A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Jajo
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Post by Jajo » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:11 pm

Dr.AQ wrote:Again you don't need to use the entire vial if you don't need it. Its not dose dependent.
Thanks Doc -

Thats good to know! So essentially, you just want to make sure the whole area you want to treat is saturated - then you're good to go for that session?

I'm sure I will find out far it goes for me then once its here...

Jajo

nate
Seasoned Poster

Post by nate » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:52 pm

bug,

i'm just curious, what about the product or the doc's responses got you off the fence?

Baccy
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: Lithium/caffeine once daily, roxithromycin once daily, rogaine foam twice daily

Post by Baccy » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:37 pm

I apply one ml at a time, 3ml in total. I massage each ml in thoroughly (which takes 3 or 4 mins) before applying the next ml.
I completed my second vial last night (a total of 4 x 3ml treatments). Nothing to report aside from healthy, flexible scalp. A little stinging on application but I put that down mainly to the dermarolling.

mm12
Regular Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes
Treatment Regimen: Rogaine, Avodart

Post by mm12 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:23 pm

I am done with the 7th and last applications. I will be heading towards Germany tomorrow and be back on the 29th.

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:18 am

Quick question -

So if I'm going to pull the trigger and join the test subjects on this thread, there is one thing I could do before it arrives and thats prepare my scalp so its "virgin" and best ready to absorb a topical (I use nothing at present).

I have sensitive skin (can't even use retinoids without my scalp looking BURNT!)

So heres my question - whats a good mild exfoliator, maybe a shampoo/scrub (my hair is always buzzed to 3/8")?

Thanks!

Jajo

perga
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by perga » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:25 am

I don't know if it is mild, but I use (and like) Nioxin Scalp Renew... always makes me head feel refreshed and clean.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:24 am

As previously posted..I've been using NanoFibrin. Seems gentle enough to me. Keep in mind you have to use it daily for the first week..then it's once a week..

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:54 pm

Jacob/perga -

Thanks for the info - will try to get one or the other this week. My fiance works as a stylist at Great Clips - I know they carry Nioxin's line (she's going to check if they have "Scalp Renew"). I use thier Nioxin "Cleanser" shampoo right now and it is a nice product. Makes my hair feel soft and normal (not dry) - doesnt do much else! ;-)

Jajo

bug
Regular Poster

Post by bug » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:37 pm

Nate

I think my answer to your question would be a very long rambling stream of consciousness. It was nothing specifically about what Dr AQ said or anything specific about the product since we have been given very little information. There have been a lot of papers about this growth factor or that growth factor being responsible for catagen. All these experiments are either with mice(crappy model) or in vitro or nude mice skin grafts. I have never seen or read one paper or patent where they took 50 volunteers and inhibited TGFbeta or IL-1,2,3,4,5,6...etc or EGF or any other growth factor and grew hair. Not one. There is zero proof that inhibiting a growth factor will restore hairloss. Just because TGFbeta caused catagen in a mouse or petri dish doesn't mean that inhibiting it will grow hair in humans. Every 6 months some ridiculous company comes along and mixes 5 herbs together in a bottle and points to in vitro or mouse studies showing that some GF is bad and therefor we should inhibit it. Show me the study that inhibits the GF and grows hair...there isnt one. On the contrary there are experiments where things such as LLLT has grown hair in humans and much to my surprise LLLT significantly upregulates TGFBeta. Wounding also upregulates TGFbeta and as we know wounding and hair growth have been a popular topic lately. Now Im not saying saying something like LLLT is the cure. I dont use it myself. But if there are specific growth factors that are "bad" for hair then LLLT or wounding should make your hair fall out.

The above is part of my reason.

Another major reason is a bit more complicated but I'll give the short answer. There's a very famous biologist that taught at the same university I graduated from(University of Alberta back in the 60's I think). His name was Ludwig von Bertalanffy. He pioneered General Systems theory. Google him. Here is a good nutshell description of his work:
"
Bertalanffy applied general systems theory not only to biology, but to psychology, economics, and social science as well. In his view, old-fashioned science "tried to explain observable phenomena by reducing them to an interplay of elementary units investigatable independently of each other." Contemporary science, on the other hand, recognized the importance of "wholeness," defined as "problems of organization, phenomena not resolvable into local events, dynamic interactions manifest in the difference of behavior of parts when isolated or in higher configuration, etc.; in short, 'systems' of various orders not understandable by investigation of their respective parts in isolation." And this remains an effective definition of systems biology as practiced today with the integration and application of mathematics, engineering, physics, and computer science to understanding a range of complex biological regulatory systems.
"
Correct me if Im wrong Dr AQ but I think you have been hinting at this Bertalanffy approach or something similar.

Im also taking a leap of faith. Im not saying this AGHC is going to work but nothing else ive tried has worked(and not many have tried as many experimental things as I have).

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Finally I have a hunch that Dr AQ is both intelligent and sincere.

Im sure there's a million other thoughts that went through my head as I made my decision but this is rambling enough :)

bug

nate
Seasoned Poster

Post by nate » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:42 pm

bug,

thanks a lot for your response, i ask because you yourself have asked some of the tougher questions in this thread

I myself and still slightly on the fence about it, i'm pretty sure I will end up getting it, but I am hesitating for a few reasons

I would definitely like to see a new set of pictures, first because the first set was not so good, and then also because the doc simply promised that they would happen. I kind of want to just see can he and his company really keep their word about that or not

Also, I'm very doubtful about this idea that we all could just use these 5 vials and they would permanently improve our hair. Nothing we've seen so far has indicated this could be the case for any treatment. The DHT will still be circulating through our blood and get to the follice. The only chance is if the complex actually permanently changes the follicle to how it was before DHT susceptibility, which I would have no idea how that mechanism would work

Lastly I'm just waiting to hear from some poster that I trust that its working out in some way, a poster who I know has been around for awhile and is either not a shill, or not likely to get overexcited about a few vellous hairs, so far no poster like this has reported anything positive, but of course it is still early

in short, i'm just waiting to see some more evidence before I throw my cash into it

Jajo
Seasoned Poster

Post by Jajo » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:21 am

bug wrote: On the contrary there are experiments where things such as LLLT has grown hair in humans and much to my surprise LLLT significantly upregulates TGFBeta. Wounding also upregulates TGFbeta and as we know wounding and hair growth have been a popular topic lately.
bug -

So whats your conclusion regarding the use of wounding in concert with the AGHC treatments? Besides its upregulating TGFbeta, for its help in preparing the scalp for better absorption? If so, what size dermaroller are you contemplating (if in fact you are)?

Jajo

hulihoop
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by hulihoop » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:04 am

Hey Bug,

Really enjoyed that last post. I don't have anywhere near the knowlegde that you do about all this as I have only been concerned about hairloss for about 5 months but I do have a science background and my reasoning for going with it was almost exactly like yours, less a lot of detailed knowledge about growth factors. I particularly like the General Systems theory.

I also have a hunch Dr. AQ is both intelligent and sincere so am cautiously optimistic. Just finished my second application....

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:32 am

i have now treatments 5 & 6..still no sensation or anything..i'm down to my last 2 bottles..1 full and one that is 2/3 empty..i wish the dr. would have responded much earlier with this..

I am so glad to hear that many of you are reacting well to the product. Again you don't need to use the entire vial if you don't need it. Its not dose dependent.

i could have got quite a few more treatments and if there will be results, then increased results..MTF!!! well i guess we'll see

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:26 am

cld517 wrote:i have now treatments 5 & 6..still no sensation or anything..i'm down to my last 2 bottles..1 full and one that is 2/3 empty..i wish the dr. would have responded much earlier with this..

Not sure what you want him to respond to(the no sensation issue? If so..he's already said it's not a bad sign if you're not getting that. I haven't really felt it..and I'm not worried- see one of my previous posts on that)...but if I could make a suggestion to anyone who has questions- start a new thread dedicated to just that. Maybe try to keep it to just that..so it's easier for Dr. AQ..and everybody else.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:37 am

Dr. AQ, is there any word on when the pictures will be put up? Can we have a specific date?

Also, I have started to get some tingling/itchiness, and maybe (justttttt maybe) I am seeing some fuzz coming in near that point where you follow the inside (closest to face) side of the sideburn up towards the hair line ... hard to explain. And MAYBE some at the corners of the hair line as well.... I am not sure if it was there before or not...

but, anyways... pictures? ?

Subb
Occasional Poster

Post by Subb » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:19 pm

hi,

i just did my second application. I feel itching, but it;s more like an irritating feeling. I would like to know what you people exactly feel.
should it be more like an sensation?

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:22 pm

Most of the time when I apply my regimen, I get an itching sensation, I don't think much of it so I ignore it. It's more of an annoyance than "yay, we have progress". I am confident my regimen can help battle against Alopecia Areata but not Male Pattern Baldness because I believe this is much harder to treat. I am half way through my regimen now, and no noticeable improvements, but I will stick with this for at least 6 months (unless A&G turns out to be the real deal).

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:53 pm

Been away for easter weekend...was hoping to comeback to some results posted by chore boy or someone else that is ahead of me as far as applications are concerned.

First two applications I thought I had experianced some tingling/itching and in fact I may have.However after the third treatment I can tell you that if I did after the first two then they were nothing compared to what I felt after my third application. About 15 to 20mins after applying the HC I got an amazing tingling over my whole head but more intense at times in different areas. It was intense! That is why I am not sure if I had any tingling/itching after my first two applications because if I did it pales in comparison to the third application.

I can understand now why people would say its annoying etc.. but if this stuff works I'll take the sensation over MPB anyday. It was super intense though.Now keep in mind that I have had the MPB itch and the topical itch etc.. and this blew every one of the occasions that I felt an itchy tingly scalp before, away!

It almost felt at times like the serum was still on my head and dripping down my head. I actually had to check a few times to see if the HC had actually dried because the sensation was so real and felt so much like water or something runing off my head.

Anyways, I hope this is a good sign ...not sure either way though. I am getting to my third vile tomorrow so fingers are still crosed that this is the real deal!

Anyone else get the itching/tingling sensation as intense as I did? It actually surprised me that it was soo intense. I def was not expecting that. This time there is no mistaking the tingle/itch.

I did a full vile on my first app but I am not doing that anymore, only half viles because I read the DR.'s post that the HC is not dose dependant. I wonder if I should do half vile everyday? Does anyone know the reasoning behind the day on,day off instructions?

Good luck to all trying this HC out! :D

Irishpete
Regular Poster

Post by Irishpete » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:00 pm

Justthin this is what Dr AQ said about the day on day off instructions.

"Redbird - Great question ! Scientifically, cells goes through different cycles (developmental stages) thus needs to be stimulated during different times without over stimulating them (shock them by over stimulation). For example, do you ever wonder why when we take antibiotics we don't take them all at once? recovery needs time and it has to go through stages, that's why we think breaking it into 5 treatments allows the hair follicles and the scalp to develop strongly and surely. Rogaine works differently and that is why you will need to apply it constantly. The second reason is that we want to make sure that the amount applied is similar during each application. Thirdly, customer psychology, tell us that customers who used specified divided portions encourages compliance. Finally, the product remains fresh and can last longer. FYI- the product won't go bad quickly unless you leave it open and exposed for more than 1 week (not encouraged)."

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:10 pm

Irishpete wrote:Justthin this is what Dr AQ said about the day on day off instructions.

"Redbird - Great question ! Scientifically, cells goes through different cycles (developmental stages) thus needs to be stimulated during different times without over stimulating them (shock them by over stimulation). For example, do you ever wonder why when we take antibiotics we don't take them all at once? recovery needs time and it has to go through stages, that's why we think breaking it into 5 treatments allows the hair follicles and the scalp to develop strongly and surely. Rogaine works differently and that is why you will need to apply it constantly. The second reason is that we want to make sure that the amount applied is similar during each application. Thirdly, customer psychology, tell us that customers who used specified divided portions encourages compliance. Finally, the product remains fresh and can last longer. FYI- the product won't go bad quickly unless you leave it open and exposed for more than 1 week (not encouraged)."

Thanks Irish! I do remember that post now. thank you for bringing back up to my attention. Guess I'll stick with day on day off. :D

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:23 pm

Jacob wrote:
cld517 wrote:i have now treatments 5 & 6..still no sensation or anything..i'm down to my last 2 bottles..1 full and one that is 2/3 empty..i wish the dr. would have responded much earlier with this..

Not sure what you want him to respond to(the no sensation issue? If so..he's already said it's not a bad sign if you're not getting that. I haven't really felt it..and I'm not worried- see one of my previous posts on that)...but if I could make a suggestion to anyone who has questions- start a new thread dedicated to just that. Maybe try to keep it to just that..so it's easier for Dr. AQ..and everybody else.

Jacob what i was referring to was where he had just recently stated that the serum isnt dose dependant (thats why i put in bold)..point is that i could have got 3 treatments from each bottle and not have short changed myself on possible results..

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:33 pm

Did anyone go to the conference on the 7th? Or does anyone know what was said?

I don't know why there are no new pictures, they would have many more potential customers if they did. I bet there won't be any new pictures even a week from now.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:36 pm

cld517 wrote:
Jacob wrote:

Jacob my mistake i forgot to paste..what i was referring to was where he had just recently stated that the serum isnt dose dependant..point is that i could have got 3 treatments from each bottle and not have short changed myself on possible results..
And why would a place like Allure possibly use more than what's in a vial then? This "dose dependant" thing never made sense to me. Absorption is also a key issue. Add to that the fact that everybody is different.

I would love to have it explained to me how a thin layer of something like A&G, which is not lipo/nanosomal...massaged on your head for 5 minutes...is the same as a lot more applied and massaged in for 5 minutes. Maybe there's something out there that proves it's all the same. I just think when you're trying to work it in..deep...a little is not going to go a long way.

Now having said that..my last vial I did use just half. And will wait probably 3 days before applying the last half.

I think they'd be better off just either sticking with the vial for each treatment..or make the vials smaller if less is needed. Even the instructions say to use one a day. This issue and the itching/tingling seem to be the most discussed thing around here!

Actually it'd be nice to have each vial be a type of syringe or dropper that's sealed etc. Ready to go.

Hogan
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by Hogan » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:40 pm

Did anyone see this blog? A very interesting reply to this blog:

http://www.truthinaging.com/2008/06/pro ... media.html

Jan Raza said: "I’ve been doing my own research on these human fibroblast conditioned media and I’ve called 7 dermatologist who sell TNS and A&G. They all agreed that Human fibroblast conditioned media causes no harm to the skin what so ever, and many published work have shown that. In fact, 3 of the doctors said that the reason we don’t see these kind of products in the market because they are expensive to produce. I personally tried TNS recovery and A&G Active Serum is by far the best product in the market and the result I see on my face and on my sister’s face are nothing short than a miracle. I pray that this company stay in business and don’t go bankrupt."
Last edited by Hogan on Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:53 pm

Yep..and just so you don't get 30 questions on your experience with those products...Hogan's last paragraph there is by Jan at that site.

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:39 pm

This is from another site (not sure if I can mention names) ...This is his letter back to someone who sent him some questions regarding HFCM..interesting reading.
..any thoughts?

Again I passes your message to A&G and I just got their reply this morning, here it is:
“A & G thanks Marta for her interest in A & G Active Serum, and in response to Ms Marta’s question: A & G Active Serum is derived from skin progenitor cells that have been genetically selected and sorted to capture healthy, identified cells using state-of-the-art cell sorting technology. Using proprietary techniques, A & G laboratories stimulates the cells and specially collects the rich milieu of cytokines, growth factors, chaperone proteins, and antioxidants that have been released by the progenitor cells.
Hence, Active Serum contains a multitude of biochemical factors normally found in young, healthy skin. Through the application of these factors to the skin by the topical application and absorption of A & G Active Serum, the normal complement of biochemical factors found in young, healthy skin is reintroduced to aged and damaged skin, thereby restoring the damaged and aged skin to a more youthful, healthy state. In particular to answer Marta’s
question about HFCM: HFCM has been standardized by US regulatory agencies and thus A&G is following industrial standards. However, A&G’s HFCM is superior to other HFCM in terms of quality and purity because of the aforementioned technology used in its production; technology that only A & G
possesses and uses in the production of Active Serum. The source of the progenitor cells originates from the foreskin of newborn babies who underwent circumcision and whose parents donated their skin to the hospital’s tissue bank for research and development. These cells are also used for the production of A&G’s skin grafts that are used to treat wounds caused by burn, trauma, and diabetic ulcers (Drs. Al-Qahtani and Maguire
have personally treated child burn victims for no charge using this
technology). NO BABIES WERE hurt in the process and this type of procedure has been practiced under strict regulations by the state and federal governments. A&G is not hiding anything, to the contrary A&G has been very active in educating people about their products and the science behind it, and hopefully our participation in the ******** is a testimony to this. With regards to Marta and her readers from the scientists at A & G.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:38 am

I believe A & G Active Serum is sincere and actually works as described, but is the same true for A & G Hair Complex? You cannot take one product and apply that success to another just because it's similar and made by the same company. I am hopeful Hair Complex is the mirale we all need and I hate this waiting game, but we won't know until users report their results.

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:20 am

Why is that you tube film of that singer on a&g`s website on the testimonials???

Thought Dr AQ said he wasnt someone who made advertisement for them?
They have time to put up that stupid you tube video but not time for the photo`s?
damnnnnnn

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:19 pm

at this point it is pretty obvious they either don't have more pictures or they are worse than the ones they have already put it.

this is the only part of this whole situation that makes me question this product and the AQs involvement here.. since he has repeatedly said new photos would be up (which is a 10 minute operation) and days keep going by with no change. i really wish we could just get a straight answer, WHAT DATE ARE THE PICTURES GOING TO BE UP? and if no new pictures are coming for some time, just say that so we can stop waiting.

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II A
Treatment Regimen: Finasteride 1mg daily

Photos

Post by dreamlandman » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:33 pm

Just a reminder the good doctor did say:
Dr.AQ wrote: I know many are wondering about the new pics, they will be up. We are still waiting on the release form to be faxed before posting. He promised to fax them last week and we're still waiting.
So if that is indeed true, it's out of his hands at the moment.

Justin

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster

Post by Ryand2 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:37 pm

I have just finished up my last vial, i think theres more peach fuzz on my hair line, hairs are getting longer, and some are getting darker.

However, I am frustrated with the lack of pictures, the Dr. has repeatedly said that more are coming, and lately said that they were waiting for the release forms from a trialist. However, wouldnt it go without saying that if the trialist did in fact agree to participate, then those release forms would have been released a while ago? I just dont understand why it is taking so long to put some pictures up, its a simple 10 minute operation, like Perga said.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:58 pm

I messaged the Youtube guy twice and had no reply, how dissaponting.

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster

Post by dreamlandman » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:19 pm

Ryand2 wrote:I just dont understand why it is taking so long to put some pictures up, its a simple 10 minute operation, like Perga said.
Judging by all the html code in the page source maybe it'll take a bit longer. :lol:

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:39 pm

dreamlandman wrote:
Ryand2 wrote:I just dont understand why it is taking so long to put some pictures up, its a simple 10 minute operation, like Perga said.
Judging by all the html code in the page source maybe it'll take a bit longer. :lol:
That is a poor excuse. The pictures don't have to be uploaded to the website and have the formatting etc done when the doctor himself posts on here. This forum has img tags... use them doctor :cry:

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:07 pm

Ryand2 wrote: However, wouldnt it go without saying that if the trialist did in fact agree to participate, then those release forms would have been released a while ago? I just dont understand why it is taking so long to put some pictures up, its a simple 10 minute operation, like Perga said.
That's basically what I said in response to someone else here on that topic. And didn't William say they wouldn't release his pictures? Or was it that in my last email of questions to him I asked if he could give them the ok to release them..or something like that. Never heard back from William.

I'm just going to wait it out...my last application will be soon...off on vacation for awhile.. maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised by both the results and the website when I get back..... :-s

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:06 pm

Spot on there Jacob. When we are talking to the trialist, the company won't release the photos; when we are talking to the company, the trialist won't release the photos. Smells like BS.

I've got 2 more applications and I am really just praying that this stuff works. In all seriousness, it has improved the health of my scalp pretty drastically (unless that was from discontinuing my other topicals...). Whether or not it grows hair is still the big question.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:38 pm

I'm not calling it BS yet. I just wish things could be more out in the open.

And I tried contacting that youtube or whatever guy too..never got a response. I did ask if he was William..Hmmmmm...

Dr.AQ
Prolific Poster

Post by Dr.AQ » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Greetings everyone..
Ok the pictures situation, we are still waiting for the release forms and I just contacted the clinics demanding answers for the delay. When we started the trial, we did not include the right to publish pics but only to use them to monitor hair re-growth. As a result our lawyer drafted a release form that will give A&G the rights to publish them and use them anyway we see fit. A&G know that with more pictures on our website and on press releases will result in sell increase and product awareness. If you think you are frustrated by this, we are 1000 times more frustrated than anyone here. The youtube guy is not William, he used the A&G hair complex and was happy with the results and asked us to publish his youtube on our website as a testimonial and we agreed to it. Go through his other videos and you will see that he is a respected and well known person in the community. He's a trust worthy guy and a good christian. If I have 1% doubt in his integrity, I would not have his video on our website.
If we go back on the early stages of this thread many have called us names and made assumptions that we know now that are not true. I think time will tell and I ask for your patience and understanding.
Ok the good news, I should have a date for you guys to tune in and hear us on the radio. I will post links for those who are outside the country to tune in online and I will have a recording of the radio show on our website and on itunes. I requested this specially for you guys on this forum :-({|= I know with all of this effort I will still get harassed by Jacob and his friends :D
Regarding the asian tour, we will be there between May 22- June 1. The counties will be Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and China. I will have more details once everything is finalized. Thank you for all the positive emails we have been receiving and I'm glad to hear about the people in Canada getting their products.

Good night

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster

Post by Ryand2 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:52 pm

Then that would go along with what william said. He mentioned the clinics and the photos, not A&G and the photos.

And yes, a while ago I did look at the youtube guys other videos and based off of that I was comfortable that he was not a shill.

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster

Post by Ryand2 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:03 pm

by the way, Dr. AQ, thanks a lot for still keeping up a presence on this board. I think I say that for everyone, seeing as how your products been released already, it, it means a lot to still have you come back and talk about your product while we're all using it and actually confront our fears about the picture situation.

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:33 am

treatment #7..a little tingle irritation but only on the front zone of the 3 that i do..cant really say if its doing anything..i know its soon..but i think some of the healthier terminal hairs have grown somewhat longer..kinda stick up out of the shorter terminl hairs..never really noticed this before..this i'm even less sure about..but its possible that the shorter, thinner terminal (but light) hairs might be growing..now if the serum thickens these, helps them to grow, along with the rest of the non growing terminal and light terminal hairs, with rejuvenation of the very thin minitiarized hairs i'd be so happy..because if all this happened and there wasnt the elusive regrowth it would be enough for me..pretty much just rejuvenate everything thats there already..we'll see..

Whoop
Regular Poster

Post by Whoop » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:04 am

I still have a good feeling about all this :). I still don't have the money to buy it, though :x

I don't think we should complain too much about the pictures not showing up yet. There are enough people on this forum trying the product, so if the pictures don't come, we'll hear from the users what results they are getting :).

dreamlandman
Seasoned Poster

Post by dreamlandman » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:21 am

Just finished treatment#4 and now have a row of pimples in the area where my hairline once was (I'm a NW2-3 diffuse thinner). Looks quite odd but could be indicative of some movement, so to speak.
Used to get such a response when I used Minox, which I don't bother with anymore due to it not adequately working for me.

Looking forward to seeing if this 'activity' suggests potential results in the future.
However, it could simply be clogged pores from application of a topical. :-s

Justin

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:55 am

hey guys,

I have finished three treatments and have gone from very optimistic to somewhat concerned. Initially, after treatment 1, I shed a little and my scalp felt great. During/after treatment 2 I shed a bit more (maybe 20 to 30 hairs) and my scalp still felt really good. After treatment 3 it has started to unravel. I am shedding a lot and my scalp is very itchy. This itch is quite different from the tingling I felt after application for a few hours and is very akin to that MPB itch associated with inflammation. My hair is quite dry and lifeless all of a sudden and the shedding is disconcerting. I feel like I am losing ground.

I know that shedding can be a good thing and it is to be expected to some degree with the HC. Admittedly most of the hairs I shed are shorter than the norm, fine, lightly pigmented and weak looking. I can't believe how many of them I must have had. I am hoping that they will be replaced by more viable hairs from the same follicle. What worries me is the itch. I don't know whether this is the itch that Dr. AQ is talking about (it is quite different from the "tingling" I felt) or whether the complex has aggravated my scalp and it is inflamed. It sure feels like the itch I have gotten before when I am really losing ground to MPB. Anybody else with this issue? I am prepared to charge ahead with this but if by chance I am not responding correctly I would rather stop, stabilize my scalp itch and then try again later. I will be trying to call Dr. AQ today to ask him about this.

Hope everyone else is having no issues. I realize it is way early to see any signs of success other than perhaps an improved scalp but am hoping for the best for everyone.

Hulihoop

Whoop
Regular Poster

Post by Whoop » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:08 am

Huli,

Have you ever used other products before that contained PPG? PPG can cause these kinda irritations, maybe you're allergic to it or somewhat.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:15 am

Perhaps that is it. I really haven't used topicals other than oils. I am wondering what I can do about this to still use the HC. I'll have to look into that.
Thanks.

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:00 am

@Dreamlandman and hulihoop
Both your reactions sound like typical PG (propylene glycol) allery to me. Adverse reactions to PG are actually common. I guess this is a good reason A&G should look into another vehicle, perhaps liposomal, nanosomal or something fancy like that. (Hi Jacob :wink:) Fortunately it's just five applications, so it hopefully it won't be able to hurt your scalp that much. And hopefully it won't affect potential results (if the AGHC works at all, that is).

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:04 am

Thanks, _p,

I have decided not to try to stretch out the applications and go with only 3 more for a total of 6. I am half way through that now. Hopefully it will not get any worse than it is and will not affect potential results. As I am also going to switch lasering to off days instead of in conjunction with the HC. That will hopefully help to keep any inflammation under control. For the first two sessions the HC did exactly as it was supposed to. Tingled a little, made my scalp look and feel great. Only in the third did things go off track (it still tingled and didn't get that irritated itch till the next day) so I am still optimistic that I might still see results (assuming this stuff even works). As for shedding I don't seem to be shedding any more that those who aren't dealing with the possible PPG allergy and the hairs I am losing are all really miniaturized anyway so that isn't a huge concern at this point (hopefully the HC will replace them). I will also speak with the Doc and lobby for the nanosomal delivery.

Thanks for your advice.

Huli

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:51 am

the shedding will decrease, I shed a lot of hair while massaging from 1st to 7th application which is 3.5 vials. On my 8th and 9th application, shedding is way down while massaging. Hopefully my 10th will be the same :!:

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:03 pm

hulihoop, if you are going to speak to the dr about this, please share what he said with us if you would.

Perhaps what you are experiencing is a real sign it's working, perhaps the application works better for some people than others, and you are responding really well to it. Of course, the same could be said if you are having a negative reaction to it...