A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Re: A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Post by HairLossFight.com » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:06 am

Live chat tonight, 5:30pm Pacific Time (8:30pm Eastern Time).

No guarantee, but Dr. AQ advised that he *may* attend.

To participate, join My.HairLossFight.com here: http://my.hairlossfight.com/account/register.php. It takes about 30 seconds to sign-up. Use your same nickname as in these forums. Right after you sign-up, take a moment to upload a profile picture. You can do this right from the first page that comes up after you sign-up. To join the chat, click Chat in the menu at the top of the page. The chat client doesn't work well with Internet Explorer, so try to use Firefox if you can.

Looking forward to chatting with you there!

Sam

Irishpete
Regular Poster

Post by Irishpete » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:12 am

HairLossFight.com wrote:Live chat tonight, 5:30pm Pacific Time (8:30pm Eastern Time).

No guarantee, but Dr. AQ advised that he *may* attend.

To participate, join My.HairLossFight.com here: http://my.hairlossfight.com/account/register.php. It takes about 30 seconds to sign-up. Use your same nickname as in these forums. Right after you sign-up, take a moment to upload a profile picture. You can do this right from the first page that comes up after you sign-up. To join the chat, click Chat in the menu at the top of the page. The chat client doesn't work well with Internet Explorer, so try to use Firefox if you can.

Looking forward to chatting with you there!

Sam
Thanks Sam. Is it possible to have a transcript of the live chat published for the benefit of us Europeans who will be in the land of Zzzzzzs at that time :D cheers

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by Jacob » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:43 pm

I think that would scare people away from participating in chat..if those not participating- everyone from everywhere...were allowed to read it. IMO.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:50 pm

@IrishPete, I'm not against the idea, but I currently don't yet know how to do this technically with the chat function. I will investigate though, and if I can find a way I may implement it.

Tonight's chat won't be transcripted unfortunately.

Regards,
Sam

hairquest1
Regular Poster

Post by hairquest1 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi everyone!
A little note, for those who are interested, i have finally received my product! yes, i have it! :-"
Now, the most important part begins, see if if this product actually works...time will tell ! O:)

Jajo
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV

Post by Jajo » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:14 pm

Jacob wrote:I think that would scare people away from participating in chat..if those not participating- everyone from everywhere...were allowed to read it. IMO.
Why - were you planning on putting on your girlish flirt with the good doctor!? :-s ;-)

Jajo

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:24 pm

Oh yeah..that's it :roll:

:lol:

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:28 pm

u guys any updates please!? \:D/

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:11 pm

Jacob wrote:Oh yeah..that's it :roll:

;-)

So how'd the chat go this evening? I was aimed and ready when a friend from out west called that I havent spoke to in ages...

Jajo

Swoosh
Regular Poster

Post by Swoosh » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:33 pm

Pics? :roll:

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:29 pm

Jajo wrote:
Jacob wrote:Oh yeah..that's it :roll:

;-)

So how'd the chat go this evening? I was aimed and ready when a friend from out west called that I havent spoke to in ages...

Jajo
It went real well. Sam was late as usual..with another lame excuse. Just kidding :D
Dr. AQ didn't make it, if anyone is wondering.

mrw
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: 5% minox, spiro lotion, AG Hair Complex (starting 3/29/09)

Post by mrw » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:33 pm

1 MONTH ON AGHC UPDATE

Well, it has been one month since I started the AGHC (3 weeks since my last application). I hesitate to post this because I cant report this as a miracle yet, which I know most are hoping it is. What I can tell you is this:

Pros:
My scalp feels pretty good
Less oily
Scalp is less "stiff" and more pliable, feels healthier

Cons:
Hair is really dried out and brittle, looks like crap
I have lost TONS of hair- I mean I have shed a tremendous amount. I say this in the least emotional, most scientific way- a vast quantity of hair.

I have been on rogaine for a year (applied 2x a day) and in the beginning I shed a little as was to be expected, but it paled in comparison to the shedding seen with the AGHC. On the rogaine I have been just moving along with no change for a good six months, nice and steady. Then I use the AGHC and 2 weeks later...left temple- GONE, Right temple- almost gone. Crown is now see thru. I cannot stress how severe this shed has been. My hair is no longer cosmetically viable. I have shed both weak hairs and strong healthy, thick hairs.

I know many of you might be thinking- "oh, a shed is good, you will respond well", however, I dont feel that way because based on previous experience I have never once recovered from a shed. Once its gone its gone. Who knows maybe with this it will be different, but Im not holding my breath.

I know some follow up questions to this will ensue so I will try and anticipate them and give the following answers:
1. yes, I experienced the AGHC itch/tingle from day one
2. I used one vial per treatment every other day followed by 5-10 minute massage
3. No I did not use lasers, but I dermarolled with a 1mm roller before treatment
4. I did use rogaine 5% on the AGHC off days and still use it now 2x a day
5. No, I did not take pics- I wish I did, but I didnt. sorry.

I hope some of you are having better luck than me so far. I also fully expect Dr. AQ to say in response to this "this is normal, you are responding well." It seems that everything anyone has experienced is "normal and responding well."

Lets hope this ends up regrowing all that it has taken away- who knows, it might. All I can do now is stay positive.

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:23 pm

mrw wrote:1 MONTH ON AGHC UPDATE

Well, it has been one month since I started the AGHC (3 weeks since my last application). I hesitate to post this because I cant report this as a miracle yet, which I know most are hoping it is. What I can tell you is this:

Pros:
My scalp feels pretty good
Less oily
Scalp is less "stiff" and more pliable, feels healthier

Cons:
Hair is really dried out and brittle, looks like crap
I have lost TONS of hair- I mean I have shed a tremendous amount. I say this in the least emotional, most scientific way- a vast quantity of hair.

I have been on rogaine for a year (applied 2x a day) and in the beginning I shed a little as was to be expected, but it paled in comparison to the shedding seen with the AGHC. On the rogaine I have been just moving along with no change for a good six months, nice and steady. Then I use the AGHC and 2 weeks later...left temple- GONE, Right temple- almost gone. Crown is now see thru. I cannot stress how severe this shed has been. My hair is no longer cosmetically viable. I have shed both weak hairs and strong healthy, thick hairs.

I know many of you might be thinking- "oh, a shed is good, you will respond well", however, I dont feel that way because based on previous experience I have never once recovered from a shed. Once its gone its gone. Who knows maybe with this it will be different, but Im not holding my breath.

I know some follow up questions to this will ensue so I will try and anticipate them and give the following answers:
1. yes, I experienced the AGHC itch/tingle from day one
2. I used one vial per treatment every other day followed by 5-10 minute massage
3. No I did not use lasers, but I dermarolled with a 1mm roller before treatment
4. I did use rogaine 5% on the AGHC off days and still use it now 2x a day
5. No, I did not take pics- I wish I did, but I didnt. sorry.

I hope some of you are having better luck than me so far. I also fully expect Dr. AQ to say in response to this "this is normal, you are responding well." It seems that everything anyone has experienced is "normal and responding well."

Lets hope this ends up regrowing all that it has taken away- who knows, it might. All I can do now is stay positive.
mrw -

I really wish you had taken pictures - especially with your results being so dramatic.

IF this is to work as has been outlined by the Doc, your results (albeit a cosmetic retreat) thus far, should foretell a proportionally dramatic regrowth result going forward. I HOPE for your sake, and others like myself that are either just getting started (or about to) that this is the case! I really mean it!

So - if this does turn out to be the case, your photos would have brought comfort and encouragement to all following in your/our footsteps. Dramatically!

Good luck man (fingers crossed for ya!)
Jajo

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:23 pm

mrw: I am sorry to hear about your situation. From our study, some trialists did experience excessive hair shedding but the final results were very positive. I am happy to hear about the scalp condition, this is always a positive sign. I am glad to see that you are being positive and I am sure things will turn around for you soon. Please keep us posted with you progress and good luck.

mrw
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: 5% minox, spiro lotion, AG Hair Complex (starting 3/29/09)

Post by mrw » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:36 pm

Jajo wrote:
mrw -

I really wish you had taken pictures - especially with your results being so dramatic.

IF this is to work as has been outlined by the Doc, your results (albeit a cosmetic retreat) thus far, should foretell a proportionally dramatic regrowth result going forward. I HOPE for your sake, and others like myself that are either just getting started (or about to) that this is the case! I really mean it!

So - if this does turn out to be the case, your photos would have brought comfort and encouragement to all following in your/our footsteps. Dramatically!

Good luck man (fingers crossed for ya!)
Jajo
Jajo-

I wish I took pics too. I chose not to because I tend to obsess over them and constantly check. I prefer to take things one day at a time otherwise my hairloss ends up running my life. I realize that being in a community like this people are counting on the earlier triers to take pics that it was selfish of me not to. Sorry about that. It also has the burden of not substantiating my claims. Although, many people did take pics and good ones at that, so, we can watch their progress. Oh yeah and my camera sucks :lol:

Good luck all

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:58 am

mrw sorry body please keep us informed of your situation,thanks for the update. I did not want to mix the AGHC with minoxidil. Because minoxidil realy just slowed the thining, Minoxidil foam makes my hair appear thicker but it is not strong enough to stop the loss. I shaved my head before the first AGHC application, I scratch my head with a very fine metal comb before applying the complex. I use one vial for two applications because with short hair you need alot less to saturate the skin, I rub it in for 10 min with a plastic glove on. I wish it was an injectable.

ANYBODY WITH A POSITIVE UPDATE :?: :idea: :idea:

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:31 pm

Hey guys,

A few of you were asking for more details about my scalp condition so here is my best attempt to describe it:

General redness from crown to just behind the hairline. This is most visible when see from an oblique angle rather than from directly above. Burning feeling to touch if I run my fingers over it and create ANY friction a lot like a sunburn feels like. A generalized itch. Initially I had a "hair pain" at the hair roots associated with it which I felt if I ran my hand against the grain or lay of my hair.

The good news is this has subsided dramatically in the last couple of days. My family GP thought it was psoriasis but also thought it looked like an allergic reaction. He gave me a steroid/anti psoriatic medication that I have used only twice. It makes my head itch more initially before bringing some degree of relief after 12 hours but it is terribly messy to use. I have reverted to the use of emu oil and a mild shampoo and that seems to be bringing things back under control to a degree. I have doubts it is psoriasis as the flaking etc just isn't there.

Currently I feel like there is a slow process of return to health for my scalp. There are large parts of the day where it feels normal and it feels normal after showering again which it didn't for a long time. It looks better but still is reddish in areas - some more than others - but better than it was. A side note is that my hair in these areas appears thicker at the base than it did and seems healthier. Not sure whether that is the case or my imagination but it seems that the long hair on my top is pretty indistinguishable from the long hair on my sides. I am still losing hair, primarily from my hairline and primarily shorter hairs but at a much slower rate than I was. I can see all of the empty follicles but don't see any activity in them. It is clear there is a ways to go to get my scalp looking like it does in the healthy areas like the back and sides but I feel I have actually made progress since my last post so that is at least a good sign. btw...tomorrow will be 21 days since my first A&G application.

I am still doubtful that I am going to see any results from this application. I just can't see how the follicle health could improve through all that irritation and inflammation even with the stimulation the HC provided, however I will admit that anything is possible. I am moving from somewhat depressed by the whole thing to cautiously optimistic as my scalp is making slow but I feel perceptable progress. I agree entirely with Dr. AQ re the importance of scalp health so that is my priority. As it gets better hopefully the hair health will improve and at some point in a month or so maybe I can try the HC again. For now my dilemma is whether or not to laser or not. I have been away in NYC for the past week and was unable to laser. This has coincided with an improvement in my scalp. All information available indicates lasers should help my scalp but maybe in this state it needs to recover a little more before it will be useful. I am really not sure what I will do.

Hope that answers the questions. Will keep you posted.

huli

hairquest1
Regular Poster

Post by hairquest1 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:18 pm

Thanks Hulli,
I wish you a fast recover and more great news about the results!

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:31 pm

I've been around these types of forums for many years now, and have seen quite a few complaints about PG, and even alcohol. It is something almost everybody wishes were not in products.

I really wish A&G would go the lipo or nano route. Caregen has done that..Follizin..etc. There are other benefits besides getting away from alcohol and pg- see http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... php?p=1402

kamisama
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamisama » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 pm

Jacob wrote:I've been around these types of forums for many years now, and have seen quite a few complaints about PG, and even alcohol. It is something almost everybody wishes were not in products.

I really wish A&G would go the lipo or nano route. Caregen has done that..Follizin..etc. There are other benefits besides getting away from alcohol and pg- see http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... php?p=1402

i dont know about this, but is cost the problem? like using nano will drive up the cost insanely? If not i dont see other reasons not to go in that direction.

kamisama
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamisama » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 pm

Huli,

thanks for the in depth description. Speedy recovery to u!

Regards

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:40 pm

kamisama wrote:
Jacob wrote:I've been around these types of forums for many years now, and have seen quite a few complaints about PG, and even alcohol. It is something almost everybody wishes were not in products.

i dont know about this, but is cost the problem? like using nano will drive up the cost insanely? If not i dont see other reasons not to go in that direction.
It may..or may not. Depends upon what they'd go with and what type of volume they'd be making/selling. They could at least offer it for those who wouldn't mind paying the extra...and/or didn't want alcohol and/or pg...or didn't want to have to massage it in so long. Plus all the other, possible, benefits..some of which are listed in that thread.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 pm

And btw..your last question to Dr AQ in the other thread reminded me of something. Yes, the scalp can easily react to something your face or other body part won't react to. A person can be using a hair product- shampoo or whatever..that irritates the heck outta their scalp, and yet even along the sides and back of the head and other places the product contacts- it doesn't bother them. I'm speaking from person experience, as well as having read that from others. The same for an allergic type of reaction to food- your scalp can go nuts and the rest of you is fine.

But even if irritation/inflammation isn't noticeable..there's micro-inflammation. Which was a big topic some time ago..in other forums at least. Here's a page on that: http://www.lipoxidil.com/site/microinflammation.php

kamisama
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamisama » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:11 pm

Regarding the batch of higher cost of complex, it is really a good idea as im sure many of us are willing to pay as long as there is results. But again, the cost would be a problem, at least at this stage of time, where the a&g's effectiveness is still unknown. So to make a batch of nano or lipo, with no substantial demand for it, would not be economical on their side, both time and money. Unless well, they can be so damn sure and confident of its effectiveness as the demand for it (if it really works) will be exploding out of universe.

And thanks for the info on inflammation. scan through it reading the highlighted areas. Come to think of it, certain food seem to make my scalp itch. One such food i think is peanuts.

driver52
Regular Poster

Post by driver52 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:50 pm

Dr.AQ wrote:mrw: I am sorry to hear about your situation. From our study, some trialists did experience excessive hair shedding but the final results were very positive. I am happy to hear about the scalp condition, this is always a positive sign. I am glad to see that you are being positive and I am sure things will turn around for you soon. Please keep us posted with you progress and good luck.
I wonder how long this shed will last. I am almost at a month since I started AGHC and at first it seemed as though my shedding was slowing...but I think that that could have been due to all the hairs coming out during the massage that would have usually came out in the shower. Now it has been a couple weeks since my last application and it seems as though the shedding is accelerating. I shook my dry hair over the sink after a shower and at least 20 hairs landed in the sink..mostly of my normal hair length. This is kind of depressing but I still have hope that things will turn around. What else can I do right

driver52
Regular Poster

Post by driver52 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:52 pm

Also I have had quite a bit of flaky skin coming off my scalp for the past 2 weeks or so...hopefully that subsides soon

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri May 01, 2009 7:38 am

kamisama wrote:Regarding the batch of higher cost of complex, it is really a good idea as im sure many of us are willing to pay as long as there is results. But again, the cost would be a problem, at least at this stage of time, where the a&g's effectiveness is still unknown. So to make a batch of nano or lipo, with no substantial demand for it, would not be economical on their side, both time and money. Unless well, they can be so damn sure and confident of its effectiveness as the demand for it (if it really works) will be exploding out of universe.

And thanks for the info on inflammation. scan through it reading the highlighted areas. Come to think of it, certain food seem to make my scalp itch. One such food i think is peanuts.

I agree..if there are no results, or very little, for the vast majority of us already using it..there's no point in making it lipo/nanosomal since we were told that this stuff works the way it is. Even when LLLT isn't used- it is just supposed to take a bit more time for it to work. In that liposome thread, there's an example of something that worked with a liposomal type vehicle..but it didn't work with a "regular" vehicle. But again, since this stuff is supposed to work wonders already..

I can see a lipo/nano version if there are some decent results but it's obvious it's going to have to be used over and over every 2 months or so.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Fri May 01, 2009 7:25 pm

What's up everybody. So a quick update from me, it is day 31 since the first day I started to use the treatment and here is how it went:

During treatment I had very little if any tingle/itchyness I could positively attribute to A&G. I did have massive amounts of dead skin coming off my head though.

I changed all of the following things just before starting A&G:
------------------
discontinue revivogen at hairline at night
discontinue super zix II 2x a day
discontinue coconut oil prewash conditioner
discontinue nioxin scalp therapy/conditioner
reduced finasteride dosage to .75mg/Day instead of 1mg/day
slacking on taking my vitamins.

Since finishing I have gone back to the following...
---------------
using Super Zix II 2x a day again.

After 5-7 days since finishing A&G my head was/is driving me insane with tingle/itchiness. It feels just as bad (good?) as when I just started taking propecia a long time ago.

Positive signs? There are new hairs coming in at my most receded temple, no doubt about it. The peach fuzz upwards from the sideburn is growing longer as well. I also feel like my overall head seems to look better, though that could be just because it is getting longer.

Right now, it is still too early to give a fair assessment of whether or not this is worth it, but I would say the signs are looking positive... now I just need to get some significant hair back.

I will repost my pictures soon, I took them down because I didn't want bug making off with my bald noodle and posting it all over the internet.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Fri May 01, 2009 7:35 pm

perga wrote:What's up everybody. So a quick update from me, it is day 31 since the first day I started to use the treatment and here is how it went:

During treatment I had very little if any tingle/itchyness I could positively attribute to A&G. I did have massive amounts of dead skin coming off my head though.

I changed all of the following things just before starting A&G:
------------------
discontinue revivogen at hairline at night
discontinue super zix II 2x a day
discontinue coconut oil prewash conditioner
discontinue nioxin scalp therapy/conditioner
reduced finasteride dosage to .75mg/Day instead of 1mg/day
slacking on taking my vitamins.

Since finishing I have gone back to the following...
---------------
using Super Zix II 2x a day again.

After 5-7 days since finishing A&G my head was/is driving me insane with tingle/itchiness. It feels just as bad (good?) as when I just started taking propecia a long time ago.

Positive signs? There are new hairs coming in at my most receded temple, no doubt about it. The peach fuzz upwards from the sideburn is growing longer as well. I also feel like my overall head seems to look better, though that could be just because it is getting longer.

Right now, it is still too early to give a fair assessment of whether or not this is worth it, but I would say the signs are looking positive... now I just need to get some significant hair back.

I will repost my pictures soon, I took them down because I didn't want bug making off with my bald noodle and posting it all over the internet.
This is excellent news, but would you say the response is on par with the hair growth the man got on the A&G website after 1 month? I know the pictures aren't very good but I do see hair growth.

kamisama
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamisama » Fri May 01, 2009 8:19 pm

guys, i actually have a ques that has been bugging me for quite some time. This is not related to a&g but i would like to ask here as this is the thread with most traffic. Mod please remove if you find it appropriate. thanks in advance.

The ques is, what is the actual relationship between scalp hair and body hair? i know that DHT actually stimulates body hair, this would mean that there is an inverse r/s between the two. but yet sometimes i come across articles or experiments that seem to support the other end. For example, i read an experiment by someone (i think at hlt) who try rubbing nizoral cream on his wrist and realise the hair grows darker/thicker after some time. Yea so in summary, if a product thickens or grew hair on body hair, does it works for scalp or is it actually an inverse relationship (stop body hair growth = possibly grow scalp hair)

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Fri May 01, 2009 8:33 pm

perga wrote: I also feel like my overall head seems to look better, though that could be just because it is getting longer.
perga -

I didn't know head elongation was a side-effect of AGHC!? ;-)

Seriously though - glad things are moving in a good direction for you. BTW - for reference sake in following your progress, what Norwood are you? (I never saw your pictures when they were up)

Jajo

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri May 01, 2009 8:52 pm

Jajo wrote:Seriously though - glad things are moving in a good direction for you. BTW - for reference sake in following your progress, what Norwood are you? (I never saw your pictures when they were up)
Hey Perga, good to see you back. I wondered why you deleted those pics... :lol:

There's a way you can control who can see your albums by the way. Did you know that? You can add an album, and only allow your friends in the My.HairLossFight.com section to see them. Here's how: Click "Tools" in the menu at the top of the My.HairLossFight.com page, then choose "Photos" from the menu, then in the left-side bar click "Create new album". The following page comes up:
add_new_album_friends_only.png
add_new_album_friends_only.png (72.44 KiB) Viewed 49885 times
In the picture above, I have zoomed in on the dropdown box that lets you select who can see your albums. Your choices are Public, Private, Logged in Users, and Friends. If you choose Private, then ONLY you can see your album. That way you don't have to delete it if you ever want to share it again. If you choose Logged in Users, then only users logged into My.HairLossFight.com can see it. If you choose Friends, then only people that you have added as friends to your profile can see it. That way, you can limit the view to only specific people or groups. If someone isn't a member of My.HairLossFight.com then if you choose either Logged In Users or Friends, then the public can't see it.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Sam

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Sat May 02, 2009 2:05 am

If one were to use a Derma Roller for the sole purpose to aid absoption of the AGHC, what size is best for this purpose? I've read so many conflicting articles on Dermarolling (in general). It seems most recommend a .5mm for the purpose of facilitating absorption of topicals. I'm sure this is sufficient - but is is there any benefit to using a .75 or a 1.0mm roller? OR for that matter, is there a reason why anyone would suggest not using one period, irrespective of size?

Knowledgable input would be greatly appreciated!

Jajo

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Sat May 02, 2009 2:27 am

about 4 week update for me,

no new hairs from last time I posted pics. shedding is down dramatically, very rarely see hairs in shower or sink. small hairs that grew at the beginning are now getting longer.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sat May 02, 2009 7:25 am

@goten: actually, that seems to be what is happening for me. The hair just seems thicker than it used to. I don't want to jump the gun here, because really, at this point it is not $200.00 worth of thickness, and could just be my imagination in any case... but thus far I am pleased. It looks like the guy on the website didn't really see that much until week 12, though those pictures are really pretty bad. His hair is clearly longer at week 12. Bleh. Who knows... I'll keep you guys updated.

@jajo: My norwood is very low, but that's because I am a diffuse thinner. My entire NW7 is drastically (at least, to my eyes) thinner than it used to be.

@sam: that's actually really helpful! Thanks.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sat May 02, 2009 9:10 am

So I added my albums back as "friends" only, and put up a few new pictures. I added everybody that added me a while back.

Also, Sam, is that linux + gnome I see in that screeny? What distro do you use?

mouse
Occasional Poster

Post by mouse » Sat May 02, 2009 11:03 am

i have a few quick questions - i apologize if any of this has been covered already:

-will this formula do anything to restore hair color? it would make intuitive sense given the science behind it, but no mention has been made. i have been experimenting for years with products to try reverse graying, and nothing has had even a slight effect. i'm hoping that the emerging "stem cell" type approach might show positive signs.

-is this more effective in the early/preventive stages? on that note, would a once a year type of schedule be necessary for ongoing treatment? i still have the vast majority of my hair, just want to keep it that way for as long as i can.

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily

Post by dreamlandman » Sat May 02, 2009 2:36 pm

mouse wrote:i have a few quick questions - i apologize if any of this has been covered already:

-will this formula do anything to restore hair color? it would make intuitive sense given the science behind it, but no mention has been made. i have been experimenting for years with products to try reverse graying, and nothing has had even a slight effect. i'm hoping that the emerging "stem cell" type approach might show positive signs.
Hi Mouse.

I can possibly answer the first question. Dr AQ said somewhere that it will not restore hair colour from grey back to normal colour in hair that is already terminal/normal etc but with hair that has been miniaturised to barely visible etc and comes back to life as part of the possible regrowth, it should regain its original colour.
From memory I read that somewhere....I think.... :-s

Justin

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sun May 03, 2009 7:12 pm

Who is gonna inject this stuff? LOL :-$ :-$

Mrhairs
Regular Poster

Post by Mrhairs » Mon May 04, 2009 3:44 am

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... TARTPAGE=2

A forum user has used this product
http://www.boundarywaters.biz/noname4.html
This product has the same ingredients of a&g hair complex and the forum user has had nothing result. I am always more convinced that a&g hair complex at the end will not be a very good product

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Mon May 04, 2009 5:22 am

Hey Mrhairs,

That is NOT the same ingredients as the AGHC. What you supplied a link to is a skin care product not one designed for hair. Totally different. I am not even sure if the ingredients in the product you linked to are the same as A&G's skin care products. Dr. AQ clearly said the hair and skin products they make have different ingredients - the human fibroblast conditioned media in each is actually different with different growth factors. So you can't judge the potential efficacy of the AGHC off of that.

I don't know if it will work or not either. Nobody amongst us forum users has posted that they are growing heaps of hair, yet Dr. AQ says that is happening with others and he is getting lots of emails informing him of that. Too bad that isn't happening with any of us. Too bad as well those people aren't sharing it with us on the forum. I do think some of us will see some moderate results with this but it will take longer than the 4 weeks or so that any of us have been using it for.

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Mon May 04, 2009 6:56 am

I'm about 35 days from my first application. I got 11 treatments out of my 5 vials.

Things I noticed:

- I did get a small itch.
- I did get some dead skin
- Scalp felt great
- I see a few, very few, new terminal hairs
- A few of my existing, slow growing, at the hairline hairs have grown more in the last week than they have in months.
- Some more colorless hairs

Mrhairs
Regular Poster

Post by Mrhairs » Mon May 04, 2009 7:12 am

hulihoop wrote: Nobody amongst us forum users has posted that they are growing heaps of hair, yet Dr. AQ says that is happening with others and he is getting lots of emails informing him of that. Too bad that isn't happening with any of us. Too bad as well those people aren't sharing it with us on the forum.
Why hair growth with other yes e with us no? always justification, all this justification that Dr Aq tells don't convice me

hulihoop wrote: I do think some of us will see some moderate results with this but it will take longer than the 4 weeks or so that any of us have been using it for.
moderate results?
all this advertising for moderate results? Dr Aq even tells that a&g hair complex is more effective of propecia (finasteride 1 mg) and rogaine (minoxidil 5% 2ml/day). At the end this product will be able only to improve the scalp and not for hair regrowth

mouse
Occasional Poster

Post by mouse » Mon May 04, 2009 8:40 am

for those who have used it - this is hard to quantify, of course, but how effective do you think HC is at simply preventing hair loss due to improved scalp condition as opposed to causing miraculous regrowth? of course both are equally important. many people are reporting that their scalp feels rejuvenated after treatment - this alone might make it worthwhile.

mm12
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: Rogaine, Avodart

Post by mm12 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:52 am

it has been over a month that I used first the hair complex still losing hairs during shower. it could be due to lowering minox. since I started hc I lowered minox to once a day. any four weeks are too short for the results. I expect to see something (if) during week 8 and 10.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:14 am

The good thing about A&G is, you don't have to continue using it for the several months ahead to see results, you just use the 5 bottles and then wait. If you had to constantly use it for those several months, you would have people dropping out and then you never know if it works or not.

Mrhairs
Regular Poster

Post by Mrhairs » Mon May 04, 2009 9:43 am

mouse wrote: many people are reporting that their scalp feels rejuvenated after treatment - this alone might make it worthwhile.
If a&g hair complex gives only scalp rejuvenated, I and many people not need. there is need of a product that replace rogaine 5% or propecia, otherwise a&g hair complex not is nothing of innovative,
dott Aq has been clear, a&g hair complex is more effective of propecia and regaine, if a&g hair complex is only a scalp rejuvenation without stop hair loss and regrowth, for me would be a scam

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Mon May 04, 2009 10:22 am

Mrhairs wrote:
mouse wrote: many people are reporting that their scalp feels rejuvenated after treatment - this alone might make it worthwhile.
If a&g hair complex gives only scalp rejuvenated, I and many people not need. there is need of a product that replace rogaine 5% or propecia, otherwise a&g hair complex not is nothing of innovative,
dott Aq has been clear, a&g hair complex is more effective of propecia and regaine, if a&g hair complex is only a scalp rejuvenation without stop hair loss and regrowth, for me would be a scam
I agree completely

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Mon May 04, 2009 5:48 pm

You guys I'm on my 15th day and I'm seeing regrowtg at the hair line and temples give it more time and exclude minox it could be messing it up. I'm seeing it and others are also so patients , I don't think it is placibo but I will wait till Its over then I'll judge

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Mon May 04, 2009 6:00 pm

Mrhairs wrote:
Over 60% of Hair loss is as a result of unhealthy scalp. Regrowing hair and ignoring the scalp is why until today there have been no effective hair loss treatments. The second important thing in fighting hair loss is prevention, prevention is better than cure. I know many people here is counting the new hair and not even looking at their scalp and the healthiness of their existing hairs. I know many have reported a healthier scalp and a color restoration of the hair but went by with no acknowledgement from the people here.

Mrhairs : I don't think the word 'Scam' is appropriate. I will appreciate it if you don't call us a scam.

Thanks