A&G Hair Complex- RESULTS

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily

Re: A&G Hair Complex- RESULTS

Post by dreamlandman » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:41 pm

Nothing major to report here, however, on my left temple there were two dark 'dots' from which terminal (or intermediate?) hairs have sprouted, not having been there for many years.

Also, at work when I looked under some fluoro lighting in the mirror when I was undressing in a room I saw the vellus hair (which are in the temples) going a little wild in places, seemingly growing longer in patches than others....like fertiliser on the lawn has been spread unevenly or something.

It's still fairly early here at 6 weeks, so I'm patiently awaiting further developments without casting unnecessary judgements.
I'm keen to use 3 products from Elsom and 2 good shampoos Jacob has mentioned elsewhere which could even further fortify and develop what has been initiated. I may even do a second round with the HC after the 2 months as the Doc suggests, if there are definite signs that I may be responding in an okay fashion.

Justin.

aviador
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood I
Treatment Regimen: A&G Hair Complex + Clinique Hair Maximizing Serum (Off days)

Post by aviador » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:00 pm

When I said NW0 I mean no hairloss visible at all. You people here are quite touchy sometimes...

p__

I am not a diffuse one, indeed I have the classic alopecia scheme: started loosing hair at my crown and later at my hairline.
I am not a critic case either, but I was losing hair enough for people to notice it and let me know (people is so annoying sometimes).
Furthermore my father is fully bald, so they were both my grandfathers.

Started losing hair when I was 23yo, I took it early and started using Propecia. One year later I added Spectral DNC (just when they launched it). With 25yo I had recuperated almost everything, as I said in another post I am a good responder to this products.
The problem is I was feeling tired and depressive most part of the time. I did a blood and general medical examination, and they found my hormones were all messed up and I had some thryoid problems. So I had to stop using Propecia and minox.
I lost tons of hair after stopping the treatments. My right temple was a hole, my crown visible, and my hair in generall a %&$!.
In November last year I started using Spectral again, it was a hell till I started recovering some hair after 3 months. The problem is that minox dry my hair a lot, give me dark circles under my eyes, and the new hair never grow like the healthy one. I stopped it before starting A&G.

I can only take pics with my webcam, so they will have bad quality, but if you don't care I guess I could do it.

Cheers,
Aviador

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:52 pm

Thank you for the answer, Aviador!
aviador wrote: I can only take pics with my webcam, so they will have bad quality, but if you don't care I guess I could do it.
That would be great! It is just so that I get a general idea of the type of hair loss you have! Thanks!

davetherave
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by davetherave » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:53 am

Status...
Hairloss is still very low. Scalp feels good. Just a few new folicles here and there. Some of my existing hair is growing faster. I swear that some mornings I look that some of them have grown a 1/4 inch. O:)

Irishpete
Regular Poster

Post by Irishpete » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:52 pm

Guys, thought I would post this from a poster on Hairlosshelp for what it is worth

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... erthread=y

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:28 pm

Irishpete wrote:Guys, thought I would post this from a poster on Hairlosshelp for what it is worth

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... erthread=y

Thanks for that Irish! Interesting to say the least.

AS for my results..still going steady and strong. My GF and I are both kind of a bit shocked at how much my hair has changed in such a short period of time. My crown is by far the best progress. I am so pleased..almost ready for that "yea baby!"..lol

Its amazing how different my hair feels when I run my hands through it. When I shave it down to a 4 gaurd it used to feel so thin and brittle...now the opposite. It feels thicker by far and way stronger. I have started a second treatment session because I am just an impatient guy and with the results so far I am hoping to speed things up.

I can say it was definitely worth the 200 dollars and I am not even that far off my first treatment. I don;t even use Niz anymore. I just added Ducrays Anaphase shampoo two days ago. Other then that..nothing but the HC and H&S.

still keeping the fingers crossed for more results.

driver52
Regular Poster

Post by driver52 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:15 pm

wow dude I am truly jealous i wish that i could say the same!

Do you have any pics so i can see the progress?
Somedays I feel like it might be doing something but then the next day my hair looks terrible and its falling out all over the place. the other day I actually went to pick a fallen out hair off my head and when i pinched it i had a few hairs with it and they all pulled right out and i was being careful but it didnt even take any pressure...kinda scary

I hope your results continue! As for me I am SOL

pute959
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by pute959 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:34 am

i have had no results at all, it has gotten worse :| , do you guys use lasers?
i will be doing a second round soon. but i'm not that optimistic anymore :|

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:10 pm

I have no pics sorry...and I never used lasers. I didn;t take a pic from day 1 due to the fact my BB cam doesn;t show anything worth seeing. If you feel like it's getting worse it may be a good sign . I can understand that the weak and damaged hair are going to fall out at first and new stronger hair will grow in. This is pretty much standard for any treatment like FIN or MIN. So I cannot see why the HC woudl be differen't.

I had shedding inthe beginning..then it stoped completely. Then a couple weeks later I shed a bit more...and now nothign again. So I think it just depends at what stage you're at. The doc said some would respond quickly others a bit more slowly.

As I said , the crown area has impressed me the most. The rest of my head is debatable. Still looks and feels better , but cosmetically it doesn;t look EXTREMLY different. I think in time that things will be amazing as far as results...just gota let the hair rebuild..rejuvenate and grow again.It is a process that can be weeks or months. However I feel I have had progress..my GF has noticed it and the crown is cosmeticaly much better.

Time will tell how good this will actually be.

driver52
Regular Poster

Post by driver52 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:23 pm

I understand the theory behind why hair loss product cause a shed and why people say it will grow back stronger...but I guess in my case I have always kind of been shedding. I look at my hands everyday after shampooing and conditioning and i dont think there has been a day where i never had one hair somewhere on my hands since people told me my hair was beginning to thin out.

I have never seen my hair improve once between minoxidil, propecia and lasers so this shedding has always worried me.

I hope you are right justthin but I have a feeling my hair is in the exact same condition as it was before I applied the HC. I even used lasers so theoretically I should have seem something earlier than you and probably earlier than now.

Also this quote worries me

"The HC is designed as a one treatment and was tested as such. We brought it to the market on this basis. It's a new product and we maybe right or wrong, we shall see."

Seems like the doc may be questioning the capablilities of the HC

Jajo
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV

Post by Jajo » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:57 pm

Hey Melon!

Last we heard, you were responding moderately positive and your brother an even better result. How have things progressed for both of you?

Jajo

aviador
Regular Poster

Post by aviador » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:30 am

Week 7 after last application
Week 10 since first application

I have a serious shedding since a few days ago. Specially tons of small hairs are falling, but also some long and thing ones.
My hair is feeling worst again, it's like going back before using A&G HC.
I guess I can only wait for a new hair grow cycle and see what happens.
Uhmmm.

Cheers,
Aviador.

Ps. Tried the pics with my webcam, you can't see or notice nothing at all. Sorry.

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:58 pm

aviador wrote:Ps. Tried the pics with my webcam, you can't see or notice nothing at all. Sorry.
Do you think you could post a webcam photo anyway? It's not to determine what results you've had. It is so that I (and others) can get a feeling of your level of hair loss in general. Thanks!

aviador
Regular Poster

Post by aviador » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:07 pm

p__ wrote:
aviador wrote:Ps. Tried the pics with my webcam, you can't see or notice nothing at all. Sorry.
Do you think you could post a webcam photo anyway? It's not to determine what results you've had. It is so that I (and others) can get a feeling of your level of hair loss in general. Thanks!

Ok, I will do on monday, when I am back in Paris.
I hope this shedding (or whatever it is) stops soon. You can't really imagine how much hair I have lost in this last 4-5 days :cry: :cry:

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:26 pm

Been shedding alot for a couple days now and hair is not looking good at all. It is starting to feel dry and rough like before I was using A&G. I also did some reading on other sites that have some talk about their other products to try and get an idea of how well they are working for others..well I noticed somethign a little strange. Besides the fact that two or three people got caught using same IP's and emails to post AMAZING results and never came back after being called out..I also noticed a trend that is repeating here. the trend is basically ... Promote product..say their will be a REAL release or product launch soon.(which never comes) then alot of first time posters come on raving about the product, so then a few people try it. The "honest" posters never see any results...the "fishy" posters say how amazing it is. After the product comes out and a few people who really used it come on and say how they haven't seen anything, the doc or his rep offers a chance at a discounted second round of the product and reassures everyone that it does work. The ingredients in all their products are similar and I believe the "serum" is the same color and consistancy as the other products just different packaging. They offer the same amount(prob irrelevant) of 6oz in at least one of their other products.

They were also called out on being FDA approved labs..yes others have seen the condos that come up on google maps. The response was that they are a FDA certified lab and not approved meaning the FDA has certified their lab as meeting their standards. Someone then posted that the FDA does not even do that and they (A&G) were full of it.

Some posters claimed they were doc's or in the medical field and were giving their patients the A&G products...those of course were some of the posters that were caught using same IP's or emails.

There is alot more that totally has made me think that A&G is not for real. They had a girl with a different name who was marketing for them and I believe she was one of the "caught" posters..posting unrealistic results. Could this be Kim? There were so many similarities with their other products and the HC as far as the trends on forums and sites that it makes me think the doc may have played this game beofre and may be really good at it..this of course, could be totally wrong but who knows.

Also, I looked at a couple events they say they are attending and I never see them posted as speakers or participants ..just that they are going to be there.However they are going to discuss their new technology etc..with who..I dunno.

Do some back ground checks on other products like reluma and seeing their (both docs) names being involved and then stating they were just consulting with them was wierd as both of their products are extremely similar.

I dunno , I may be paranoid but do some research and read the actual posts and trends from their other products A&G has and see if you don't find the similarities start piling up. The fact that the doc stated he woudl talk to his accounting dept and see if they COULD do a discount on a second purchase and then reading that same pitch over at other sites where he or his rep offers the discount.. makes me weary of this all now.

Everytime a REAL poster posted that the product either doesn;t work or couldn;t work..some phony poster would come to defend the product..that seems a little weird because if the A&G was honest why would they be using phony posters to defend their product?

meh...there is so much more that I was reading last night but I am tired and cannot remember it all..

My hair was looking great for a few weeks..but as of today I am not pleased at all.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:47 pm

There is alot more that totally has made me think that A&G is not for real. They had a girl with a different name who was marketing for them and I believe she was one of the "caught" posters..posting unrealistic results. Could this be Kim? There were so many similarities with their other products and the HC as far as the trends on forums and sites that it makes me think the doc may have played this game beofre and may be really good at it..this of course, could be totally wrong but who knows.
Where were these posters caught? I don't keep up with all the forums like I used to.

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:21 pm

off the top of my head..honestly there were so many random clicks I did and just read on..but truth in agin.com was one site i rememeber.I will try and go through my browser history to find out where I travelled last night.

Try reading related stories and reviews of other products etc after the A&G article..thats when my interest started to peak a bit , which then led me all over. Follow the trail of products and posts..lol

I wish the doc would email you those pics jacob, so I can maybe feel a little better about this company and product.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:05 pm

Oh..you're referring to the posts/posters regarding their skin product?

I do have the pictures...I'll post them tomorrow. I'm trying to confirm if the pictures sent are what you guys are talking about. Just pictures of him from various angles..not close-ups or anything, right?

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:22 pm

Jacob wrote:Oh..you're referring to the posts/posters regarding their skin product?

I do have the pictures...I'll post them tomorrow. I'm trying to confirm if the pictures sent are what you guys are talking about. Just pictures of him from various angles..not close-ups or anything, right?
I don't really care what pictures they are but they need to show a visual difference compared to the one on the A&G website.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:19 am

Well I don't think they do...but will post them for now anyway.
462.jpg
462.jpg (47.09 KiB) Viewed 50907 times
470.jpg
470.jpg (52.56 KiB) Viewed 50882 times
493.jpg
493.jpg (49.01 KiB) Viewed 50861 times
521.jpg
521.jpg (73.81 KiB) Viewed 50873 times

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:03 pm

ummmmmmmmmmm....these pictures are suppose to show what? come on!!! lets see something that shows something!!!!!

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:38 pm

Well I cannot tell anything, good or bad from those pictures.

aviador
Regular Poster

Post by aviador » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:14 pm

Hey, How are you guys?
I reported shedding in my last post.
And I am still on shedding, but not so bad as last days.
I expect all the lost hair to grow back again (stronger???)
I don't know what to think right now. I see there is a pessimistic cloud in the forum about AG HC.
I will just wait till the 3 months mark before giving a definitive opinion.

In Dr.AQ pics I dont' see a big difference with the picture he has on the website, but I don't see MPB at all, or at least his hair doesn't look worst.

---
Sam, I am planning to open a blog so I can upload the pics for __p. Can you help me?

nix
Regular Poster

Post by nix » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:39 am

I also had a shedding about 10 weeks after started HC and after I had results. It lasted 3-4 days. At this time I thought it was because I ate very little over the last two days. I don't know what it was but now it seems do be normal again.

dblbass128
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: Tricomin and Rogaine Foam stopping Xandrox plus due to sides need an alternative asap

Post by dblbass128 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:22 am

Just finishing up my last treatment this week. Hair just started shedding wicked bad this morning I mean good and bad hairs all over the place. Freaken me out right now. Started a couple weeks ago. These past few treatments have been spaced apart due to travel and what not but Im finishing up this week. Prob ten treatments all together

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:15 pm

Jajo wrote:Hey Melon!

Last we heard, you were responding moderately positive and your brother an even better result. How have things progressed for both of you?

Jajo
Hey Guys,

Ok, so just over 5 weeks since my last application....

I have a lot of peach fuzz regrowth that is verrrry sloooowly lengthening. I have hairs at various lengths and stages of regrowth from short fine peach fuzz, about 1/4" and some 1/2", others have grown to 3" or longer. I noticed one in particular on my temple that is colorless on the first 1/2" or so and then the other 1" is brown. A couple of others are maybe 3-4" long and kind of blonde looking. Unusual as my hair is dark brown. I have also noticed my eyebrow hair is growing longer. Maybe just getting old...LOL. Most of the regrowth seems finer than the rest of my hair and a lot of it has this kind of weird curve to it. Kind of like a wild hair or something. I don't really know how to describe it except that my hair is normally very straight and fine and nor curliness to it except for maybe my sideburn area. Reading some of these posts here I have to say that I haven't had any short thick hairs grow and then fall out. I did get some thick hairs along my temples but they are still growing. All the hair on my top and at my hairline seem to be starting out like peach fuzz and then slowly gaining thickness, length and color. As for the crown, I definitely had a shed back there. I can't see that well back there but I assume its going to grow back in.

I used the lasermax 90 when I did the applications but decided not to continue it. I wanted to see how it would do with just the complex.

It's really hard to say how far these hairs will go. My baseline photos I shot at work without a flash. I took a picture this morning but it was really overcast today and so the flash kept coming on. But honestly, I'm not sure at this stage a photo is going to show the majority of the regrowth. I know from looking in the mirror that things have improved overall. A full head of hair? No. But I think this will regrow a lot of my hair.

I am planning on a second treatment in a few more weeks, because I am seeing some promising results. I think a lot of that short peach fuzz has kind of stalled, so maybe the second round will get those to another level. Who knows but I will keep you guys posted.

Sorry, for not participating here much but I've kind of been avoiding all of the negativity on here.

As for my brother's progress....he started shaving his head again so I'm not real sure.

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:06 am

Melon Collie wrote:

Jajo
Hey Guys,

I have a lot of peach fuzz regrowth that is verrrry sloooowly lengthening. I have hairs at various lengths and stages of regrowth from short fine peach fuzz, about 1/4" and some 1/2", others have grown to 3" or longer. I noticed one in particular on my temple that is colorless on the first 1/2" or so and then the other 1" is brown. A couple of others are maybe 3-4" long and kind of blonde looking. Unusual as my hair is dark brown. I have also noticed my eyebrow hair is growing longer. Maybe just getting old...LOL. Most of the regrowth seems finer than the rest of my hair and a lot of it has this kind of weird curve to it. Kind of like a wild hair or something. I don't really know how to describe it except that my hair is normally very straight and fine and nor curliness to it except for maybe my sideburn area. Reading some of these posts here I have to say that I haven't had any short thick hairs grow and then fall out. I did get some thick hairs along my temples but they are still growing. All the hair on my top and at my hairline seem to be starting out like peach fuzz and then slowly gaining thickness, length and color. As for the crown, I definitely had a shed back there. I can't see that well back there but I assume its going to grow back in.

I used the lasermax 90 when I did the applications but decided not to continue it. I wanted to see how it would do with just the complex.

It's really hard to say how far these hairs will go. My baseline photos I shot at work without a flash. I took a picture this morning but it was really overcast today and so the flash kept coming on. But honestly, I'm not sure at this stage a photo is going to show the majority of the regrowth. I know from looking in the mirror that things have improved overall. A full head of hair? No. But I think this will regrow a lot of my hair.

I am planning on a second treatment in a few more weeks, because I am seeing some promising results. I think a lot of that short peach fuzz has kind of stalled, so maybe the second round will get those to another level. Who knows but I will keep you guys posted.

Sorry, for not participating here much but I've kind of been avoiding all of the negativity on here.

As for my brother's progress....he started shaving his head again so I'm not real sure.
Melon -

Thanks for taking the time post a detailed update! Yours was the experience I was most interested in following since we are near in age and have almost the same hairloss pattern.

Please keep us updated, if even just once a month. Its greatly appreciated!

I will now be able to finally reciprocate as I have just started my first round of treatment yesterday - had to wait for the PG-free HC to be created as I had a past sensitivity to PG with other products. (a BIG thanks to Doc AQ for keeping his word!). While I'm at it I should note my initial observations. I left it on for 24 hours ending by working out with a hat on this afternoon - figured maybe the increased temperature, blood flow, perspiring would open things up and maybe help absorb any residual HC remaining on my scalp. When I got home, before showering, I messaged a second and last time. The only thing I observed while the HC was on, was some intermitant deep itching in many randon spots from front to back) that would come on in a given spot then fade (I resisted scratching as hard as that was!). The itching was mostly last night and in the middle of the night (woke me up a couple times) - and then again when I was at the gym today, but for the most part very little today. Looks like I will get 3 treatments per bottle (my thinning area was saturated with that amount).

Going to have my fiance take pics tomorrow and weekly as I go along for 6 months...

We shall see!
Jajo

kamisama
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamisama » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:06 am

Jajo wrote:
Melon Collie wrote:

Jajo
Hey Guys,

Melon -

Thanks for taking the time post a detailed update! Yours was the experience I was most interested in following since we are near in age and have almost the same hairloss pattern.

I will now be able to finally reciprocate as I have just started my first round of treatment yesterday - had to wait for the PG-free HC to be created as I had a past sensitivity to PG with other products. (a BIG thanks to Doc AQ for keeping his word!). While I'm at it I should note my initial observations. I left it on for 24 hours ending by working out with a hat on this afternoon - figured maybe the increased temperature, blood flow, perspiring would open things up and maybe help absorb any residual HC remaining on my scalp. When I got home, before showering, I messaged a second and last time. The only thing I observed while the HC was on, was some intermitant deep itching in many randon spots from front to back) that would come on in a given spot then fade (I resisted scratching as hard as that was!). The itching was mostly last night and in the middle of the night (woke me up a couple times) - and then again when I was at the gym today, but for the most part very little today. Looks like I will get 3 treatments per bottle (my thinning area was saturated with that amount).

Going to have my fiance take pics tomorrow and weekly as I go along for 6 months...

We shall see!
Jajo

Im sorry, but did u mean that the pg free version is out? ive been away abroad for over a week.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:56 pm

Jajo wrote:
Melon Collie wrote:

Jajo
Hey Guys,

Melon -

We shall see!
Jajo
Hi Jajo,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear Dr. AQ came through for you guys that needed the PG free formula. I wonder if Huli is gonna give it a shot?

I took some new pics today and I think they look pretty good....I still don't think a lot of the new regrowth especially at the frontal hairline is showing up in the pics but it does look like progress. I don't have time to upload them now but I'll try to do that in the next couple of days.

Best of luck on your treatment. Are you using lasers or anything else with your AG?

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:23 pm

Melon Collie wrote:Hi Jajo,

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear Dr. AQ came through for you guys that needed the PG free formula. I wonder if Huli is gonna give it a shot?

I took some new pics today and I think they look pretty good....I still don't think a lot of the new regrowth especially at the frontal hairline is showing up in the pics but it does look like progress. I don't have time to upload them now but I'll try to do that in the next couple of days.

Best of luck on your treatment. Are you using lasers or anything else with your AG?

Melon -

You bet bud! and thanks!

I look forward to seeing your pics - no hurry, when you get a chance!

and I'm using the Pg-free HC alone, by itself - no lasers, derma rollers etc. and I wasn't using anything else prior. I used minox and finasteride for a while years ago with pretty decent results but decided to quit as the side-effects were no longer worth it.

Jajo

ps - don't be such a stranger to the threads. You (and your AVATAR) have been missed! \:D/

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:33 pm

beforemed.jpg
beforemed.jpg (191.76 KiB) Viewed 51902 times
before
5weeks1med.jpg
5weeks1med.jpg (166.42 KiB) Viewed 51905 times
5 weeks after A&G hair complex - June 25, 2009

I'm not a professional photographer, but I think you can see some of the results I've been talking about. Unfortunately the vellous hairs really don't show up at all. That and I guess my head is kind of sun burnt....LOL maybe I should put on a hat!

I am going to try to shoot another after shot tomorrow that will be closer to the same angle as the before shot for better reference.

Overall I think not bad for 5 weeks. Better than the lame pictures on the A&G site IMO. Sorry Dr. AQ! :D

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:22 pm

good job on the pics Melon Collie, yes, they are certainly better than the ones on A&G website. I see hair growth so good job! I am pleased for you but let's see what happens in the coming weeks, I just hope you continue to see improvements.

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:52 pm

Thanks for the pics Melon! I appreciate it...

I'm happy for ya bud! You are clearly making progress - now if that new peach fuzz that you say is there but hard to see in pics goes terminal as well (either over time or with another round), you'll be in good shape!

One note that want to make now that I've seen your pics - you're pattern is a little more advanced than mine (I guess I'm not sure what NW I am! :lol: )

Again - congrats!
Jajo

ps - regarding your pics being better than the A&G pics, I will quote the former heavy weight champion of the world, Larry Holmes - "Ain't no bout adout it!" ;-)

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:27 pm

Thx for the pics, very generous of you.

I have a question!

It seems like in your after pic, your hair is darker? Is that because of lighting, hair dye, or maybe the hair complex?

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:08 pm

Thanks guys for your positive feedback. I appreciate the encouragement. :D
kamui wrote:Thx for the pics, very generous of you.

I have a question!

It seems like in your after pic, your hair is darker? Is that because of lighting, hair dye, or maybe the hair complex?
Kamui,

Your welcome on the pics...sorry I'm not so professional at this camera. It's a nice one but I borrowed it from my boss and I don't know how to make manual adjustments on it, so it's all set to automatic everything. I don't dye my hair, however I think the complex may have made my hair color a little darker or just more intense. Having said that I also think the lighting is different too. Not sure exactly how. I will shoot some more photos tomorrow to try to get closer to the before angle and see if I can adjust the lighting at all. I didn't adjust anything from what came out of the camera and they are both without flash. I took one 5 week shot with flash and my hair looks even darker so I don't know how much is hair color or how much is this camera.

Anyway, I'm doing the best I can and I hope it is helpful to some of you. If the progress continues to the point Dr. AQ says it has on the trialists, then it should be pretty obvious on my dome regardless of my photography ineptitude...LOL

Anyone else, have any updates?

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:32 pm

Melon -

I think the photo shows your progress fine - but definately take another pic (when you get a minute) that best mirrors the angle/lighting etc of your "before" pic.

(check your PM's - I stitched your pics together side-by-side so they can be compared better if you want to post it up)

Jajo

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:38 pm

Yes mine are bad, hair week scalp gets oily fast and I'm shedding like crazy

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:24 pm

Hey Melon Collie, your cue ball is looking mighty nice in the bottom photo. I can definitely tell something is going on as the hairs appear thicker with a shinier healthier luster. I wish you much continued success with regrowing a full head of hair. I'll certainly be following along with your progress here as you continue to keep the forum updated hopefully. Please do not disappear into thin air once you achieve a full head of hair. Come back every so often and gloat about your success. You sound positive about the entire experience and I want to live vicariously through it all.

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:58 am

Looking good Melon, I got to admit I did start to have my doubts about the product but was so close to buying it but I had a choice between buy HC or a gift for a friends birthday... me being me I went with the gift and hope she likes it coz it cost me a lot but anyway back to the point, I noticed some obvious improvements in terms of overall coverage of the scalp and the crown seems to be filling out well, I'm probably gonna wait it out and see how well things progress with you and see if your treatment lasts that is if you would be so kind as to continue to post more images as time passes by, I'm also gonna wait to see how well some other people respond to HC and make an educated decision based on the data at hand at which point I will purchase and carefully document all stages of the treatment.

It is hard to get a decent shot of yourself due to a number of things such as lighting and angles but in my case I am lucky enough to have several tripods at my disposal to work with which should eliminate the angle issue and as for lighting I will probably go out and use some old photography tricks to get some decent and consistent light by purchasing an outdoor halogen lighting unit and placing a a white sheet in front of it to soften the light to a nice even glow without being over powering and causing glare, I guess if people can improvise and use a reasonably bright lamp at home and rig it up with a white sheet in front and use that instead therefore you will not have to deal with the dramas that come with flash as flash can also cause variations in pictures.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:32 pm

Side by side comparison courtesy of Jajo...thanks bud!
sidebysidemelon.jpg
sidebysidemelon.jpg (87.4 KiB) Viewed 51864 times

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:47 pm

Sorry Melon Collie if this has been stated before, but you've only been suffering from hair loss the last few years? or when did you start? I am starting to believe hair loss in the late teens/20's is much more severe and potential treatments are less effective than people who suffer hair loss at a later age (late 30's - 50's). How many other people here are heading towards their late 30's and used Hair Complex? Am I right in saying most here are in their 20's/early 30's ?

hairikrishna
Seasoned Poster

Post by hairikrishna » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Thanks for the pic reorientation Melon Collie. You would have made a much better model for the A&G's website than the 2 currently posted.

Goten - For what its worth, I've asked this question to Dr. AQ about the age of the dark haired gentleman featured with glasses on A&G's website and he is 47 years old. So I presume the HC will work at any age. I'm in my early 30's so I guess my hairloss isn't as severe as the 47 yr old model. I've already asked Dr. AQ to contact the 47 yr old and have him come back to take updated photos to show his progress. Dr. AQ said he would look into it as they continue to be in close contact from my understanding. I'm really looking forward to seeing these pics and Dr. AQ's 'before' pics as well.

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:59 am

Thanks for the pics Melon Collie!

I look forward to a pic where the angles and lighting are more similar to the original pic! If you could, it would also be really good if you could try to style your hair the same way and make sure that your hair is as dry as in the original photo. If you can't get the angle better, a photo where your head is tilted a little "too much up" (if we call the angle in the current photo "too much down") is better as a complement to the current one. Otherwise, good job!

The most obvious difference is the difference in hair colour, IMO! However, since you are 5 weeks in, we should expect to see the impact of the AGHC approximately in the innermost 1.5 cm of your hair under optimal circumstances. That is about the average rate of hair growth in 5 weeks given that the AGHC started working in full effect directly and since hair grows from the root, the tips will not be affected by the AGHC. SInce I cannot really see any difference between the tips of your hair and the part closer to the scalp, I am lead to believe that the difference in colour - which is what is most striking to me in those photos - is due to other factors. Such factors could for example include: wet/dry hair, recently applied topicals, dye, air humidity, sweat, lighting, camera contrast etc.

But anyway, thanks for the update!

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:53 pm

I was playing with the camera earlier today and couldn't get the lighting like the before shot. Not really sure why. I'll try again in the morning.....

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:59 pm

goten574 wrote:Sorry Melon Collie if this has been stated before, but you've only been suffering from hair loss the last few years? or when did you start? I am starting to believe hair loss in the late teens/20's is much more severe and potential treatments are less effective than people who suffer hair loss at a later age (late 30's - 50's). How many other people here are heading towards their late 30's and used Hair Complex? Am I right in saying most here are in their 20's/early 30's ?
Hi goten,

Check my previous posts on here for my details....

I've always had fine, soft hair and have been slowly thinning about 30 years I'd say. I just turned 48. A very slow diffuse thinning process though. I responded pretty well to Spectral DNC but quit using it because I didn't like using it 2 times a day and it made my eyes pretty puffy and grew hair like crazy on my ears! LOL.

I might put up a profile page here or whatever but I haven't quite figured out where to go to do that.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:16 pm

p__ wrote:Thanks for the pics Melon Collie!

I look forward to a pic where the angles and lighting are more similar to the original pic! If you could, it would also be really good if you could try to style your hair the same way and make sure that your hair is as dry as in the original photo. If you can't get the angle better, a photo where your head is tilted a little "too much up" (if we call the angle in the current photo "too much down") is better as a complement to the current one. Otherwise, good job!

The most obvious difference is the difference in hair colour, IMO! However, since you are 5 weeks in, we should expect to see the impact of the AGHC approximately in the innermost 1.5 cm of your hair under optimal circumstances. That is about the average rate of hair growth in 5 weeks given that the AGHC started working in full effect directly and since hair grows from the root, the tips will not be affected by the AGHC. SInce I cannot really see any difference between the tips of your hair and the part closer to the scalp, I am lead to believe that the difference in colour - which is what is most striking to me in those photos - is due to other factors. Such factors could for example include: wet/dry hair, recently applied topicals, dye, air humidity, sweat, lighting, camera contrast etc.

But anyway, thanks for the update!
Hi p_,

Thanks for the comments. Like I said before I have never dyed my hair and both before and after my hair is completely dry and about a half hour after washing it. No topicals or anything like that. Umm...I guess the difference is the lighting, camera contrast? not real sure. I have another less powerful camera that I'm gonna try out tomorrow as well as the one that I'm using now.

I will say that there is a lot of new growth on my head that is varying lengths and thickness (hair diameter) and I am sure the camera is not picking that up at all. Some of the hairs on my hairline are quite long and I can only see them at certain angles as they are much thinner than normal and not as dark or transparent in some cases. Kind of like they are miniaturized but growing in length. I'm hoping that they eventually grow to what I would consider normal, terminal hair.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:14 pm

Melon Collie wrote:
goten574 wrote:Sorry Melon Collie if this has been stated before, but you've only been suffering from hair loss the last few years? or when did you start? I am starting to believe hair loss in the late teens/20's is much more severe and potential treatments are less effective than people who suffer hair loss at a later age (late 30's - 50's). How many other people here are heading towards their late 30's and used Hair Complex? Am I right in saying most here are in their 20's/early 30's ?
Hi goten,

Check my previous posts on here for my details....

I've always had fine, soft hair and have been slowly thinning about 30 years I'd say. I just turned 48. A very slow diffuse thinning process though. I responded pretty well to Spectral DNC but quit using it because I didn't like using it 2 times a day and it made my eyes pretty puffy and grew hair like crazy on my ears! LOL.

I might put up a profile page here or whatever but I haven't quite figured out where to go to do that.
OK :) and everything you need should be in the user control panel at the top of the page

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:28 am

Anybody who has success with A&G is great news for all of us. I hope you can maintain your results pas 10 weeks, your shedding must almost be none, please let us know how well you can maintain these great results. The darkness of your hair looks amazing

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:56 am

So I have been experiencing another shed since last time I reported. Unfortunately, it could be any number of things that is causing it... (reduced Fin, no more revivogen, super zix II reintroduced, no more vitamins, or A&G)... The shed lasted probably 2-3 weeks, and was fairly bad compared to what was going on before I made these changes, so obviously it was something I did.

There is no doubt that A&G has significantly improved my crown. The hair line seems to be suffering from no more revivogen unfortunately, but there are still random thick as a 13 year old terminal hairs that sprouted up here and there from A&G.

I have debated getting a second round, but have decided to hold off and wait for the growth factor market to mature so the prices can come down. I also hope Dr. AQ considers a nano-delivery method, because I feel like if all of these growth factors actually hit their target, the results would be unbelievable.

driver52
Regular Poster

Post by driver52 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:05 pm

So after 12 weeks with no results I went with a second round. Yea probably stupid but I really want it to work.

Did my first application tonight and my hair fell out during the massage just like it did the first time (about 100 hairs even after just showering).

Using lasers

Will post pics soon I have week 1, 7 and 12 pics