My dad and his Almond Oil

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

goten574
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

My dad and his Almond Oil

Post by goten574 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:29 pm

You all should know my regimen by now, oils several times a week, left on for at least 3 hours. I can not say if they have helped as some days I feel I have grown some hair and other days I feel I haven't. I have taken several pictures in the past but they are crap to be honest lol. I will still continue using the oils for at least another month and see how it goes, this is not about me though, this is about my dad.

When my dad found out I was using oils, he questioned why I was using so many. He said he has heard some oils can grow back hair but never tried it on himself (he is comfortable with his hair loss). I guess since the fact that I was using oils, it made my dad want to try them too so he spoke to his family in Pakistan and they told him that Almond oil can be used to regrow hair. Since mid March, my dad has been using Almond oil on his scalp everyday and at the start, he also used Coconut oil too.

I don't see him much but he visited me in June and showed me his hair. Now my dad has a good amount of hair at the hair line, sides and back but around the crown and frontal areas, he is almost slick bald (just a few tiny hairs everywhere, very hard to see). Here is a picture showing his hair from the front, you cannot notice he is bald from this picture but it's a different story from the back and from above http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1699/dadc.jpg

I noticed behind his hairline, he has peach fuzz, certainly noticeable. I saw him again today and he is no longer slick bald, peach fuzz over a lot of his scalp, very small, but noticeable. I didn't have as good look as I wanted as he only came round for a few minutes and we was in a poorly lit room but I really believe the Almond Oil is helping his hair (he slightly thinks it is). Here is the ingredients of typical almond oil which includes several B vitamins and Vitamin E:

http://www.aromaland.com/shop/index.cfm ... ode=71ALM8

You guys probably think I am crazy so I won't say anymore, but if I notice more growth, I will post on here.

OverMachoGrande
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Re: My dad and his Almond Oil

Post by OverMachoGrande » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:38 pm

DO NOT feel bad about pictures looking like crap!!!

I explain why that is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuKGkn9FpJg

That's a horrible video because I'm awkwardly trying to figure out how to manuver the cameras -and youtube blocked the audio- but try to follow the gist of what I'm saying! lol...

This is one of the most misunderstood things in the entire world of "hair loss results". In order to get pictures on par with those "official" before after pictures, you have to use either a very expensive SLR camera or an HD camcorder. If you use a digital camera that can fit in your pocket -no matter what the megapixels are- you are going to have extremely WASHED OUT RESULTS that aren't going to show anything, and you will THINK your hair looks like crap when it actually might not.

So don't be too hard on yourself, and I think the "awareness level" of this horrible curse for innovative hair loss solutions is increasing! I'm sure you already know what I'm talking about if you tried taking pictures, and maybe when you saw that video you saw something familiar occuring.

-O.M.G.
  • "When all else fails, lie about OverMachoGrande." -observations by Jdp710
Build the most effective laser device in the world at http://www.overmachogrande.com...

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by Jacob » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:39 pm

Nah..I don't think you're crazy. Keep us posted 8)

Are you sure your dad isn't sneaking some LLLT or even transplants in there? :wink:

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:08 pm

OverMachoGrande wrote:DO NOT feel bad about pictures looking like crap!!!

I explain why that is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuKGkn9FpJg

That's a horrible video because I'm awkwardly trying to figure out how to manuver the cameras -and youtube blocked the audio- but try to follow the gist of what I'm saying! lol...

This is one of the most misunderstood things in the entire world of "hair loss results". In order to get pictures on par with those "official" before after pictures, you have to use either a very expensive SLR camera or an HD camcorder. If you use a digital camera that can fit in your pocket -no matter what the megapixels are- you are going to have extremely WASHED OUT RESULTS that aren't going to show anything, and you will THINK your hair looks like crap when it actually might not.

So don't be too hard on yourself, and I think the "awareness level" of this horrible curse for innovative hair loss solutions is increasing! I'm sure you already know what I'm talking about if you tried taking pictures, and maybe when you saw that video you saw something familiar occuring.

-O.M.G.
Thanks, I actually learnt something! lol. The pictures I took of my hair are poor in every respect. Pixelated a little, poor lighting, sometimes the flash gets in the way etc. I wish I had some pictures of my dad in the past but all pictures of him are from the front view and you can't see his baldness.

goten574
Prolific Poster

Post by goten574 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:09 pm

Jacob wrote:Nah..I don't think you're crazy. Keep us posted 8)

Are you sure your dad isn't sneaking some LLLT or even transplants in there? :wink:
It could just be me overeacting but really, I was pleasantly suprised to see how his hair is at the moment. I'll try get a picture of his head if I can.