A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Post by Jacob » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:52 pm

http://www.agskinsolutions.com/

Not available quite yet..but will be soon. Some information on their tech and what is used in their skincare products:
A & G Active Serum is formulated with a multitude of human growth factors derived from our patented stem cell technology. Our goal at A & G Cosmeceuticals is to provide you with a scientifically-based skin care system that is backed by laboratory research, clinical studies, and peer review. Developed by two leading medical school professors, A & G prides itself by being one of only a few skin care companies to offer medical grade products based on cutting-edge stem cell research and incorporating the highest concentrations of pure, unbuffered ingredients manufactured in FDA-approved labs. When an ingredient is "FDA Approved", it means that any claims found on packaging have been scientifically proven to be valid, safe, and effective. This involves clinical testing supported by documentation and verification of test results. It also includes an FDA inspection of the laboratory and production facilities.

A & G Active Serum is an anti-aging skin serum formulated with patent-pending technology for the delivery of key growth factors found in natural human skin. These natural human growth factors include TGF-b(1-3) [Transforming growth factor beta], PDGF [Platelet derived growth factor], GM-CSF [Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor], and Interleukins (IL3, IL6-8). As we age, the production of these growth factors within skin is reduced, and leads to wrinkling and thinning of the skin. By re-introducing these factors through daily application of A & G Active Serum, damaged skin cells are repaired, and skin tissue regenerated. The visible results from A & G Active Serum are that the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles will be diminished, and smoother, more luminous skin will result. As the effects of A & G Active Serum work through your own natural processes of skin renewal, visible results will be noticed as soon as three days. Moderate skin renewal may occur within two weeks, but optimal improvement to your skin is generally not reached until after one month of daily use.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Re: A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Post by Jacob » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:58 pm

Below are responses from Dr. Al-Qahtani at another certain forum that isn't too user friendly at the moment. Dr. AQ is more than welcome to post here too, or instead- if he prefers.
We are very excited about the A&G Hair Complex and we believe it will be another great addition to our existing products. To answer your question regarding available information online, in this industry its very hard to come up with new products and ideas and don't have others copying your product without having the technology. MY partner (Dr. Maguire) and I already presented this technology in many seminars and discussion groups. There will be more information available regarding the A&G Hair Complex after the launch. The main ingredients are basically growth factors but they are present in different concentrations that cater to the hair physiology. The rest of the ingredients will be available online. Please understand that I can't give up much info. but the rest of the ingredients are there to support the formula and provide a suitable conditions for the growth factors. We are not using "Vavelta' or anything else from other companies. The technology involved to produce A&G Hair Complex are all developed at A&G and we own 100% of it. I did some reading on Intercytex technology and we have nothing in common and our technologies are different from one another. Using similar cells alone does not mean we are using similar technologies. I hope I answered all of your questions and I promise i will check this forum regularly and answer any other questions you may have. Thank you for the opportunity and I hope to hear your feedbacks Cheers, AQ

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:59 pm

The product is stable in room temperature as all of the A&G products. We did extensive stability testings and the product is stable in a maximum temperature of 115 F (45C). A&G ship priority (free) to ensure that the product arrives in great condition. The bottles can be refrigerated at 4C and that won't effect it. I will ask Kimberly to send you a picture of the product so that you and your reader have an idea

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:08 pm

A&G Hair Complex- Each box will contain 5 bottles, I'm told.
Attachments
AG hair.jpg
AG hair.jpg (139.01 KiB) Viewed 152444 times

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:18 pm

Another question I have is...how often will it have to be applied? It almost sounds like it's not going to be a daily application, since the clinic that uses LLLT along with it (Allure Image) seems to be using it every other day. But maybe it could be applied daily?

A question from siko232 at HLH:
Is this like rogaine, once you stop you lose all you got back from it?

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:13 pm

Thank you Again Jacob for the invitation to participate here.
To answer your questions:
A&G Hair Complex is not like Rogain and its design for one time treatment. However, 23% of the subjects tested required additional supply after 2 months period. The box contains 5 bottles, based on the area you are losing hair in and the condition of your scalp, each bottle should be enough to cover the entire scalp. We advice people to use it every other day after cleansing the scalp and keep it own until next day. The Complex is odorless and will not have any trace. 89% of the subjects reported itching of the scalp after the 3rd treatment, this is normal since your hair follicles are expanding (growing). However, if there is no itching, that is OK too. Part of the A&G Hair Complex ingredients also activate existing stem cell in your scalp, this helps the generation of new follicles and increase hair growth/density.
We will provide data on our studies and will show pictures too. I am going to ask some of the subjects to participate here and they can talk about their experience with the product. I don't guarantee they will but I will try. I will have them contact Jacob and arrange for a Q&A.
Thank you

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:37 pm

The way you describe it- "each bottle should be enough to cover the entire scalp" means to me that it is applied like rogain and other topicals, not injected..right? (That was for Chore boy at the other site)

Which leads me to my next question...Did any of the subjects use a Dermaroller type device along with applying the topical? If not, do you think it would be a good idea/worth trying? Here's a link to such a device, for those scratching their heads: http://www.dermarollers.us/index.php?ma ... ducts_id=7

Also, wouldn't one want to continue using the product every couple/few months? I can't imagine one could get such great results that they'd even think about not using it anymore. Many are probably wondering if they should/can use other products along with this, or at least after they've gone through the 5 bottles.

That would be GREAT if some who've tried the product could post their experiences here and take questions. Thanks 8)

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Jacob,
Great points as usual, maybe we should hire you to head the hair product division :D .
Yes, A&G Hair Complex is applied topically and does not require dermaroller. In fact we did test a dermaroller produced in Korea and the results were the same. It would be good business for A&G if we can have people buying our product every other month, however, our results showed that the majority (77%) said they did not need to apply it again and they were satisfy. You have to understand that results will vary between people. I myself have used it and the results were fantastic. That was a year ago and I haven't use it since. My partner Dr. Maguire used it too and he had better results than me, again he didn't need to apply it again. Can people use it with other products?? that is a hard question to answer!! since we did not test all the other products out there. However, A&G Hair Complex works best when its applied on a clean scalp and left on until the next day. When a product goes out in the market, we get lots of feedback and once we learn something new, we post it on the Q&A section. The 5 bottles can last you for more than 5 treatments, as long as you spread it all over your scalp. I personally used the 5 bottles for 9 treatments over a period of 3 weeks. The 5 bottles are there to make sure everyone gets at least 5 treatments but the more they can get out of it the better the results will be. The last thing I want to share is, you will notice that the area where you have normal hair growth will grow thicker and longer faster than the norms. My hair dresser noticed that the middle of my head had longer hair and she didn't understand why was that since she was the last one cutting it. Again, this is normal and expected.
Thanks again and I will stop by and answer more questions.
AQ

redbird
Regular Poster

Post by redbird » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:11 pm

Is there a known release date yet? Do we know the cost for all 5 bottles?

hulihoop
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by hulihoop » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:00 am

Hey Jacob,

I've followed you over here from regrowth. Thanks for all of your informative posts over the past months. It's great you share all your information. More than that thank for bringing this product to everyone's attention!

I am a diffuse thinner and laser user and would LOVE to try this stuff! Thanks Dr. AQ for participating here and telling us about your product!

I guess the big question is: when will it be available? how much will it cost?

p__
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by p__ » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:07 am

Hi Dr.AQ!

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions!

Here are some of my own initial questions:

1) Is it you opinion that your product will grow any new hair? I.e. would someone with a bald head benefit from it? Or is a product which mainly increases the diameter and growth rate of existing hair (an effect similar to that of minoxidil, which doesn't actually stop the progression of hair loss; it only makes existing hair look better)?

2) Can it terminalize (weak) vellous hair?

3) Does the product do anything to halt or slow down the continuous damage caused by the immune system in response to DHT (the mode of action of Finasteride and other 5-alpha reductase inhibitors)? If so, does it achieve that effect by preventing DHT from forming (á la Finasteride, Dutasteride etc), preventing androgens from attaching to androgen receptors in the follicle (Spironolactone, RU58841, Fluridil etc) or by some other means such as making the follicles no longer susceptible to androgens just like follicles on the back/side of the head?

4) Does the product do anything about the current DHT induced damage to follicles (like copper peptides etc might do)?

Looking forward to your answers!

And a big thanks to Jacob for the heads-up!

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:45 am

Dr. AQ..I think you guys are doing fine w/out me, but if I lived in the area I'd stop by and fill out an application :lol:
I'm trying to figure out why you or Dr. Maguire wouldn't want to use it again to see if you can get even better results. Looking at your pictures, both of you do have decent heads of hair..and I don't know how noticeable your hair loss was, if you had much to notice. My guess is is that this stuff works better on those with diffuse loss rather than slick bald areas..and maybe even possibly those slick areas that lost their hair w/in the past year or so...? I am not expecting much, if anything, to happen on those receded areas that many would consider the "mature hairline"(that you see on guys in their 50's+ that otherwise have a decent head of hair)..or even the area next to that that I've lost over the past 5+ years. P__ has some great questions that touch on those subjects as well.

hulihoop.. thanks for that(and to the others here as well. if this stuff doesn't work..remember, I only posted about it :P ). I would eventually like to get on LLLT treatment as well. Maybe even if this stuff does fill things in quite nicely. I feel left out..not wearing a helmet.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:36 pm

Again thank you Jacob and everyone here for this opportunity,
Redbird - we were planning to launch it by the end of this month (Feb.) 3 hours ago, I had a meeting with our packaging company and they told me that they are running late and won't be able to finish on time. We are looking in to another 2 weeks according to them. Cost have not been yet determined as production is not finalized, but we are looking to keep it under $200 for the entire box which contains 5 bottles.

p__ : 1) If the follicles are dead I don't think this will have much success, however, if they are weak and are not producing hair, this will work. You are right about minoxidil and A&G Hair Complex is very effective against hair loss progression. (great point)

2) Vellus hair?? I don't know, we did not test or examine this type of hair, and I can't make the link??!!

3) this is a valid question and to answer it, we will need NIH grant. However, remember this is not a drug and we can't make drug claims, otherwise we will have to take it to the FDA. For now, we are saying that A&G Hair Complex will help and assist in conditioning the scalp, this may result in the prevention of hair loss and may help the re-growth of hair. I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY POSITION.

4) another great question, and again my answer will be maybe it can.

Jacob- Both Dr. Maguire and I exhibited a clear hair loss/thinning and when we saw a significant improvement, we were very happy and didn't bother using it. I am going to use it once its out and I will post my experience, I believe Dr. Maguire will do the same. We also had limited supply to go around. FYI- production is not easy and takes around 2 days to produce 100ml.

Again Thank you and I hope I answered all of your questions. I remember when we came out with our skin care line, we told doctors that we noticed results in 3 days and a total transformation in 2 weeks, Many did not take us seriously and thought it was too good to be true. If you talk to them today, they will tell you A&G Active serum and the A&G Eye serum are the best products to date. We are very serious about our products and usually under promise and always over deliver. I know there are many unknown and many people have doubts, I understand, there are lots of bad products out there and bad science. I assure you that while this might not work for some people, many will see great benefits. Do your search, see what people say about our skin care products. Many think hair is more complicated than skin, we say bring it on. :D

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:45 pm

Dr. AQ...because of the bad news(2 weeks), I'm going to have to throw some more questions your way. [-(

Is there any reason why one should not keep applying the stuff week after week..month after month? Even if it's not needed to see results..let's say someone(wouldn't be me) just wants to go crazy with the stuff(and has the $)...is there any health risk or some side effect one should be worried about? The reason I ask is because there was some talk about Caregen and their ingredients..I think "Noggin" was the main one...questions about it's safety/long term use. I'm beginning to wonder if they are really supposed to be telling people to not use their products constantly, but maybe what they use/sell is that much different from what you guys are working with. Or maybe there's really no issue with Noggin etc. I'm sure you're aware of Caregen, here's a pdf page on them: http://www.in-cosmetics.com/ExhibitorLi ... ogue_2.pdf

On the vellus hairs..I think some use that term to describe hairs that are on your scalp..that used to be real hairs..but have slowly(or quickly, I suppose) over the years shrunk and are now fuzzy and annoying because they won't grow up. Even though the actual definition of vellus hair is
Vellus hair is the fine, non-pigmented hair (peach fuzz) that covers the body of children and adults. The growth of vellus hair is not affected by hormones, whereas the growth of terminal hair is affected by hormones

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:11 pm

13 more questions below. Just kidding..I'm pasting your response from the other place here:
Hello Gents, The Allure treatment is more effective and results are seem faster than when applying A&G Complex tropically. The laser allows for more A&G Hair complex to go through the scalp. This option was developed with Allure and they currently are the only clinic to have this technology. Because of the limited supply we are not marketing it. The price currently is $800 for the entire treatment because we are still collection data for a study we are planning to publish in a scientific/medical journal. Once we go on full production, The price might go up to $2600. Allure also among the very few clinics nationwide that carry our skin care line in house. All results and pictures will be available on www.agskinsolutions.com. Chore boy, the A&G Hair Complex is NOT injectable and yes, it does look like an insulin bottle. The $2500 Allure quote you was for another treatment that they provide for hair growth. Jacob spoke to the right person. Jacob,I will be visiting different forums that you sent us link to and if you can pass my answers to all, that would be great. Thank you AQ
Ha..I guess I do have a question for you though. Are they using the usual LLLT that is used for hair loss...or some other more powerful or ? device? When you say "Because of the limited supply we are not marketing it", what exactly are you referring to? Thanks 8)

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:18 pm

Jacob,
You can ask as much questions as you please and I am really sorry about the delay. I know its beyond their control and we don't want to pressure them so that the quality does not suffer.
Over applying A&G Complex should not have any negative results. The product has been tested for toxicity and passed. This is also true for our skin care products.
Allure uses Revage 670 and when I said limited supply, I was referring to the quantity (enough for 50 treatments).
Yes I did hear about Caregen and we are completely different ( our ingredients are different).
Vellus is basically hair with no sebaceous glands and I know what p__ is referring to, I just couldn't make the connection or did not understand what I was asked...!!
Jacob, I think by now you know about this product as much as I do.. I just hope to god we don't disappoint you :D

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:16 am

Hi Dr. AQ,

Thanks for answering all of our questions. We really appreciate your time.

Based on the information you've given us I am confused on a few things and so have a few questions.

One is regards cost. In one post you say you are going to try to keep the cost under $200 for the 5 bottles. In the post on the other forum (thanks, Jacob, for inserting it here) you say that it may go as high as $2600. That is quite a difference!! Did you drop a zero in one estimate or add one to the other? I think that is something a lot of forum members will be asking.

I understand that the delay in product release is in the packaging? So production on the next batch is complete otherwise? So am I correct in assuming we would be looking at a mid to late March or perhaps early April release?

I think we all assumed that this would not help long dead follicles but might spur weak or dying follicles back to full health. Do you think the lasers at Allure Image are essential for absorption of the serum only or are they also playing a role in stimulating the follicle to produce new hair?

You seem to think that this would be useful in halting hair loss, unlike minoxidil, which essentially only masks it. However you aren't sure about the viability of these new hairs to resist the effects of DHT. So I imagine you would suggest that it would be effective to protect these new hairs using some type of DHT inhibitor or blocker?

Lastly, you mentioned in one of your posts that Allure Image had the "technology" to effectively deliver this treatment. How does their treatment process differ from what one might do with the home kit when it's ready? Is it worth going to the clinic for the treatment rather than doing the home treatment? Or were you referring to their ability to effectively track and monitor the results users attained?

I think we all understand that there are no guarantees in the hair loss fight so I am certain nobody is going to hold anything against you if their results aren't spectacular. The onset of stem cell based treatments into the hair loss fight is an exciting development and I think I can speak for most in saying that there is a lot of interest among hair loss sufferers in your product. If it doesn't "cure" hair loss now at least it can effectively help bridge the gap until you are able to develop even more effective treatments based on stem cell research.

Lastly, for those outside the US, are you currently able to ship your skin care products to places like Canada or Europe without them being turned away at the border?

Thanks and regards,

Hulihoop

nate
Seasoned Poster

Post by nate » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:18 am

whoah Doc, I'm pretty confused by all the things being said, and all of the prices

1.) Can you confirm again that the 5 bottle treatment that we are talking about will be under $200 like you said earlier? What will this treatment be called?

2.) Allure I'm guessing is the laser clinic place that is using your topical right? And you were just saying earlier that it works better when using it with their laser treatment than alone right?

3.) I'm not sure what Revage is, so maybe you or someone else can talk about that

4.) You said something about $800 treatment that would go up to $2600 once scientific journals publish your study. I'm sorry but what product were you referring to there? Not the $200 5 bottle treatment that we are all getting excited about right? If not, then what treatment are you talking about? The Allure combination of lasers?

Sorry for all of the questions, it's just that the last post you made at regrowth.com confused me greatly

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:55 am

Hey Nate, Allure Image is the clinic that is providing the treatment with A&G's Hair Complex now and the Revage is the laser system they use. Beyond that it looks like I have the same questions as you do!

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:51 am

Thanks once again for your answers!

I fully understand you are unable to make certain medical claims to avoid being harassed by the FDA :) I was mainly trying to get a better grip of the suggested mode of action of the product to be able to draw my own conclusion regardings its potential and limitations. Am I correct, though, in understanding the statement "A&G Hair Complex is very effective against hair loss progression" to mean that your product, unlike minoxidil, can halt or slow down the progression of androgenic alopecia? And further, that it can do so without the need for (extended) continuous application? In such a case, the product must "flick a switch" biologically, transforming the follicle and making it impervious to further damage by androgens! :shock: As you naturally are aware, androgens, reductase enzymes as well as androgen receptors are replenished unceasingly...

As to vellous hair, I rather sloppily used the term as it is often being used in hairloss forum lingo, i.e. "peach-fuzz". My basic question could, more properly, be rephrased as:

"In a typical case, would the product be able to make hair which has miniaturized to such an extent that it no longer has any cosmetical value, grow back into a well pigmented thick terminal hair? If not in the typical case, would it able to do so in a best-case scenario with a good responder?"

I believe you actually answered that question by saying that if the follicles "are weak and are not producing hair, this will work", unless you feel there is some distinction between our views of what constitutes a weak follicle. I was referring to a follicle that at best produces hair that is unpigmented, very thin and will not grow more than a few mm long or so. I do not mean follicles producing hair which is clearly visible to the naked eye at a few decimeters distance, albeit perhepas not the thickest or darkest of hair.

By the way, what is the defintion of a "dead" follicle as opposed to a "weak" one? Does anyone know? Is there such a definition?

I really appreciate the focus of A&G on the value of "proper" science, btw, and I wish you the best of luck, not only because I may benefit from it! :D

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Oh yeah..keep 'em coming. This is what they get for delaying it 2 weeks. \:D/ Actually..2 weeks is nothing(although I wish there weren't any delay)..and I won't be surprised if it's delayed some more(better not be though :-x ) You should see some of the delays we've witnessed. Lipoxidil announced in April 2008 that their new minoxidil would be be out. It still isn't available.

Thanks again for taking your time to answer our questions- have a great weekend!

Hulihoop:
One is regards cost. In one post you say you are going to try to keep the cost under $200 for the 5 bottles. In the post on the other forum (thanks, Jacob, for inserting it here) you say that it may go as high as $2600. That is quite a difference!! Did you drop a zero in one estimate or add one to the other? I think that is something a lot of forum members will be asking.
That $2600 is with the laser treatment at Allure.

Nate, see the last post/picture here for the Revage 670: http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... 8fbdc2ee3e

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:36 pm

Dear Friends,
Here are the answers to your questions:

Hulihoop : The take home kit is going to be less than $200 (hopefullY remember its not finalized yet but 90% it is for now) The treatment at Allure, is now $800 and we will be working with them to maintain this price but remember, their treatment involves laser usage, nurses working and 5 visits to the clinic, adding all of this, you can't expect this treatment to be the same as a take home kit. Because of the limited supply of this product (at least for now) and our requirement for collecting data, A&G is picking some of the cost to make it easy for us to get candidates that fits our requirements. In addition, Allure will apply whatever necessary as they see fit of the A&G Complex, so they may use more than the average amount we sell in a kit for $200. If you add up all of this you will find that the price can very well reach $2600. This in regards to the pricing and I hope its clear now.
Yes, the delay is related to packaging. A&G has strict packaging requirements to prevent tampering. After speaking with the packaging company, they told us they will need 2 weeks to finish. We are hoping we get it by mid March but for sure before April or we go for plan B :D .
Allure uses Revage a laser system that's proven to help with MPB, however, it take 6 months to a year to see result, When its combined with A&G Hair Complex, results were seen within 3-6 weeks.
People outside the USA have been ordering A&G Skin care products and they been getting them. So YES, we will ship everywhere around the globe.

I will expand in the DHT and the rest of the question later tonight or tomorrow. I am running late for my dinner appointment :shock:

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE..
AQ

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:08 pm

Dr AQ,

Thanks so much for taking time out of your Friday evening to answer some of our questions. The question of pricing and the targeted release date have been clarified, again thank you.

Many of the people interested in the home kit are laser users who have built there own devices. They too are seeing results but again in the 6 month to one year range. Something that can accelerate or increase that process is very exciting.

P_ asked a lot of great questions which were much better worded than I could have come up with. I am sure we are all looking forward to your opinion on them, particularly with regard to it's effect on those very miniaturized hairs that are hardly visible which tend to be called vellus hairs by many forum goers as well as how you think growth stimulated by the serum will stand up to the onslaught of MPB. Maybe we'll have to continue to try to block DHT, 5-alpha reductase etc. Or maybe it is simply a matter of using the serum every year or couple of years. Your thoughts will be interesting.

Thanks again and enjoy your weekend!

regards,

hulihoop

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:04 am

I just wrote a long reply to all of your questions and lost after hitting submit :cry:

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:15 am

nate, p__, jacob, hulihoop
i will have another attempt tomorrow...
Good night and have a great weekend

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:19 am

Good morning everyone,
nate : 1) YES, The take home kit is going to be hopefully under $200, this is our goal and we will know after production is finalized.
2) Yes, when combining the laser at Allure with our hair serum, results came better and faster because more serum was going into the scalp thus better results. Think of it this way, take home teeth whitening kits works good, but teeth whitening at a the dentist works faster and better because of the UV light that accelerate peroxide action.
3) Revage is a laser machine used to treat hair loss , Jacob provided a link above .
4) The treatment available at Allure is currently $800, this is different from the take home kit which is "$200".

p__ : great questions again ! A&G Hair Complex does not tackle the DHT issue alone, as you know there are many factors that are involved in hair loss. At A&G we thought of other ways to tackle the hair loss by stepping outside the DHT box. I hope one day we meet in person during a seminar or one of my talks and I will be able to answer better, but because there are many people from the industry here, I need to be careful of how much information I can share. A&G Hair Complex provides a stronger signal to the follicle and reverse the DHT effect as well as repair it. In the case of vellus hair, A&G Hair Complex WILL NOT CHANGE OR ULTER THE PHYSIOLOGY AND THE NATURAL FUNCTION OF THE HAIR, these hair are suppose to be small and contain no pigment.
'Dead follicle' is the follicle that lost its ability to produce hair, 'weak follicle' is the follicle that has the ability to produce hair and has all the tools but its not producing it in a giving time.

hulihoop: People who have laser machines can combine A&G Hair Complex and they should get good results. At A&G we are introducing a new way of treating MPB, we are looking beyond DHT.
Good morning everyone,
nate : 1) YES, The take home kit is going to be hopefully under $200, this is our goal and we will know after production is finalized.
2) Yes, when combining the laser at Allure with our hair serum, results came better and faster because more serum was going into the scalp thus better results. Think of it this way, take home teeth whitening kits works good, but teeth whitening at a the dentist works faster and better because of the UV light that accelerate peroxide action.
3) Revage is a laser machine used to treat hair loss , Jacob provided a link above .
4) The treatment available at Allure is currently $800, this is different from the take home kit which is "$200".

p__ : great questions again ! A&G Hair Complex does not tackle the DHT issue alone, as you know there are many factors that are involved in hair loss. At A&G we thought of other ways to tackle the hair loss by stepping outside the DHT box. I hope one day we meet in person during a seminar or one of my talks and I will be able to answer better, but because there are many people from the industry here, I need to be careful of how much information I can share. A&G Hair Complex provides a stronger signal to the follicle and reverse the DHT effect as well as repair it. in the case of vellus hair, A&G Hair Complex WILL NOT CHANGE OR ULTER THE PHYSIOLOGY AND THE ATURE FUNCTION OF THE HAIR, these hair are suppose to be small and contain no pigment.
'Dead follicle' is the follicle that lost its ability to produce hair, 'weak follicle' is the follicle that has the ability to produce hair and has all the tools but its not producing it in a giving time.

hilihoop: People who have laser machines can combine A&G Hair Complex and they should get good results. At A&G we are introducing a new way of treating MPB, we are looking beyond DHT. A&G Hair Complex can be used for thinning hair, prevention of hair loss, women with bold spots showed great results and people who underwent chemotherapy/radiotherapy this will help restore and re-grow their hair.

Jacob : Since you started all of this, can you please pass my reply to other forums, I am getting confused :?: Thanks

I will be stopping by again and answer more questions. I also would like to hear your feedbacks and suggestions

AQ

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:03 pm

Oh sure..blame it all on me :-({|=

But I'll do that..tomorrow when I get back on here. And sorry to read your post didn't go through..or did it? I see a double post in the same post. Hair is growing. Posts are multiplying. Hmmmmm....

A quick question..how will it be applied? Dropper? Just pour it on? Will it be as liquid as water...or more of a serum(you do call it a serum)...or? Sorry if this was touched upon already...

Also...any idea how long it stays "active" on the scalp? I guess I'm wondering if I shouldn't shampoo until the next treatment.

Thanks

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:38 pm

Hey Dr. AQ

I did a little research on your Skin Solutions and was impressed with how highly regarded they are. Unfortunately I now have a girl friend that wants me to order her some...

Thanks for those answers. I understand how you can't say more at this time but am curious about it's mechanism and will be interested to find out more about it on release since I know I am going to be putting it on my head. So lean on those packaging guys would you? O:)

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:33 am

Hey Jacob.

Two things.. first sorry for this message but i've been away and now i'm trying to catch up on all of the A&G threads with Dr.AQ. Second, GREAT JOB in bringing the doc to this forum and HLF! Superb!

The only question i have is whether or not there is additional info on the product that is going to be released soon (hopefully in 2 weeks!). I know the ingredients and such are still under tight control; however have you received any info showing test results, time line, efficacy, etc...?

Also, from what i gather in the forums, the solution will need to be applied only 5x's total with one day in between? Dr.AQ says the solution needs to remain in the scalp until the next day... so shower and apply, wash hair the next morning? or does the solution have to remain until the next application?

I'm excited about the product, but more info would be great... especially with so little time before launch!

thanks again

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:12 am

SW..welcome back. According to them there will be more information, including studies(on what, I don't know..or forgot) and before/after pictures. Hopefully some who have already tried the product for them will also show up or send me their testimonials. I've seen no test results etc yet.

I have the same question(above) as you on leaving it on your scalp the whole next day or can one shampoo..etc

They have been working on this/testing it for over a year..but I guess they weren't going to put it on their website etc until it was launched.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:27 pm

Jacob, I got your message from Kimberly, I understand and thank you for posting some. To answer your question, it can be poured directly on the scalp or if you have a drop applicator you can use that too or you can use a syringe and you won't need to pull off the cap. You can see, we thought of everything, that is why we take packaging seriously. In regards to after applying the 'liquid' not serum, you will need to leave it on and wash your hair the next day. You don't need to wait until the next application.

SW2 - The kit will be enough for 5 treatment, but, I know I used it more than 5 treatment. I guess its better to use it until you finish the entire kit. For application, first, wash you hair (with shampoo) and dry it. Then apply the A&G Complex on the scalp and massage it into the scalp for 5 min. Use both hands and let your fingers go into a circular motion. Some of the liquid will be absorbed by the scalp and some will remain on the hair or the scalp. You will notice that the liquid will start drying out within 10 min. The liquid is odorless and won't be noticeable. The reason we ask to keep it on because it has compounds that works to help the scalp and condition it. Results, pictures and testimonials will be available. I asked some of the people who participated in the study to come on or contact Jacob, we are still waiting to hear from them. One person email me and said that he will be available this week.

hulihoop - thank you, yes our skin care line has been great and we are very proud of it. I know there are many questions regarding mechanisms of action and the science behind it. We will provide info. on the website before launch. I am meeting again with the packaging people this week and I will keep you posted.

Jacob thanks again for the help.
Cheers,
AQ

redbird
Regular Poster

Post by redbird » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:03 pm

So when you say "you will need to leave it on and wash your hair the next day", I assume you mean you need to leave it on overnight, correct? So it should probably be left on for 8 hours? I just want to be sure of the time.

Also, many of us are using lasers at home. Would we start using the lasers after we apply the product (after 10 minutes of drying). Or do we need to wait longer? Just wondering what they do at the laser clinic. Thanks!

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:46 am

Redbird- Yes, you will need to leave in on over night. This because there are two parts to the Complex, 1) it stimulate hair follicles 2) it conditions the scalp. For people who have laser machines at home, its best to be under the laser for 15 min, before applying the A&G Complex, this will prep- the scalp and allow for more A&G Hair Complex to go through. Follow the application with 5 min. massage and then put the laser on for another 5 min. This is the protocol used at the clinic and have shown great results. Doing it without laser if effective too, but if you have laser at home, even better.

AQ

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:07 pm

Hey Dr.AQ,

Regarding additional info prior to launch, do you know when we can expect testimonials, reasonable results and timeline for results? I know i'm very excited about the product, especially with A&G's reputation on skin care, and would like to get as much info on the new hair complex as soon as possible so that i am able to make arrangements to purchase on launch date.

Any info that you are able to provide iin addition to what you have already posted would be great.

thanks again, and thanks for time on these forums to answer our many many questions

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:05 pm

Dr. AQ...there would be no problem with leaving it on until the next treatment though..right? You don't *have* to wash your hair the next morning..do you?

How about this crazy way of applying topicals: http://www.mouse-mate.cn/p4.asp I'd be afraid of losing the A&G product in the comb somewhere :lol:

Thanks again..

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:52 pm

You are welcome guys..

SW2- we are currently upgrading our website and there will be a section dedicated to the Hair Complex. I am hoping the new website will be ready by the end of this week. Launch date and other information will be posted there including seminars and talks about the A&G products.

Jacob - Its would be OK if you leave it on for as long as you want. You don't need anything to help you apply the hair complex. We worked very hard to make the hair complex easy and safe to apply.

Cheers
AQ

redbird
Regular Poster

Post by redbird » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Dr AQ,

Just out of curiosity, since the product is used for only 5 treatments, why are there 5 bottles? Why not just put all of the product in one container, like Rogaine? Why does there need to be 5 bottles since the amount is so small? Does it go bad quickly after opening the bottle? Just wondering.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:41 pm

Dr. AQ, a little off topic, but since we've got you here...I was wondering if you could shed some light on the NIH(since you worked with them) and that TB4(Thymosin beta 4) that seemed to be so good for hair loss. The NIH sold the license for it's use to various companies in various parts of the world, but nothing seems to have become of it. Lee's Pharm..in Hong Kong I think..even had it on their website as being in their pipeline. It kept getting delayed and now who knows where it's at. Maybe you even know Dr. Kleinman who was involved with that at the NIH...?

Probably a long shot..but I just had to ask.

I think I'm out of questions until the website is updated...unless of course one or more of the trialists shows up and/or emails. A new thread for them would probably be best though.

Thanks

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:55 pm

Great job, Jacob! Thanks again for bringing this to everyone's attention and for getting Dr. AQ to join us. It is a really positive development that I am looking forward to trying.

Thanks Dr. AQ for regularly logging on and answering our questions.

Now we just need the site updated and the product ready to go. It would be great to hear from some of the people who used it at Allure, but honestly I think I am going to give it a go regardless.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:32 pm

I am checking these forums every time i check my email now.. I will blame it on Jacob if I stopped answering emails :D

Redbird - Great question ! Scientifically, cells goes through different cycles (developmental stages) thus needs to be stimulated during different times without over stimulating them (shock them by over stimulation). For example, do you ever wonder why when we take antibiotics we don't take them all at once? recovery needs time and it has to go through stages, that's why we think breaking it into 5 treatments allows the hair follicles and the scalp to develop strongly and surely. Rogaine works differently and that is why you will need to apply it constantly. The second reason is that we want to make sure that the amount applied is similar during each application. Thirdly, customer psychology, tell us that customers who used specified divided portions encourages compliance. Finally, the product remains fresh and can last longer. FYI- the product won't go bad quickly unless you leave it open and exposed for more than 1 week (not encouraged).

My dear friend Jacob - A&G products were not developed or researched by any NIH grants or assistance. Both me and Dr. Maguire are professors and have conducted research and trained by grants from the NIH. Its not uncommon for the NIH to license something to the private sector. That does not mean what they license is effective but can lead to the build up of something effective. Please know that research supported by the NIH is available to the public (publications) and can be used in the private sector. A&G Hair Complex actually was tested in asia too (Japan and Hong Kong) and will be available in asia through hair clinics only. They were so happy with the results they placed an order before finishing the study (other reason why production is delayed).

Hulihoop - the product will be available before you know it. I will announce it here and hopefully Jacob can help passing in along.

redbird
Regular Poster

Post by redbird » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:42 pm

Dr. AQ,

I have an off-topic question (sorry). But since you are here, I was looking at your skin products. And I always notice skin products talk about wrinkles and lines, and dark circles and such. But I don't have wrinkles or lines or dark circles around my eyes. I have bags under my eyes. Just extra puffed up skin that makes me look older. Do any of your products address this issue? I'm sure others have this problem as well.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:45 pm

I just got an email from one of the people who was involved in the study. He agreed to participate for Q&A. Maybe it will help to post the questions here so that Jacob can ask him. Jacob, I passed your email to him. He should contact you soon. I am asking others too to participate.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:51 pm

redbird wrote:Dr. AQ,

I have an off-topic question (sorry). But since you are here, I was looking at your skin products. And I always notice skin products talk about wrinkles and lines, and dark circles and such. But I don't have wrinkles or lines or dark circles around my eyes. I have bags under my eyes. Just extra puffed up skin that makes me look older. Do any of your products address this issue? I'm sure others have this problem as well.
Yes, our A&G Eye Serum, can help. It has ingredients that increase circulation to the under the eye area thus help in reducing the "puffness".

SW2
Seasoned Poster

Post by SW2 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:46 am

Hey Dr.AQ,

Although i'm patiently awaiting more info to be released on your website, i'm curious ... out of the remaining 23% of the test subjects who did require additional serum after the initial 5 treatments:

1. Is it recommended to use the serum treatment (all 5 bottles) only once per 2 month period?

2. How were the results after the 2nd round of treatment for the remaining 23%?

3. IF results are achieved in the first 3-6 weeks with laser treatment, what is the general time line for results w/o lasers?

4. IF some results are achieved from the 1st treatment how will additional treatments benefit a patient? Has there been any trials on continued use beyond 1 or 2 treatments for those who had satisfied results from the initial use? I'm curious if the efficacy of the serum has a limit or if continued use will provide continued regrowth and thickening

Also, can you provide info on the age and degree (Norwood class) of the participants?

Sorry for the questions, i don't believe this board or regrowth has had a reputable company provide direct Q&A on an upcoming release for a hair loss alternative.

... as a side note, i'm sure you're just as eager to have your website and launch date come as we are so the board will have answers revealed! lol

Thanks again, your patience and quick replies are definitely appreciated by the members of this forum and others.

dhart99

Post by dhart99 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:58 am

Would a hand held laser device work properly , or is the intensity not sufficient to enhance this product ? I'm looking at the X5 hand laser to enhance this product .
Or should I just save the money for the serum ? Thanks

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:05 am

Thanks for your answers so far, Dr AQ!

SW2 has some excellent questions above, and I look forward to your answers to them as well!

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:28 pm

You guys are welcome..I am glad to be part of this and please believe me when i say I am not doing this for business, I really enjoy being part of a discussion and share what I know.

SW2- great ones . Let me first start by saying there is no such thing called "enough information" and I know the more we discuss things the more questions will come up and that is wonderful. My answers:
1) When we make a product we thing of application and what methods to use to give you maximum results. Based on our study and tests, we determined the best way is to use these 5 bottles accordingly. Also based on the number of people we test this product on, we saw no need to re-apply or to use it every 2 or 3 months. It will be good business for us to have people use it for a long period of time, but our results did not support that, again based on the number of people we tested. Once the product goes out and many people use it we will get more precise data and if needs to we will adjust accordingly.
2) The results game positive and more robust. This also could be a result of wrong usage. 5% of those people did not see results to their satisfaction, however, our test on those 5% showed increase in diameter (hair) and 20% increase in hair number.

3)without laser it goes to 8 weeks but people who did not show improvement with topical applications showed positive results with laser.
4) there is no harm in using more of it, in fact, I think the results will be even better. But remember this is a personal thing and what might be satisfying to me, might not be satisfying to you. Our treatments work to put you back on your normal hair growth cycle. Its like a correction to get the hair back on track. You can not compare us to other treatments like Rogain. We are different, we have different approach and we believe its more effective. If people can afford getting more of it and use it regularly, I am sure the results will be amazing, but for us as a company, we need to think of the consumers and provide them with the best product we can develop.
I am running late for dinner meeting.. I will continue tonight.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:11 pm

I am checking these forums every time i check my email now.. I will blame it on Jacob if I stopped answering emails
As long as you're still responding here, you can blame me all you want :lol:

Thanks for the clarification on the NIH question. And some more positive news..regarding it being tested and wanted in asia. I wouldn't say it helping with the delay is positive though :-x

I'll most likely be using the product w/out any laser device. I may look into the clinics around here, but I'm not sure I'll have the time to go to one every other day(nearest one if probably 30 mins away).

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:13 pm

Dr.AQ wrote:I just got an email from one of the people who was involved in the study. He agreed to participate for Q&A. Maybe it will help to post the questions here so that Jacob can ask him. Jacob, I passed your email to him. He should contact you soon. I am asking others too to participate.
Awesome! Looking forward to it.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:11 pm

dhart99 wrote:Would a hand held laser device work properly , or is the intensity not sufficient to enhance this product ? I'm looking at the X5 hand laser to enhance this product .
Or should I just save the money for the serum ? Thanks
That's what I'm wondering. I can about imagine how much just 5 visits to a clinic would be..so maybe I'm better off just using the topical longer. Or maybe try it first on it's own..worry about using lasers later on if I need a boost.

BTW..welcome to the forum, dhart99 8)