until you are done with the treatment (IMO)

mouse
Occasional Poster

Post by mouse » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:38 am

I don't think there's any question the hair complex has darkened existing hairs - dramatically in some cases. I have been shedding a lot (which I interpret as a very good sign), and many of the hairs are healthy and very dark, almost black in some cases. I am trying to see if there is any effect in restoring pigmentation to graying hair - I am wondering if the growth/pigmentation mechanism is the same within the follicle..

dblbass128
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Tricomin and Rogaine Foam stopping Xandrox plus due to sides need an alternative asap

Post by dblbass128 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:32 am

Hey Mouse

How long into the treatment did you notice a shed?

Im curious?

I think Ive had a few sheds Im still using other stuff though I added spiro and xandrox instead of foam

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:46 pm

how did you get the pg free version? what does it contain instead?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:03 pm

1..... wrote:how did you get the pg free version? what does it contain instead?
You can order it from online and mention in the note to merchant PG free. Nothing was used to replace the PG, just balanced the formula.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:20 am

As far as results go I'm gonna use an old saying and that is... "Pictures or it never happened!"

Its nice to hear a success story here and there but if you don't have any pictures to support your story its hard for us to in-vision this marvelous growth and changes you are undergoing so yeah... P.O.I.N.H.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

TheFunkyStumpfighter
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: Nizoral 2%
200 diode laser helmet mon/wed/fri
Clay mon/wed/fri
5 weeks AGHC (finished 2nd week July 09)

Post by TheFunkyStumpfighter » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:26 am

i really didnt want to post in this thread, considering i have a grand total of like 1 post on this site, but f**ck it, may as well join the fray.

so, quick backround for reference. im an nw2 widows peak thinning towards an nw3. ive been losing hair for just over a year now, and ive never been on fin/min...... or really anything, for that matter. i use a 200 diode messiah 2, focused entirely on the front half of my head (no doides in the back, but full coverage in the front.)

okay, so im about 6 weeks in on my aghc, and i have a ton of vellus hair along my hairline, in some spots extending the few centimeters down to where my old hairline was. in addition to this, many of the hairs that i shed are coming back in dark and fast. when i pull my hair back (its about 2.5 inches long now), i can see many shorter hairs sticking straight up through, up until about an inch behind my hairline. the vellus hairs that i am sprouting are quite long, and ive only recently noticed the bulk of them because theyve just now started to get pigmented near the root, making little black dots. at the sight of this, i took a white business card and scraped it along my hairline (to contrast the hair), and i found i had a f**king ton of vellus hairs popping up.

so, heres what i do. i have my laser helmet, a 30g syringe (or is it 32, i dont remember), a .5mm dermaroller, and a shower cap. first, i steam my head over a teapot, and use my nails to scrape away the dead skin that turns to face mud when steamed. after that, i wash my hair (usually with a bottle of nioxin, but ive used other random shampoos as well), dry it off (leaving it slightly damp), and put my helmet on for 20 mins. when thats done, i fill my syringe with the aghc, apply about 3/4ths of it along my hairline up till about an inch behind it (im only using it along my hairline), dermaroll, then apply the last 4th. after that, i put a loose shower cap on to keep it from drying on my scalp. sometimes i leave it on for about an hour, but if i dont have anything to do, ill leave it on for as long as i can, sometimes up to 3 or 4 hours. i feel that keeping it as liquid as possible on my scalp, for as long as possible, enhances the amount that actually makes it through the skin, and gives it a longer amount of time to soak into the dermaroller-made holes. i used it monday wednesday friday, as those are my laser days, and managed 3 treatments a bottle. five weeks, beginning to end.

mind you, i started using lasers about a month before i started my aghc, and when i first noticed results, i chalked it up to the lasers alone. about three weeks later, and i can say theres no way the lasers have worked so quickly by themself, as i seem to be gaining ground every few days. many of these hairs are becoming pigmented, but who knows how many will end up terminalizing (this is where i feel the lasers come in). I feel as though my results could have been better, but i have seb derm really really #$%! bad right now, and even with the dermaroller and the shower cap, i dont think a lot of the solution is making it through to my follicles. i think this explains why im seeing much better results in front of my hairline, where there is no seb derm. ive only had hairloss for a bit more than a year, so i realize this inherently gives me a leg up.

anyway, my camera refuses to take a pic from any distance less than a foot or two, so i dont have any pics to show you (not that my camera would pick up the bulk of my results). even if i did have pics, i wouldnt post them anyway, as the last guy who posted pics here ended up having them reposted at at least one other site, and i definitely dont need the people over at hlt jacking off to how little results i "actually" have from using my scam product (or whining about lighting, or humidity, or astrological alignments invalidating them). heres the bottom line for me: im seeing results. i wanted to share my steam->laser->3/4ths aghc->dermaroller->1/4th aghc->showercap scheme in the hopes that some of you see the same results as im seeing. of course, im only 6 weeks in, but im hoping that the lasers/other random things will pick up the slack when the aghc effect wears off, but even if they dont, at least i know these follicles are still alive, and that something has worked to regrow hair from them.

oh, and just for the information of the masses, i plan on doing two more runs of this stuff, 3 months or so apart (ill have to do some serious selling at the flea market i share a table at to get one, but ill probably call in my christmas present for the 3rd.) im hoping that this will give my follicles enough of a kick in the ass for the lasers to keep them in service. on top of this, i want to hit more of my scalp once i get the seb derm under control. maybe use it once a year after, or some other growth factor juice if it doesnt survive that long.
I currently use Propecia and i have a Laser comb, what do you guys suggest to use as a good daily shampoo? This HairGen is not going to grow hair cmon guys. Is Nioxin the best out there?

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:09 am

I don't know the hc needs to be made into a everyday treatment and it needs nanosome delivery, the results are short lived and maintainance is an issue

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:57 pm

Results?? ok then ...here are mine..

result one..hair is thinning just as bad as before
result two...hair is shedding just as before HC
result three ..Pimples along hairline
Final result..200 dollars less in my account

that is it!

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:34 am

My results -

hairloss - way down. Almost none
scalp - much better
hair growth - small amount along the temple hairline. A dozen or so in the frontal tuft.

Some hair grows much faster than others.

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:28 am

davetherave wrote:My results -

scalp - much better
hair growth - small amount along the temple hairline. A dozen or so in the frontal tuft.

Dave, how far into treatment are you?

EDIT: Never mind, I used the search and found out the answer.

It seems you and maybe one other guy are the only ones getting results from the AGHC out of all the poeple testing it here and elsewhere on the web. And even your results are nowhere near what was supposed to be the average response. If you had 40% regrowth you should be seeing tens of thousands of new hairs unless you were nearly bald. And you should be seeing hundreds of terminal hairs in the hairline alone. To me that is a clear indication the AGHC does not work as advertised. That does not mean there can't be some merit to it anyway, albeit unlikely.

So, I'm wondering, where on the Norwood scale are/were you? Did you have AGA (MPB)? If so, how long have you been suffering? How many hairs did you use to lose in a normal day before the AGHC? Have you posted on any other hair loss forums before the AGHC?

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:47 am

*bump*

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:02 am

p__ wrote:
davetherave wrote:My results -

scalp - much better

Dave, how far into treatment are you?

EDIT: Never mind, I used the search and found out the answer.

It seems you and maybe one other guy are the only ones getting results from the AGHC out of all the poeple testing it here and elsewhere on the web. And even your results are nowhere near what was supposed to be the average response. If you had 40% regrowth you should be seeing tens of thousands of new hairs unless you were nearly bald. And you should be seeing hundreds of terminal hairs in the hairline alone. To me that is a clear indication the AGHC does not work as advertised. That does not mean there can't be some merit to it anyway, albeit unlikely.

So, I'm wondering, where on the Norwood scale are/were you? Did you have AGA (MPB)? If so, how long have you been suffering? How many hairs did you use to lose in a normal day before the AGHC? Have you posted on any other hair loss forums before the AGHC?
2.5 to 3?

AGA for 20 or so years.

At least 10 on pillow, a dozen or so blow drying.

AKA danboy on regrowth, dopey on HLT

I'm still using fin and sinere's Min.

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:54 pm

davetherave wrote: 2.5 to 3?

AGA for 20 or so years.

At least 10 on pillow, a dozen or so blow drying.

AKA danboy on regrowth, dopey on HLT

I'm still using fin and sinere's Min.
Thanks!
calo38 wrote:it's a biotch to get it the same, I tried to get the angle as close as I could. May was shaved at a 1, and July was shaved at a 2, so obviously my hair is a bit longer.
Thanks for the update Calo! I think you managed to get the angles and lighting OK!

I think it is safe to say that your results, if any, are far from the alleged 40% average regrowth. Personally I can't see anything but a little longer hair.

It's a bit annoying that your hair is longer in the after picture :D Why is it always like that, why can't we make it a rule that "after pictures" have to have the same parameters or worse, hehehe! No one ever posts before/after pictures where some important parameter (angle, lighting, length, wetness, etc) is worse in the after picture and mfmmmfm... :-# [rant off].

Still, great post!

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:41 pm

I see no growth in the balding areas at all, only growth in the non balding areas (sides)

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:47 pm

After using my 2nd round of the Hair Complex, I still see no results.

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:47 am

I think the sweet Dr.Aq has to give us our money back, it`s refund time Doc!

pute959
Occasional Poster

Post by pute959 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:21 pm

I wasted alot of time (and money, but that's not the big issue) on this product, in the meanwhile, my hair has gotten ALOT worse.

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:48 am

This past 12 days or so, I'm starting to shed a lot of shorter hairs! Maybe it's starting to work? :-k