A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jajo
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Post by Jajo » Sun May 24, 2009 1:30 am

Melon Collie wrote:@Jajo,
Well I hope the PG free formula is ready on time for you, Huli and the rest. I know you must be anxious to try it out. I had to wait about 3 weeks after I got my order in and the wait was just killing me.

Best of luck to you, I'll be sure to post my updates as they come.
Thanks and sounds good on the updates!

and yes, I am a bit anxious to try it as I have come to have a strong gut feeling that I'll be a good responder as of late - no reason, just a feeling (and its my opinion that feeling positive about any treatment and believing in it can only help). and if it doesnt - its no big deal. I've come to terms with my hairloss YEARS ago and having a fiance (11 years younger than me) that rivals ANY Victoria's Secret model doesnt hurt either! \:D/

Jajo

Avery
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by Avery » Sun May 24, 2009 3:39 am

I'd say 70% of users get sides.
What? That's absurd. Online forums are terrible measures of such things. Afflicted people are the only ones complaining. Only a small percentage of users get side effects.

p__
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by p__ » Sun May 24, 2009 6:04 am

Swoosh wrote:If you think that throwing your body off balance in this manner is a good thing to do in the long run then I strongly disagree with you. The small percentage of people who get sides from fin/dut is larger than you think.
I think those effects would show up in the double blind placebo controlled studies. Finasteride (1 mg) has been around for about 10 years or so. Not that it is relevant, but I got mild side effects when starting finasteride. A slight tenderness in the nipples, but that disappeared after continued use. Oh, that's me in Melon Collie's avatar, btw :shock: :D Just kidding!

I'd be a little more cautious about dut since it inhibits both isoforms.

goten574 wrote:I'd say 70% of users get sides.
I assume you're joking? As Avery pointed out, internet forums are a terrible way of measuring anything. Join a UFO forum and they'll have you believe the aliens are upon us, join a vampire forum and half the people there will claim to be Nosferatu, join an Elvis forums and they'll tell you he's still alive... Hair loss forums are no different. They have their own set of myths and misconceptions, off-handedly perpetuated on a daily basis. That is not to say that they can't be be useful. Just not very accurate. I'll take a well executed scientific study over forum gossip any day.

goten574
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by goten574 » Sun May 24, 2009 9:32 am

What I meant to say is I would say around 70% of forum users posting on hair loss websites get sides. DHT is needed by the body and reducing that by lots is going to have side effects, and just because you don't notice the side effects, don't mean they aren't there. Things like mood changes etc are hard to notice. If I have not made myself clear, I will rephrase what I said... "If the potential side effects are worse than what you're curing, it's not going to be worth it in my opinion". Yes, headache pills also can have potential side effects but then again, if I had a headache, I would leave it be, I don't like using drugs unless I really have to.

Swimmy
Seasoned Poster

Post by Swimmy » Sun May 24, 2009 11:19 am

I assume you're joking? As Avery pointed out, internet forums are a terrible way of measuring anything. Join a UFO forum and they'll have you believe the aliens are upon us, join a vampire forum and half the people there will claim to be Nosferatu, join an Elvis forums and they'll tell you he's still alive... Hair loss forums are no different. They have their own set of myths and misconceptions, off-handedly perpetuated on a daily basis. That is not to say that they can't be be useful. Just not very accurate. I'll take a well executed scientific study over forum gossip any day.
Probably a well executed study propagated in a effort on the purpose to increase profits

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Sun May 24, 2009 11:32 am

If you guys wanna discuss finasteride just open a new thread, i'll be glad to participate. How's the A&g going?

nate
Seasoned Poster

Post by nate » Sun May 24, 2009 11:45 am

was on fin for years, sides never went away, same with dut

I think it is easy to say "you should get off that stuff, why would you even be on it?" when youre not in the situation and know just how much hair you would lose once you stopped. I would literally lose everything except for a patch or two in the front within a year of stopping dutasteride completely. Yes the sides really bother me, but I don't know that I would necessarily consider them WORSE than just straight up havin to show everyone you are totally bald, it is like a dramatic change in lifestyle. Yes, I know it is total avoidance of something I don't want to face, but i think in the end that is what all hairloss treatments are unless we finally find the one that will work without sides indefinitely

Someone suggested Puerina Murifica or Saw Palmetto, yeah Im pretty sure even if those did work they would cause the same sides, because they work by the same mechanism as other 5ar inhibitors, so i don't think there is a point to that

I was thinking about the treatment, and things i did wrong on it. I think in my effort to conserve it, there were some times where i definitely used too little, I think there should be enough to give your hair two "coats" of the complex, probably 3 times in every bottle. I was trying to stretch it out a little too much by the last bottle.

What about the whole storage thing? I did not store mine in the fridge, I wonder if that will have affected things.

I think in the end it probably should not affect results that much, and if I don't start seeing some results in about a month, I can just conclude that A and G does not work for except in conjunction with dutasteride. I don't want to be like one of those guys who tries RU58841 and it does not work for them and then just spends time OBSESSING about whether or not they stored it right, mixed it right, let too much light get in it etc. instead of just facing the reality that it might just not work for them

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sun May 24, 2009 12:36 pm

These little hairs won't stop shedding!? The hair is still very thin and the gains are not noticible, still very frustrating. Can anybody ask the doc if there is by marginal benefit in using this a second time right now I give this a 5 out of 10 that means an f. Uuh :evil:

aviador
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I
Treatment Regimen: A&G Hair Complex + Clinique Hair Maximizing Serum (Off days)

Post by aviador » Sun May 24, 2009 3:37 pm

Irishpete wrote:
intricate1 wrote:Yes I would like to know if anybody going for a second round because I have seen no growth on my crown and over all I'm still not satisfied
yes i bought 2 batches and will start the second round at the 2 month mark as DR AQ stated that approx 27% required a second dose. To date I can see new peach fuzz int front of the hairline. But one major point I have notice is I stopped minox when i started the treatment and I have seen no shed. The big question is has AG stopped hairloss??? If this product did nothing I would expect the minox depentant hair to fall out, which hasn't happen. The next few months will answer all our questions.
I also stopped minox after 6 months and didn´t have to much shed at all :wink:

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Sun May 24, 2009 4:22 pm

7th week update. At the beginning I was very optimistic about the the HC. I had new hairs sprouting up, huge decrease in shedding, hair was thicker, scalp was in way better shape. Before I used the HC I had very bad seborhic dermatitis then after using the HC, It completely cleared up. I had it very bad, no presciption from the dermatologist could clear up my scalp but the HC did. At about week 6 my scalp inflammation and seborhic dermatitis came back. Now I'm shedding all sorts of hairs (long, short, dark, and light) and it seems like the HC is wearing off so to speak. I guess I just have to wait it out.

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Sun May 24, 2009 4:25 pm

intricate1 wrote:These little hairs won't stop shedding!? The hair is still very thin and the gains are not noticible, still very frustrating. Can anybody ask the doc if there is by marginal benefit in using this a second time right now I give this a 5 out of 10 that means an f. Uuh :evil:
I think the doc should give us people who order a second round some kind of discount.. :doubt:

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Sun May 24, 2009 5:35 pm

1..... wrote:7th week update. At the beginning I was very optimistic about the the HC. I had new hairs sprouting up, huge decrease in shedding, hair was thicker, scalp was in way better shape. Before I used the HC I had very bad seborhic dermatitis then after using the HC, It completely cleared up. I had it very bad, no presciption from the dermatologist could clear up my scalp but the HC did. At about week 6 my scalp inflammation and seborhic dermatitis came back. Now I'm shedding all sorts of hairs (long, short, dark, and light) and it seems like the HC is wearing off so to speak. I guess I just have to wait it out.
How much complex did you apply each time? half a vial each time? or... ?

Prolific Poster
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure

Post by 1..... » Sun May 24, 2009 6:29 pm

goten574 wrote:
1..... wrote:7th week update. At the beginning I was very optimistic about the the HC. I had new hairs sprouting up, huge decrease in shedding, hair was thicker, scalp was in way better shape. Before I used the HC I had very bad seborhic dermatitis then after using the HC, It completely cleared up. I had it very bad, no presciption from the dermatologist could clear up my scalp but the HC did. At about week 6 my scalp inflammation and seborhic dermatitis came back. Now I'm shedding all sorts of hairs (long, short, dark, and light) and it seems like the HC is wearing off so to speak. I guess I just have to wait it out.
How much complex did you apply each time? half a vial each time? or... ?

Full vial each time.

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sun May 24, 2009 7:36 pm

So I can feel some tiny hairs for a while now and what is mnaking me so mad is that the just stay the same size as if the ran out of fuel and can't grow, has anybody else experienced this. Maybe I should call the doc and see if I should do more of the hc

Prolific Poster
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure

Post by 1..... » Sun May 24, 2009 7:49 pm

intricate1 wrote:So I can feel some tiny hairs for a while now and what is mnaking me so mad is that the just stay the same size as if the ran out of fuel and can't grow, has anybody else experienced this. Maybe I should call the doc and see if I should do more of the hc
Same thing happening here

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sun May 24, 2009 8:01 pm

1..... wrote:
intricate1 wrote:So I can feel some tiny hairs for a while now and what is mnaking me so mad is that the just stay the same size as if the ran out of fuel and can't grow, has anybody else experienced this. Maybe I should call the doc and see if I should do more of the hc
1...... Thanks for the response, how long since you started and do you believe minix would help those hairs grow? Also are you using anything else?

Mrhairs
Regular Poster

Post by Mrhairs » Sun May 24, 2009 11:59 pm

It seems that a&g hair complex gives more damages that improvements. Doc has escaped.
truthfully
a&g hair complex is more effective than rogaine or propecia. ahaaaaaahaaaaaaaa
41% regrowth. ahahahahhhaaaaaaaa

shedding is caused by stop your regiment, not shedding induced
itching is caused by glicole propilenic, not bulb enlargement

all foolishness

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily

Post by dreamlandman » Mon May 25, 2009 2:34 am

Mrhairs wrote:It seems that a&g hair complex gives more damages that improvements. Doc has escaped.
truthfully

all foolishness
:lol: You remind me of 'Hudson' from Aliens.

Dutchhairloss
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: At the moment:
nothing
In the past:
Finasteride (propecia 1 mg) (1 year and 6 months)
Minoxidil (2%) (6 months)
Ketoconazol (for about 3 months)
In the future:
Whatever the future may bring us;)

Post by Dutchhairloss » Mon May 25, 2009 3:47 am

Great, I ordered my AGHC just today, and now it seems like it's all a scam?

Where ís the doc btw?
Can't someone (living in the US) call him or something?:s
There were two things that made me somewhat trust this "medicine":
-Positive results from people;
-he fact that the doc kept visiting this forum/topic, even when people started their treatment

Now both seem gone...
Although some users (like melon C) are having very positive effects, overall people seem to be on the negative side.

Is there an option to poll?
I know there is a separate results topic, but I'm really interested in numbers and statistics...how many people (on this forum) are using AGHC and how many have positive results (and what kind of positive results), how many don't feel a thing and how many experience negative results). One important thing is to select results per week, because, for example, someone who is in week 8 has more effects than people in week 1 or 2.

Then another question to the forumusers:

Should I use AGHC, yes or no (and please explain why), I already made my order, but if there's 99% nay-sayers here I don't know if I'll use it...

davetherave
Seasoned Poster

Post by davetherave » Mon May 25, 2009 4:06 am

I believe Dr AQ is in Asia. Check his website.

Quote:
Dr. Ahmed Al-Qahtani and Dr. Greg Maguire will be touring Asia in the month of May. They will be presenting the science and technology behind their products in the following cities:
Japan, Tokyo May 21-23
Korea, Seoul May 23-26
Taiwan May 26-28
China May 28- June 1

Dutchhairloss
Regular Poster
nothing
In the past:
In the future:

Post by Dutchhairloss » Mon May 25, 2009 4:12 am

hmm, that may explain some things, but last time I checked, asia had internet too:p

astro_boy
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Experimenting like Crazy

Post by astro_boy » Mon May 25, 2009 5:27 am

It's not his job to be on this forum, I'm sure his real work takes priority. Just be patient.

Dutchhairloss
Regular Poster
nothing
In the past:
In the future:

Post by Dutchhairloss » Mon May 25, 2009 6:09 am

I would be, if it weren't for all those negative reactions about this treatment that are popping up lately

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Mon May 25, 2009 7:15 am

It would be interesting to know when Dr AQ claims that the averge users can expect to see a substantial and undeniable cosmetic effect, something like 20% regrowth or thereabout. It could be any other number, if Dr AQ so pleases, be it 15% or 40%, as long as it is a clearly defined and openly stated metric and the results are substantial enough that there can be no debate. Not just a hair or two in the hairline or more peach fuzz that is only visible upon close inspection. That could too easily be coincidence. After all, individual hairs come and go all the time, it is a natural cycle, and the general density and rate of shedding fluctuates over the year, too.

Dr AQ, how many weeks does it take for the average user to get 20% regrowth counting from date of the last application? If that data is not available, is it available for any other percentage? 15%, 25%, 30%, 35%, 40% regrowth?

Prolific Poster
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure

Post by 1..... » Mon May 25, 2009 10:55 am

intricate1 wrote:
1..... wrote:
1...... Thanks for the response, how long since you started and do you believe minix would help those hairs grow? Also are you using anything else?
I honestly have no idea, it is pretty frustrating as you probably know. I dont want to use minox because my bad scalp condition has came back and I think that would make it worse. I am using ovation cell therapy which I bought a little bit ago before the HC and it is clearing up my Seborhic dermatitis quite well so idn I think im guna get another HC and use Ovation the whole time and hope my scalp stays cleared

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Mon May 25, 2009 11:33 am

I remember reading minox keeps hair in the anagen state, so I figured it might help with those non growing tiny hairs. Is any one using minox right now, I don't want to start it again because I am afraid to get a crazy shed? I doubt the doctor has not looked over the forum, maybe he is just waiting till he gets back to answer!

Whoop
Regular Poster

Post by Whoop » Mon May 25, 2009 2:50 pm

intricate1 wrote:I remember reading minox keeps hair in the anagen state, so I figured it might help with those non growing tiny hairs. Is any one using minox right now, I don't want to start it again because I am afraid to get a crazy shed? I doubt the doctor has not looked over the forum, maybe he is just waiting till he gets back to answer!
No man, he's looking for pictures to upload to their website ofcourse!

oh wait.....

:evil:

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Mon May 25, 2009 10:20 pm

I can't believe this, I realy had high hopes for this. I hope doc does not go MIA, I realy stood up for him in other forums

nate
Seasoned Poster

Post by nate » Mon May 25, 2009 10:43 pm

Mrhairs wrote:It seems that a&g hair complex gives more damages that improvements. Doc has escaped.
truthfully

all foolishness

I think that kind of talk is a bit premature. I think the stuff works, but probably not to the degree the doctor claims. but i dont know, it has not been 3 months yet. I seriously doubt at all that it gives more damage than improvement. I have never been one to believe that this product or that product makes hair worse. Unless it is proven to make hair come out like nair. I think in reality, there are just products that work (which for me all have sides) and products that dont in which case you will see recession at the normal rate. I think the second point just seems worse cuz we are eagerly hoping for improvement, therefore we feel way worse when it does not work out. In the end, i don't think the complex will hurt anything except for our hope, but i lost that a long time ago

so let's reserve all the "scam" like talks for another month or two

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Mon May 25, 2009 10:49 pm

Hello everyone,
I am sorry for being MIA, I am in Hong Kong right now heading to China. I've ben busy with seminars and meetings and when I get the chance to get online, I am answering my emails. I will try to stop by more often until I get back.

Dutch hairloss: What negative results are you referring to? Melon, 1..., and other have seeing positive results, who had negative results?

Mrhairs: Did you try the HC and you've seen no results. You've ben attacking the HC in every forum and you haven't even tried it. Propecia, minox, fin these products have been out for a while, and if they have shown results, HC won't be here.

P__ : people respond differently to the HC, the majority of people see results post 8 weeks and continue to improve.

I am not a good business man and A&G is not your managed is away we should. We work hard and we are honest. Both Dr. Maguire and I have other full time jobs. We go beyund the calling to provide good customer support and high quality products. The pictures will be up and I am not the person who will fire someone easily ( I am too nice of a guy that is why I am a bad manager). Once I am back, I will work on the pics and might contact Prega for help.
I have to catch my flight..
see you guys in China..

LiverPool
Regular Poster

Post by LiverPool » Tue May 26, 2009 1:12 am

Thanks for replying Dr AQ. I personally don't doubt your honesty or sincerity. But it's hard to stay trusting when you keep promising about pics and yet here we are over a month after the launch and no pics. That leaves some of us to speculate that you might not have as good of results as you have been mentioning.

Niceness doesn't come into the equation here; you are running a business where you sell your product for $200 a pop. I don't see how you can neglect your website to such a state as it is in currently.

And for those who mentioned how the regrowing hairs are staying the same length, the doc hinted at formulating a hair vitamin type product. There already are great options out there that can serve the same purpose.

The Seb dermatitis is most likely due to the PPG. I for one am waiting for a PPG-free HC.

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Tue May 26, 2009 3:32 am

Well even though I don't agree with mr hair calling this a scam, I still cannot see any improvement because my regrown hairs seem to stay very tiny and I still shed those tiny hairs.My crown never improved I was so happy to find those tiny hairs, the doctor can't seem to say if one more application would help my situation or what? I'm willing to do a second round at this price if it will have results.
I was going to tell my friends who also suffer from mpb about the HC and I'm so glad I waited because they would have been asking for their money back from me.

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Tue May 26, 2009 3:38 am

Dr.AQ wrote: P__ : people respond differently to the HC, the majority of people see results post 8 weeks and continue to improve.
Naturally people will respond differently, as with any drug. That is why I asked about the average user, or the mean time required to achieve a specific amount of regrowth. I meant it in the most statistical sense. Have you collected any such data? The problem with a phrase like "see results" is that it is highly subjective includes comsetically insignficant changes, like a hair or two or peach fuzz. Such results are always debatable. What I would like to know when the average user statistically will see undeniable results, say 20% regrowth! If you don't have that data, you must surely at least be able to tell how many weeks into treatment (on average) you measured the 41% increase? I would like an as exact figure as possible. That way, we know how long we should have to wait to review the product and not risk passing premature judgement.

Have a great time in China!
Last edited by p__ on Thu May 28, 2009 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

mm12
Regular Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Rogaine, Avodart

Post by mm12 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:04 pm

it has been now 8 weeks since my first application. I am confused if I should believe this product or not. I think I will wait until week 12 before I judg this product since rogaine takes 8-16 weeks for the results to show and propecia 6-8 months. whenever I speak to the dr. he makes me believe him that this product works and I take his word for it.

nate
Seasoned Poster

Post by nate » Tue May 26, 2009 8:57 pm

mm12 wrote:it has been now 8 weeks since my first application. I am confused if I should believe this product or not. I think I will wait until week 12 before I judg this product since rogaine takes 8-16 weeks for the results to show and propecia 6-8 months. whenever I speak to the dr. he makes me believe him that this product works and I take his word for it.
I think after 8 weeks you should be able to make some kind of a judgement on it. To his credit Dr. AQ really does believe in his product, in the FAQ it basically summarized what he said, that you should wait until after you are done with your first round of treatments, you should wait to see results before trying the second round. Now that my friends is confidence in your product. He could easily have said, yeah, just buy another round if you don't see anything because of X, Y, Z or whatever. I think he is sincere about the effectiveness of the product. Now whether it actually works is a different question. So I don't think we should all be afraid of saying "I don't see results at all" if you really don't see results.

I can honestly say at 5 days after my last treatment (14 treatments) I don't see lasting results yet, I think I was seeing results during treatment when I was using 1 dut EOD, but when i lowered it, it got worse. In one month I guess I'll know for sure if anything stuck around.

By the way, I really don't think rogaine or propecia should take that long to show results. Some people say, "nope, propecia will not give results in less than 6 months, anything you think you see is just in your head". I think that is bs, i saw the beginning of results much sooner. I think people sometimes just don't want to admit, I'm not seeing results.

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Tue May 26, 2009 11:28 pm

mm12 wrote:it has been now 8 weeks since my first application. I am confused if I should believe this product or not. I think I will wait until week 12 before I judg this product since rogaine takes 8-16 weeks for the results to show and propecia 6-8 months. whenever I speak to the dr. he makes me believe him that this product works and I take his word for it.
I also saw great improvements, but now I shed little hairs like crazy and ones I have left don't grow long. It feels like it was steroids for my hair and slowly it is loosing ground. My crown looks realy bad, I like to use the rogaine foam to cosmeticaly conseal the thinning and I can't find any thing else that makes cosmetic significant difference so I'm using it again which I hate cause of the odor. I see results with propecia in 3 months but I would only use that if I can maintain it with a&g. So I am not gonna give a final review for a while but I lose hope little bit evry day. Can some body 8-12 weeks in say something encouraging about this? It has been 8 weeks for me

Fizzball
Prolific Poster

Post by Fizzball » Wed May 27, 2009 2:31 am

Well I think one of the greatest appeal to this treatment is that it is being marketed as a one time treatment which i must admit sounds pretty astounding in comparison to the current treatments available however based on the comments being made from its users that hardly seems a reality right now.
Shedding also seems to becoming a bigger issue with many people here however its hard to say because I'm not a regular to these types of forums and don't know ppl and the treatments they have been using, if you are testing this product and prior to this was on propecia or minox my guess is that shedding is expected especially if you have since discontinued after all those treatments require continued use and any change in hat will result in shedding.

I'm very keen to here from the doctor and hope that someone is preparing some cohesive questions that can be submit to the doctor therefore we get a more complete and precise response.
It would be nice if perhaps a Mod/admin compose an official Q&A interview behind the scenes based on all the key questions being asked and after that invite the good Dr to take follow up questions in the forum by the general public after the article is released, thats how I would have composed a Q&A with a person of distinction and it probably would go a lot smoother and result in a more informative article responses.

anyway back on to the issues can anyone comment on the improvements they have seen based on the quality of the hairs existing and new ones, I am considering purchasing a USB microscope and making a few detailed observations of my hair before and after... that is if I do take on A&G, I'm kinda on the fence with this one at the moment and am afraid of shedding as this will be my first attempt at fighting hair loss.
Don't mistake my optimism for stupidity

Dutchhairloss
Regular Poster
nothing
In the past:
In the future:

Post by Dutchhairloss » Wed May 27, 2009 3:10 am

Dear Dr AQ,

You were asking me about the negative comments, and just checking this page I see 2 people with negative comments: mm12 and intricate1.

I have to admit that seeing you post here, does give me a boost-of-faith for this product, though I'm afraid that, after seeing some negative posts, it may not give me the results that I'm hoping for (or any at all):

I'm a NW II/III with diffuse thinning on the MPB region (light on my head makes my skin visible).
I wish to fill up my crown (which has some hair left, but it's all pigmentless) and make my hair fuller, so that the diffuse thinning is reversed (no more visible skin when there's light aimed at it). And it would ofcourse be nice to regain some hair on my temples and to "lower my hairline towards my eyes a bit".

Are these realistic expectations? (I'm not aiming for a 100% recovery or something, but some recovering would be nice)

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Wed May 27, 2009 3:45 am

Fizzball wrote:I'm very keen to here from the doctor and hope that someone is preparing some cohesive questions that can be submit to the doctor therefore we get a more complete and precise response.
It would be nice if perhaps a Mod/admin compose an official Q&A interview behind the scenes based on all the key questions being asked and after that invite the good Dr to take follow up questions in the forum by the general public after the article is released, thats how I would have composed a Q&A with a person of distinction and it probably would go a lot smoother and result in a more informative article responses.
Did you check out the separate Q&A thread? I realize it's not exactly what you're asking for, but it's a bit similar.
Dutchhairloss wrote:Are these realistic expectations? (I'm not aiming for a 100% recovery or something, but some recovering would be nice)
Oh, come on now! You know he's going to say "yes". It's not the promises regarding the product that are somewhat lacking at this point... :) :twisted: :wink:

driver52
Regular Poster

Post by driver52 » Wed May 27, 2009 3:02 pm

mm12,

Didnt the complex stop your shedding? I know thats not close to the expectations that the dr gave but thats pretty good for 8 weeks no? Once shedding stops it only makes sense that the hair should begin to thicken. If the complew would stop my shedding I would be pretty happy.

ps im almost 8 weeks in and no noticeable results

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Wed May 27, 2009 3:53 pm

Am I the only one here who wants to try the complex but hasn't comit to purchase yet?

powersam
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: minox, dut, nizoral lotion and liberal servings of Australian Shiraz

Post by powersam » Wed May 27, 2009 5:57 pm

driver52 wrote:
mm12,

Didnt the complex stop your shedding? I know thats not close to the expectations that the dr gave but thats pretty good for 8 weeks no? Once shedding stops it only makes sense that the hair should begin to thicken. If the complew would stop my shedding I would be pretty happy.

hair loss is caused by miniaturization of the hair follicle, not shedding.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Wed May 27, 2009 6:00 pm

powersam wrote:
driver52 wrote:
mm12,

But doesn't hair loss increase shedding? In MPB, the stage in the hair cycle where hair is shed is lengthened, or am I mistaken?

driver52
Regular Poster

Post by driver52 » Wed May 27, 2009 6:46 pm

powersam wrote:
driver52 wrote:
mm12,

When the hair follicle miniturizes, it becomes weaker and is more likely to be shed.

A person suffering from mpb will shed more than a person with healthy hair which im sure many people in this forum are familiar with. Therefore if the complex is to reverse mpb than it would make sense for it to slow shedding.

kamisama
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamisama » Wed May 27, 2009 6:47 pm

goten574 wrote:Am I the only one here who wants to try the complex but hasn't comit to purchase yet?

waiting for the ppg free version. but seeing the response now, im demoralised..

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Wed May 27, 2009 8:26 pm

goten574 wrote:Am I the only one here who wants to try the complex but hasn't comit to purchase yet?
Don't buy it I will let u know if I ever think it's worth it

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Wed May 27, 2009 9:04 pm

Dr. AQ,

It has been exactly 8 weeks for me and I see nothing, in fact my crown looks thinner than ever. What is your advice now?

kamisama
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamisama » Wed May 27, 2009 9:34 pm

Currently it seems that justthin, jajo and perga are the ones getting positive results. did i miss out anyone?

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Wed May 27, 2009 9:49 pm

ok so we all know that as far as growth this is not what we are craving, can anybody say that the shedding has gin away?! For me I shed little hairs like crazy but I'm wondering if those were just the hairs grown from a&g and now their falling, so I want to know does anybody believe if I get regrowth from propecia that I will be able to maintain it. To make things clear do you guys think the HC is a good way to maintain what you have ?
I just don't wanna ruin 4 month of my life on meds if I won't be able to keep my hair

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Wed May 27, 2009 10:40 pm

kamisama wrote:Currently it seems that justthin, jajo and perga are the ones getting positive results. did i miss out anyone?
Sorry bud - I havent used A&G HC yet. Still waiting for the PG-free version...

also - last I read, "melon collie" and his older brother were seeing some positive (early) results...

Jajo