Testimonial and Q&A thread for A&G Hair Complex trialist #1- William

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Testimonial and Q&A thread for A&G Hair Complex trialist #1- William

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:42 am

A big thanks to William for offering and taking his time to post his experience with the product..as well as his being willing to take questions 8)

I'll be forwarding questions to him- please post any you may have here. My first ones were(will post responses when I get them)...

1. Did you use laser treatments along with the topical?

2. Are you using anything else at the moment, either topically or internally- such as Propecia..and did you use anything else prior to the A&G treatment besides the Rogaine you mentioned?

3. How was it that your doctor knew about the product?

4. Any before/after pictures?

My name is William. I was asked by A & G to write you in regards to my experience with their Hair Complex product.

Initially I had tried Rogaine to regrow hair but found after many months of use that the resulting regrowth of hair was very limited. Following my disappointment with Rogaine, I considered a hair transplant, but realized the procedure was both time consuming and costly, and at that point my doctor asked if I wanted to try a new product for hair growth before we tried the hair transplant. As my doctor stated, "I had nothing to loose by trying the new A & G Hair product."

I am 36 years old and suffer from a very thin head of hair that will in the next year or so progress to a point of complete baldness on the top and front of my head. So, "with nothing to loose," the doctor gave me a package of A & G Hair Complx that contained 5 vials of the product. Each vial was to be used for one application where I rubbed the A & G product into my scalp over the affected areas and then lightly massaged the afected area for several minutes. The application process is that simple, and is repeated every other day until the 5 vials are used. Following application of the Hair Complex, within a period of hours I began to feel a tingling sensation in the treated area of the scalp. The tingling was noticeable for the first few days but began to diminish in time. I realised later that i didn't need to use great volume of the product and stretched the last 3 viles until empty.

And, much to my surprise and delight, withn 17 days of treatment I began to see noticeable growth of hair in the teated area (I had to write down what I noticed daily). The growth of hair has continued till today. I estimate that after 9-10 weeks of treatment I have about a 40% increase in the density of hair that I had previous to treatment with A & G Hair Complex ( I think it is more now but this is what they said based on their count). This is simply a remarkably great product that is easy to use and highly effective. I am among the lucky ones who was given a chance to try it and I am still seeing noriceable improvements (after 6 months use). I am considering puchasing a box just in case I need to re-apply the Hair Complex. They told me its going to be on the market in Late march.

p__
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Re: The testimonial and Q&A thread for A&G Hair Complex trialists

Post by p__ » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:07 am

Hi William! A huge thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

I have a few questions:

1) Did you continue to use minoxidil during/after the A&G treatment?

2) Where do you think you were on the Norwood scale BEFORE the A&G treatment? (See http://www.androgeneticalopecia.com/hai ... cale.shtml for the Norwood scale)

3) Where do you think you are on the Norwood scale AFTER the A&G treatment?

4) How long have you been balding/thinning? Please describe the progression of your hairloss if possible. How fast has it been etc?

5) Do you have any relation - directly or indirectly, personal or business wise - to A&G except for trying their products? Just to make sure... :wink:

6) Did you do the hair transplant?

7) Where do you think the product helped most, i.e. which part of the head? The temples? The crown? Evenly across all balding areas? Evenly across the entire head (incl non-balding areas)?

8) Would you say that the product regrew hair to a cosmetically significant degree in any areas that had been "lost" to hairloss, i.e. areas that you used to have hair in before the onset of balding but had gone bald?

Again, thanks for answering our questions!

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:36 am

Hello William,

Congratulations on your success with the A&G hair complex!!! You must be thrilled with your results. :D

Do you have any before and after pics you can upload for us?

Thanks,
Melon

hulihoop
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by hulihoop » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:49 am

Hey Jacob,

My obvious question is the same as yours: did he use it with lasers?

Only 17 days to see growth is incredible! That is less than 3 weeks!

Here are a couple of other questions:

The A&G complex clearly grew new hair (or more correctly stimulated dormant follicles to regrow), but what was the effect on existing hair? Was there any shedding? Did the healthy existing hair grow more quickly?

Was the new growth uniformly distributed or more in either the crown or temples area?

Thanks again, Jacob, for being so proactive on this. I'd be buying you a beer or two if I lived in Wisconsin. Please convey a thank you to William for taking the time to join us and answer questions.

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:06 pm

BTW, I realize my first question is very similar to Jacob's second question, but there is a difference...

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:47 pm

There is? :-s

Some of the questions are repeats...so don't be offended if his answers don't cover every one of your questions. Let's try not to get too repetitive here :? We can always ask something again if we don't get a response to it..or ask for more details on something...or _____________________.

And if there are other trialists that are willing to share their results, I think a new thread for each one only makes sense(and if any of you trialists are reading this..feel free to start up your own thread if you'd prefer to just post it here yourself) . In fact I'm going to change the title for this one if it allows me to.

Whoop
Regular Poster

Re: Testimonial and Q&A thread for A&G Hair Complex trialist #1- William

Post by Whoop » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:02 pm

Did you notice anything after the application of the serum that could be a side effect? Like feeling dizzy or something.

Are your 'new' hairs visually different from your old hairs? Less/more curly, pointing other direction, different color?

checkingin
Occasional Poster

Post by checkingin » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:29 pm

Obviously, I and everyone else would want this to work. However, my gut instinct tells me this sounds too good to be true. Just preparing in advance for disappointment. :roll:

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:17 pm

Jacob wrote:There is? :-s
:D I'm being anal and paranoid, but yes, there is. Lets say for the sake of argument that he used finasteride during and/or after the treatment, perhaps even until right before answering the question. Then he stopped. He could then "truthfully" answer the question if he is currently using anything else with a "no". The results could still be from finasteride alone. :-"
Some of the questions are repeats...so don't be offended if his answers don't cover every one of your questions. Let's try not to get too repetitive here :? We can always ask something again if we don't get a response to it.
I agree on all points!
checkingin wrote:...my gut instinct tells me this sounds too good to be true.
A healthy dose of scepticism is always good! We are after all dealing with people who are trying to sell us something (no offense, Dr AQ)!

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:24 pm

@Jacob: Oh, and yes, I realize getting 40% results from finasteride in just 10 weeks is highly unlikely, to say the least. But it was just an example and I'm sure you get the point anyway.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:53 pm

p__ ...ok :-s :lol:

Here's the first round of answers. I'll throw all the others at him as one series of questions.(minus the repeats. I'll do yours though p__ :-s )

1. Did you use laser treatment along with the topical?

- NO

2. Are you using anything else at the moment, either topically or internally- such as Propecia..and did you use anything else prior to the A&G treatment besides the Rogaine you mentioned?

-NO

- I am not sure, but I think they met somewhere and he is part of the study. If you want more details I can ask him.

- Not with me, they have it at the clinic.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:04 pm

40% increase?!?!?

I just had a 40% increase... in my pants

Whoop
Regular Poster

Post by Whoop » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks for the answers, William and Jacob. Any new answers yet? O:)

Another new question:

Did you speak/see other trialists? If so, how would u describe the results they made?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:45 pm

Whoop wrote:Thanks for the answers, William and Jacob. Any new answers yet? O:)

Another new question:

Did you speak/see other trialists? If so, how would u describe the results they made?

Nothing yet. He may only have time in the evenings. Patience 8)

Perga..behave :lol:

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:00 pm

William says hello to you all.
1) Did you continue to use minoxidil during/after the A&G treatment?
- NO

2) Where do you think you were on the Norwood scale BEFORE the A&G treatment? (See http://www.androgeneticalopecia.com/hai ... cale.shtml for the Norwood scale)
- I would say between V - VI

3) Where do you think you are on the Norwood scale AFTER the A&G treatment?
- III

4) How long have you been balding/thinning? Please describe the progression of your hairloss if possible. How fast has it been etc?
- I start loosing hair around the age of 26 -27

5) Do you have any relation - directly or indirectly, personal or business wise - to A&G except for trying their products? Just to make sure...
- NO, I never met or spoke with anyone, i just received an email from Kimberly (customer service) asking me and others if we would like to share our experience with people before the launch of ag hair product. I just emailed back and they told me Jacob will contact you.

6) Did you do the hair transplant?
- No, hopefully I wouldn't need to.

7) Where do you think the product helped most, i.e. which part of the head? The temples? The crown? Evenly across all balding areas? Evenly across the entire head (incl non-balding areas)?
- Everywhere as far as I am concern. I feel hair all around now

8) Would you say that the product regrew hair to a cosmetically significant degree in any areas that had been "lost" to hairloss, i.e. areas that you used to have hair in before the onset of balding but had gone bald?
- I am don't understand the question, I have hair now where there was none.

9)The A&G complex clearly grew new hair (or more correctly stimulated dormant follicles to regrow), but what was the effect on existing hair? Was there any shedding? Did the healthy existing hair grow more quickly?
- Yes, hair closer to the areas were little bit longer and thicker.

10)Did you notice anything after the application of the serum that could be a side effect? Like feeling dizzy or something.
- No, but at the beginning as I mentioned to Jacob, my scalp was itching a little

11)Are your 'new' hairs visually different from your old hairs? Less/more curly, pointing other direction, different color?
- No, color and type are the same. My wife noticed my hair grow before I did.

Whoop
Regular Poster

Post by Whoop » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:05 pm

Thanks again for the answers! They're great again.

Whoop
Regular Poster

Post by Whoop » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:32 pm

Hmm, can't find an edit button for my last post. So another question here:

If you had to say something bad about the product, what would it be?

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:45 pm

William, thanks for the answers and taking time to provide us with some information about your experience.

Two to three drops in the Norwood scale is rather impressive as is a 40% increase in hair count. Kind of blows away the inductry standard. Can one transplant even result in such a drastic change?

Let's suppose that William is a best case responder it is still damn impressive, particularly considering he did not use lasers and Dr. AQ says the effectiveness is enhanced with lasers.

I am trying to think of more questions but am going to need to digest the information that he has just provided first. I guess one is:

Did you apply the 5 treatments under the direction of your doctor or anyone from A&G or did you just follow the instructions and apply it on your own at home?

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:40 pm

WOW! :shock: :o \:D/ :D =D>

Thank you for the answers William (and Jacob)!

If the results are actually as good as they sound from William, it is nothing short of a revolution.

[-o<

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:15 pm

I did not see any other trailist but every two weeks or so, I visit the clinic for head shots. The nurse told me one time while she was setting up the camera that she've seen good results from the product. They won't release the pictures to anyone, I already asked.

If you had to say something bad about the product, what would it be?
I couldn't figure out how to open the bottles until my wife came to the rescue. Applying the liquid without a dropper or some sort of applicator is messy at the beginning, until you get used to it. They asked me to massage my head for a minimum of 5 minutes after each application, it gets annoying after a while. I thought I will have a problem leaving it on all day, but I didn't. The itching at the beginning was little annoying to deal with.

Did you apply the 5 treatments under the direction of your doctor or anyone from A&G or did you just follow the instructions and apply it on your own at home?
I did myself at home and when I am on the road.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:19 pm

If I missed any questions..throw 'em back at me please.

Any new ones? It seems William comes and goes(due to work/travel..?) so have a little more patience than I do :-s

BTW..the first answers there were to questions I had....

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:39 am

If there's no applicator / dropper.. then are we supposed to just dump as much as we think we need of the bottle onto our scalp? would there be a problem with using a clean dropper say from an old minoxidil bottle? I'm confused as i could only see a dropper/applicator being more useful in getting the serum into our head rather than being absorbed by existing hairs.

Thoughts?

redbird
Regular Poster

Post by redbird » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:04 am

Yes. Just use a minoxidil dropper. I will be using one that is brand new. If you don't have a new one, they sell droppers in the baby section of the grocery store. They are very cheap. While I think they should provide an applicator of some sort for $200, it's not a big deal to use whatever you think will work best. And a dropper (for me) works the best for applying liquids to my scalp without getting too much on my hair.

astro_boy
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Experimenting like Crazy

Post by astro_boy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:20 pm

If William is still taking questions,

Now that photos on the A & G website have been posted, can you ask him how his progress compares to that of the photos?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:32 pm

Will send off some more tonight..in about an hour. So if there are any other ?'s.... :-s

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:44 am

Actually I'll wait until tonight. :-s

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:26 am

William,

1. Can you or can you let Jacob post some pics of your results here?

2. How do you rate your results compared to the subject on the A&G web site? Worse, Same, Better, Much Better?

Whoop
Regular Poster

Post by Whoop » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:21 pm

On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being best), what grade would u give:
- the easiness of applying the haircomplex?
- your result as of yet?
- your result compared to other's? (if you've seen other's)

Are you planning on buying another homekit? Why (not)?

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:39 am

Wohooo where`s william? :twisted:

Whoop
Regular Poster

Post by Whoop » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:44 am

I'll be the annoying bumping bitch :razz:

magnetron01
Treatment Regimen: saw palmetto

Post by magnetron01 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:41 pm

What happened to William the trailist?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:33 pm

The answer to that question will win you..........

I have no idea..but will keep checking my email.

bobthebuilder

Post by bobthebuilder » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:27 pm

Jacob wrote:A big thanks to William for offering and taking his time to post his experience with the product..as well as his being willing to take questions 8)

I'll be forwarding questions to him- please post any you may have here. My first ones were(will post responses when I get them)...

1. Did you use laser treatments along with the topical?

My name is William. I was asked by A & G to write you in regards to my experience with their Hair Complex product.

Initially I had tried Rogaine to regrow hair but found after many months of use that the resulting regrowth of hair was very limited. Following my disappointment with Rogaine, I considered a hair transplant, but realized the procedure was both time consuming and costly, and at that point my doctor asked if I wanted to try a new product for hair growth before we tried the hair transplant. As my doctor stated, "I had nothing to loose by trying the new A & G Hair product."

I am 36 years old and suffer from a very thin head of hair that will in the next year or so progress to a point of complete baldness on the top and front of my head. So, "with nothing to loose," the doctor gave me a package of A & G Hair Complx that contained 5 vials of the product. Each vial was to be used for one application where I rubbed the A & G product into my scalp over the affected areas and then lightly massaged the afected area for several minutes. The application process is that simple, and is repeated every other day until the 5 vials are used. Following application of the Hair Complex, within a period of hours I began to feel a tingling sensation in the treated area of the scalp. The tingling was noticeable for the first few days but began to diminish in time. I realised later that i didn't need to use great volume of the product and stretched the last 3 viles until empty.

And, much to my surprise and delight, withn 17 days of treatment I began to see noticeable growth of hair in the teated area (I had to write down what I noticed daily). The growth of hair has continued till today. I estimate that after 9-10 weeks of treatment I have about a 40% increase in the density of hair that I had previous to treatment with A & G Hair Complex ( I think it is more now but this is what they said based on their count). This is simply a remarkably great product that is easy to use and highly effective. I am among the lucky ones who was given a chance to try it and I am still seeing noriceable improvements (after 6 months use). I am considering puchasing a box just in case I need to re-apply the Hair Complex. They told me its going to be on the market in Late march.
Jake,

40% increase similar to the table on A & G site? No concern?

Whoop
Regular Poster

Post by Whoop » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:26 am

I have about a 40% increase in the density of hair that I had previous to treatment with A & G Hair Complex ( I think it is more now but this is what they said based on their count).

Why the concern?

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster

Post by Ryand2 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:22 am

agreed, why the concern?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed May 13, 2009 3:20 pm

Don't know what happened to Bob there..and William, well...let's just say this thread can be deleted for all I care. I'll leave it up to Sam though.

:-s

0416Dr
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Niz

Post by 0416Dr » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:59 pm

I am sorry to bring this up again, but Jacob did you ever heard something again from William? I am just curious if he still have these results....
I went to buy a camouflage jacket the other day but I couldn't find any.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:42 am

Nope. I personally don't think this "William" even exists. Or if he does..he ran for cover when the questions were too much....

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:32 am

Hahaha total scam

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:12 pm

We basically helped Dr. AQ beta test has product.

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:04 pm

No we got Scammed

0416Dr
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Niz

Post by 0416Dr » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:41 am

seems like Dr.AQ still believes in his product. But guys, thanks for clarifying and confirmation lol...yeah I mean all of your after my post hahahaha. I also believe that these people are scammed. If this was the real deal, dont you think this would be a world wide hype? I am sure about that.
I went to buy a camouflage jacket the other day but I couldn't find any.