A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

bug
Regular Poster

Re: A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Post by bug » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:51 pm

Dr A

Does your product contain WNT proteins or at the very least upregulate them?

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v4 ... 05766.html

Nature 447, 316-320 (17 May 2007) | doi:10.1038/nature05766; Received 30 August 2006; Accepted 20 March 2007

Wnt-dependent de novo hair follicle regeneration in adult mouse skin after wounding
Mayumi Ito1, Zaixin Yang1, Thomas Andl1, Chunhua Cui1, Noori Kim1, Sarah E. Millar1 & George Cotsarelis1

Department of Dermatology, Kligman Laboratories, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Correspondence to: George Cotsarelis1 Correspondence and requests for materials should be addressed to G.C. (Email: cotsarel@mail.med.upenn.edu).

The mammalian hair follicle is a complex 'mini-organ' thought to form only during development1; loss of an adult follicle is considered permanent. However, the possibility that hair follicles develop de novo following wounding was raised in studies on rabbits2, 3, mice4 and even humans fifty years ago5. Subsequently, these observations were generally discounted because definitive evidence for follicular neogenesis was not presented6. Here we show that, after wounding, hair follicles form de novo in genetically normal adult mice. The regenerated hair follicles establish a stem cell population, express known molecular markers of follicle differentiation, produce a hair shaft and progress through all stages of the hair follicle cycle. Lineage analysis demonstrated that the nascent follicles arise from epithelial cells outside of the hair follicle stem cell niche, suggesting that epidermal cells in the wound assume a hair follicle stem cell phenotype. Inhibition of Wnt signalling after re-epithelialization completely abrogates this wounding-induced folliculogenesis, whereas overexpression of Wnt ligand in the epidermis increases the number of regenerated hair follicles. These remarkable regenerative capabilities of the adult support the notion that wounding induces an embryonic phenotype in skin, and that this provides a window for manipulation of hair follicle neogenesis by Wnt proteins. These findings suggest treatments for wounds, hair loss and other degenerative skin disorders.

Application of wnt by Histogen:
http://www.histogeninc.com/downloads/st ... summit.pdf

Does it upregulate NFATc1?

http://www.cell.com/abstract/S0092-8674(07)01614-5

NFATc1 Balances Quiescence and Proliferation of Skin Stem Cells
Valerie Horsley1,Antonios O. Aliprantis2,3,Lisa Polak1,Laurie H. Glimcher2,3andElaine Fuchs1,,

1 Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Laboratory of Mammalian Cell Biology and Development, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
2 Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
3 Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA

Summary
Quiescent adult stem cells reside in specialized niches where they become activated to proliferate and differentiate during tissue homeostasis and injury. How stem cell quiescence is governed is poorly understood. We report here that NFATc1 is preferentially expressed by hair follicle stem cells in their niche, where its expression is activated by BMP signaling upstream and it acts downstream to transcriptionally repress CDK4 and maintain stem cell quiescence. As stem cells become activated during hair growth, NFATc1 is downregulated, relieving CDK4 repression and activating proliferation. When calcineurin/NFATc1 signaling is suppressed, pharmacologically or via complete or conditional NFATc1 gene ablation, stem cells are activated prematurely, resulting in precocious follicular growth. Our findings may explain why patients receiving cyclosporine A for immunosuppressive therapy display excessive hair growth, and unveil a functional role for calcium-NFATc1-CDK4 circuitry in governing stem cell quiescence.

Does it upregulate BMP?

http://genesdev.cshlp.org/content/22/4/543

BMP signaling in dermal papilla cells is required for their hair follicle-inductive properties
Michael Rendl, Lisa Polak, and Elaine Fuchs1
+Author Affiliations

Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Laboratory of Mammalian Cell Biology and Development, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Abstract
Hair follicle (HF) formation is initiated when epithelial stem cells receive cues from specialized mesenchymal dermal papilla (DP) cells. In culture, DP cells lose their HF-inducing properties, but during hair growth in vivo, they reside within the HF bulb and instruct surrounding epithelial progenitors to orchestrate the complex hair differentiation program. To gain insights into the molecular program that maintains DP cell fate, we previously purified DP cells and four neighboring populations and defined their cell-type-specific molecular signatures. Here, we exploit this information to show that the bulb microenvironment is rich in bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) that act on DP cells to maintain key signature features in vitro and hair-inducing activity in vivo. By employing a novel in vitro/in vivo hybrid knockout assay, we ablate BMP receptor 1a in purified DP cells. When DPs cannot receive BMP signals, they lose signature characteristics in vitro and fail to generate HFs when engrafted with epithelial stem cells in vivo. These results reveal that BMP signaling, in addition to its key role in epithelial stem cell maintenance and progenitor cell differentiation, is essential for DP cell function, and suggest that it is a critical feature of the complex epithelial–mesenchymal cross-talk necessary to make hair.

Thanks

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:41 pm

I am back.. :D
SW2- to finish my answers, the people participated were between 23-71yrs. Many of the 23% were older participants.
Please don't apologize, the pleasure is all mine. We never participated in any forum or sites that review products. I think I am here because of Jacob, our customer care supervisor said to me after receiving numerous emails and questions from him " what if there are many like 'Jacob' out there?". I realize then that we need to take part in this forums and help people understand and also listen to them and learn.
My closing statement :
Making a product and bring it in the market is not easy and requires more than just science. I know hair products in the market did not make it easy for us and we know many will bring us down even before we start. I assure you that we gave it our best and we did everything we can to make it available, affordable, effective and safe.

dhart99- I never used the x5 and I don't know what it does and how it does it. In general laser will enhance the treatment.

Jacob- I will announce the launch date and price tomorrow or Thursday. I will do it here before it goes to www.agskinsolutions.com
exclusively !!

Bug- I've read the papers a while ago, let me re-visit them and I will answer your questions. I will also include other papers to shed light on the technology, thank you for sharing. Its getting scientific here.. I love it!!

Good night everyone,
p.s. I've received an email from 2 women asking me if this will help in thickening the hair and give it volume, the answer is YES.

anton
Occasional Poster

Post by anton » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:42 am

In Dr AQ we trust :D

Thanks so much for answering the questions posed doc! Looking forward to the launch and the supply of more detailed information. Totally understand why you can't do that as yet.

I have a couple of questions which I know are in a lot of people's mind.
1) Does the solution work in both the front and crown? Did you notice more of an effect in either area?
2) For the people currently on 5a reductase inhibitors (finasteride & dutasteride) would you suggest that they continue with those for a few weeks while slowly reducing the dosage and frequency of the dosage? It sounds like 5a reductase inhibitors are not required with your treatment, which honestly would be an amazing huge plus for those of us taking them.
3) Will you be sending some ponytail rubber bands with the solution? :D

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by Jacob » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:28 am

" what if there are many like 'Jacob' out there?".
I HOPE that was meant as a compliment..or at least a hope of her/your own? :lol:

Welcome Bug and Anton..those names sound familiar. Bug and scientific also sounds familiar :D

p__
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by p__ » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:03 am

And to continue bug's line of questions above:

1) Does it contain or regulate Dkk1 (this is of course related to Wnt)?

2) Does it contain or regulate Noggin?

..and IGF-1, bFGF, KGF, SCF, TGF-b3, VEGF, FGF, aFGF, NGF? :D

You might as well send us the complete list of ingredients! :-" Seriously, I understand if you're reluctant to give out too much info, but we appreciate whatever you can tell us about the product.

It is really refreshing for us in the community to be able to talk to someone who has a true interest in the science of hairloss (and skin) and have an open discussion. I can tell you for sure that your coming here, answering our questions and having a great attitude, being as transparent, balanced and truthful as possible will get you many new customers and a whole lot of goodwill.

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:39 pm

p_

Upregulating the dkk1 gene is the worst thing we could possibly do for hair....followed closely by increasing tgf-beta. I certainly hope the A&G product does neither of these things!

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Well, that's why I added "regulate", which could imply a decrease or increase.

On a side note, I'm not entirely sure I would agree that DKK1 is always bad for hair. In general, sure, but it also depends on the context, I would say. An increase in DKK1 may lead to a decreased WNT signalling. Downregulation of WNT during the early parts of the "embryonic window" after skin disruption may actually be helpful for a Follica-type procedure. Unless I'm mistaken, initial WNT downregulation is required for proper pigmentation and resulted in increased hair width/counts in mice after wounding. Naturally, that requirement isn't translated to humans by default, but it is interesting nonetheless.

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi P

In the Cotsarelis paper(referenced above) the increase of follicles only occurred when wnts were up-regulated. They blocked dkk1. This is why Histogen is injecting biologically active wnts into the scalp in their regenica product trials(see referenced pdf above). Cotsarelis did agonize dkk1 very briefly to control hair pigmentation but this did not increase follicles or hair widths. Dkk1 does just the opposite and that's really the point of the whole paper(wnt = good, dkk1 = bad) Likewise Histogen is not messing with dkk1 and you'll notice from their presentation(referenced above) that there is no issue with skin pigmentation. Furthermore when Cotsarelis grafted human skin to an immunodeficient mouse in his follica patents he didn't antagonize dkk1.

Downregulating wnts isnt the only reason Dkk1 is bad.

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v128/ ... 0999a.html

Journal of Investigative Dermatology (2008) 128, 262–269; doi:10.1038/sj.jid.5700999; published online 26 July 2007

Dihydrotestosterone-Inducible Dickkopf 1 from Balding Dermal Papilla Cells Causes Apoptosis in Follicular Keratinocytes
Mi Hee Kwack1, Young Kwan Sung1, Eun Jung Chung1, Sang Uk Im1, Ji Seop Ahn1, Moon Kyu Kim1 and Jung Chul Kim1

Abstract
Recent studies suggest that androgen-driven alteration to the autocrine and paracrine factors produced by scalp dermal papilla (DP) cells may be a key to androgen-potentiated balding. Here, we screened dihydrotestosterone (DHT)-regulated genes in balding DP cells and found that dickkopf 1 (DKK-1) is one of the most upregulated genes. DKK-1 messenger RNA is upregulated in 3–6 hours after 50–100 nM DHT treatment and ELISA showed that DKK-1 is secreted from DP cells in response to DHT. A co-culture system using outer root sheath (ORS) keratinocytes and DP cells showed that DHT inhibits the growth of ORS cells, and neutralizing antibody against DKK-1 significantly reversed the growth inhibition of ORS cells. Analysis of co-cultured ORS cells showed a significant increment of sub-G1 apoptotic cells in response to DHT. Also, recombinant human DKK-1 inhibited the growth of ORS cells and triggered apoptotic cell death. In addition, DHT-induced epithelial cell death in cultured hair follicles was reversed by neutralizing DKK-1 antibody. Moreover, immunoblotting showed that the DKK-1 level is up in the bald scalp compared with the haired scalp of patients with androgenetic alopecia. Altogether, our data strongly suggest that DHT-inducible DKK-1 is involved in DHT-driven balding.

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:19 pm

Thanks for the correction about hair thickness in those trials, bug! It was quite a while ago that I read those papers. It still seems that initial WNT downregulation is required for pigmentation in mice. Naturally, WNT needs to be upregulated shortly after that. I vaguely remember reading that the pigmentation issue would not be relevant for humans, however.

If I'm not mistaken, Histogen's approach is quite different to Follica's and does not involve coaxing the stem cells present after wounding into follicles, so it's difficult to draw any conclusions from that presentation and their results just based on the fact they are not messing with DKK1. I think Histogen is not doing follicle neogenesis, but rather helping existing dead-ish follicles grow again. I actually made a hair count of their high-res photos from the press release and was surprised to see that there was no statistically significant change in the number of hairs as far as I could tell. Hairs were longer in the "after" photo, and thicker in general, but I could find no evidence of increased hair counts. The "after" photo certainly looked better, but I attribute that in part to the fact that hairs were cut longer in that photo. I still think their technology looks very promising (unless they are sued to death now), especially given that the photos were after one single, small injection during safety trials. Dr AQ, do you have any comments on Histogen and their approach?

There is some (arguably wild) speculation that Baccy's successful experiment over at Hairsite owed part of its success to his initial and accidental suppression of WNT.

Anyway, my point with adding DKK1, Noggin etc to the list of questions was merely emphasize that we want as much information as possible. In the highly unlikely event DKK1 is useful in a DIY-Follica-thing or somehow required for de novo follicle creation, it is always good to know in which products it can be found. The same goes for the other potential ingredients.

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi P

Actually Histogen and Cotsarelis are the doing the same thing in very different ways. Histogen even admits that the science behind what they are doing comes from Cotsarelis' work. In both cases they are introducing wnt proteins. Histogen has found a way to create biologically active wnts and they are injecting them. Cotsarelis is tricking the body to upregulate its own wnt protein via wounding. I have the full paper but even the abstarct I posted above says as much:
Inhibition(dkk1) of Wnt signalling after re-epithelialization completely abrogates this wounding-induced folliculogenesis, whereas overexpression of Wnt ligand in the epidermis increases the number of regenerated hair follicles. These remarkable regenerative capabilities of the adult support the notion that wounding induces an embryonic phenotype in skin, and that this provides a window for manipulation of hair follicle neogenesis by Wnt proteins. These findings suggest treatments for wounds, hair loss and other degenerative skin disorders.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:41 pm

I am learning much from here and I like where this discussion is going. I hope many are following this.

P__ and bug you both have valid points. I have my own view on the papers but I will leave it for some other time to add to it. Histogen approach is different from us. That's all I can say. You can google this:
"Patent Lawsuit Against Histogen Forces Layoffs And A Scramble For New Funding
Bruce V. Bigelow 2/24/09

Jacob - I meant that as a compliment. You brought to our attention that we need to be more involved in informing the public with our technology and products. We thank you for that.

TOMORROW I WILL ANNOUNCE THE LAUNCH DATE AND THE PRICE. \:D/

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:49 pm

Hi Dr AQ

We are all very aware of Histogen patent lawsuit.

You mentioned in an earlier post that you would direct us to paper that might provide some clues as to how to your product works. I'd very interested in reading that paper. Could you cite the paper please?

Thanks!

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:56 pm

Sorry anton here are the answers to your Qs:
1) god question, we noticed equal effect, however, based on the type aka pattern people have responded differently. In due time with good use, the hair tend to go back to what it use to. One guy told me, that his hair went back to the same shape as before.

2) people under 5a can use it in combination with the Complex, I don't think it will have any negative effect. Again we have not tested this but based on what we understand thus far, it should be ok.

3) Ponytail rubber bands won't be included in the box, but will be sent 8 weeks after placing an order :D

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:59 pm

bug - I am still looking for it, I thought i had it in my office. I will run a pubmed search and pass you the link.

anton
Occasional Poster

Post by anton » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:06 am

So Dr AQ, it is likely possible to stop taking 5a reductase inhibitors after applying your Hair Complex. You said in previous post that the Hair Complex prevents DHT from damaging the follicle and also repairs the damage already done by DHT. If that is the case 5a reductase inhibitors will not be necessary as the Hair Complex should protect the follicle from the DHT attack. The only question I have, which may not have an answer yet, is how long will the Hair Complex protect the follicle for before it will have to be reapplied (1 year?, more?) or take 5a reductase inhibitors again to slow down the damaging effect of DHT. All this is hypothetical most likely and more will be learned as people are using the Hair Complex. Can't wait for the release! And again thanks for answering the questions!!!

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:06 pm

Dr.AQ wrote:TOMORROW I WILL ANNOUNCE THE LAUNCH DATE AND THE PRICE. \:D/
Great news! Have you thought about taking pre-orders?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:24 pm

RELEASE DATE : March 20th 2009 ( when we will start taking orders) through our website www.agskinsolutions.com.
PRICE: $200 (We tried to bring it below this number but every attempt have failed. FYI- Outside the USA x2). FREE SHIPPING (priority). We also going to ship internationally for free (at this time).
Many have contacted me to pre-order. For new products A&G does not take pre-orders. Some have sent us checks in the mail, we have returned them to the address shown on the check. All transactions are going to be through our website.
Data and results will be available before the 20th.. We need to present them in a way that everyone can understand. Not everyone is like the people here.
P.S. A&G is announcing the release date in this forum because based on the members request and not discriminating against other forums or news sites. A&G has no agreement or any communication with the people supporting this forum/site.

I am ready to take your questions now..

Where is Jacob??

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:29 pm

anton,
A&G Hair complex is meant to be a complete system. Taking 5a or not is up to you. I know many will start adjusting based on there needs. I hope you got my point.

I will be around to answer question all night. I have a busy weekend and might not be able to log on.

Swoosh
Regular Poster

Post by Swoosh » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:48 pm

Hi Dr. AQ,

I have a few q's for you.

1. After one uses your complex, is their hair still vulnerable to the cycle of damage related to DHT binding to the AR?

2. Does your complex do anything for gray hairs?

3. Can you give us more information as to what kind of results to expect from this product?

Thank you.

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:56 pm

Hi Dr AQ

Did you find that paper on pubmed? Do you know any of the authors names?

Do I understand your post correctly...the price is double for Canadians(me) and others outside of the US?? Why??

Thanks
bug

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:58 pm

I'm right here...decided to check one more time before heading off to bed :-s

I've run out of questions..or maybe it's just- I want to just try the stuff out and go from there! Although I am looking forward to all the information that will be coming out...including from the/those trialist(s) that have used the stuff already.

Thanks for the update..will pass it on to Regrowth etc. If it loads up.

Did you return any blank checks? :lol:

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:15 pm

Hi swoosh -
1) The A&G Hair complex will not make you immune to DHT but it will reduce its effect and reverse it. How long will that last?? I don't know but thus far a year passed and no one reported a decline. We might have data after it goes out and more people are using it.

2) very good question!! loss of pigmentation is restored in the new developed follicles but the ones with gray hair and is still active but weak, remained gray. We still monitoring and its been hard for us as you can imagine.

3) Results varies depending on individual cases, however, our satisfaction survey came to 89% (67% extremely satisfied).

Bug- buddy, I have not had the time today to look and I will be lying if I said I remember any of the authors (I am bad with names, really bad).
NO, people who order from our website will pay $200. Outside the USA, our product has a different name and only available in specific hair clinics and cannot be sold online or in retail stores. If you are from Bombay or Iceland and purchased it from our website, you will pay $200.

Hey Jacob- Good to see you buddy, I am glad and if you can pass the info. that would be great. We are updating our website and its taking for ever.

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:55 am

Dr.AQ wrote:RELEASE DATE : PRICE: $200 ... FYI- Outside the USA x2).
Huh? What does that mean? :-k
Dr.AQ wrote:We also going to ship internationally for free
Outside the USA, our product has a different name and only available in specific hair clinics and cannot be sold online or in retail stores.
Just to clear up the confusion, you mean that there will be no non-US retailers except select clinics that will not be allowed to sell it online? But, most importantly, can people from outside the USA still order it from the A&G website for $200 and get it shipped to wherever they live?

Btw, what will be the name of the product outside the USA?

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:28 am

bug wrote:Actually Histogen and Cotsarelis are the doing the same thing in very different ways. Histogen even admits that the science behind what they are doing comes from Cotsarelis' work. In both cases they are introducing wnt proteins. Histogen has found a way to create biologically active wnts and they are injecting them. Cotsarelis is tricking the body to upregulate its own wnt protein via wounding. I have the full paper but even the abstarct I posted above says as much:
In my opinion, they seem to do quite different things, even though they both make use of WNT proteins. Follica is trying to influence stem cell differentiation, forcing stem cells to form completely new follicles during re-epithelization. Even though WNT is upregulated by wounding alone, that upregulation is clearly not enough to consistently spur significant growth in humnas. Also, that is not the main point of Follica's approach, as far as I understand it. The main purpose of wounding (for Follica) is to be able to influence the stem cells which are consequently present in the wound so that they form completely new follicles. This is (probably) achieved through a combination of things: regulation of WNT, EGF(r), immunosupression etc. I think that influence is primarily achieved using external, synthetic drugs.

I was under the impression that Histogen is using WNT along with some other growth factors to induce growth in existing follicles and that their mode of action is not directed at stem/progenitor cells.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:42 am

I guess I do have some more questions Dr. AQ O:)

Do you think there's something else going on besides the lasers just helping with absorption/penetration(SOD production or ?)? Earlier you stated that you didn't think the dermaroller would be necessary, but you'd think that such a device would help SOMEwhat. Although..if I remember correctly...the descriptions/instructions of such dermaroller type devices talked about thier use with liposomal type topicals. Which leads me to my next question- ever looked into using liposomes or nanosomes? It's probably double the price..but if that's what it takes :-s

Also...how about a leave-in hair conditioner that contains a bit of these active ingredients. Could be used after the initial treatments...for maintenance or better. It would probably be the worlds most expensive hair conditioner, but a little would go a long way, right?

I'll probably end up using the product w/out LLLT at first. Will go to the LLLT later if needed. I think it'll be interesting to see what happens with just the product alone...some of us have to try it that way..or won't have a choice.

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:47 pm

Hey Dr.AQ,

i just thought of a question as well.

In your tests showing results in 3-6 weeks with laser treatment... were these dates the start or the finished results of the treatment? So if i'm trying to evaluate the product would you say it would be fair to make an evaluation at the 8 week mark for complete results? or do results start to come in sometime during the 3-6 week mark with complete/definitive results ending weeks/months later?

Reason i ask is more than likely if i don't realize results from the 1st treatment i'll be trying this product again to see if i can catch something in the second go around.

thoughts?

thanks,

SW

cloud9
Seasoned Poster

Post by cloud9 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:14 pm

I have two questions for A&G . In an earlier post when you applied the five applications you stretched them out to nine treatments for 18 days and thought you got better results that way . Do you recommend stretching the treatment to nine if we can ?
My other question is after we are done with all the treatments can we go back to using Daly tropicals if we want ?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:28 am

Hi Guys
P__: YES, Our price is $200. it does not matter were you are in the world, as long as you do it through our website. Similar product is available outside the USA in a specific clinics. What I am saying, these clinics only sell it in house, so if you are in Japan and you see someone advertising a similar product the chances are its ours. International shipping is free at this time because we have many international customers and we want to make it easy for them to order. THE PRICE IS THE SAME $200 FOR EVERYONE AROUND THE WORLD..

Jacob : We worked so hard to make things simple and easy to use and apply. I know many thinks its not enough and it can't be that good. I agree, this was our initial thinking, but the results we got were enough to convince us that this product will deliver. We will know about the product potentials after it goes out. We will do a survey after the launch date to follow up and see the impact.
I am not going to talk about liposomes and nanosomes.. its too late I am half sleep

SW1 - the results varies between people, but you will see some signs during the treatment and then you can decide what best. Please allow time for hair to recover and grow.

cloud9 - The more you apply it the better as long as its every other day. You can go back to other if you want just give it a week before you go back so no interfering with the A&G Hair complex..

Good night guys and have a great weekend..

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:04 am

I went back and had a look at Histogen's site, and it actually seems they are more similar to Follica than I thought, just like bug said!

One of Histogen's significant applications for ReGenica is its utilization as an injectable for hair growth. The combination of wnt proteins and growth factors making up ReGenica has been shown to both stimulate resting hair follicles and induce new follicle formation.

In May 2007, these findings were substantiated by research performed by Dr. George Cotsarelis, which offered further evidence that these growth factors and proteins in combination lead to a significant increase in the creation of new hair follicles in mice.

I'm just wondering if they aren't violating Follica's patents? I see another lawsuit coming...

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:32 am

P__ L Does ReGenica even works?

cloud9
Seasoned Poster

Post by cloud9 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:16 am

A&E
would applying Retin-A or doing a scalp peel before starting the A& E Hair complex application be beneficial ?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:49 am

Cloud 9 - we have not tested appeal but its not necessary. A&G Hair Complex is meant to be used topically..

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:44 pm

Dr. AQ..I'm not questioning the products' effectiveness..or how easy it is to apply(I wouldn't know!). I'm just wondering how good it's going to work w/out lasers if using it with lasers is supposed to be better(and am still wondering if it's just better penetration or ?)- it does sound like many did just fine w/out the use of lasers, since they weren't being mentioned until the Allure Image connection was brought up...so maybe I'm worried about nothing.

And my leave-in hair conditioner was actually a serious one too. Maybe stability would be an issue..having a bigger container with lots of other ingredients. But if it were doable I'd be very interested in such a product. Then again..maybe it really wouldn't be needed. I would think SOME could use some extra boosting after the intial treatment..but I guess another round of the topical would be better anyway.

Thanks 8)

hulihoop
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by hulihoop » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:08 pm

Hey Everyone,

I've been away from my computer for a few days and am just catching up now. Great questions. Much better than I could come up with. Thanks Dr. AQ for taking the time to be so patient and answer all of them.

From my perspective I think the thing for me to do is use it and see what happens. It sounds like Dr. AQ is going to be interested in our feedback and I am sure we may have questions/suggestions after we use it. I AM looking forward to reading some of the thoughts of those who have tested on it. But honestly I am willing to just consider myself a test subject as well, give it a try and see how it works for me. Just waiting for March 20th to arrive.

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:09 pm

Ok this is getting absurd

While Im greatly impressed that Dr AQ has taken the time to answer questions(none of mine) I find it a little ridiculous that people are asking things like:
How much will it cost?
Can I use it with other treatments?
How often do i have to apply it?
How can I get the most out of it?
Does it work best with lasers?
When will it be released?

This is insane! Lets say hypothetically this stuff is just distilled water. If we arent told what it is or how it works(questions I have been asking but getting no answers) then whats the point of these other questions? Would you pay $200 for a bottle of distilled water? Would you care how often you have to apply it?

Very strange...

bug

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:19 pm

bug...

i'm pretty sure if you re-read this thread you'll see that most of your questions have been answered already.

How much will it cost? $200USD as long as you buy it from the A&G website
Can I use it with other treatments? Not sure as A&G did not test it's efficacy with other treatments
How often do i have to apply it? the 5 bottles included in the package for $200USD is to be applied topically once every other day until the bottles are all empty. It depends on how much you require to completely cover your areas of concern. Dr.AQ has said earlier that his first serum's lasted almost 3 weeks i believe.
How can I get the most out of it? follow directions and use lasers? Read past comments for explanation
Does it work best with lasers? see above.
When will it be released? March 20th.

now let the doc rest unless there's new questions that haven't already been asked!

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:03 pm

Didn't bug have a cost question? :twisted:

I wish the ingredients could just be posted so we can go on from there. I guess *if* the product works..there's not much sense in arguing about what's in it is bad..or take your pick. But at least we'd know what's in it.

I thought my question on liposomes/nanosomes was relevant..and maybe Dr. AQ will touch on that yet ..but again, if the product works, it doesn't really matter.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by hulihoop » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:38 pm

I think the fact that the A&G skin treatments seem to be so highly regarded make me willing to believe there is more to this product than distilled water. That's what makes me think it might be worth taking a chance on it.

Look at it this way. It's still 13 days till the release. Lots of time to find out more about the product and hopefully hear from some of the people it was tested on. If Dr. AQ doesn't tell you what's in it before the release, and I can understand why he might not want to do that, nobody is holding a gun to your head to make you buy it on the first day. You can wait, see how the guinea pigs like me do (I will report here), and make your decision from there. Also conceivably Dr. AQ will be more willing to reveal the details of it's composition and mechanism after release. And I do recall him saying there would be information on their web site and they were in the process of updating it.

Bug, I'm not in anyway associated with A&G and am not defending the fact that they haven't answered your questions yet. On the other hand like Jacob says - if it works it doesn't matter.

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:51 pm

sw2 are you dense? I suggest you reread my post before telling me to reread the thread. I was pointing out that those questions are ridiculous. They are not my questions.I would never ask such questions without knowing how the product works and what its ingredients are.

Let me rephrase them and since we have no idea what this product is lets assume its distilled water.
How much will this distilled water cost?
Will using lasers make the distilled water work better?
How often do I have to apply the distilled water?
When will the distilled water be released?
etc etc etc..

Jacob:
My question was how could they charge double for non-US orders...it made no sense to me whether its $2.00 or $20000000.00...but that was cleared up.

hulihoop
I agree maybe we'll just have to wait until the product is released...which is my point. If no details about the ingredients are given or how the product works then this is just a waste time which is disappointing. I joined this forum because a scientist was taking questions which truly impressed me. As Jacob knows Ive been around these forums a long time(since 1993) and I don't think Ive ever seen a scientist spend this much time on a forum. If we are not getting any science then A&G might as well just send their secretary here.

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:55 pm

One correction to my last post

Dr Proctor spent a ton of time on alt.baldpsot in the mid 90's which also impressed me. He provided a ton of information.

bug

checkingin
Occasional Poster

Post by checkingin » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:08 am

Saw the picture of the bottle and treatment is supposed to consist of 5 bottles. Assume that means that there is 30 ml of solution as the picture shows 6 ml of solution. Seems to me that should be enough for 8-10 treatments easily. 3 ml of most solutions covers even NW6 areas.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:31 pm

Hello everyone !!!
Thank you very much for all of your comments and questions. Before I go around and answer questions, I want to say something. I am here not to promote A&G or try to sell products and make a quick buck. The Hair Complex, as far as the industry is concern, is a break through (you will hear me in the radio soon). I am a scientist at heart and academia runs in my blood. Both Dr. Maguire and I are professors and hold faculty positions in reputable medical schools. Sharing information and discussing science is my favorite thing to do, but I can't over look the fact that A&G is still a business. Its not as simple as academia where people are only interested in learning. Our products have been copied and our names have been used to scam people. This industry is based on superficiality and image. People are lied to by multi-billion dollars companies everyday, by using celebrities and smart packaging ideas. I know many of you have questions about the nature of the product, ingredients and mechanism of action. I understand bug's frustration with me or with the other members because there are so much garbage out there, you can't tell which one is which. I read other forums and some have said bad stuff about me and our hair product before even trying it. People are not convinced just because its to simple and too good to be true. The sad thing is I don't blame them. I will do the same if I was in their position. I know many in here have tried at least 2 or 3 products with no results. I am aware of all of this and the best you can do is to try it. We are in the same position, we did our best to develop the technology/science and test it the best way we know how. We believe our product will show results better than any other in the market as far as we know. We did not just settle for this, we went out and tested it with laser and other stuff to see if we can get it to work even better. This is not 'good business' to use other products but the truth is it helped. We made this option available for people hence Allure.
So, I am sorry for not answering your questions the way you want me to and believe me when I say, I am doing my best to answer them without giving out much. Running a business is not easy and satisfying people is the hardest thing to do.

Jacob - people who used the laser showed hair growth faster than applying it topically and other scalp conditions were fixed faster. Its like running and riding a bike. A%G Hair complex has a conditioner in it, we didn't see the need to supply it separately and increase cost. That is why we ask that you keep it on till next day :D
P.s. I got contacted by that guy who supposed to email you, He apologized for the delay as he was traveling. He will contact you soon. If he didn't please let me know and I will send another email looking for a volunteers.

hulihoop - welcome back ! I am very interested in the feedback, there is always room for improvement.

bug- I am sorry! I was not ignoring your questions and I assure you there is no distilled water in the bottles :D . Lets do this, if you start a new thread without the A&G name on it and want to discuss papers, data and talk outside the A&G hair complex, I will be more than happy to participate. Me discussing others work ad data in an A&G thread is not the place. People who are not into science will think I am agreeing with it and using in in the A&G Hair Complex, which A&G would like to keep it unknown. Remember A&G Hair complex is not a drug. The ingredients will be list and its going to be available on our website. Our products are produced in FDA approved facilities and we just can not put water and say its good for the hair. There are laws and regulations we have to follow.
bug- I know you are a gentleman and a nice smart man, calling sw2 'dense' is not cool. If names start flying around, I will stop participating. If you apologize for SW2, it will mean a lot to me and I will highly appreciate it. I know you don't mean it !

Checkingin- Yes, our initial thoughts were 3-4 ml but we pushed it to 6 ml to give everyone enough to use.

WOW!! this is a long post.. have a good reading :D
my Qs:
- anyone know how many members are in this forum or how many clicked on this thread ?
- can people who are members here when reading this tell me where they from (country) and state ? this will be of a great help.

Cheers,
A

Whoop
Regular Poster

Post by Whoop » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:03 pm

As you wanted to know where the readers came from, I'll now stop just lurking and give the needed info O:)

Netherlands!

I have a question also. On your website there are pictures of u and the other docter. You said u both tried the product with succes, but on the pictures I must say there isn't much of a regression (ofcourse I know those pictures were not taken to show your hairline ;)). I want to ask if the other people who tried it had more receded hairlines? And did it the product then also work as well as with you?

And do you have any idea btw when the A&G website will be updated?

I'm getting so excited by all this, reminds me of waiting for santa when I was young lol.

Irishpete
Regular Poster

Post by Irishpete » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi Dr AG

Many thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions. As you can tell from my handle name im from Ireland :P and waiting impatiently for the release date \:D/

Swoosh
Regular Poster

Post by Swoosh » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:39 pm

Hi Dr. AQ,

All of this sounds extremely promising, although I am a bit wary about trying this product because of the unknown safety record. How do I know this won't be something that is bad for me or my hair in the long run?

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:47 pm

Hi Dr. AQ,

I'm from USA, PA

Yes finally someone asks about the SAFETY of this product, thx swoosh...

Health will always be the number one concern for me, hair is second. O:)

Have you done any studies on safety, and what about the short and long term side effects if any?

Thank You!

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:54 pm

Thanks you guys, I know people from Europe have heard of this through a newspaper (i won't name) and had wanted exclusive interview but we had to decline. The product won't be available till late of this year as EU regulation/paper work takes a long time. As a result, we open the door for international orders with free shipping to give everyone a chance to try it.

Whoop - Thank you, I was in Amsterdam 2 years ago while touring europe ( I am a football fan). The A&G site will be done hopefully sometime this week. We are doing total upgrade of http://www.agskinsolutions.com and its not easy. Jacob will in contact with one of the people who tried it, he will post it here (i think/ hope) I am not going to be involved with them this way I don't influence their discussion. We are excited too, because we've been waiting for this for almost 2 years. Thanks again for the info.

Irishpete - Thank you for the info. You will be surprise about this but I went to school in Ireland -Dublin. I lived in Rathgar. Stephen's green is my favorite park. The release date is March 20th 2009. I will personally ship your order (my way of saying thank you) :D

Swoosh- We did the standard tests required to check for safety. We have 100% safety record. The ingredients used are registered and have no history of long term damage.

Kamui - Thank you! Through our studies with the hair Complex and our other products, there have been no reported side effects. Our Skin Care products been in the market for a year and a half and we did not receive any complains.

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:28 pm

Hey Bug i just read your original post and i think i should be the apologizing. I was out for a rigorous day in the mountains, beat down and tired - didn't read the line ("I find it a little ridiculous that people are asking things like:" ) before your questions and thought you were asking the repeatedly answered quetsions:

definitely my wrong, and i should have read it.

Thanks Dr.AQ for keeping the peace btw =;

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:42 pm

Dr.AQ wrote: - anyone know how many members are in this forum or how many clicked on this thread ?
A
I just looked and so far this thread has had 1,097 views. That can be seen here http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=9

Dr. AQ, Thank you so much for taking the time to post on this forum. It is much appreciated. I look forward to using your hair serum.

I have a couple of questions-

1. Is the serum seem more effective on subjects with diffuse thinning or receding hairline/bald crown?
2. What is the time frame for cosmetically beneficial hair growth when this product is used with and without lasers? In other words the time from the completion of the 5 treatments to the time of no further improvement.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:47 pm

btw...USA, CA