A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

hairquest
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions

Post by hairquest » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:00 pm

OK guys! besides the tingling or whatever you call it! is there any improvments because after all ,it's what's all about!
growths, regrowths ect... :-s

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:02 pm

Bombarie,

IMO....I don't think I would use gel or anything with the AGHC as it may affect absorption into the scalp or cause some chemical breakdown.

Irishpete
Regular Poster

Post by Irishpete » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:05 pm

hairquest wrote:OK guys! besides the tingling or whatever you call it! is there any improvments because after all ,it's what's all about!
growths, regrowths ect... :-s
You have to remember that most people here have only received theirs during the past week or so. Choreboy has had it applied for the longest.

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Post by Ryand2 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:07 pm

No visilble results, obviosuly, i started Monday, but my scalp feels "healthier" if that makes sense. My scalp doesnt feel as inflamed, its not itching like it did.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:10 pm

James,

LOL!!! Sorry I missed that post earlier....this forum is flying right now!

Always happy to make a positive impact :D

Are you using the AGHC yet?

redbird
Regular Poster

Post by redbird » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:32 pm

Bombarie wrote:Why is a normal question like mine not being awnsered and a stupid question of kamui that has been talked about alot in this topic is being awnsered?
His question is being answered because it has already been answered by Dr. AQ. Dr. AQ's previous post on this question was provided for his question. Yours isn't being answered because Dr. AQ hasn't been here to answer it and nobody really knows the answer to your question. And there is nothing stupid about his question. You really need to take the attitude out of your posts. That's not going to help you get replies.

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster

Post by Ryand2 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:46 pm

FYI, I know the question of why it changed color has been answered, but the solution I applied today had also changed and It felt incredibly effective in terms of tingle/itch, so I believe that it is true that the color change does not change the effectiveness at all.

Melon Collie
Seasoned Poster

Post by Melon Collie » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Bombarie,
I think this is as close as Dr. AQ got to answering your question:
Dr.AQ wrote:Jacob,
Great points as usual, maybe we should hire you to head the hair product division :D .
Yes, A&G Hair Complex is applied topically and does not require dermaroller. In fact we did test a dermaroller produced in Korea and the results were the same. It would be good business for A&G if we can have people buying our product every other month, however, our results showed that the majority (77%) said they did not need to apply it again and they were satisfy. You have to understand that results will vary between people. I myself have used it and the results were fantastic. That was a year ago and I haven't use it since. My partner Dr. Maguire used it too and he had better results than me, again he didn't need to apply it again. Can people use it with other products?? that is a hard question to answer!! since we did not test all the other products out there. However, A&G Hair Complex works best when its applied on a clean scalp and left on until the next day. When a product goes out in the market, we get lots of feedback and once we learn something new, we post it on the Q&A section. The 5 bottles can last you for more than 5 treatments, as long as you spread it all over your scalp. I personally used the 5 bottles for 9 treatments over a period of 3 weeks. The 5 bottles are there to make sure everyone gets at least 5 treatments but the more they can get out of it the better the results will be. The last thing I want to share is, you will notice that the area where you have normal hair growth will grow thicker and longer faster than the norms. My hair dresser noticed that the middle of my head had longer hair and she didn't understand why was that since she was the last one cutting it. Again, this is normal and expected.
Thanks again and I will stop by and answer more questions.
AQ

Bombarie
Prolific Poster

Post by Bombarie » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:32 pm

melon thnx for the searching, it is a bit of a awnser but i used gell today but not on my scalp only in my hairs.

@ Redbird and kamui, sorry

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:36 pm

ryan, are you using a dermaroller?

Also, does anyone know of a dermaroller I can buy in a department store or something? I don't want to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive by ordering online (seeing as A&G will be gone by then).

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster

Post by Ryand2 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:40 pm

No dermaroller, no lasers, just heat my scalp a whole lot under the shower head.

bone1999
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex

Post by bone1999 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:26 pm

I've been following this entire thread, but can't remember if this has been discussed at at... would wounding help/hurt the process at all?

I've had some nominal success with simple TCA peels. I think I've done two or three in total and not to any deep level (3 layer peel @ 25%), but have clearly grown new velus hairs and even the occasional terminal. Nothing that is cosmetically useful at all but enough for me to believe in its merits (the only other thing I use is Nizoral).

I'm quite intrigued by this product and have been holding out on purchasing it. I'm also very curious in the PRP injections. But with it being a $200 investment (I am a college student), I don't want to introduce too many other variables as I am always fearful of adding the wrong ingredient into the mix. Normally I would just stick to the hair complex by itself, but I was just reading a Cotsarelis article from January where he stated ""Wounding alone doesn't do it — you need to push it into a growth state" -- could A&G possibly be an answer? Obviously without the ingredients and being as ignorant as I am about all things hair science related I can't know if the hair complex has any effect on Wnt production, but I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking some way that it could hurt the process...

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster

Post by Ryand2 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Thats a really hard question to answer, i'd think youd want to talk to the doctor directly about that. I'm like you, i'm a college student and $200 is a lot of money, so i'm following it by the book and not even using my regular minox and folligen

Mrhairs
Regular Poster

Post by Mrhairs » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:38 pm

ANSWER ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

a&g hair complex has growth factors
minoxidil works also like a growth factor

minoxidil causes irsutism (increase body hair)
Cans a&g hair complex to cause irsutism?

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:38 pm

Mrhairs wrote:ANSWER ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot answer this as I do not know the answer, but what does it matter? I'm willing to have a little extra body hair if I can grow the hair on my head.

astro_boy
Prolific Poster
Treatment Regimen: Experimenting like Crazy

Post by astro_boy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:06 pm

perga wrote:ryan, are you using a dermaroller?

Also, does anyone know of a dermaroller I can buy in a department store or something? I don't want to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive by ordering online (seeing as A&G will be gone by then).
Best places to check locally are probably beauty salons and skin clinics as it's more often used as a skin renewal product.

and..

People seriously, instead of demanding answers to questions about the complex why don't you click on Dr. AQ's user name and display all posts by him. Read them all, and if it's not in there then sorry we don't know. Dr. AQ is the only reliable source of A&G information on this forum so most people here won't know any more or less than what Dr. AQ himself has posted.
Mrhairs wrote:ANSWER ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

To try and answer this anyway, Dr. AQ did say there are NO side effects and many women used the product safely, I would assume increased body hair would be more of an issue with them.

chore boy
Prolific Poster
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by chore boy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:13 pm

Some folks should try dermarolling to the point of drawing blood... apparently this indues Stat3 activation.

Ryand2
Seasoned Poster

Post by Ryand2 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:17 pm

chore boy, have you noticed any improvements in the past week?

kamui
Seasoned Poster

Post by kamui » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:18 pm

perga wrote:ryan, are you using a dermaroller?

I just ordered the $50 1mm derma roller from http://www.dermarollers.us/index.php?ma ... ducts_id=3

They have priority mail shipping which is 3 days max.

@ Bombarie , it's all good!

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:32 pm

cld517 wrote:GREAT NEWS GUYS!!!

i spoke with DR.AQ..he explained that the color change does not affect the product and that it is a result of some of the alcohol evaporating hence the darkening..he did go on to explain a couple of more things but i was so caught off that i was speaking with him that i cant recall them all (thought that i was speaking with a rep till i asked..told him i thought he was in mexico, and he stated that he is, but takes his calls personally)..any how the main point is that it is not of any concern..then i explained the program i am doing and approved of it..he said that on my off days its fine to continue my other treatments so long as i'm not mixing it with the serum.
at that point he had to go into a meeting so i didnt get to ask about the deliveries that havent been made yet..sorry about that..

What alcohol? The ingredients listed are: Human fibroblast conditioned media, water (aqua), propylene glycol, lonicera caprifolium (Honeysuckle) flower extract, lonicera japonica (honeyscuckle) flower extract, 1,2- Hexanediol, caprylyl glycol.

I'm most likely going to start using mine tomorrow morning..btw. No dermaroller..just my prepping with NanoFibrin.

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:37 pm

Propylene glycol, known also by the systematic name propane-1,2-diol, is an organic compound (a diol alcohol), usually a faintly sweet, and colorless clear viscous liquid that is hygroscopic and miscible with water, acetone, and chloroform.

true for any -ol suffix

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:48 pm

But it's not "alcohol". PG does not evaporate like alcohol, as we all know alcohol to be when we discuss alcohol :!: Ever spill anti-freeze, even on a hot summer day? :-s

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:51 pm

Announcement: Live Chat Every Wednesday, starting April 8th, 5:30pm to 6:30pm Pacific Time (8:30pm to 9:30pm Eastern Time)
talkingheads.jpg
talkingheads.jpg (13.86 KiB) Viewed 35435 times
For details read the announcement thread: http://www.hairlossfight.com/forums/vie ... =10&t=1121

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:53 pm

Kind of early for me..but I'll try to make it :!:

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:58 pm

It is an alcohol... whether it evaporates as quickly as commonly known alcohol or not... also there's 2 other alcohols in the list Hexanediol and caprylyl glycol could be one of them.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:06 pm

They are humectants..as is PG :!:

As one description puts it:
Propylene Glycol serves as a Humectant – a substance that helps retain moisture content, or simply –it prevents things from drying out.
One more :!: before I go to bed :lol:

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:38 pm

I know they are but structurally they still belong to the alcohol group :!: So if Dr. AQ says alcohol that's pretty much the only thing he can be referring to :!: more :!:

mm12
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV
Treatment Regimen: Rogaine, Avodart

Post by mm12 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:33 pm

usually when I use rogaine I see results in 6-8 weeks. so I started using this stuff on 3/30 and I expect results around 5/30. I have littly bit of itching well hope it is a good sign.

Mrhairs
Regular Poster

Post by Mrhairs » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:11 am

another question
dott.Aq in the forum tell that a&g hair complex doesn't work on vellus hairs (vellus hairs before that start the hairloss were terminal hair)

dott.Aq tell also that a&g hair complex works on weak follicle, therefore why a&g hair complex wouldn't works on vellus hair.

Baccy
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: Lithium/caffeine once daily, roxithromycin once daily, rogaine foam twice daily

Post by Baccy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:38 am

Mrhairs wrote:another question
dott.Aq in the forum tell that a&g hair complex doesn't work on vellus hairs (vellus hairs before that start the hairloss were terminal hair)

dott.Aq tell also that a&g hair complex works on weak follicle, therefore why a&g hair complex wouldn't works on vellus hair.
I don't understand that bit either. It's contradictory. Unless he means vellus hairs that were SUPPOSED to be vellus hairs even before the onset of baldness. You can get vellus hairs quite low down on the forehead. If those went terminal, you'd wind up looking like Cro-Magnon Man. :)

I've just completed my first application. Some slight stinging and warmness that I attribute to the prior use of the dermaroller. I used about 3ml of the first vial . As I'm totally bald, all of that went directly into the scalp.

Now I'm just gonna sit back and wait for my big, fu**ing afro to grow! :)

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:34 am

Baccy wrote:
Mrhairs wrote:another question

actually we use the term "vellus hair" quite loosely..when we say it we mean miniaturized hairs when in fact vellus hairs are thin feathery ,colorless hairs, more like fuzz..so yes, A&G wouldnt terminalize those hairs..

btw..last night was my 3rd application and i still dont have the "scalp sensation"..i even used more than i have been..not that i really needed to because i do sufficiently cover all areas so this was more like "aplly..rub..then apply more.." i also did an experiment. i lasered area 1 15 minutes..applied serum..massaged 5 minutes..laseres for the additional 5 and then rather than laser the next 2 sections i just applied in the manner that i put into quotes above (i did the same for area 1 but did laser) and still no tingling or anything..later on when i got home i finished the final 2 areas with the laser for 20 minutes and still nothing..

btw i still have some serum left and i think i'll get 1/2 an application out of it..so approx. 3 1/2 apps per vial..i'm not being stingy its just that thats all i need..

perga
Prolific Poster

Post by perga » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:49 am

I'm also experiencing very little (if any) tingle... It kinda bums me out, but I have been shedding like crazy so ... hopefully that's a good sign... However! I will say (could be my imagination) that it seems like my scalp feels "meatier", like if you wiggle your ears or raise your eyebrows, it seems like it feels a bit heavier ... hard to explain.

I have been checking my scalp with my little microscope camera too, and considering I haven't used any of the topicals that my head has gotten used to my scalp condition looks really good.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:33 am

astro_boy wrote:I know they are but structurally they still belong to the alcohol group :!: So if Dr. AQ says alcohol that's pretty much the only thing he can be referring to :!: more :!:
But it makes no sense. Either something was lost in translation....there is alcohol in it but it's not listed....or ?

I applied the stuff for the first time this morning..ended up applying the whole bottle. I see what ppl are saying about not much is needed to cover the entire area you want treated..but I had no problem applying a bit at a time and massaging it in and repeating that over and over until it was all used up. I'm considering doing that with the rest of it too..since I'm not using LLLT or a dermaroller..and just thinking maybe more is better at one time. Some of us have to try it that way..right? :-s

So I can't comment on the color change issue..except to say that it's a little pink to begin with. You can kind of see that in the picture of the bottle on the first page of this thread.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:00 am

Dr. AQ has said that the tingle is not needed..but if you do experience it, it's not a negative..it's good in that_____________________________________(whatever he said).

mm12
Regular Poster

Post by mm12 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:25 am

I just finished my 4th application still losing tons of hairs while applying the serum. hope it will stop sheding. maybe it is also because of lowering the dosage of minox.

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:28 am

Jacob wrote: But it makes no sense. Either something was lost in translation....there is alcohol in it but it's not listed....or ?
It is true that the humecant doesn't evaporate quickly but it does evaporate none the less, and we don't know ratios or exactly how much evaporation needs to occur for color change to take place. All we know is that PPG is listed behind the fibrolast tissue and water making it the third most abundant ingredient it could still be a very small amount (and I am happy about tissue being first). 1,2- Hexanediol, caprylyl glycol are listed at the very end so there's probably very little, I think they're much more likely to go since they're a much smaller amount.

Again, all just speculation.

It is also possible the Dr. meant to say WATER and not alcohol. :lol:

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:35 am

mm12 wrote:I just finished my 4th application still losing tons of hairs while applying the serum. hope it will stop sheding. maybe it is also because of lowering the dosage of minox.
hey mm12, dug this post up for you. Hopefully helps you worry less.
Dr.AQ wrote:
SW2 : Welcome back ! 1) some have reported a little fall out at the beginning but this is expected, as the complex will stimulate the follicle making it expand in size, thus hair trapped will fall off.
2) Yes, We will have it before midnight so that we monitor the traffic and make sure things goes as planned.
3) We have not looked into it yet, I think once we see a demand, we will start thinking about a supplements to support the complex.
4)We recommend to use it in the morning and not at night, because you want the solution to be on the scalp for as long as possible. When you sleep, you will rub your head against the pillow and that might wipe off the solution.
5) GREAT Q, Yes, 20% of the people tested were female and worked as good if not better. A&G hair complex is good if you want the thicken your hair. We will have data on this on the site.
We are working very hard to make sure everyone gets to try it and benefit from it. Everyone at A&G is doing great work to meet the deadline and I think they will get it done ahead of time.

Good night everyone..
p.s. I don't see Jacob here tonight... if anyone see him on the other forums tell him i said hi :D

mm12
Regular Poster

Post by mm12 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:14 pm

thanks Astro_boy
it scares me when ever I see my hairs fall. I think that these hairs will never grow again. I know I am wrong but since your going bald you get scared. I know shedding is normal since minox does the same thing.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:07 pm

The alcohol evaporating when there's none listed in the ingredients makes absolutely no sense :!: And I've never noticed beer or wine or ______ changing color because the alcohol is evaporating :!: Nor does the anti-freeze in a bottle when it's opened :!: And yes, this is different than an adult beverage, but again.. there's no "alcohol" listed in the ingredients and those of you who are not using up the bottle aren't keeping it open very long, and the PG etc is supposed to actually slow down the drying process :!: Maybe he did mean water, or maybe we're all missing something here :!:

mm12..what do you mean by "tons of hair"?

If anyone sees Astro..tell him I said :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

astro_boy
Prolific Poster

Post by astro_boy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:15 pm

Well okay, let's try it this way. Humecants draw in moisture because they contain -OH groups which participate in hydrogen bonding with the water molecules. So maybe it's possible for upon exposure to air those weak H-bonds to be broken allowing for evaporation. In this case it would be the water evaporating and not the alcohol, however it would have to be broken off from the alcohol group first. As for the color, can't really say what's causing the coloring cause we don't know, possible that theres a "watering down" effect going on.

Humecants are supposed to draw moisture from the air too so I don't know exactly how plausible that is but it seems like it could be. If I had to pick what was most likely to evaporate from that list I would say the water.

:!: :?: :!: :?: :!:

mm12, can't really say from experience cause I've never used minox but from what I read it's not enough time to lose the effects of it in I assume 6 days? Your shedding could be a good sign.
Last edited by astro_boy on Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:22 pm

:lol: My last comment above was to what I thought something you had said. It was Dr. AQ :!:

I think there's some oxidation or ? going on..like with FNS as I mentioned previously. I doubt it affects it in any way though.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:08 pm

mm12,

You say still losing tons of hair. Are we correct in assuming you were in the middle of a shed before you started with the A&G? Maybe it is going to take a while longer to bring it under control. Tough to know whether it is the A&G causing the shed or something else if you are combining treatments. I doubt going off minox for a few days would cause it. Now if you were not shedding before using the A&G and then started after starting to use it that is different, though not sure what it means. Probably a good thing as Dr. AQ said it could happen. Maybe it means that weak follicles with long miniaturized hairs that were going to fall out in the not too distant future anyway are being ejected so that the re-energized follicles can produce new, more viable hair.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:10 pm

Canadians, here's hoping you all get your stuff tomorrow so we can get started on this. I am getting tired of logging on here and hearing about how everyone else is doing without being able to do anything myself. To all you have been using it for a week or so here's hoping you start to see some type of positive signs soon!

mm12
Regular Poster

Post by mm12 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:27 pm

It has been six month since I switched from propecia to avodart. I hope it is not from that. I started avodart in the hope that it will work better than propecia since propecia stopped my hair loss no growth. but I haven't seen growth from avodart in 6 months either. and when ever I lower down the minox I see shedding. ya 6 days are short time to shed from lowering minox. I lose miniaturized hairs after applying this serum. it is more than 50 or so. it is kind of scary but from my minox experience I lose hairs right when I start it. i hope it is a good sign. I am an awsome responder to minox but unfortunately makes me look older and I don't want that.

Avery
Occasional Poster

Post by Avery » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:53 pm

What was the verdict about using other treatments at the same time? I am interested in testing this out, but I don't want to stop my finastride/minoxidil/nizoral regimin while I do it.

mm12
Regular Poster

Post by mm12 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:20 pm

Avery wrote:User Control Panel (0 new messages) • View your posts FAQ Members Logout [ mm12 ] Click here to add RSS feed A&G Hair Complex from A&G Skin Solutions
you can take propecia but i guess the doctor said not to mix the ag with minox or anything else. what I do I take my avodart but I use minox every other day. the days when I don't use my my AG.

cld517
Seasoned Poster

Post by cld517 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:50 pm

in the phone call i had with the doc he said we could continue other topicals but NOT to use them on the days the serum is used..so other topicals can be used on the off days of the serum

Baccy
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood VII
Treatment Regimen: Lithium/caffeine once daily, roxithromycin once daily, rogaine foam twice daily

Post by Baccy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:30 am

I noticed the infamous 'colour change' in the opened vial this morning. I keep them upright in the fridge with the stopper in the opened vial.

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:49 am

mm12,
Did you shed in first application of AGHC or did it start in the subsequent applications?

hulihoop
Prolific Poster

Post by hulihoop » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:52 am

Anybody here from the LA area? That seminar at Allure is tomorrow night. Might be a chance to see some of Allure's photos of trialists