Regrowth.com users welcome!!

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Regrowth.com users welcome!!

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:05 pm

perga wrote:Seriously, whoever is doing this website is killing me.

If you view the source it looks like they fell asleep on the keyboard and repeated a useless line like 1000 times (which is why the page takes so long to load)

Dr AQ, let me do the damned thing, I'll have the pictures up in 20 minutes
Hey Perga, you're talking about the A&G site right?
Last edited by HairLossFight.com on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Several mentions of Regrowth.com forum users coming over to HairLossFight.com forums were made in the A&G thread. Split the posts into separate topic so that this point can be talked about separately from the A&G thread.

perga
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: Regrowth.com users welcome!!

Post by perga » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:09 pm

Yeah Morph :) This site is good. In fact, I think the whole regrowth crew should move over here since that site sucks something fierce as well... but I don't have the kinda clout to convince people of such things.

James
Seasoned Poster

Post by James » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:22 pm

We should definitely move over here. I can't stand regrowth with all of the errors and such. Plus, today there was some weird stuff happening over there, I got some anti-virus warning when I went there.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:42 pm

I noticed a few weeks back that performance on Regrowth was very slow. And today I was performing some searches related to hair loss on Google when I noticed that one of the search result pages was from Regrowth, and underneath the link to the page, there was a warning from Google saying This site may harm your computer.

I know John Ertel from Regrowth. His site was one of the first hair loss sites on the web from the perspective of a hair loss sufferer. He put a lot of time and effort into it and I commend him for it.

I dont know what is going on over there and I would not discourage anyone from using that site, but I would like to thank all of you who came from there who have been participating here, and I assure you that I appreciate your participation, and I will do everything I can to make this place a great community for your continued participation.

If you like it here, please help grow the community by continuing to participate and by spreading the word. If a bunch of you let people know about this place, and convey thoughts similar to those expressed by Perga and James, I am sure that more people will come here.

Also, I know for a fact that a lot of people that use other sites (whose names I wont mention publicly) are fed up with some of the draconian moderating that has been going on.

I hope that this forum serves as a breath of fresh air for you. Come over here! We value honest and good participation, and would love to have you.

I have included a search I just did on google for regrowth.com. Check out the comment under the result. Your computer is safe here... lol
regrowth.JPG

ChuckP
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by ChuckP » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi ChuckP here from Regrowth.com,first time on the site looks good.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:50 pm

Hey ChuckP, welcome!

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat May 30, 2009 8:07 pm

I would advise everyone to stay away from Regrowth at the moment. I can't even browse the forum at the moment- the Trojan alerts are CONSTANT. And if you're not getting anything like that..you need to find a different anti-virus/trojan/spyware program.

Joanne
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)

Post by Joanne » Sun May 31, 2009 12:49 pm

I'm on a Mac and usually don't have problems but I ran MacScan and it found malware (coming from Regrowth) on my computer.

At first, the warning only appeared when using Safari ... but Firefox seemed to load the site with no problem. Now the warning shows up on that browser too. Be careful.