A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

Mrhairs
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Post by Mrhairs » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:07 am

Where is dott.Aq?
Would be right if he stays with us almost 2-3 mounts

hulihoop
Prolific Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by hulihoop » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:46 am

Yet another day and this stuff hasn't arrived. This is getting ridiculous. Gotta be customs. I think it is time to activate plan B.

p__
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II A

Post by p__ » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:50 am

*removed*

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:28 am

Sorry guys, have been gone for a day or so. Just got home. Still yet to receive the product and it is frustrating. Kim said she would hopefully have a tracking number for me today so lets see what ahppens. Huli...Plan B might have to happen but wait untill I can speak with Kim.

One thing the doc said that maybe some more knowledgable guys here can respond to was the DHT issue. He basically said that everyone concentrates on DHT cuz the big drug companies want you to take drugs and make money off of something that is treating the symptoms not the cause. This keeps them rich and money flowing.Why give out the cure when they can treat the symptoms and make waaay more money? When the doc said they were thinking outside the box they truely were! DHT (as stated by the doc) is a side effect or effect of having the weak follicles.Instead of trying to stop your "cough" they are trying to clear your throat and lungs out and make them healthy again so the virus(cough/cold) cannot effect you any longer.It all made sense when he explained it..not sure how much sense I am making now..lol

From what I gathered, the product "signals" the follicle to grow again, to the point it is healthy and DHT (which we have all our life) doesn;t hurt or affect the follicles. Again, it makes sense to me..but I am not a scientist. So DHT stays at the same level but cannot hurt your hair..makes sense if you have DHT your whole life and it only gets you when your defense or healthy follicles cannot combat it anymore, later in life.

I'll be back on in a bit..hopefully with some answers from Kim.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:42 am

Justthin,

Makes sense to me, but by the time I get around to trying it all my follicles might be long dead :lol: Seriously, I ordered some Mg oil from San Ramon, California the other day. They mailed it US Priority Post on March 30 (last Monday). It arrived this a.m. 1 week exactly (including clearing customs). Kim told me my A&G was mailed on the 25th and it's still not here. I really believe it got held up and probably sent back (see that hot list I posted). Anyway, there was no tracking number for mine so who knows where it is. Plan B might be the only option. Either way I would love to start using this stuff by the weekend at the latest. Those who ordered when I did are already FINISHING their 5th treatment!

Anyway, see what you can find out and let us know. As for the approach A&G is taking by thinking outside the DHT box I am sold. Want to give it a try. Beyond that I am lasering and doing other things with no great success. I need to try a different approach and could benefit from something that stimulates growth. Ok...I am rambling. Let me know what you find out.

Thanks.

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by chore boy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:07 am

I wish he wasn't so vague and would actually at least divulge what signalling pathways he's addressing.

As far as the DHT issue, I'm gonna have to disagree. DHT, AFAIK, makes balding follicles secrete inhibitory factors and if that's the case, why would you not want to take it out of the equation? Seems like even if you were "replacing what's lost" or whatever the claim is, you'd be better-off not fighting an uphill battle against those inhibitory factors, i.e. TNF-a, etc. which, in theory, can be reduced by inhibiting DHT.

I don't know... I'm just thinking out loud.

mm12
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Treatment Regimen: Rogaine, Avodart

Post by mm12 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:22 am

hulihoop
2-4th application. maybe a few hairs during the first application. but in the second application I didn't lose that much either. during the 3rd and 4th application I lost way more hairs.

mm12
Regular Poster

Post by mm12 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:32 am

hulihoop
I live in LA but I am not sure if I could go or not send me the information

Mrhairs
Regular Poster

Post by Mrhairs » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:33 am

explain me please!!!!!!!!!!
Can you to explain me that justthin has said on dht please?
I'm italian and not is easly to undertand for me that you write

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:49 am

mm12,

This is from the A&G website:
Save this date!! April 7, 2009, Dr. Al-Qahtani will be presenting at a seminar sponsored by Allure Image from 5pm to 8pm. RSVP by calling (909) 982 - 1074, space is limited!
Might be a good chance to maybe see some of the clinic's photos and certainly to ask Dr. AQ some questions (like your shedding question).

Seems like if shedding increased 3rd and 4th treatments that it is related to the HC. Hopefully that is a good sign....follicles releasing weak hairs to replace them with more viable ones. Trouble is may not be cosmetically (or psychologically) pleasing at the time. Short term pain for long term gain?

What was your scalp condition like before hand? Much inflammation or itch? How has the HC affected that?

Good luck. Hope the shedding stops soon and you see some great regrowth at those follicles.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:55 am

Chore Boy,

No doubt inhibiting DHT is useful, if not essential, in slowing or reversing MPB. In some cases it is hardly enough. You can perhaps arrest the progression by inhibiting DHT but the follicles are too weak to regrow without some other stimulus even with DHT not there. Conversely, if the follicles are healthy and youthful and producing hair it will take a while for DHT to have an effect again. Assuming A&G works and gives you regrowth, I wonder if it is better to then focus on DHT inhibition and reduction of 5AR in the scalp or to just reapply the A&G complex periodically. Could end up coming out nearly the same cost wise in the end. Maybe the best, most comprehensive approach is to do both.

astro_boy
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Experimenting like Crazy

Post by astro_boy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:00 pm

I'm fine with being somewhat vague.. I understand that certain things can't be said to avoid FDA intervention. If the product does actually work it would be disastrous for them to shut production down in order to investigate.

I got NO mail today, not even a junk mail... I think my post man is slacking. Probably let things pile up over the weekend. :x

mrw
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: 5% minox, spiro lotion, AG Hair Complex (starting 3/29/09)

Post by mrw » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:26 pm

well folks, I finished my last application of the AGHC. used the entire vial for all 5 treatments. I guess we could consider me the active control group and can compare notes to those that stretch the treatment out.

I did notice that after the 3rd treatment the itch/tingle subsided somewhat. They were still there but lacked their original intensity.

Now the waiting game begins. I hope to report something positive over the next few weeks.

I've got my fingers crossed for all of us.

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:28 pm

HAHA, I was right my postman WAS slacking.. AG just arrived at my door... (packages aren't usually delivered right to my door) and then he sped off... didn't even wait for me to answer. \:D/ So I now have mine.. but I think I can't start until maybe Thursday because I'm too overrun with work :?

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:34 pm

mrw,

I wish you all the best, dude. I can't believe you are already finished your treatment and we Canadians are still waiting to get it yet we all ordered at the same damn time!! Maybe if, god forbid, you don't see any results we can just get a refund since we still don't have the product. Seriously I'd rather have the product and some success than get my money back.

Good luck with the waiting game. I figure you must have started 10 days ago so around March 27? So according to the doc we should be seeing some hint of results around 3 weeks at the earliest to maybe 6 weeks at the latest with results continuing from there? So for you that means sometime between April 17 and May 8 we should be hearing you proclaim "I have new hair!" Here's hoping....

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:36 pm

Astro,
man I am jealous! Does that mean that mine is very nearly here or am i cursed? Glad to hear you got yours! Hope you have success!

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:38 pm

I have a feeling you'll get your tomorrow. Like I said this type of delivery is not normal... I don't know why it was delivered like that. I assume it would have just showed up in my mailbox tomorrow if the guy didn't drive by.

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:45 pm

I think i need a month to finish al 5 bottles i use 1/3 bottle every other day! U used 1 bottle every other day mrw?

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:14 pm

astro_boy,
just out of curiosity what day did you order?
thanks.

mrw
Regular Poster
Treatment Regimen: 5% minox, spiro lotion, AG Hair Complex (starting 3/29/09)

Post by mrw » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:25 pm

Bombarie wrote:I think i need a month to finish al 5 bottles i use 1/3 bottle every other day! U used 1 bottle every other day mrw?
Yes, I used one vial every other day. I chose to do it that way because that is how the original studies were done. The scientist in me feels that if I am trying to replicate a result (i.e- the AG result) then I should exactly replicate the process which produced that result and minimize all variables. Unfortunately, not having a laser is one variable.

One thing I dont understand is how Dr AQ can say that using a little here and there till the vial is done is just as efficacious because it was not studied that way. The results they claim were produced using one vial every other day. Coming from the pharmaceutical world I get weird about dosing.

I can certainly see where using portions of a vial at a time would be beneficial in that your scalp gets more chances for exposure to the AGHC. I am looking forward to seeing which method produces the best result over time. That is why I love this site, seems people here are dedicated to finding the best process/result and sharing their progress.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:27 pm

Guys, say 80% of members here who have tried the A&G Hair Complex see hair regrowth or something decent happens, and the product appears to do better than the big 3, will the FDA shut A&G down and investigate? If this is so, it wouldn't be possible to purchase Hair Complex until the future right? I suggest if this treatment works, that everyone here purchases it fast.

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:05 pm

hulihoop wrote:astro_boy,
just out of curiosity what day did you order?
thanks.
The 19th but nothing was shipped out until the 25th remember. It got here within the 6-10 day priority window, so all pretty standard.
goten574 wrote:Guys, say 80% of members here who have tried the A&G Hair Complex see hair regrowth or something decent happens, and the product appears to do better than the big 3, will the FDA shut A&G down and investigate? If this is so, it wouldn't be possible to purchase Hair Complex until the future right? I suggest if this treatment works, that everyone here purchases it fast.
I think so long as certain claims aren't made it's fine... but I'm not entirely sure about the rules of what is allowed and what is not. I assume thats why a lot of product information on the method of action isn't being shared. It's hard to explain the "how" without being able to openly say the "why".

mm12
Regular Poster

Post by mm12 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:49 pm

hulihoop
that is actually a good idea I can meet the dr. personaly and ask him questions. with rogaine usually when ever I start or restart it I lose hairs for about 3-4 weeks. I don't have any itchings with the foam but I used to have itchings with rogaine serum. I feel like my scalp is shiny since I started HC. it could be that this is my imaginations. tomorrow is my 5th aplication 2 more to go. the first vial I used it in one time, the second and third I used them for four aplications, and the 4th and the 5th vials I will use them for one aplication each. so I will be done on april 11th and expect to see results around 5/30.

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:53 pm

actually, I have looked into it and even if the product is not marketed for hair growth, customer expectations (ours) can influence the FDA's decision on what way to classify it. so basically...

I AM SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THE PROSPECTS OF A HEALTHIER SCALP AND IN NO WAY EXPECT ANY HAIR GROWTH.

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:21 pm

perga wrote:actually, I have looked into it and even if the product is not marketed for hair growth, customer expectations (ours) can influence the FDA's decision on what way to classify it. so basically...

I AM SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THE PROSPECTS OF A HEALTHIER SCALP AND IN NO WAY EXPECT ANY HAIR GROWTH.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That should throw them off! :D

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:24 pm

lol, perga that's exactly what I was thinking.

No expectation but a healthy scalp here!

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:26 pm

Don't forget that Dr. AQ mentioned that the clinic(s) use or may use more than what's in these bottles for each treatment. That was mentioned along with the cost(s) at such places.

driver52
Regular Poster

Post by driver52 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Got my A&G today in edmonton it was right in the mail box i thought i would have to go to the post office but this is better cause i got to use it today

I lasered my crown for 15 min in 2 areas as this is where most of my diffuse loss is..i then used the entire vial and had alot of hair fall out during application likely 75 plus or minus hairs which is depressing but hopefully it gets better. That was even after a shower so i am losing quite readily. If the complex is working I should hopefully see some reduction in shedding before the end of applications. I then lasered both areas for 5 min after. I think I felt a bit of this itch/tingle shortly after

Ill keep my results posted

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:50 pm

driver52 wrote:Got my A&G today in edmonton it was right in the mail box i thought i would have to go to the post office but this is better cause i got to use it today

I lasered my crown for 15 min in 2 areas as this is where most of my diffuse loss is..i then used the entire vial and had alot of hair fall out during application likely 75 plus or minus hairs which is depressing but hopefully it gets better. That was even after a shower so i am losing quite readily. If the complex is working I should hopefully see some reduction in shedding before the end of applications. I then lasered both areas for 5 min after. I think I felt a bit of this itch/tingle shortly after

Ill keep my results posted
How long have you been lasering for driver?

I ask because I just started lasering too (without the complex) and I notice an abnormal amount of shedding shortly following as well.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:52 pm

Hey driver,

Glad to hear you got your stuff. Looks like it is just me, justthin and hairquest to go.

Sorry to hear you shed so much in the application but as it is your first one it can only get better. Sounds like you're in the middle of a shed anyway. One of the other users (can't remember who) said the shedding really slowed down after a couple of applications. Was your scalp pretty inflamed and itchy before you started? It would be interesting to see if the HC gets that under control as well as slows shedding for those that have those issues.

You are one of the first that I remember reading of who is using lasers. I know Astro_boy, mellon collie and me will be using lasers as well when we all get going.

It would be interesting to collect our own forum data on this product. Getting information like pre-use severity of hairloss, NW, age. Combined treatments like fin, minox, others. Methods of application like massage only, lasers and massage, dermaroller and massage, lasers, dermaroller and massage, etc. I am sure Dr. AQ would be interested in this but really I was thinking of it for our benefit as a number of us were not satisfied with the data presented on the AG site. Maybe Sam can produce some kind of spread sheet or something that we can all log onto and access and enter that info, then later enter our impression of our own results.

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:56 pm

Regarding the itching/tingling/stiff scalp, propylene glycol - which apparently is the vehicle used in the AGHC - can have that effect on its own in many people. I recall some study showing that as much as 10% of subjects experienced some sort of skin reaction to PG alone, becuase of allergy, dryness etc.

Incidentally, I think PG is also a (weak) growth promoter. At least it is in mice. Then again, I hardly know anything which doesn't grow hair on those small, lucky bastards.

p__
Prolific Poster

Post by p__ » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:08 pm

Jacob wrote:Don't forget that Dr. AQ mentioned that the clinic(s) use or may use more than what's in these bottles for each treatment. That was mentioned along with the cost(s) at such places.
Yes, I was thinking about that as well. Normally, laser clinics always accompany the laser treatment with minoxidil and other (more) proven treatments. I wonder how much of the extra results for the AGHC reported by the laser clinic(s) can actually be attributed to lasers specifically and how much is from minoxidil/finasteride etc?

driver52
Regular Poster

Post by driver52 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:17 pm

astro

I started minox last january and used it til october because i wasnt seeing much results. Also at that time i started going to the clinic for 20 min laser sessions once a week. Huge waste of time and money (500$) in my opinion as i was seeing no results but a massive shed that I believe was from stopping minox. That shed lasted til about a month ago but is not much better now. When i stopped going the clinic I started using a 100 diode laser device 3x a week (mid feb). Its hard to say if its really doing anything. Sometimes i leave the plug in in the shower then drain it all at once after just to see how many hairs came out in the shower, usually around 100 give or take. I still have a full head of hair and can pull it off for the time being but hopefully it stops coming out soon! oh and i have been takin fin since i started losing hair about 2 and a half years ago.

driver52
Regular Poster

Post by driver52 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:21 pm

hulihoop

I dont think my scalp was very inflamed...i never really look at it that closely. It gets itchy when i wear a hat and gets greasy quickly when i wear a hat. Its easy to tell im losing my hair after I wear a hat for a whole day and have hat hair after

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:38 pm

well dissappointing reply from Kim..kinda the same story. Now she has stated that she sent my info to the shipping dept. and would have answers for me latest tomorrow.It seems they keep putting me off each day , I wonder why.

guess I'll just hope that it arrives tomorrow or I get a tracking number. Prob won;t get either lol

cross your fingers huli..I have resorted to crossing my rottweilers paws at this moment it seems crossing my fingers doesn;t work!! hehe :D

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:45 pm

justthin wrote:well dissappointing reply from Kim..kinda the same story. Now she has stated that she sent my info to the shipping dept. and would have answers for me latest tomorrow.It seems they keep putting me off each day , I wonder why.

guess I'll just hope that it arrives tomorrow or I get a tracking number. Prob won;t get either lol

cross your fingers huli..I have resorted to crossing my rottweilers paws at this moment it seems crossing my fingers doesn;t work!! hehe :D
Just think justthin, many months from now, you could be reading over this chat with your hair problems sorted. I know it's a long shot, but have hope!

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:53 pm

goten574 wrote:
justthin wrote:well dissappointing reply from Kim..kinda the same story. Now she has stated that she sent my info to the shipping dept. and would have answers for me latest tomorrow.It seems they keep putting me off each day , I wonder why.

Just think justthin, many months from now, you could be reading over this chat with your hair problems sorted. I know it's a long shot, but have hope!

one can only hope!! Oh and thank you for reminding me why I am actually getting disappointed..not in the product but in the waiting times and delivery. I almost forgot I had thinning hair..lol I also almost forgot good things come to those who wait. I think I will be a great test run for this product as I am thinning similar to astro but not as bad yet(damn close tho). and i think would show results since I am not too far gone yet.More hope to cling to!

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:00 pm

Hey justthin,

I am thinning like astro too. Hard to say if not as bad. You can see a lot of his scalp in his pic but maybe my hair is just a little longer. I have thinned a lot from crown forward since Christmas. However...I only started thinning in the last year or so so the loss is recent which hopefully means the follicles can be revived more quickly and become stronger. I definitely think this is my best bet for slowing/reversing this evil trend of hair loss.

I'm disappointed too in the same way you are. Sucks waiting when you just want to get started on it.

I have a golden retreiver and am reaching down to cross his paws as well....

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:30 pm

I am also thinning like Astro, but I would say not as bad (only slightly). I am still going to wait for reviews before I even consider buying this hair complex. I have the money too but nope, I shall wait.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:38 pm

No worries, goten, we'll give you a report. I have no problems stepping out on the ledge to try this stuff as this hairloss business is relatively new to me and I haven't really been burned by scam products before. I figure this is a new technology and SOMETHING has to come along that is better than the crap that has been available for the last number of years and yet isn't going all the way with a HT. Maybe this is it. I easily misspent $200 on the weekend boozing it up at a soccer game so how can I not spend the same to try this? Stay tuned....

Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: 300 diode Laser Messiah II
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure
Adding Super Zix 2, PP topical, and Pauling Protocol

Post by 1..... » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:51 pm

I am doing my 5th and final treatment tomarrow. Has anyone noticed any small skin peels coming from your scalp from using this. It's not the same dandruff that I normally have. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing but my scalp feels healthier

justthin
Seasoned Poster

Post by justthin » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:24 pm

1..... wrote:I am doing my 5th and final treatment tomarrow. Has anyone noticed any small skin peels coming from your scalp from using this. It's not the same dandruff that I normally have. I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing but my scalp feels healthier

Not sure about flakes or scalp peel but in my conversation with the doc , he did kinda stress that fact this product is not only for regrowth or thickness but it will make the scalp alot healthier after two weeks alone.What are your results so far if any? How long have you been doing the HC for?

@huli- I think we have similiar hairloss..sounds identical to my experiance so far.I believe we have a good chance of responding well..hopefully the best from what the doc said as long as this product is as advertised(although poorly advertised..lol). He also said that my existing hair would grow faster and thicker. I am only hoping for some thickness really and I will be saved, so I am hoping for the best. I would also get it again down the road probably to just maintain a healthy scalp.

On a side note..I love goldens.They are my 2nd fav breed.Had many growing up as family pets..excellent breed! :D

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:45 pm

p__ wrote:Regarding the itching/tingling/stiff scalp, propylene glycol - which apparently is the vehicle used in the AGHC - can have that effect on its own in many people. I recall some study showing that as much as 10% of subjects experienced some sort of skin reaction to PG alone, becuase of allergy, dryness etc.

Incidentally, I think PG is also a (weak) growth promoter. At least it is in mice. Then again, I hardly know anything which doesn't grow hair on those small, lucky bastards.
I think I recall people who were feeling it say its different than the minox/ppg itch? I won't be able to say for sure since I never used minox but from what i hear the AG tingle is much less irritating.

LOL. So many people thinning just like me! High fives all around. =;

Funny thing is I think everybody who has testified so far has at the very least said their scalp feels much healthier. Good sign to me, and that's what the product is supposed to do, right guys? :-"

Prolific Poster
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure

Post by 1..... » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:45 pm

I am happy so far. I am using the entire vial for each treatment. It takes a long long time to apply it though. I use the hairmax laser comb to prep it for about 20 mins then apply the HC. Then laser for about 10 more mins. I did the first 4 treatments over my spring break, and when I came back my roomate said my hair looks longer :D . When I apply it, I concentrate on the hairline, I even rub a good ammount of it in front of the hairline, hoping for regrowth. This is mostly wishful thinking though, but who knows. I am only 20 so maybe there is still something alive under there \:D/ . As for results, I would say less shedding as the treatments went on. Hoping for the best.

driver52
Regular Poster

Post by driver52 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:10 am

less shedding! Thats what I like to hear...If I could stop hair coming out all the time I would be pumped because it always gets me down when my hands are covered in hair after spiking it up

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:05 am

No HC in the mail today either. This is a bad joke.

Prolific Poster
IH's top 3 plus resv
4 Shampoo rotation
Mag Oil 3x a week
Scalpure

Post by 1..... » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:36 am

Just finished my 5th vial. I'm hoping for some little guys sprouting up in 6 weeks, May 19th. The waiting game begins...

Baccy
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: Lithium/caffeine once daily, roxithromycin once daily, rogaine foam twice daily

Post by Baccy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:42 am

hulihoop wrote:No HC in the mail today either. This is a bad joke.
I'm really sorry about that m8. You must be pretty pissed off.

My second application this evening (half of the first vial) I noticed something attributable to either the scalp massage and dermarolling, the AGHC or both. During massage and application, I seem to have a large vein visible beneath my scalp on one side of my head. You can't actually see the vein of course but I can see the outline beneath the skin as though the vein has become distended. Maybe this means my scalp blood circulation is improving and that broad vein is going to be be my busbar of follicular rejuvenation.

Or maybe I'm just talking out of my arse. :)

One thing is that my scalp feels more flexible. This could be just down to the massage of course.

I don't think anyone else would notice a distended vein on their scalp as everybody else seems to have a sh*tload more hair than I. :)

Incidentally, I've discontinued all other topicals except for minox which I use on the AGHC 'offday'.

mm12
Regular Poster

Post by mm12 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:56 am

i just finished my fifth application and I had the worst shedding so far about 93 hairs in the sink. scary? I have no idea if this is from dutasteride. I am on it for 6 months now. with propecia I was happy stopped my hairloss. anyone any suggestion if I should continue avodart or switch back to propecia and wait for ag restults?

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex

Post by HairLossFight.com » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:07 am

mm12,

Generally, I wouldn't keep switching between fin and dut; nor would I personally stop taking one due to an increased shed at any given moment. The reason I say this is because I've been in the same situation as you outlined, and when I stopped taking the med my sheds got worse.

Having said that, do your due diligence before deciding what to do. Ask more people and get your doctor's opinion.