A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

losinit
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Propecia, laser, A & G

Re: A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Post by losinit » Thu May 21, 2009 12:01 pm

Mrhairs,

When reading my previous post regarding "peach fuzz," note that I clearly stated that there were positive results beyond "peach fuzz." I have seen new, pigmented hairs. I am only 8 weeks into my treatment, and thus far, pleased with the results. The hesitancy I convey is simply because I don't know what the future holds. I don't know if progress will cease tomorrow or continue in perpetuity. If progress continues at the same rate as it has thus far, I imagine I will be very, very pleased. Granted, I doubt that progress will continue indefinitely. We shall see. However, citing my post as a negative post is contrary to my intentions. It was meant to express cautious, albeit very cautious, optimism. Some may not have had a positive response, but throughout this thread, there have been many who have. It is up to the readers of the thread to decide what's best for them, and if $200 is worth it. Thanks.

mitcky
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood III A
Treatment Regimen: Premox

Post by mitcky » Thu May 21, 2009 12:10 pm

losinit wrote:Mrhairs,

When reading my previous post regarding "peach fuzz," note that I clearly stated that there were positive results beyond "peach fuzz." I have seen new, pigmented hairs. I am only 8 weeks into my treatment, and thus far, pleased with the results. The hesitancy I convey is simply because I don't know what the future holds. I don't know if progress will cease tomorrow or continue in perpetuity. If progress continues at the same rate as it has thus far, I imagine I will be very, very pleased. Granted, I doubt that progress will continue indefinitely. We shall see. However, citing my post as a negative post is contrary to my intentions. It was meant to express cautious, albeit very cautious, optimism. Some may not have had a positive response, but throughout this thread, there have been many who have. It is up to the readers of the thread to decide what's best for them, and if $200 is worth it. Thanks.

Did you have the severe itching and tingling and is there a way to lessen it?? thanks

intricate1
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: A&G hair complex rogain nizoral

Post by intricate1 » Thu May 21, 2009 12:22 pm

Losinit I think it is VERY IMPORTANT for readers to know that you are using PROPECIA, I can have a full head of hair with propecia and minox alone. Alot of us can't stand propecia, if I take propecia the countless sideeffects are not worth it. We want to hear your results but are you going to stop propecia?

losinit
Occasional Poster

Post by losinit » Thu May 21, 2009 1:30 pm

intricate1 wrote:

Losinit I think it is VERY IMPORTANT for readers to know that you are using PROPECIA, I can have a full head of hair with propecia and minox alone. Alot of us can't stand propecia, if I take propecia the countless sideeffects are not worth it. We want to hear your results but are you going to stop propecia?
I do take generic propecia and have mentioned this in previous emails. I will continue taking it since I do think it works in stopping hair loss, and I don't know what would happen if I stopped. If AG is only temporary, any hairs gained will be lost. I feel like propecia is a good way to retain the few hairs that AG has cropped up. Obviously, if AG performs miraculously, I would reconsider. But note, propecia has nothing to do with recent hairs emerging. These hairs - probably 20 to 40 visible, weak, pigmented hairs in front - have emerged since taking AG.

My post was simply a response to mrhairs' post which I felt mischaracterized my reports. While nothing astonishing has happened thus far, to steal a phrase, there are glimmers of hope. At the same time, they are hardly visible to the naked eye. I don't want to appear too optimistic and give people false hope. More time, months likely, is needed.

losinit
Occasional Poster

Post by losinit » Thu May 21, 2009 1:32 pm

mitcky wrote:

Did you have the severe itching and tingling and is there a way to lessen it?? thanks
Some itching and tingling? Yes. Severe? No. A way to lessen it? Have a few drinks, though that's more a treatment than a cure.

Swimmy
Seasoned Poster

Post by Swimmy » Thu May 21, 2009 1:52 pm

Tingling and itching could be a good or bad thing. It may be a revitalization in the hair follicles. Sometimes when you shave hair off when it starts to grow back it can get itchy. Good thing

Bad thing. some people seem to have a allergic reaction, or maybe the EG is just too strong.

If you are getting inflammation of the scalp and itchiness make sure you have a SLS free shampoo That will help. Also taking something like curcumin can lower the inflammation in the scalp. Of course there are plenty of other vitamins on the market that work for this sort of thing. So it might help looking into that

aviador
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I
Treatment Regimen: A&G Hair Complex + Clinique Hair Maximizing Serum (Off days)

Post by aviador » Thu May 21, 2009 2:29 pm

Mrhairs wrote:Bad notice yet. Nobody sees really regrowth, how do you yet believe on this product? I only see that new entry users see regrowth of insignificant peach fuzz. The time has passed and that dott Aq told doesn't happen. Does need to wait yet? My opinion is some good sign of really job should to see already. I'am hungry, many promises and no results. how disgusting
Where is dott.Aq? it has escaped
Time has passed? Really? I am already in my 3rd month after treatment? Wow, I think we have different concept of time.
Your opinion is your opinion, and that´s all. Is your opinion built in your own experience using the product or in the conclusion you take from posters?

We know hair takes time to grow. For a thin hair to turn again into a healthy hair many cycles are needed. Right now I am shedding some hairs, but I am also regrowing others.Specially in my hairline and temples. They are still small (not enough time for them to grow longer) but they are stronger than before. This is for me a good sign that is working. And I am not using propecia or minox. I am not using anything at all. Just did the treatment and if things continue this way I will be happy to have done it.

Why to others is not working so good? Well as I stated in other post, Propecia or minox doesn´t work with some people either, or more probably, their MPB is more advanced than they expected. But remember shedded hairs grow back again. Alopecia is not to lose some hairs in the shower, alopecia is to lose these hairs and when they grow up again they do thinner,fall again and grow more thinner, fall again and grow more thinner, till they turn almost invisible, and then finally stop growing forever. For those who are shedding a lot I would say to wait and see if these hairs that are falling, when they start their new cycle they do it stronger or thinner.

But of course I am not a well known poster... :roll:

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu May 21, 2009 3:27 pm

aviador wrote:But of course I am not a well known poster... :roll:
Aviador, you don't have to be a well-known poster to post here. ;)

Swoosh
Regular Poster

Post by Swoosh » Thu May 21, 2009 4:28 pm

HairLossFight.com wrote:
Who said he had to be?

Why is everyone taking insult from Jacob's known posters thread? It's simple logic that those most likely to be shills are those who just joined here and have not posted anywhere else before. If that describes you, that doesn't mean we are saying you ARE a shill. Of course there could be individuals who infiltrated the organization long ago. In that case we need 007.

Lighten up. There is good reason to be skeptical about this product. No one is saying the noobs shouldn't post here nor are they saying they have no credibility.
Last edited by Swoosh on Thu May 21, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aviador
Regular Poster

Post by aviador » Thu May 21, 2009 4:47 pm

HairLossFight.com wrote:
Hahaha, thanky Sam!
I think you built here a nice play. I really like how the information is displayed and people is quite educated.
In the spanish forum I usually visit they are stuck to Intercitex and Follica for a long time ago.

By the way how are you doing with A&G?

@Swoosh

Hey dude, I am sorry. It was not my intention to offend anybody.
I think Jacob is a researcher, all the time posting new things, so he has my respect.

We are the first one tring A&G so I agree we can be skeptic.
But one thing is to be skeptical, and something totally different it´s to be negative all the time. :wink:

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu May 21, 2009 5:30 pm

Swoosh wrote:
HairLossFight.com wrote:
Who said he had to be?

Why is everyone taking insult from Jacob's known posters thread? It's simple logic that those most likely to be shills are those who just joined here and have not posted anywhere else before. If that describes you, that doesn't mean we are saying you ARE a shill. Of course there could be individuals who infiltrated the organization long ago. In that case we need 007.

Lighten up. There is good reason to be skeptical about this product. No one is saying the noobs shouldn't post here nor are they saying they have no credibility.
Hey Swoosh, thanks for clarifying to new members the logic behind Jacob's known posters thread.

My intent in replying to aviador was to dispel any confusion as to whether members are welcome to post here, regardless of whether they are new or not. Obviously, new or not, members ARE welcome to post in these forums.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu May 21, 2009 6:32 pm

Just an update on my trying to have Dr. AQ send me the pictures for now. Have yet to hear back from him or Kimberly :-s

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Thu May 21, 2009 7:06 pm

No pictures no problem, your feedback counts to me more jacob

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu May 21, 2009 7:43 pm

It is a problem when they're supposed to be there :!:

However..I did just receive a response from Dr. AQ. He's in Korea..heading to Tokyo soon. When he runs..he runs! Just kidding...

The webmaster has been fired..a temp is taking over..pictures should be up soon. :-s Pics can't be sent to me for copyright reasons..

He's going to try to get on the forum here while he's in Japan. I hope we won't have to use a translator. And..he apologizes for the delays etc again.

nate
Seasoned Poster

Post by nate » Thu May 21, 2009 8:23 pm

I think people are too dramatic sometimes when it comes to this product. Everyone should stay cautiously optimistic, and if it does not work at all for you, then i think you should know that that is all you can assume, that it does not work for YOU. It does not mean that it is a scam. Here's reality: sometimes a product works for others but not for you. Sometimes a product gives you side effects, but not others. That is just the luck of the draw sometimes. I myself get as mad as anyone sometimes, but seriously guys, everyone needs to be calm and just observe

ok, so, for the last 8 days or so I have really backed off of dutasteride, to only topical, half a pill every other day, this is the lowest i have been on dut in years. Anytime i have backed off from a pill a day, i have always started to recede. Unfortunately, I do feel that my head is like 1000 times itchier since backing off of dut even more, like painfully mpb itchy, my scalp is way more flaky, and i think my gains from A n G are slowing down. Its hard to tell but i think my hair is starting to look weaker, but sometimes i think it looks better. I don't know tho, maybe it is all in my head. The shedding is still down compared to more than a month ago, but are the shed hairs growing back? I will say that usually this itchiness is accompanied by a feeling of wet/greasy on my scalp and heavy shedding. This has not really happened for me YET.

I got to be honest: I can't see how it would be possible for any of the gains and thickness to stick around after i stop dut and stop A and G when the vials are done. I just don't think there will be one day where all of a sudden the itchiness stops and things just start gowing stronger than ever. However, as a supplement to some kind of 5ar inihibitor, it works better so far than anything that I have ever used. EVER.

I think the best thing this company could do would be to lower the price and turn it into a more diluted daily or every other day treatment. Maybe like $100 a month or something, maybe a little lower. I could get behind that and I think it might work in the end. Guess we'll find out soon enough if the gains stay after the treatment is done

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Thu May 21, 2009 8:41 pm

That didn't sound cautiously optimistic, I have read your other posts and I know you have one of the more severe cases of mpb so I understand your position. I have faith in this product and nothing else. People who use this product with 5 ar inhibitors are not great candidates to rate this product, as I have stated before that alot of people can obtain and maintain a full head of hair with 5ar in hibitors. I am confident that when I give my oh yeah baby it will be for A&g only

Zubi_Doo

Post by Zubi_Doo » Thu May 21, 2009 10:38 pm

I haven't used this product but I just wanted to state that if you are seeing new vellus hairs growing from completely bald areas then it means that the regrowth formula might be working because the vellus hairs could possibly be cycling into thicker terminal hairs.

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Thu May 21, 2009 11:16 pm

I'm gonna wait two more month before giving this product a final review :-({|=

hairquest1
Regular Poster

Post by hairquest1 » Thu May 21, 2009 11:32 pm

Hello everyone!
I have finished my A&G complex about a week ago, no itching during application, well maybe sometimes but not like some people here have described, i have seen , one maybe two new tiny hairs growing on my hairline so far , my hairs seems less greasy and in good conditions, it's a bit early so i don't see any evidence of good regrowths or thickers hairs.
that's all for now, i hope to have some good news in the next month to report!
anyway, i will keep you updated about it!
cross my fingers!

powersam
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: minox, dut, nizoral lotion and liberal servings of Australian Shiraz

Post by powersam » Thu May 21, 2009 11:43 pm

intricate1 wrote:No pictures no problem, your feedback counts to me more jacob
That is how I see it too. The proof of the pudding is in the eating they say.

LiverPool
Regular Poster

Post by LiverPool » Fri May 22, 2009 12:45 am

This is my first post here but Id been lurking for a while you see. I picked up on this way before the product was available and was keeping up with latest developments from the very first page to now almost the 100th.

I was just as excited as all of yall about A&G but since Im not new to this it was cautious optimism. I was looking for small hints and clues as to whether this thing was legit or just the latest scam. I have to say one thing that still weighs heavily on mind is the 'joke' that Dr. AQ cracked a few pages back. I think it was Jajo who called the Dr. out on it and he quickly pointed it out as an inside joke. That didn't quite seem right to me. I digress.

But as someone who came to know Jacob quite well and know him as a tough as nails customer it's odd how easily sold he was. Right now go to the A&G site and look at what's up there. A joke for a Before&After set of pics, a half-ass summary of the product, a half-ass application directions instruction, and a joke of a graph that can't be made sense of.

I get it that A&G Skinsolutions apparently haven't got the largest wad of cash for marketing but come on man. First you had to get a hold of the study participants then get them to sign the release forms. This it seems like the doc didn't even care that much for. It took a collective effort of a few of the forum members before he got on it. That's peculiar for a company as experienced as A&G is.

But now the doc keeps taking us for a ride by dangling the photos infront of us and wouldnt post them. Come on man a rookie website designer can do that in less than an hour! %&$! man this defies reason. I understand where MrHairs is coming from even though I wouldn't go as far as calling it a scam just yet. Add the lack of photos, credible/sensible study results, decent results from current users and what do you have?

aviador
Regular Poster

Post by aviador » Fri May 22, 2009 10:55 am

A product for hairloss that you use one night and wake up next day with all your head full of hairs, of course not.
But if you are expecting a miracle, then you should better go to church and pray, or wait till Intercitex, Follica or Histogen are in the market.
And save money, because they are going to be expensive. :D

Edit: About their website > The problem I see, as a graphic designer I am, is that the pictures they have now are displayed as a flash movie. This mean that if they want to upload new pictures they will either have to do a new flash movie ( easy way ) or to re design the full page if they want to show the pictures in a flat way. If they want to show pictures of more than one case, they will also have to re design the full page anyway, because they don´t have space right now. Even if that looks simple, a website is not like a forum that is already programmed and you just choose the colours, but it´s more like a jigsaw. A&G website also have an online store, so that means, they not only need to recruit someone new who knows how to design and make a website look "cute" (I hate when people say that about design) but also a coder who knows how to work with .php language and probably MySQL database (that control the personal data of the costumers). :|

Swoosh
Regular Poster

Post by Swoosh » Fri May 22, 2009 11:49 am

aviador wrote:A product for hairloss that you use one night and wake up next day with all your head full of hairs, of course not.
But if you are expecting a miracle, then you should better go to church and pray, or wait till Intercitex, Follica or Histogen are in the market.
And save money, because they are going to be expensive. :D

Edit: About their website > The problem I see, as a graphic designer I am, is that the pictures they have now are displayed as a flash movie. This mean that if they want to upload new pictures they will either have to do a new flash movie ( easy way ) or to re design the full page if they want to show the pictures in a flat way. If they want to show pictures of more than one case, they will also have to re design the full page anyway, because they don´t have space right now. Even if that looks simple, a website is not like a forum that is already programmed and you just choose the colours, but it´s more like a jigsaw. A&G website also have an online store, so that means, they not only need to recruit someone new who knows how to design and make a website look "cute" (I hate when people say that about design) but also a coder who knows how to work with .php language and probably MySQL database (that control the personal data of the costumers). :|
The only Flash on their website is the YouTube video under testimonials. All the pictures are displayed via Javascript. The e-commerce is handled via PayPal.

This whole bit about the web designer sounds a bit off to me. I thought they already dealt with this guy when he supposedly fumbled the launch?

aviador
Regular Poster

Post by aviador » Fri May 22, 2009 11:56 am

Swoosh wrote: The only Flash on their website is the YouTube video under testimonials. All the pictures are displayed via Javascript. The e-commerce is handled via PayPal.
So if the pictures are displayed via Javascript, then they not only need a web designer but a JavaScript coder. And even if the e-commerce is handled via PayPal they still need to have a MySQL server (or something similar) to control the data.

Of all the things people have stated to wary about A&G, the only one that really disturb me is when Dr. AQ said he was related to Caregen (it was Caregen?? not sure now) and later this company said they had no idea who Dr. AQ is... :? But as far as the product is working for me I am not planning to dig deeper on this.

Furthermore, till now I will just post my results in the results topic :)

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri May 22, 2009 2:05 pm

LiverPool wrote:

But as someone who came to know Jacob quite well and know him as a tough as nails customer it's odd how easily sold he was. Right now go to the A&G site and look at what's up there. A joke for a Before&After set of pics, a half-ass summary of the product, a half-ass application directions instruction, and a joke of a graph that can't be made sense of.
Excuse me? Where in the world do you come up with "how easily sold he was"? I've been one of their harshest critics, even though I'm the one that "discovered" them. Even prior to it being launched I was telling ppl to not get too excited. I would love to see you have some consistency(even though it's not true what you said) regarding certain others that actually are SELLING certain products themselves.

Are you from Regrowth, btw? :D

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri May 22, 2009 2:06 pm

I had asked Allure again about pictures, and got this:
Yes, we are currently working on
getting before/after pictures for the A & G hair product.
Since it is gradual process for the hair growth, at this
time the pictures are not available

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Fri May 22, 2009 2:09 pm

I VOLUNTEERED to edit their website FOR FREE.

I'm a Javascript/HTML/XML/PHP/SQL/Flash + Actionscript/Designer/and more... BEAST. I could fart out a better website in 2 hours than everything they have been working on for 6 months. And I said (multiple times) I would do it for free. This cannot be blamed on the web designer.

I have uploaded new photos to the my.hairlossfight.com thing. If you would like to see them you need to sign up for a my.hairlossfight.com login, and add me, "perga", as a friend. I will add you back next time I login.

As of right now I will say I am actually surprised at how good my hair looks. This MIGHT be A&G related, but it might not. I haven't buzzed my hair 16 months, and the last time I did I was in much worse shape than today. I am strongly considering another round of a growth factor product (A&G or similar), and IF I decide to do it, I will buzz my head to the same length as I did previously so we can see exactly what has improved.

I personally think A&G is working, BUT I strongly urge everyone NOT to purchase it until the Doctor comes through with the pictures. IN ADDITION, the jury is still out as to whether or not this is worth $200.00. You may want to consider some alternative growth factor products that have been popping up lately (hopefully ones with more pictures).

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Fri May 22, 2009 3:04 pm

The new follicles that I have noticed have not grown, they seem to stay very short an it is frustrating. My horse shoe pattern and bald spot are still clearly showing. I believe my gains have stopped and so far just feels like a fancy minox

LiverPool
Regular Poster

Post by LiverPool » Fri May 22, 2009 3:22 pm

Jacob wrote:
LiverPool wrote:

Excuse me? Where in the world do you come up with "how easily sold he was"? I've been one of their harshest critics, even though I'm the one that "discovered" them. Even prior to it being launched I was telling ppl to not get too excited. I would love to see you have some consistency(even though it's not true what you said) regarding certain others that actually are SELLING certain products themselves.

Are you from Regrowth, btw? :D
I wasn't at all attempting to undermine your criticism of the doc. It's just that I've known you to be critical before buying but now you've resorted to be critical after you've actually bought the product. I remember a few pages back where after you bought the Hair Complex, you weren't fully sure about it and you implied that you'll wait for some results before diving into it.
And yes im from Regrowth.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Fri May 22, 2009 3:36 pm

I gave my reasons though- this isn't the usual "herb" or vitamin or even minox etc product. I WAS critical before going ahead with it- even suggested others wait to see how things go first if they didn't trust it or whatever. The main reason why I was waiting after receiving it..was to prep with NanoFibrin first. I would have waited a few months if I was going to wait for results.

BTW..who are you at Regrowth?

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Fri May 22, 2009 5:28 pm

OK...I have posted on HairlossHelp and Regrowth under the same name for sometime but have never been a prolific poster so believe me or not it is up to you.

I Did my last application last Saturday, May 16th. I think so far my results are very similar to Intricate1 except that I haven't been taking propecia or using minox in the recent past.

I do see lengthening of the peach fuzz hair...some about an inch or a little longer. Some of them have gotten darker. A lot of the terminal hairs are on the sides of my forehead temples. Also, there is another wave of peach fuzz about 1/16th inch long coming in. So far it looks very promising but who really knows how far these peach fuzz hairs will progress.

I will say it has worked much faster than I expected and think that in 3 months (not 6 weeks) most people will have a good idea about how well this product will work.

I have an older brother (54 years old, I'm 47) that was a norwood 5 that used this product and is ahead of me by about 3-4 weeks. He doesn't want to post here and didn't take pictures or anything (He says he is too busy). Anyway, his hair is really growing fast in the horseshoe area and filling in pretty nicely all over so far. Still a long way from a full head of hair. It's a little less than 1/3 of the way back though (like a very diffuse thinner with a lot of receding instead of what he was more or less slick bald). Like another poster said it seems to be growing in like a reversal of his mpb...like the areas that went bald last have longer and thicker growth (the middle top of his head) and the temples and the crown although have growth too it is not as thick or long. He has a lot of gray hair on the sides and his beard hair is almost completely white and just like Dr. AQ said would happen, the hair that he is growing back is dark. At any rate he is definitely getting much more noticeable results than the guy on the A&G site.

I did take before shots of myself so if and when the results from this product will be cosmetically visible on me with my camera I will post the before and afters. I am a diffuse thinner and so far you can't really see a big difference on me unless you are looking really closely in the right light etc. However, I think based on what I see so far in my brother, I should have visible cosmetic improvements in the coming weeks.

Have a great holiday weekend guys! :D

P.S. Didn't get much itch or tingle while doing the treatments but did notice intermittent weird sensations mostly on the right side of my scalp the last couple of days. I guess a tingle...more like a slight numb ticklish feeling. Kinda like the scalp nerves are being stimulated like from a massage or something.

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily

Post by dreamlandman » Fri May 22, 2009 7:09 pm

Melon Collie, that's quite encouraging. Thanks for sharing the news of those results with us.

Justin.

aviador
Regular Poster

Post by aviador » Fri May 22, 2009 8:37 pm

@ Melon Collie

Thanks for your review, it´s encouraging. Your avatar too. :lol:
perga wrote: I'm a Javascript/HTML/XML/PHP/SQL/Flash + Actionscript/Designer/and more... BEAST.
:shock: :shock: If you know how to code in all these languages and also have good taste designing... You officially have a fan :oops:
Really you are lucky, I only feel comfortable with Flash+ActionScript, but I am more an advertising designer anyway (photoshop+illustrator freak??)

Go Perga Go :lol: :lol:

LiverPool
Regular Poster

Post by LiverPool » Fri May 22, 2009 9:47 pm

Jacob wrote:I gave my reasons though- this isn't the usual "herb" or vitamin or even minox etc product. I WAS critical before going ahead with it- even suggested others wait to see how things go first if they didn't trust it or whatever. The main reason why I was waiting after receiving it..was to prep with NanoFibrin first. I would have waited a few months if I was going to wait for results.

BTW..who are you at Regrowth?
That makes sense now. Im zerx over there.

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Fri May 22, 2009 11:23 pm

Melon Collie wrote:OK...I have posted on HairlossHelp and Regrowth under the same name for sometime but have never been a prolific poster so believe me or not it is up to you.

I Did my last application last Saturday, May 16th. I think so far my results are very similar to Intricate1 except that I haven't been taking propecia or using minox in the recent past.

I do see lengthening of the peach fuzz hair...some about an inch or a little longer. Some of them have gotten darker. A lot of the terminal hairs are on the sides of my forehead temples. Also, there is another wave of peach fuzz about 1/16th inch long coming in. So far it looks very promising but who really knows how far these peach fuzz hairs will progress.

I will say it has worked much faster than I expected and think that in 3 months (not 6 weeks) most people will have a good idea about how well this product will work.

I have an older brother (54 years old, I'm 47) that was a norwood 5 that used this product and is ahead of me by about 3-4 weeks. He doesn't want to post here and didn't take pictures or anything (He says he is too busy). Anyway, his hair is really growing fast in the horseshoe area and filling in pretty nicely all over so far. Still a long way from a full head of hair. It's a little less than 1/3 of the way back though (like a very diffuse thinner with a lot of receding instead of what he was more or less slick bald). Like another poster said it seems to be growing in like a reversal of his mpb...like the areas that went bald last have longer and thicker growth (the middle top of his head) and the temples and the crown although have growth too it is not as thick or long. He has a lot of gray hair on the sides and his beard hair is almost completely white and just like Dr. AQ said would happen, the hair that he is growing back is dark. At any rate he is definitely getting much more noticeable results than the guy on the A&G site.

I did take before shots of myself so if and when the results from this product will be cosmetically visible on me with my camera I will post the before and afters. I am a diffuse thinner and so far you can't really see a big difference on me unless you are looking really closely in the right light etc. However, I think based on what I see so far in my brother, I should have visible cosmetic improvements in the coming weeks.

P.S. Didn't get much itch or tingle while doing the treatments but did notice intermittent weird sensations mostly on the right side of my scalp the last couple of days. I guess a tingle...more like a slight numb ticklish feeling. Kinda like the scalp nerves are being stimulated like from a massage or something.
Melon -

This is a very encouraging update! Thanks for taking the time to post it...can't wait to hear from you at 3-4 months.

What Norwood are you? and - IF you get a decent result but not thickened up to the place you'd want to be, are you going to apply another course? I'm still of the belief that if your a good responder to these new GF type topicals that it only makes sense that further ongoing treatment could possibly bring increased results, incrementally over time.

Still waiting patiently for the PG-free version!

caustiously optimistic,
Jajo

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sat May 23, 2009 12:30 am

Melon Collie wrote:OK...I have posted on HairlossHelp and Regrowth under the same name for sometime but have never been a prolific poster so believe me or not it is up to you.

Yes please keep us posted on your brother also. It is great that u don't use anything else is that the same fir your brother? Do you also use nizoral, I fee like it helps but it could just be the clean feel.

nate
Seasoned Poster

Post by nate » Sat May 23, 2009 7:00 am

holy hell my scalp is itching!!!! and when i start to scratch it flakes, uh

While things were going great more than a week ago, i started backing off dutasteride even more, the last 8 days i have just used, a half cap of dut every other day with my topical, my lowest dut usage in years, i was hoping i would not have any negative results but man my scalp is starting to have that mpb itch, and i know it is soon but i think those tiny little dark hairs showing regrowth are nowhere to be seen anymore. I'll be honest, that is a little discouraging. my goal is of course to get off of dut completely one day and keep the majority of my hair. at this point, almost 30 days after starting treatment, it looks like this stuff is only effective for me in conjunction with dutasteride. of course, i'll wait and see for a little while longer, probably kick the treatment back up to one whole cap every other day, but god do i hope to eventually leave it behind.

for those of you who have ever been on and off a 5ar inhibitor, am i giving this a fair chance? obviously if i back off of dutasteride, i should expect either a shed or recession, the hairs just not growing back. But the A and G SHOULD protect those currently alive thanks to dutasteride hairs right? if it works that is. i wish there was just some sure way to know whether this stuff will help me with my hairloss needs. Any advice from experienced fin or dut users would be much appreciated!

Also, this last month lowering my dutasteride has felt great, higher libido, weight loss around my gut, better mood and everything

Swimmy
Seasoned Poster

Post by Swimmy » Sat May 23, 2009 12:30 pm

I would advised getting off Duter. The only way you should take that is if it has tremendously helped you. Or if you been on it for 5-6 years. Other than that I would recommend getting off the poison and on to something thats a little healthier. Like Beta Sisterol or PM.

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sat May 23, 2009 1:20 pm

Yes I would say get off the dut, a&g will prevent hair loss the only shed you will see after 3 application are little hairs that are week. I will tell you every time I quit fin it felt so great and that is why I promised myself never to take it again.
Enjoy summer:)

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Sat May 23, 2009 1:40 pm

People, when the side effects are more serious than the thing you are treating (hair loss) it is not worth it. This is why I will never try fin/dut... that stuff is nasty. I'd rather lose my hair than mess up the insides of my body.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Sat May 23, 2009 5:27 pm

Thanks for the encouragement guys...except you calo! :lol: I just hope it keeps progressing. I am pretty excited about the results so far but it's hard not to want to just buy more and continue using it. The way hair loss treatments have always been once or twice a day for life it's really weird to not have to keep using it.

@Jajo
Jajo wrote:
What Norwood are you? and - IF you get a decent result but not thickened up to the place you'd want to be, are you going to apply another course?
Jajo
Jajo, I am a diffuse thinner in the pattern of I would say Norwood IV. And yes, I would do another course in a few months depending on the progress of this application. But say I grew back a full head of hair... then no, of course it wouldn't be needed. Yes, I agree that additional treatments would logically produce additional results...kind of the more is better philosophy. Having said that, maybe you can burn out the mitochondria by overdosing this stuff. I would defer to much smarter people than I on that one though. Maybe Dr. AQ can get around to answering that on the FAQ page some time.

Any word on the PG-Free time line yet?

@Intricate1
intricate1 wrote:It is great that u don't use anything else is that the same fir your brother? Do you also use nizoral, I fee like it helps but it could just be the clean feel.
No my brother isn't using anything else either. I have used Nizoral 2% in the past but it made my hair crispy. Right now I am just using Tea Tree oil shampoo and Seabuckthorn oil soap. It's kind of nice to do very little and see some promise of results.

BTW..It's funny how many graphic designers are on this board. I too fall under this category...maybe there is a connection between deadlines (stress), lack of sleep (stress), irritating clients (stress), staring at these monitors all day (stress) and hair loss (STRESS!!!). :lol:

intricate1
Prolific Poster

Post by intricate1 » Sat May 23, 2009 5:52 pm

Yes I would like to know if anybody going for a second round because I have seen no growth on my crown and over all I'm still not satisfied

Irishpete
Regular Poster

Post by Irishpete » Sat May 23, 2009 6:32 pm

intricate1 wrote:Yes I would like to know if anybody going for a second round because I have seen no growth on my crown and over all I'm still not satisfied
yes i bought 2 batches and will start the second round at the 2 month mark as DR AQ stated that approx 27% required a second dose. To date I can see new peach fuzz int front of the hairline. But one major point I have notice is I stopped minox when i started the treatment and I have seen no shed. The big question is has AG stopped hairloss??? If this product did nothing I would expect the minox depentant hair to fall out, which hasn't happen. The next few months will answer all our questions.

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Sat May 23, 2009 7:24 pm

Melon Collie wrote:
@Jajo
Jajo wrote:
What Norwood are you? and - IF you get a decent result but not thickened up to the place you'd want to be, are you going to apply another course?
Jajo
Jajo, I am a diffuse thinner in the pattern of I would say Norwood IV. And yes, I would do another course in a few months depending on the progress of this application. But say I grew back a full head of hair... then no, of course it wouldn't be needed. Yes, I agree that additional treatments would logically produce additional results...kind of the more is better philosophy. Having said that, maybe you can burn out the mitochondria by overdosing this stuff. I would defer to much smarter people than I on that one though. Maybe Dr. AQ can get around to answering that on the FAQ page some time.

Any word on the PG-Free time line yet?
Melon -

The way you describe yourself (Norwood), is the way I would describe myself - now I am even more interested in your updates.

As for the PG-free HC - Doc said they are working on it (that was 2 weeks ago) and that it would be ready in June sometime.

Thanks again bud!
Jajo

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Sat May 23, 2009 7:36 pm

@Jajo,
Well I hope the PG free formula is ready on time for you, Huli and the rest. I know you must be anxious to try it out. I had to wait about 3 weeks after I got my order in and the wait was just killing me.

Best of luck to you, I'll be sure to post my updates as they come.

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Sat May 23, 2009 7:38 pm

I think I may try another round if I dont see anything by mid June. [-o<

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Sat May 23, 2009 7:55 pm

Melon Collie said:

Jajo, I am a diffuse thinner in the pattern of I would say Norwood IV

hey Melon is that why you wear that white hat?

p__
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by p__ » Sat May 23, 2009 8:15 pm

intricate1 wrote:a&g will prevent hair loss the only shed you will see after 3 application are little hairs that are week
That is pure speculation at this point.
goten574 wrote:People, when the side effects are more serious than the thing you are treating (hair loss) it is not worth it. This is why I will never try fin/dut... that stuff is nasty. I'd rather lose my hair than mess up the insides of my body.
With all due respect, you seem to have a rather unbalanced view of finasteride. It gives side effects in a small percentage of users. If you start getting side effects and quit finasteride, the side effects will disappear. And if you get slight side effects and continue treatment the side effect will also disappear in many cases. The only study that I know of showing permanent sexual side effects is a recent Swedish study, but only in the most extreme cases and extremely rare situations where there was a previous condition. All in all, almost all drugs - from pain killers to cough medicines - can give serious side effects in extreme cases. That however is no reason to refrain from using them in general.

Also, the argument which was brought up earlier in this thread, that saw palmetto is somehow safer or less prone to side effects is erroneous. The thing about finasteride that potentially causes side effects is the shift from DHT toward more testosterone, i.e. by blocking 5a reductase, less testosterone gets converted to DHT. The increased testosterone can potentially be converted to estrogen, causing side effects. Now, any substance which blocks 5a reductase will have that effect. Saw palmetto, too, if it indeed is even capable of blocking 5a in vivo. So using any 5a reductase inhibitor (be it finasteride or saw palmetto) to block X% of the DHT conversion will have the same level of hormone related side effects. If you think 1 mg of finasteride daily blocks too much 5a reductase (giving you too much hair :) or sides) just cut your pill. That way you get proven results.

@Melon Collie: thanks for your update!

Swoosh
Regular Poster

Post by Swoosh » Sat May 23, 2009 9:17 pm

p__ wrote:
intricate1 wrote:a&g will prevent hair loss the only shed you will see after 3 application are little hairs that are week
That is pure speculation at this point.
goten574 wrote:People, when the side effects are more serious than the thing you are treating (hair loss) it is not worth it. This is why I will never try fin/dut... that stuff is nasty. I'd rather lose my hair than mess up the insides of my body.
With all due respect, you seem to have a rather unbalanced view of finasteride. It gives side effects in a small percentage of users. If you start getting side effects and quit finasteride, the side effects will disappear. And if you get slight side effects and continue treatment the side effect will also disappear in many cases. The only study that I know of showing permanent sexual side effects is a recent Swedish study, but only in the most extreme cases and extremely rare situations where there was a previous condition. All in all, almost all drugs - from pain killers to cough medicines - can give serious side effects in extreme cases. That however is no reason to refrain from using them in general.

Also, the argument which was brought up earlier in this thread, that saw palmetto is somehow safer or less prone to side effects is erroneous. The thing about finasteride that potentially causes side effects is the shift from DHT toward more testosterone, i.e. by blocking 5a reductase, less testosterone gets converted to DHT. The increased testosterone can potentially be converted to estrogen, causing side effects. Now, any substance which blocks 5a reductase will have that effect. Saw palmetto, too, if it indeed is even capable of blocking 5a in vivo. So using any 5a reductase inhibitor (be it finasteride or saw palmetto) to block X% of the DHT conversion will have the same level of hormone related side effects. If you think 1 mg of finasteride daily blocks too much 5a reductase (giving you too much hair :) or sides) just cut your pill. That way you get proven results.

@Melon Collie: thanks for your update!
We are getting off topic here, but I think it is important to point out that 5ar is responsible for more than just converting T into DHT. If you think that throwing your body off balance in this manner is a good thing to do in the long run then I strongly disagree with you. The small percentage of people who get sides from fin/dut is larger than you think.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Sat May 23, 2009 9:50 pm

I'm not a graphic designer, but I have interests in that area. I love Photoshop and I also like doing a little web design lol. Yes, I know not everyone gets sides from fin/dut but a small percentage? I'd say 70% of users get sides. I've lost count how many times I've seen people here quit fin/dut because they couldn't handle the sides.

I agree, back on topic now