A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

SW2
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Post by SW2 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:42 pm

Hey Dr.AQ,

Just a few questions that i thought of while i was away ...

1. Will the serum cause any fall out of existing hair? What should we expect for a fall out post treatment - say i'm losing 100 hairs/day, will i continue to lose hair in your experience or are existing hairs protected against dht and other factors causing hair loss?

2. Will the complex be on-sale on A&G's website starting friday, march 20th @ 12:00am sharp?

3. Is there anything post-treatment that can be done to speed up results? ie) lasering / vitamins & supplements / shampoo's / topicals?

4. If applied before bed and allowed to dry (minimum 10 minutes), is it recommended to wash the hair in the morning? or will leaving the solution on the scalp serve some benefit?

5. Has the serum been tested on females? Efficacy?

.. and i think that's it ... For Now!!

thanks again .. now if only we begin treatment!

astro_boy
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Experimenting like Crazy

Post by astro_boy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:32 pm

Another question Dr. AQ,

If the serum is used regularly, is there the possibility of the hair follicle becoming immune to it or developing a dependency on it?

I assume also that there is a limited number of effective applications before the serum has done all it can do, after a certain amount of applications would you stop seeing any result at all?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:29 pm

Greetings everyone, again I will have to keep this short :(

Whoop : Please don't play with sleeping pills, you are making me worry. :shock: :D

Kamui : 1) A good question and to tell you the truth, I don't know. I think if they repeat it over and over, the chances are they might. The good thing is, eyebrows and nasal hair have limited growth mechanism, since the shaft can not be supported by the underlying follicles. 2) NO dropper.

Swoosh : Things just don't happen suddenly, for example, we know that smoking cause cancer, its a known fact and its been supported by many scientific data. However, do we know how long till we develop cancer or what kind of tumor will result from smoking, lung, tounge, mouth, throat ect. There are many unknown and your theory can be applied to everything, but unless there is a scientific reason or link that these ingredients are linked to cancer or tumors, then making the assumption alone without any data is unscientific and wrong.

Astro_boy : I think it will be better of you wait for the results before you do the second treatment. Also, its a good idea to allow the hair to grow and build on it. Giving the hair follicles a time to recover and build a momentum is always good.
I don't think the hair will be immune to the complex, because many factors in the complex are naturally found in the hair follicle, it will only fill in the missing factors and help the follicle recover. The complex support the hair follicle and does not limit its production. In theory, the follicle should return to its natural form and not be relaying on the complex.

cld517 : To make it simple, always start with the laser before applying the complex, the rest of the details are up to you :D . This way you will benefit from both ends.

SW2 : Welcome back ! 1) some have reported a little fall out at the beginning but this is expected, as the complex will stimulate the follicle making it expand in size, thus hair trapped will fall off.
2) Yes, We will have it before midnight so that we monitor the traffic and make sure things goes as planned.
3) We have not looked into it yet, I think once we see a demand, we will start thinking about a supplements to support the complex.
4)We recommend to use it in the morning and not at night, because you want the solution to be on the scalp for as long as possible. When you sleep, you will rub your head against the pillow and that might wipe off the solution.
5) GREAT Q, Yes, 20% of the people tested were female and worked as good if not better. A&G hair complex is good if you want the thicken your hair. We will have data on this on the site.
We are working very hard to make sure everyone gets to try it and benefit from it. Everyone at A&G is doing great work to meet the deadline and I think they will get it done ahead of time.

Good night everyone..
p.s. I don't see Jacob here tonight... if anyone see him on the other forums tell him i said hi :D

Jajo
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood IV

Post by Jajo » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:40 pm

First off - welcome Jacob, Dr. AQ et al! I have been lurking/reading this thread with great interest for the past week and look forward to trying a course of this treatment!

Question for Dr. AQ...

Its my understanding that laser treatments are used in concert with topicals because by increasing deeper tissue blood flow (the point of laser treatments), you get a more efficient transdermal delivery of the active ingredients in said topicals. Yes/No?

So - wouldnt using the laser treatments likely INCREASE efficacy of the A&G complex (ie, more active ingredients of a given application being delivered more efficiently to where it needs to go)? and not just protract the time in which results are achieved?

Thanks for your time!
Jajo

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:39 am

Oh my good gracious, I have never been so excited to spend $200.00 in my life.

The fact that 2 doctors working in a relatively small company are capable of producing a product that (sounds like) it blows everything on the market away... blows my mind. I am currently enrolled in biochemistry (my major) and being the entrepreneurial do-it-yourself kinda guy I am, this gives me hope that anything is possible.

Of course... if it doesn't work my whole house of cards is coming tumbling down.

OH, OH... I've got a question! Dr AQ., is there any minoxidil in this product? .. Minox nearly gave me a heart attack after the first treatment. Please god say no!

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:54 am

I think I'm starting to get an idea behind the theory this product uses to combat hairloss. I have to say that even if the product doesn't work very well (but boy do I ever hope it does) I think it's a great strategy. We've all been focused so much on DHT and maybe for practicality sake that's not the answer. So glad to see someone coming at things from a fresh new angle.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:59 am

Hi Dr. AQ,

I have a couple more questions for you.

1. A lot of the forum members here and at Regrowth.com use laser helmets 3 times a week on a continual basis. Do you think using these laser helmets beyond the 5 treatments is ok or would you recommend discontinuing the laser therapy until the Hair complex has had time to take full affect.

2. Do you think a mild scalp peel such as Z-Peel 10% prior to applying the A&G Hair Complex would be beneficial as far as scalp penetration? The Z-Peel 10% is supposed to be safe for daily use on your face.

3. Does one need to be particularly careful when applying the complex to the hairline area to prevent stray hair growth forward of the hairline?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:04 pm

Dr.AQ wrote:

Good night everyone..
p.s. I don't see Jacob here tonight... if anyone see him on the other forums tell him i said hi :D
I was here in the other thread 8) Haven't heard back from Kimberly or William for a couple of days..hope it's just a vacation or something. There are a couple of threads here for you besides this one as well.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:56 pm

Jajo wrote:First off - welcome Jacob, Dr. AQ et al! I have been lurking/reading this thread with great interest for the past week and look forward to trying a course of this treatment!

Question for Dr. AQ...

Its my understanding that laser treatments are used in concert with topicals because by increasing deeper tissue blood flow (the point of laser treatments), you get a more efficient transdermal delivery of the active ingredients in said topicals. Yes/No?

So - wouldnt using the laser treatments likely INCREASE efficacy of the A&G complex (ie, more active ingredients of a given application being delivered more efficiently to where it needs to go)? and not just protract the time in which results are achieved?

Thanks for your time!
Jajo
Welcome to the forums, Jajo. Your questions there were exactly why I asked about liposomes/nanosomes. If LLLT is only or even mainly helping with delivery- delivering it more efficiently to where it needs to go, etc...that's one of the big pluses of liposomes/nanosomes. Then there's the time release bonus...enhanced stability(which may not be needed)..etc. Here's one thread on it(there have been other examples brought up I probably should have added to it) http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=862

So it would be nice..but not happening anytime soon for sure.

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:43 pm

Jacob wrote: Welcome to the forums, Jajo. Your questions there were exactly why I asked about liposomes/nanosomes. If LLLT is only or even mainly helping with delivery- delivering it more efficiently to where it needs to go, etc...that's one of the big pluses of liposomes/nanosomes. Then there's the time release bonus...enhanced stability(which may not be needed)..etc. Here's one thread on it(there have been other examples brought up I probably should have added to it) http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=862

So it would be nice..but not happening anytime soon for sure.
Jacob -

Yep - thinking back, your inquiry about the use of a liposome type vehicle was the one I most looked forward to hearing a real discussion about with Dr AQ. Too bad it was glanced over (in all fairness, if I remember correctly, he said he was tired that night) - however, I would like to hear they are at least open to investigating the possibility that a liposomal type vehicle might take what could be a golden product and turn it into platinum! Or at least, negate the use of laser treatments to get the best result. Its all speculation at this point - I want to see real anecdotal evidence (hopefully in the MIRROR!) ;-)

Back to LLLT - to me it would seem that if its use with this particular topical yielded better/faster results, then its due to more of the active ingredients getting to where they needed to be to affect a better outcome. I don't see how that the only difference could be that the same result was somehow protracted - meaning the difference in time was due to the active ingredients, what, taking weeks to migrate thru the skin to get to where it needed to be to work? (hence the delay, yet equal result) :-s

Doc?

Jajo

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:00 pm

Jajo wrote: Back to LLLT - to me it would seem that if its use with this particular topical yielded better/faster results, then its due to more of the active ingredients getting to where they needed to be to affect a better outcome. I don't see how that the only difference could be that the same result was somehow protracted - meaning the difference in time was due to the active ingredients, what, taking weeks to migrate thru the skin to get to where it needed to be to work? (hence the delay, yet equal result) :-s
I believe earlier in this thread Dr. AQ said the results were better and faster with the use of LLLT... and that some of the users that didn't respond well on the first go round without LLLT did respond to the second treatment using LLLT. I believe the laser treatments help with the absorption but also help stimulate the weak and sleeping follicles into producing terminal hairs again. Which is why I'm asking Dr. AQ the question above....whether or not to continue the laser sessions after the serum applications are finished? :?:

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:12 pm

Jajo wrote:

might take what could be a golden product and turn it into platinum!
Including the cost :shock:
Melon Collie wrote:

I believe the laser treatments help with the absorption but also help stimulate the weak and sleeping follicles into producing terminal hairs again
I haven't seen that mentioned though..and that's pretty quick(5 or so sessions) for LLLT to be able to do that. I asked before if it were anything else and just the absorption/penetration was discussed again. Maybe it's really an unknown if the LLLT really does speed things up etc.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:33 pm

Jacob, I guess I''m saying that whatever the mechanism of the serum, lasers treatments seem to boost its performance.

Dr. AQ wrote on page 4
3)without laser it goes to 8 weeks but people who did not show improvement with topical applications showed positive results with laser.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:41 pm

Jacob,
I see your point though, maybe it is just increasing the penetration. The Regrowth forum is always talking about the bio-stimulation affects...but perhaps it's increasing the absorption of whatever topicals they're using or both.

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:04 pm

Another quick question:

How viscous is the solution compared to lets say, water?

Swoosh
Regular Poster

Post by Swoosh » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:25 pm

Dr. AQ,

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but would you recommend applying the serum to all of my scalp, or just the typical MPB pattern?

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:28 pm

Melon Collie wrote:Jacob,
I see your point though, maybe it is just increasing the penetration. The Regrowth forum is always talking about the bio-stimulation affects...but perhaps it's increasing the absorption of whatever topicals they're using or both.
That was my point exactly in my first post - that LLLT likely effected a more efficient transdermal delivery of the active ingredients (was trying to decide whether to use it alone or with LLLT).

I think I have now finally come to the conclusion that I am going to use it in conjunction with LLLT - I figure why not do whatever you can to set the stage for the best possible results from the get-go. Even if I got a "good" result from the topical alone, I would always wonder if my result would have been even better had I used it with LLLT.

Anybody get a quote for what 5 or so sessions cost on average? What do these DIY helmets cost to make? I did a quick scan of someone's "how to" page last night and seems easy enough. Anyone here make one yet?

Jajo

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:21 am

Aloha everyone..
Before answering questions, I would like to apologize for all the other forums and the different threads for not participating. After joining the forum, I've been receiving 100's of emails, giving me no time to participate or even read the other forums.
short answer :

Jajo : Yes and yes.

Perga : NO MiNOXIDIL

astro-boy : Thank you :D , A&G Complex is liquid and not serum (easy to penetrate)

Melon Collie : 1) using laser with the complex is a good idea and you don't need to stop
2) you can but not necessary.. let me know what happens
3) No, I don't think that will be a problem

Jacob : She forwarded your email to me. Yes, send her an email with the arrangement and i will respond. Or email me. I am sorry to hear about William. Good to see you :D Liposomes are limited with molecular size, thus they can't carry everything (did you think of that??)

Jajo : I like your thinking :)

Melon Collie : You are right about the laser.. Laser also increases mitochondrial activity (electron shuttling) thus increasing cellular energy.

Swoosh : this is something you have to decide on, I will say lets fix what's missing first :D

I got an email asking me "what is liposome? Does ag complex have liposome inside? "
its all Jacob's fault :D

Good night or rather good morning

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:32 am

Melon Collie wrote:Jacob, I guess I''m saying that whatever the mechanism of the serum, lasers treatments seem to boost its performance.

Dr. AQ wrote on page 4
3)without laser it goes to 8 weeks but people who did not show improvement with topical applications showed positive results with laser.
I know..that's why I said "Maybe it's really an unknown if the LLLT really does speed things up etc." You can replace "if" with "how", I suppose.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:40 am

Jajo..I got a quote of $77 per LLLT session. That's using it before and after the topical, as Dr. AQ described. So I'm going to pass this time around...it's a good 30 minutes away for me as well.

Dr. AQ..yep, I thought of that..but no-one has said that's the problem here :D Caregen does encapsulate theirs, but you said you use different ingredients..and w/out knowing what those ingredients are... :!:
I did get an email from Kimberly last night..seems she's swamped. Everybody is blaming everything on me it seems :-"

edit..and I also got a response from William today 8)

cloud9
Seasoned Poster

Post by cloud9 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:23 am

I copied this from regrowth and would like Dr A.Q. to talk about it . Here is the post .

what i dont get is once the treatment is done why the process of miniturisation wouldnt start all over again. if it works to the extent claimed that would be amazing but would we need to contnue to interrupt the mpb process from starting all over again?

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:28 am

Hi foto`s are coming this weekend right?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:47 am

Dr. AQ...could you tell us a bit more about the La Jolla Institute for Research? Do you have a website for it? Thanks :wink:

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:13 am

I just saw this post over at Regrowth (in a thread saying this product is a scam):
About 3 weeks ago, I bought the A&G skin serum. Wanted to check it out for the obvious skin improvement reasons...but also to see if their products were any good before trying the hair serum.
I use lasers, so if this stuff complimented laser use with good results, I'd consider it.

My review on the skin serum...astonishingly good. Seriously. I have spent more money than I'd ever admit on "miracle" skin care products that didn't live up to the hype, but this stuff is really good. Suddenly (in the last week), I'm getting compliments on my skin every day. I NEVER hear compliments like this.

So...I can't speak for the hair serum, but based on my experience with the skin serum, I'll definitely give it a try.

The skin serum is ridiculously expensive (almost $200), but to have people start telling me how nice my skin looks after 2 weeks is something that's never had happen before.

(Hopefully, most of you know I've been around these boards (mostly HLH) for awhile. I've never endorsed anything and have no connection to this company other than having bought one bottle.)
I was thinking of doing this myself but I guess I was saving my $200 for the Hair Complex. :lol: Anyway, that testimonial is pretty much in line with whatever you can find online. And it comes from a regular, known poster as opposed to someone who might clearly be a plant. I must admit there is so much more I'd like to know about this product before I use it but patience is the operative word here. There are still 6 days till the launch. Lots of time to find more info. Then I guess I am just going to give it a go!

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:10 pm

Hey Perga, great research to pull up those links over on Regrowth. Those coupled with Joanne's experience with the skin serum and William's latest answers have me busting at the seams ready to try this stuff. I also think it is worth cutting Dr. AQ some slack. He's got a product to launch and there must be a ton of stuff involved in that, a web site to get up (I am as anxious as everyone else to see that), a business to run and I am sure a family he doesn't want to ignore. The fact that he's been here at all is amazing. If he hasn't answered every question yet they may all be answered once the web site is updated. At some point though we just have to make up our own minds to give it a try.

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:58 pm

Dr AQ

Since I cant get any answers about ingedients or how your product works I'll ask something else...

Why is the description of your skin serum a direct cut and paste from a skin product(ReLuma) by Invitrx? See both below with only the names of the product changed. It would appear ReLuma has been around since 2005 or earlier.

http://www.invitrx.com/invitra/patient_about.htm

ReLuma is an anti-aging skin serum formulated with patent-pending technology for the delivery of key growth factors found in natural human skin. These natural human growth factors include TGF-b(1-3) [Transforming growth factor beta], PDGF [Platelet derived growth factor], GM-CSF [Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor], and Interleukins (IL3, IL6-8). As we age, the production of these growth factors within skin is reduced, and leads to wrinkling and thinning of the skin.

By re-introducing these factors through daily application of ReLuma, damaged skin cells may be repaired, and skin tissue regenerated. The visible results from ReLuma are that the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles may be diminished, and smoother, more luminous skin may result. As the effects of ReLuma work through your own natural processes of skin renewal, visible results take time. Moderate skin renewal may occur within 4 weeks, but optimal improvement to your skin is generally not reached until after 3 months of daily use.

Patients from an ongoing clinical study had the following results after only 4 weeks of use with ReLuma1:
88% of the women saw improvement in overall appearance of their skin
75% experienced improvement in skin texture/smoothness
70% felt an increase in skin firmness and elasticity
70% saw a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

1. Data on file, Invitrx, Inc.

http://www.agskinsolutions.com/science.html

A & G Active Serum is an anti-aging skin serum formulated with patent-pending technology for the delivery of key growth factors found in natural human skin. These natural human growth factors include TGF-b(1-3) [Transforming growth factor beta], PDGF [Platelet derived growth factor], GM-CSF [Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor], and Interleukins (IL3, IL6-8). As we age, the production of these growth factors within skin is reduced, and leads to wrinkling and thinning of the skin.

By re-introducing these factors through daily application of A & G Active Serum, damaged skin cells are repaired, and skin tissue regenerated. The visible results from A & G Active Serum are that the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles will be diminished, and smoother, more luminous skin will result. As the effects of A & G Active Serum work through your own natural processes of skin renewal, visible results will be noticed as soon as three days. Moderate skin renewal may occur within two weeks, but optimal improvement to your skin is generally not reached until after one month of daily use. Patients from an ongoing clinical study had the following results after only four weeks of use with A & G Active Serum1:

94% of the women saw improvement in overall appearance of their skin
85% experienced improvement in skin texture/smoothness
79% felt an increase in skin firmness and elasticity
87% saw a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

1 Data on file, A & G Skin Solutions, Inc.

bug

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:05 pm

Actually I didnt read the last couple lines carefully. You changed the a&g one to say it worked faster and better....very weird!

Moderate skin renewal may occur within 4 weeks, but optimal improvement to your skin is generally not reached until after 3 months of daily use.

Patients from an ongoing clinical study had the following results after only 4 weeks of use with ReLuma1:
88% of the women saw improvement in overall appearance of their skin
75% experienced improvement in skin texture/smoothness
70% felt an increase in skin firmness and elasticity
70% saw a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

1. Data on file, Invitrx, Inc.

Moderate skin renewal may occur within two weeks, but optimal improvement to your skin is generally not reached until after one month of daily use.

Patients from an ongoing clinical study had the following results after only four weeks of use with A & G Active Serum1:

94% of the women saw improvement in overall appearance of their skin
85% experienced improvement in skin texture/smoothness
79% felt an increase in skin firmness and elasticity
87% saw a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

1 Data on file, A & G Skin Solutions, Inc.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:15 pm

Bug..this was discussed at Regrowth. It's the same product..different name..can't explain the results/%'s though. They also have another completely different line: http://www.benev.com/main.html

Edit..the other product *may* be a private label thing...as you can see in the Benev link, they do that. But I'm sure Dr. AQ knows more about it than me :lol:

Did a Whois on the second company..different reg than A&G: Torfi, Habib htorfi@invitrx.com

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:31 pm

Jacob

A&G and Invitrx are two completely different companies but I did find an association:
http://www.invitrx.com/070313_DNA-Invitrx_PR.html

Habib Torfi, CEO and Principal Founder of Invitrx, Inc, a privately held tissue engineering and stem cell corporation based in Mission Viejo, CA, announced the formation of a new company, DNA-Invitrx, Inc. that has been co-founded with the DNA Corporation of Guadalajara, Mexico. Invitrx will first bring its patented skin graft product to the Guadalajara market, followed by rapid expansion into the other major Mexican markets. The Invitrx skin grafts have been successfully used on burn patients at a major metropolitan Guadalajara hospital, were patients were observed to quickly heal and have greatly reduced pain when the Invitrix skin grafts were applied. Ahmed Al-Qahtani, M.D. a professor of medicine at UAE’s medical school and a researcher at the University of California, Irvine, will serve as Chief Medical Officer, and Greg Maguire, PhD, a former professor at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, serves as Chief Scientific Officer and VP of Business Development. Quoting CEO Habib Torfi, “We chose to locate in Guadalajara and partner with the DNA Corporation because of the world class infrastructure in Guadalajara, including several highly regarded hospitals that serve the Guadalajara regional area, and because of close proximity to our first major markets in Mexico, including Guadalajara and Mexico City, a market that is vastly underserved and conservatively estimated to be valued at 200 million USD per year.” DNA-Invitrx, Inc. is initially producing skin grafts for leg ulcers, burns, and trauma and providing these grafts to leading medical doctors in the Mexican market. Dr. Maguire added, “Invitra CS, our composite skin graft product, is a living matrix formed by fibroblasts and supporting scaffolding composed of collagen and a specialized mesh. Because the Invitra CS is a highly viable living network, the Invitrx graft is the most effective means to close wounds because of the graft’s ability to communicate wound healing signals to surrounding tissue.” Dr. Al Qahtani stated that “because of the special wound healing signals released from the Invitrx skin graft, we observe in the clinic a superior rate of healing and reduction in pain in our patients compared to that of other products.” Dr. David Medina, a reconstructive plastic surgeon and Director of the burn unit at Guadalajara Civic Hospital, observed that “with Invitra CS we have demonstrated a new cutting-edge technique to better close wounds, and we are pleased that Guadalajara will be one of the first clinical sites in the world to offer this advanced technique to alleviate the pain and suffering of wounds associated with diabetic ulcer, trauma, and burns.”

Greg Maguire, PhD
CSO, VP Business Development
Invitrx, Inc.
858-699-3601
gmaguire@invitrx.com

Neither of the A&G guys seem to be associated with Invitrix beyond this old press release.

What I find really weird is if these two products are the same then why are the results from the "clinical trial" fudged? Kinda hurts their credibility.

Additionally I cant find a pending patent for either of these products or anything related to them or to anybody involved with either company.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:46 pm

First off, the products may be contain the same active ingredients, but different ratios, or perhaps with other adjuncts, thus the discrepancy in results. The good news, however, is that Reluma ALSO has very positive reviews from the skin care community... so whatever these two products are doing, they both do it well.

I really don't care what company is growing my hair back; as long as it grows back, I'm fine with it.

I think as a community of rabid (hairloss) wolverines, we should cut A&G some slack and at the very least wait for an update from the doc.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:14 pm

Thanks Perga...but I would prefer to be addressed as a Rabid (diffuse thinning) Wolverine. Thank you very much. :lol:

I must have this serum now!!!

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:08 pm

So whats the big deal? The skin solution was developed under a different name or licensed out? Who cares? Also that press release seems to increase the doctors credibility if anything... shows they're doing good work...

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:44 pm

Dr.AQ wrote:Jajo : I like your thinking :)
Thanks Doc!

and thanks for answering my questions and/or confirming my conclusions.

Jacob -

$77 per eh? Hmmm - might be more cost-effective to make one of those DIY laser helmet weapons? Also - what was the recommended protocol when using LLLT with this stuff? (before and after? duration?) Thanks!

Bug -

Reads like a licensing deal to me...

Jajo

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:11 pm

Bug,

I am completely willing to cut Dr. AQ some slack for not answering your questions or even all of ours. The fact that Dr. AQ has been here at all is incredible. Has that ever happened before during the release of a product?

Your questions are legitimate questions, fair enough, but the last ones come across as pretty accusatory. These guys haven't done anything wrong. I agree with some of posters since your last post. The stuff you brought up actually makes them, quite frankly, look even better. They've done good work. Their skin stuff works wonders. Makes me think even more the hair stuff is going to work great too.

I realize many people have been disappointed with hair loss treatments before and spent a ton of money on something that doesn't work and is, what did you say before....nothing but distilled water?? To imply that this is the same because they haven't provided answers to your questions or because they have sold a product they have developed under two labels is pretty unfair. Let them at least get all the info up on the website before you start with the line you were taking in your last posts.

I for one appreciate Dr. AQ coming on this forum to answer as many of our questions as he feels he can at this time. He doesn't owe us anything and doesn't need to be here. I am excited to try their product and hopeful it will work as well as they are saying it has worked in the trialists. Of course if something looks fishy once we see more information I can change my mind, but honestly, I think it is about time someone came up with something better than the pathetic stuff the industry has produced to date. The science has been there to do it, it just needed someone to get it done. Based on their skin care products I believe this might well be it!

You are free to try it or not try it. If you aren't convinced or your scam radar is telling you not to that is your choice. Why don't you wait till some of the rest of us try it and report back to you? You have nothing to lose that way except time. Just please don't bring the bitter, angry hair loss victim attitude here and make posts that drip with disrespect for a distinguished scientist who has taken the unprecedented step of joining us here.

Finally, if I inferred something from your posts that wasn't implied than I apologize to you and retract what I have just written.

Respectfully,

Hulihoop

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:35 pm

bug wrote:Dr AQ
Why is the description of your skin serum a direct cut and paste from a skin product(ReLuma) by Invitrx? See both below with only the names of the product changed. It would appear ReLuma has been around since 2005 or earlier.
Bug,
I believe I read somewhere on the web a while back that Dr. AQ was at one time affiliated with Invitrx. So maybe, since 2005 he and Dr McGuire formed A&G and using the same knowledge made their own products and in the process actually improved the effectiveness. That might explain the reason the copy changed in as far as the A&G study showed faster and better results.

As far as why the rest of the wording being the same...that seems logical as the trial for both product lines were probably very similar if not identically run. I don't see anything wrong with that.Nor do I see how this has anything to do with the Hair Serum????

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:35 am

Well said Hulihoop - i couldn't agree with you more.

I do know how hard fighting hair loss is and how it affects our day to day lives, how we envy those around us with full heads of hair, and how excited we get about new products that we hope will end this. I'm not saying A&G's serum is going to be the solution; but i sure as hell think it might be! Lots of products have let me down mainly because the amount of scams, gimmicks and useless treatments out there are too plenty to count. Truth is battling balding is and has always been a huge industry as hopeful people constantly pump money into what we think might be a solution.

A&G has a great line of skin products and there's nothing arguing this point. Call it whatever company you want, with whatever figures and text that may have been copied from a similar or even exact same product on a different site. It still results in the same conclusion - and the fact is A&G has a reputation for good quality skin care treatments. Now they've developed a serum to help fight hair loss! I understand we should be skeptical of many many products, but being optimistic and positive can only help. Dr.AQ has been nice enough to participate in this forum and has opened up to hear our skepticism, remarks and to answer our questions prior to launch which i'm sure is a busy time. So to those who don't think this product will work - don't post in this thread anymore. Those, including myself, who are optimistic and excited about this release will continue to report our results; and if this works as well as we hope, then any skeptics will have true results from their peers.

So to Dr.AQ - Thanks, thanks and thanks. I'm looking forward to friday! To everyone that's on-board with launch date, i'm excited for each of you as well. To skeptics - remain in the forums and wait for posted results. If you're right then these threads will be quiet. If you're wrong, then you'll only be a few months behind us when you order your serum package. Either way, we're all fighting the same battle and i firmly believe Dr.AQ has stepped up to help.

Dutchhairloss
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: At the moment:
nothing
In the past:
Finasteride (propecia 1 mg) (1 year and 6 months)
Minoxidil (2%) (6 months)
Ketoconazol (for about 3 months)
In the future:
Whatever the future may bring us;)

Post by Dutchhairloss » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:36 am

Dear Dr AQ,

Here in Holland we're hoping that this is the treatment of miracle for our hair too.
There are some things that I just have to ask:

-Can you tell us something about Skin Medica TNS Recovery Complex. This complex has the same (and even more) ingredients as your skinsolution. Is there an affiliation between AG and Skin medica? Or are you in any other way connected to each other?

-Is it safe to say that this serum makes my hair go back to the state before "the first DHT attack"?
-if this is true, can it be said that my hair will undergo the same cycle of hairminiaturisation (is that a word?) as it did now?
in other words:
I'm 21 now. I started balding when I was 17. Does this serum take my hair back to how it was when I was 17, and will my hair degenerate after I finished the cure, to how I am now (over the same course of time).
In short: does this serum "reset" my hair to how it was before the first DHT attack?

How late is your website updated? (I understood that this would be done this weekend?).

Last question:
I understand that telling us the "ingredients" of the hairserum is not a smart option at the moment. Can you however provide us with RESULTS of this treatment? There is no harm in that as far as I know...
I don't mean results as in charts or medical papers. I would really like to see some photo's of you and dr. Maguire, since both of you used this treatment. I (and I think most of us) would really appreciate some before and after photo's of you and dr. Maguire.

Thank you in advance!

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:38 am

We should probably be more careful about throwing around words like "miracle" and "cure" just for now. I think we'll all be happy if the product simply does what it says it will do.

On to the questions:

Dr. AQ, in the clinical laser treatments do you know if hair was washed before or after the lasering?

Whoop
Regular Poster

Post by Whoop » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:50 am

Lol I hate it when this happens. The doc isn't responding as quick as before anymore, duplicate skinserums are found and all of a sudden the hairserum is a scam.

People come on. We should be very happy with the interaction we have with the docter. Normally the producers don't even have the time to do this. Or don't want to spend time on it.

Why would it be bad that A&G are selling the same thing as that other company (forgot the name). If it really was theft, the other company would have done something about it don't ya think? And if there are so many people writing it's an excellent product, then what's all the fuzz about?

I still have high hopes on this product and I can't wait for it to come out. And I'm also checking the A&G website for it to be updated. But we all know this can be delayed a little. A&G probably outsourced their website, so they are dependent too. We have been waiting for years for THE anti hairloss product to come out, we can add a few days to that now can't we?

So stop accusing the doc and A&G for things we're not even 100% sure of!

Just my 2 cents.

refreshes the A&G homepage once more... damnit.. nothing happened

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:01 pm

well it IS Sunday after all... even if the new site was finished over the weekend I doubt anybody would be uploading it until regular work hours.

Let's try and be patient.. I know it's hard.

Richie
Treatment Regimen: Xandrox 15 plus, Propecia, Emu oil, vitamins.

Post by Richie » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:34 pm

What wonderful news! I am really excited about the A&G Hair Complex.
I looked over the A&G website and will probably be ordering a few other products as well.
I have been taking Propecia for about 3 months and have not experienced any sexual side effects whatsoever,
but I have been experiencing extreme dryness on my chin area. Has anybody else had this reaction?
Regardless, the Propecia, Xandrox 15 plus, Spiro, Nioxin, Emu Oil, Vitamins(Taurine,Zinc,Green Tea Extract,Biotin combo) has been working great for me. I can really see a substantial difference from where I was before.
I have been a diffuse thinner for about 20 years, since late teens.

I have a question for Dr AQ:

If I start with A&G Hair Complex, can I still use my current treatment on in between days, or after I finish with the A&G treatment?
Would what I'm using now interfere with the A&G treatment.
I'm just afraid that the gains I've experienced would be lost if I just all of a sudden stop.
What do you think?

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:04 pm

Website is up, or maybe partially? Doesn't look quite finished to me yet. Definitely needs more result pictures, hopefully we get some more.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:08 pm

Website is at least partly updated. I was actually disappointed with the results of the pictures they have... until I realized the first and second picture are THE SAME GUY.

The guy pictured looks like NW6ish or so, and he definitely gets some significant regrowth (especially in that ridge from ear to ear area). And that is only at week 15! I reallllly hope they post some more photos and release a PDF with some info in it.

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:20 pm

Yeah it took me a second to see that too because it keeps switching so quickly. I actually grabbed the picture to hold it still and the regrowth around the horseshoe area looks pretty decent like a NW6 to a NW5V or something... I still wish there was more examples though, maybe some showing more growth on top.

redbird
Regular Poster

Post by redbird » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:48 pm

I think the week 5 picture definitely looks like he has more hair than week 0. But the week 8, 12, and 15, it's hard to tell, because it looks like the hair is longer than in the first 3 pictures. This again goes to making sure that all pictures are taken with the hair the exact same length.

Hopefully there will be more pictures.

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:49 pm

Come on ...you guys are putting words in my mouth. The least you cant do is provide a direct quote where Im saying this is all a scam. Besides what do you care? Ignore my questions if you dont like them. They are addressed to Dr AQ and not anybody else. Im sure he is capable of answering for himself.

Now on to other stuff...

Dr AQ

Why do you have the guy with his nose pressed into the white head brace thingy in the 0 week photo and then in the next photo you have his head tilted forward slightly and then in the 3rd photo he is titled to the point where the brace is between his eyebrows..the 4th photo he is titled even more forward...so on and so forth. In each of the six photos he has his head progressively tilted more and more forward. Just curious :) (nobody else needs to answer :P )

bug

redbird
Regular Poster

Post by redbird » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:51 pm

Also, the angle of the pictures are different, which also needs to be corrected in future pictures. You can clearly see his eyes in the first 2. Partially in the 3rd. But not at all in the last 3 pictures. It looks like the lighting is darker in the last 3 pictures as well, but that could be because the pictures are taken from a different angle.

redbird
Regular Poster

Post by redbird » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:52 pm

Ha ha. Sorry bug. I submitted mine right after yours.

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:59 pm

Week 12 the hair looks much longer at the sides than week 8, I'm wondering how it grew so fast in such a short period of time.

p__
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by p__ » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:18 pm

I just saw the updated website, Dr AQ!

There are some good points and some not-so-good in my opinion.

It is good that there is at least some more info about the product, however it needs *much* more detail to be of any value. More of the technical stuff behind what it actually does would be great. You could put it on the "science" page if you don't want to make the product page to complicated.

Regarding the photos, it is obvious you put some effort into them. Please allow me to play the devils advocate for a while. You definitely need to publish pictures of more than one person. Maybe they are on their way? Right now there are only photos of one person (week 0, 3, 5, 8, 12, 15) and there are definitely some things which leave a lot to be desired. Especially in the first two photos, his head is tilted very differently than in the other photos. He is acutally pressing his nose (!) against the front headrest in them. In later photos he is pressing his forehead against it instead, which seems more correct, even though the first two are actually better for us, since it gives us a chance to see exactly how his head is tilted. For instance, in week 5 I can see his eyebrows, but in week 8 his head appears to be tilted further forward, so that the eyebrows dissappear from view. It is very difficult to tell if he has tilted his head in the photos between week 8, 12 and 15. Whichever you chose, consistency is key!

To make it possible for us to determine that the results are real, you should also make the photos available in high resolution. That way, we have a better chance to tell if the perceived increase in coverage is due to longer hair or actual regrowth and also to determine head rotation angles (given that there are spots/marks on the head that can be used as reference). You must understand that we are swamped by fake photos all the time and we need as much detail as possible to assess them (please don't be offended). A sceptic could easily make the argument that the subject is merely tilting his head more and more forward for each photo, thus creating the illusion of regrowth. Please note I'm not saying that is the case, just that it would be pretty hard to disprove that claim.

Doing hair loss photos is really difficult, I know!
Last edited by p__ on Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.