A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Fizzball
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Post by Fizzball » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:45 am

mm12 wrote:I am just completing my 10th week. I was shedding when I started AG but no more.
So not long until your 12 week review, I'm tempted to ask hows it all going in terms of regrowth and an overall review but I'll just wait another 2weeks I guess on your opinion as it seems like it will be a very genuine and earnest opinion.

I'm probably gonna put an order in for HC tomorrow and trial it out myself but I probably won't have some of the equipment I wanted for my tests on this product... Oh well if it works as advertised I will certainly know about it as I am very obsessive about my hair and the situation.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:51 am

I wouldn't mind doing a second round to fill in the stubborn areas but like the good doc said I'll wait my 15 weeks before doing that. Do u guys think that the 15th week picture looks better than the 12th week on a&g site?

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:16 am

Kimberly said this:
You can get a 25% discount if you are ordering your second round. This is only valid this week. If you want, you can contact Dr. Ahmed directly at ahmed@agskinsolutions.com he has the authority to give you this discount.
Only valid this week? If the doctor said you best to use it on the 15th week of your first, why is it only valid for this week?

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:36 pm

Is the second treatment making you guys shed?

mm12
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Rogaine, Avodart

Post by mm12 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:29 pm

fizzball
I am waiting until end of this month to comment on AG. I took pictures during this time and I will show my pictures at the end of the month.

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Melon Collie wrote:OK...I have posted on HairlossHelp and Regrowth under the same name for sometime but have never been a prolific poster so believe me or not it is up to you.

I Did my last application last Saturday, May 16th. I think so far my results are very similar to Intricate1 except that I haven't been taking propecia or using minox in the recent past.

I do see lengthening of the peach fuzz hair...some about an inch or a little longer. Some of them have gotten darker. A lot of the terminal hairs are on the sides of my forehead temples. Also, there is another wave of peach fuzz about 1/16th inch long coming in. So far it looks very promising but who really knows how far these peach fuzz hairs will progress.

I will say it has worked much faster than I expected and think that in 3 months (not 6 weeks) most people will have a good idea about how well this product will work.

I have an older brother (54 years old, I'm 47) that was a norwood 5 that used this product and is ahead of me by about 3-4 weeks. He doesn't want to post here and didn't take pictures or anything (He says he is too busy). Anyway, his hair is really growing fast in the horseshoe area and filling in pretty nicely all over so far. Still a long way from a full head of hair. It's a little less than 1/3 of the way back though (like a very diffuse thinner with a lot of receding instead of what he was more or less slick bald). Like another poster said it seems to be growing in like a reversal of his mpb...like the areas that went bald last have longer and thicker growth (the middle top of his head) and the temples and the crown although have growth too it is not as thick or long. He has a lot of gray hair on the sides and his beard hair is almost completely white and just like Dr. AQ said would happen, the hair that he is growing back is dark. At any rate he is definitely getting much more noticeable results than the guy on the A&G site.

I did take before shots of myself so if and when the results from this product will be cosmetically visible on me with my camera I will post the before and afters. I am a diffuse thinner and so far you can't really see a big difference on me unless you are looking really closely in the right light etc. However, I think based on what I see so far in my brother, I should have visible cosmetic improvements in the coming weeks.

Have a great holiday weekend guys! :D

P.S. Didn't get much itch or tingle while doing the treatments but did notice intermittent weird sensations mostly on the right side of my scalp the last couple of days. I guess a tingle...more like a slight numb ticklish feeling. Kinda like the scalp nerves are being stimulated like from a massage or something.

Melon -

Last we heard from you in the above post (a month ago, on page 99), you were a week out from you last application with some peach fuzz and your brother who was ahead of you by a month was seeing decent results - how are things going now for the both of you!?

Can we get an update?

Jajo

Swoosh
Regular Poster

Post by Swoosh » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:48 pm

Has anyone recently taken a look at the German forum that Dr. AQ mentioned a while back? Very similar to what is going on over here. The translation is a bit hard to follow, but from what I can gather they have not seen great results thus far.

http://209.85.225.132/translate_c?hl=en ... ZzKuVqjXWg

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:41 pm

Question for you guys!

Seriously considering using a derma roller with my HC treatment - does anyone know if those "cheapo special" ones on eBay for $16 from Korea and China are worth a damn? :wink:

ie, can they be kept as sterile etc as the the more expensive "Dr Roller's" et al?

If so, how do you guys clean yours and do you roll after or before applying the topical?

Any input at all is appreciated!
Jajo

*Sam/Jacob - please leave this here. I know there is a derma roller thread but I'm not likely to get a response in there and I am talking abouut using it with the A&G HC! ;-) Guys can PM me with there input!

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:48 pm

guys please update us on your situation ?!

driver52
Regular Poster

Post by driver52 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:40 am

intricate1 wrote:guys please update us on your situation ?!
still losing lots of hair.
still have little white specks of scalp showing up after showering.
no improvement hair is still/more see through.

I have had 2 haircuts since startin and will be getting one in about a week and i took pictures right after my haircut i will post them so my results or lack there of can be seen.

I used 1 vial every second day with lasers

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:58 am

Jajo wrote:Question for you guys!

Seriously considering using a derma roller with my HC treatment - does anyone know if those "cheapo special" ones on eBay for $16 from Korea and China are worth a damn? :wink:

ie, can they be kept as sterile etc as the the more expensive "Dr Roller's" et al?
I'd be more worried about how long it'd last. I personally would get one that's guaranteed to last a long time.

It may actually depend upon what you're using with the dermaroller..but most say to use the dermaroller after applying a topical. If you have enough of something to apply..you could do it both before and after rolling.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:03 am

Swoosh wrote:Has anyone recently taken a look at the German forum that Dr. AQ mentioned a while back? Very similar to what is going on over here. The translation is a bit hard to follow, but from what I can gather they have not seen great results thus far.

Same at the Dutch forum:
http://74.125.95.132/translate_c?hl=en& ... 8z5sAG69jQ

See the A&G thread.

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Jacob wrote:
Jajo wrote:Question for you guys!

I'd be more worried about how long it'd last. I personally would get one that's guaranteed to last a long time.

It may actually depend upon what you're using with the dermaroller..but most say to use the dermaroller after applying a topical. If you have enough of something to apply..you could do it both before and after rolling.
Thanks bud!

Yeah - I guess I'll spring for a higher quality derma roller. I suppose before and after could only help....

One more thing while I got ya - .5MM for the purpose of aiding absorption of topicals?

Jajo

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:07 pm

I'm using 1mm, no problems at all, a bit sore the next day tho

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:14 pm

Jacob wrote:
Swoosh wrote:Has anyone recently taken a look at the German forum that Dr. AQ mentioned a while back? Very similar to what is going on over here. The translation is a bit hard to follow, but from what I can gather they have not seen great results thus far.

Same at the Dutch forum:

See the A&G thread.
I am glad to see different forums around the world communicating and interacting. If anyone here from the Dutch and German forums please pass this message " Hello and thank you for believing in A&G Hair Complex, There are many doubts and indeed many opinions about the HC and some about me. I am a firm believer in this product and if there is anything we can do to help the people in your corner of the world, please feel free to contact me through this forum or email us."

I looked over the forums and I didn't see the negative results.

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:43 am

mm12 wrote:fizzball
I am waiting until end of this month to comment on AG. I took pictures during this time and I will show my pictures at the end of the month.
This is great, thank you. I'm trying to do asecond round and would love to see the pics, very exciting please give as much detail about your whole experience :wink:

LiverPool
Regular Poster

Post by LiverPool » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:15 am

Dr.AQ wrote:
Jacob wrote:

Same at the Dutch forum:

See the A&G thread.
I am glad to see different forums around the world communicating and interacting. If anyone here from the Dutch and German forums please pass this message " Hello and thank you for believing in A&G Hair Complex, There are many doubts and indeed many opinions about the HC and some about me. I am a firm believer in this product and if there is anything we can do to help the people in your corner of the world, please feel free to contact me through this forum or email us."

I looked over the forums and I didn't see the negative results.
That's bold of you Dr AQ to claim that you don't see any negative results being mentioned in those forums. I can't believe some of you here are contemplating ordering a second round. Fool me once......

Dutchhairloss
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: At the moment:
nothing
In the past:
Finasteride (propecia 1 mg) (1 year and 6 months)
Minoxidil (2%) (6 months)
Ketoconazol (for about 3 months)
In the future:
Whatever the future may bring us;)

Post by Dutchhairloss » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:28 am

Dear Dr AQ,

as a member of the dutch hair loss site (haarweb) I can say that there are mostly negative/neutral comments about the hair complex.
There isn't a single member on haarweb who has experienced (significant) positive results, as far as I know, and I'm following this product up close.
Most people are in the "well, he did say we should wait 15 weeks" phase.

What people on haarweb (and I'm sure other sites too) would like to see is:
-testimonies, preferably of people who are long time forum members and therefore reliable;
-photo's of the participants (and lots of 'em :D );
-we are wondering why AGHC works (and how)*;

*we know you can't tell us what's in it, because the FDA would then want you to participate in trials. And because other companies would then copy you. On the other hand: if AGHC does what you claim it does, you have invented THE cure for hair loss. Something that would probably win you a nobel prize, make you famous and it's a big step ahead in science. Just my opinion though...

Still hoping for testimonies that are (very) positive...I've used 4/5 vials now and haven't seen or felt a thing (yeah, it's a bit early, I know:P)

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:37 am

I am still waiting for pictures of Dr AQ prior to Hair Complex and after Hair Complex

cloud9
Seasoned Poster

Post by cloud9 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:18 am

I was one of the very first to order A&G It has now been over two and a half months now still no results at all . Were is the supposed 40% regrowth the Dr. claimed . I no its a bit early yet but I have not read any positive results on any of the hair loss forums that would back up any of the Dr. claims . I cant believe people now want to buy more of this stuff .

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:17 am

I was

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:53 pm

Dutchhairloss wrote:Dear Dr AQ,

as a member of the dutch hair loss site (haarweb) I can say that there are mostly negative/neutral comments about the hair complex.
There isn't a single member on haarweb who has experienced (significant) positive results, as far as I know, and I'm following this product up close.
Most people are in the "well, he did say we should wait 15 weeks" phase.

What people on haarweb (and I'm sure other sites too) would like to see is:
-testimonies, preferably of people who are long time forum members and therefore reliable;
-photo's of the participants (and lots of 'em :D );
-we are wondering why AGHC works (and how)*;

*we know you can't tell us what's in it, because the FDA would then want you to participate in trials. And because other companies would then copy you. On the other hand: if AGHC does what you claim it does, you have invented THE cure for hair loss. Something that would probably win you a nobel prize, make you famous and it's a big step ahead in science. Just my opinion though...

Still hoping for testimonies that are (very) positive...I've used 4/5 vials now and haven't seen or felt a thing (yeah, it's a bit early, I know:P)
Thanks dutch, I am always looking for feedbacks and I truly appreciate your input. I received a couple of emails from the Netherlands and they were both positive. Another one was saying that the regrowth was not strong but now I don't lose any hair. I understand the waiting game is hard and many wants to see results soon. I guess time will tell.

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:07 pm

That's bold of you Dr AQ to claim that you don't see any negative results being mentioned in those forums. I can't believe some of you here are contemplating ordering a second round. Fool me once......[/quote]

I guess we need to define what we mean by " negative results ". The average user of minox start seeing "results" after 6 months and lose them within weeks after stopping the minox. Not to mention the side effects. The same goes with Propecia and fin. I am still waiting for the side effects from the HC and I don't see any. Minor shedding is not considered side effect (to my knowledge).
I wish you didn't end your post with "fool me once.... " its not a nice thing to say.

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:52 am

So its been 3 months to the day since the HC was released for sale - given shipping times and a couple weeks on average for most to complete thier treatment once they recieved it means that the longest time anyone could have under thier belt since completing the treatment is about 9 weeks. So that equates to most being between 1/2 and 2/3rds of the way thru the 15 week duration where supposedly if you were going to get a result you should see it by then with 23% requiring a second round (if I remember correctly). I'm about to start my first course of treatment this week - I'm a NW4, diffuse thinner with no bald areas of skin, just varying stages of miniaturiztion. My hair progressed to the point its at now about 10 years ago and then stopped and hasnt progressed any further. Since many of my hairs have been in that diminished state for so long, I will not be expecting or evaluating success or failure of the HC for at least 6 months.

One concern I do have regarding going forward giving myself an optimal chance of success, is the whole question of "to laser or not to laser". and I'm talking about a REAL laser, one of substancial, full coverage power, of the caliber that OMG/nidhogge makes.

So has anyone here used a REAL laser devise with the A&G HC? Not interested in hearing from people with those laughable handheld pieces of sh*t! (you might as well point a flashlight at your head!) ;)

Jajo

ClayShaw

Post by ClayShaw » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:08 am

Dr.AQ wrote:I am glad to see different forums around the world communicating and interacting. If anyone here from the Dutch and German forums please pass this message " Hello and thank you for believing in A&G Hair Complex, There are many doubts and indeed many opinions about the HC and some about me. I am a firm believer in this product and if there is anything we can do to help the people in your corner of the world, please feel free to contact me through this forum or email us."

That's bold of you Dr AQ to claim that you don't see any negative results being mentioned in those forums. I can't believe some of you here are contemplating ordering a second round. Fool me once......
I guess we need to define what we mean by " negative results ". The average user of minox start seeing "results" after 6 months and lose them within weeks after stopping the minox. Not to mention the side effects. The same goes with Propecia and fin. I am still waiting for the side effects from the HC and I don't see any. Minor shedding is not considered side effect (to my knowledge).
I wish you didn't end your post with "fool me once.... " its not a nice thing to say.[/quote]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buddy, once you start stealing $200 from people, you can forget about them being nice to you.

maup

Post by maup » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:34 am

Hello everyone i'm also from the dutch forum and i used A&G since 1 april so right now i'm in week 11 i think and my hair looks worse than ever. Didn't the Dr. say there should be results in 8 weeks? I don't think this product is going to do anything for me. I can't believe there are people that are going to buy a second round, that's just stupid. What proof is there of this stuff apart from the Dr.'s claims? On the dutch site nobody had any positive results so far. And why can't the Dr. take a normal picture of the succesfull trialists, even a little child could do that. Those people that supposely went from a NW4 or 5 to a NW2 with 40% regrowth. If that realy happened why not put those pictures on the site? It makes no sense.The pics on the A&G site are a joke. I dont see any improvement. Why put such pics on your site? There's no excuse for that. But hey maybe i'm wrong and in 1 month i'll have a whole lot of new hair. Althought i think the chance of peace on earth or being abducted by a UFO or something is bigger. I'll report it here if something good happenes but i already accepted that i threw $200 in the garbagecan. I should have waited for results from other forum members but i was kinda despererate to try something new at the time. Hey Dr. do we get our money back if in 1 month there is stil no impovement? probably not. greetz

Mrhairs
Regular Poster

Post by Mrhairs » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:20 am

Do you still believe in a&g?
Do you want to understand that it is a whole cheat?
a&g hair complex is to scam, don't buy it, it is totally an useless product

Dr.Aq
It would be honest if refunded the money to whom has bought it, she has deceived us
41% regrowth
a&g hair complex is better propecia
all nonsense, scam, scam, scam, scam scam scam, scam scam scam scam

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:40 am

Can anybody say anything positive? Please reply if you have no shedding after 12 weeks

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:46 pm

intricate i think if anyone was responding well they would come back and give a "yeah baby". but that hasnt happened and idn if it is going to happen

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:09 pm

I have no shedding...but that's about all I can say at the moment.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:24 pm

All that good feeling I had in March... man I felt so confident with this product, now my confidence has really fallen. Who knows though, maybe in a few months, we would hear lots of people say "omg my hair is actually growing back".... leave me with this thought for a moment please, I want to get lost in fantasy world.

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:05 pm

Jacob wrote:I have no shedding...but that's about all I can say at the moment.
My hair was okay till yesterday no shed, I get a haircut yesterday and have been shedding profusely. Every time I run my finger through my head 2 or three fall off my pillow full of hair I hadn't seen that for 10 weeks now, it is scary because I thought the a&g was preventing the loss and that was comforting now I don't know anymore. Jacob did you shed at some point and the it ceased again or did you not shed since a&g?

mouse
Occasional Poster

Post by mouse » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:29 am

i'm definitely in the "prevention" camp rather than looking for any kind of dramatic reversal, and i have to say - so far so good. things certainly feel like they're moving in the right direction, and my scalp has had a tingling/itching feeling as if it's "healing." i also managed to get 13-15 applications out of only 3 vials and will do the other two when i return home at the end of the summer.

i think people here are getting a little paranoid, which i'm sure has a lot to do with the cost of this product. frankly, i came to terms with it a long time ago and understand that anything worthwhile isn't going to come from some cheap topical or $10 bottle of vitamins that you get at the supermarket. i also feel that this angle (ie. stem cells/cell regeneration) is where the next breakthrough will happen and will give it time and patience.

i'm also keeping a keen eye on the pigmentation issue to see if growth factors are effective in restoring pigmentation to graying hair. so far there's really nothing out there that does a good job with this so if it has any effect it will be significant.

good luck.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:26 am

intricate1 wrote:
My hair was okay till yesterday no shed, I get a haircut yesterday and have been shedding profusely. Every time I run my finger through my head 2 or three fall off my pillow full of hair I hadn't seen that for 10 weeks now, it is scary because I thought the a&g was preventing the loss and that was comforting now I don't know anymore. Jacob did you shed at some point and the it ceased again or did you not shed since a&g?
It almost seems like I did lose some ground..which would mean a shed. I just never noticed the hair coming out or anything. And believe me..I know what it's like to "shed". That's what got me started looking into treatments some 6-7 years ago.

So maybe like goten574 said...sometime this summer maybe things will start happening, even though we were told it should be happening sooner. I still think the stuff needs to be liposomal/nanosomal. I don't think it was a good idea to open a vial and not use it up right away(I did use mine up right away). And I wouldn't be surprised if it'd be better to use it like Caregen's(although theirs IS nanosomal)- with a dermaroller...used once a week...etc.

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:42 am

mouse wrote:i'm definitely in the "prevention" camp rather than looking for any kind of dramatic reversal, and i have to say - so far so good. things certainly feel like they're moving in the right direction, and my scalp has had a tingling/itching feeling as if it's "healing." i also managed to get 13-15 applications out of only 3 vials and will do the other two when i return home at the end of the summer.

i think people here are getting a little paranoid, which i'm sure has a lot to do with the cost of this product. frankly, i came to terms with it a long time ago and understand that anything worthwhile isn't going to come from some cheap topical or $10 bottle of vitamins that you get at the supermarket. i also feel that this angle (ie. stem cells/cell regeneration) is where the next breakthrough will happen and will give it time and patience.

i'm also keeping a keen eye on the pigmentation issue to see if growth factors are effective in restoring pigmentation to graying hair. so far there's really nothing out there that does a good job with this so if it has any effect it will be significant.

good luck.
who are you, how long have you posted? And how long are you in to the treatment? Remember everybody sees results at first

mouse
Occasional Poster

Post by mouse » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:51 am

about 6 weeks after first application. i can't say with certainty whether there are dramatic results - remember, i still have the majority of my hair - but i can definitely say that the scalp and hair feel healthier and stronger. i don't have any slick bald areas and i'm not expecting miracles. i think it's extremely important to maintain scalp condition and halt what is a progressive condition, and in that regard the complex seems to be having some effect. there certainly haven't been any negative effects - a little light shedding of weakened hairs, but i in no way view that as negative.

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:58 am

mouse wrote:about 6 weeks after first application. i can't say with certainty whether there are dramatic results - remember, i still have the majority of my hair - but i can definitely say that the scalp and hair feel healthier and stronger. i don't have any slick bald areas and i'm not expecting miracles. i think it's extremely important to maintain scalp condition and halt what is a progressive condition, and in that regard the complex seems to be having some effect. there certainly haven't been any negative effects - a little light shedding of weakened hairs, but i in no way view that as negative.
I'll give you six more weeks and see if you still feel the same way, I'm at week 11 and losing hope, shedding and losing ground fast

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:23 am

Jacob wrote:
intricate1 wrote:
It almost seems like I did lose some ground..which would mean a shed. I just never noticed the hair coming out or anything. And believe me..I know what it's like to "shed". That's what got me started looking into treatments some 6-7 years ago.

So maybe like goten574 said...sometime this summer maybe things will start happening, even though we were told it should be happening sooner. I still think the stuff needs to be liposomal/nanosomal. I don't think it was a good idea to open a vial and not use it up right away(I did use mine up right away). And I wouldn't be surprised if it'd be better to use it like Caregen's(although theirs IS nanosomal)- with a dermaroller...used once a week...etc.
There is no where to buy caragen's is there? I like that it comes with a dermaroller and I think the doc should make a weekly treaent

aviador
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I
Treatment Regimen: A&G Hair Complex + Clinique Hair Maximizing Serum (Off days)

Post by aviador » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:28 pm

I don't see the shedding as something bad yet. Of course it's annoying and sad to see your hair falling.
I expect to grow back all the lost hair stronger??? I hope so.
I am not going to be pessimistic or to give a definitive opinion yet.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:45 pm

[/quote]
There is no where to buy caragen's is there? I like that it comes with a dermaroller and I think the doc should make a weekly treaent[/quote]

The DermaHeal is available- no dermaroller though. The others...I'll find out soon.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:50 pm

aviador wrote:I don't see the shedding as something bad yet. Of course it's annoying and sad to see your hair falling.
I expect to grow back all the lost hair stronger??? I hope so.
I am not going to be pessimistic or to give a definitive opinion yet.
In order for hair to be strong, doesn't it first have to shed to allow new hair to grow? If so, even long hairs that don't seem effected by MPB could actually be in the very early stages of miniaturation. If Hair Complex is trying to fix the damage, it would knock out hair of all sizes that have been effected by MPB no matter how severe?

aviador
Regular Poster

Post by aviador » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:04 pm

That's what I think goten, but I don't know, time will say. I prefer to wait right now.
Each time I enter here I just read bad things about A&G. I don't feel so negative yet. That's why I don't visit the forum so often as before, because it's easy to get paranoid.

The only thing I have noticed it's that before the hair that used to fall had a white dot in the root, now you see the hair is still thin, but it turns thicker close to the root... :?:

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:35 pm

The white dot at the tip of the hair is the bulb, if you see that, it means the entire hair has fallen out of the follicle. If there is no white bulb, I think that means the hair has been partially removed from the follicle and there are still remains left over but then I think to myself, what would cause hair to snap like that? hair is very tough.

I am negative about this product because 3 or 4 forums (alopezie.de, haarweb.nl, hairloss talk and us) have come together to share their experience and basically 95% of the feedback has been negative or neutral... this is not good but as I said, maybe in the coming months, people will say "wow my hair is actually growing back" but this is just a dream for me, I don't think it holds any truth. Certainly what Dr AQ has said has not come true because he promised results in a time frame most users have already passed. Either Dr AQ is lying or completely misunderstood (on the latter, I don't see how this can be true, he has tried the product on himself, he knows what sort of time frame to expect results). Maybe his hair is different from all of ours (maybe he doesn't have a hair loss condition, or it was just temporary)

This whole thing is frustrating me no end!!!

aviador
Regular Poster

Post by aviador » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Yeah I understand you Goten, I have also been checking the other forums (funny how close they follow my case in the german forum, not so funny some comments about myself, but oh well... :roll: ). I would say the general reaction is mostly neutral, but people is expecting some super incredible regrowth in 2 days (Dr. AQ faults for being so overoptimistic and probably overestimate the capabilities of his product), and that's not going to happen with A&G or with any other product. Even after HT you need months to see some decent results.

For me, a negative result at this point would be some super bad side reaction. That's not happening (as far as I know).
And even if I have been shedding like crazy the last days (there is also some dead skin falling) my hair looks stronger in generall.

I know there are some detractors of A&G already. But you can expect something like that with almost every hairloss product. I would even say there are dudes so tired of their own hairloss that they have turned into professional detractors. They will say no to any new product out in the market. Intercitex was a sucess in Phase 2, still some people say it's a scam (a pitty this small lab doesn't have money to do phase 3).

Then, there is also another problem. As far as I remember, A&G was tested alone (or with laser in the Allure version). So the results they collected are from people using A&G HC as a treatment alone. But most part of the people here have been using other treatments at the same time like minox, propecia,... I remember people asking Dr.AQ if they could still use minox while on A&G, he said they never tried it in their trials... So how can we know if this other treatments are slowing, hiding or even stopping the possible results by A&G ????? That's why I decided to stop Spectral DNC (minox 5%) before starting A&G, because I wanted to be sure, to try it alone.

So, I don't know, I prefer just to wait and be neutral. Before starting A&G I decided to do it and then wait till the end of July. If things are promising I will do a 2nd round, if it doesn't work I will pray for Histogen to be on the market soon and go back to minox :|

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:59 pm

What do they say about you over at the German forum? I haven't been following it much.

I would love to purchase Hair Complex but it's too expensive and I would welcome anyone willing to buy it for me.. (joke). If Hair Complex does work, I would be the ideal candidate as I've never used Finasteride or Minoxidil, only essential oils, tea and supplements which I doubt would have any negative impact (perhaps it would enhance results). I know there are a few people who have used Hair Complex who have also not been on Finasteride or Minoxidil and not seeing anything positive so why is this?

Dr. Greg Maguire and Dr AQ supposively suffered from hair loss, took 1 treatment of Hair Complex (5 vials) and saw positive results (of which they have kept to this day) within weeks of appliance. The original trialists also had good results and most did not need a 2nd treatment, yet we have 4 hair forums here, with a great amount of people trying Hair Complex and what's the success rate so far? No one has reported anywhere near what Dr AQ stated would happen... WHY IS THIS?! Does the fact that we belong to hair forums dampen the effects of Hair Complex? I think not and the likely reason is Hair Complex is no where near as promising as once thought.

I would like Dr. Greg Maguire to post on this forum and hear his side of the story. I have seen NOTHING to suggest Hair Complex is worth buying, yet I still have this large urge to purchase it.

mm12
Regular Poster

Post by mm12 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:13 pm

I have no idea why everyone is so negative. it has been only 11 or 12 weeks since everyone's first application. when I started AGHC I lowered my minox usage from 2-3 times a day to once a day. I stopped using dutasteride(recently). when I started HC I was shedding like crazy but I have no more shedding. except losing few hairs in the shower which is normal . usually when I stop using minox after 6-8 weeks I have crazy sheds which makes me balder. after 11 weeks with HC my hair is healthier and it is improving (it is not a yeah baby yet) and if it continues like that I will completly stop rogaine. I think the dr mis judged the time frame. if we should wait for rogaine 2-4 months to see results and for propecia 6-12 months, why can't we wait for ag's results a litle bit. I think we should wait atleast 12-16 weeks for results not just judge the dr after 10 weeks. like someone called him a thief. I am taking another picture tomorrow and I will post my pictures soon on this site.

mm12
Regular Poster

Post by mm12 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:10 pm

aviador,
here the response from Histogen representative when I contacted them.

Thank you for your message and interest. The preliminary clinical trial of ReGenica for hair regrowth has been completed, and the data is currently under evaluation. The current expected timeframe for market introduction is 2015, based upon the timelines for clinical trials and regulatory approval within the United States. Bringing the product to market outside the US within a shorter timeframe is a possibility we are examining, however no plans have been made in this area.

If I can answer any further questions, please feel free to contact me directly at the email below.

Thank you,

Eileen Naughton Brandt

Director of Corporate Communications

Histogen, Inc.

enaughton@histogeninc.com

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:47 pm

aviador wrote:Then, there is also another problem. As far as I remember, A&G was tested alone (or with laser in the Allure version). So the results they collected are from people using A&G HC as a treatment alone. But most part of the people here have been using other treatments at the same time like minox, propecia,... I remember people asking Dr.AQ if they could still use minox while on A&G, he said they never tried it in their trials... So how can we know if this other treatments are slowing, hiding or even stopping the possible results by A&G ????? That's why I decided to stop Spectral DNC (minox 5%) before starting A&G, because I wanted to be sure, to try it alone.
aviador -

I've been thinking along the same lines. Another factor (if I remember correctly) was that the trialists used it in conjunction with high quality LLLT treatments. Thats why I asked the other night if anyone here (or on the German, Dutch...Madagascar forums ;) ) used the HC in conjunction with a REAL laser devise. The Doc always said that it would work as well without LLLT, but would take longer. OK...so, how much longer? Maybe the whole process had been protracted including early phases (ie, shedding etc)?

If so, some of the folks complaining of seeing only continued, marked shedding at the point where the LLLT folks had started to see actual regrowth, might end up being some hairy SOB's at 25 weeks? God I hope so! [-o<

Jajo

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:19 am

mm12 wrote:I have no idea why everyone is so negative. it has been only 11 or 12 weeks since everyone's first application. when I started AGHC I lowered my minox usage from 2-3 times a day to once a day. I stopped using dutasteride(recently). when I started HC I was shedding like crazy but I have no more shedding. except losing few hairs in the shower which is normal . usually when I stop using minox after 6-8 weeks I have crazy sheds which makes me balder. after 11 weeks with HC my hair is healthier and it is improving (it is not a yeah baby yet) and if it continues like that I will completly stop rogaine. I think the dr mis judged the time frame. if we should wait for rogaine 2-4 months to see results and for propecia 6-12 months, why can't we wait for ag's results a litle bit. I think we should wait atleast 12-16 weeks for results not just judge the dr after 10 weeks. like someone called him a thief. I am taking another picture tomorrow and I will post my pictures soon on this site.
When the doctor says you are expected to see results in x amount of time, and this time has long passed, we are right to be so negative. As far as I know, the doctor only used Hair Complex and not lasers, so he will know what sort of time frame we are looking at for results.

helpmyhair
Seasoned Poster

Post by helpmyhair » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:52 am

I agree that there is way too much negativity on this forum and it is causing paranoia. I think we should keep it to a minimum at least until we are completely sure a couple months from now. Unnessessary stress is never good, and also not good for your hair.

For me, I'm only less than a month in.. my currents results are that my hair feels, and looks healthier.. and also a bit thicker. Basically, I can use styling products easier now then a month or two ago.

My MPB can be described as unnoticeable before treatment and continues as such today. If you have similar hairloss to me, I'd say try it. Because i don't really care if i get any regrowth, just as long as i can maintain what I have. So far that has been the case, and if it continues this way, I'll be more than happy. If you are high up in the norwood scale and people know that you are more than balding, than wait it out and see if its worth your money a couple months from now.