Nanosomal Minox

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

James

Nanosomal Minox

Post by James » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:57 pm

Has anyone had any experience with the new minox from Lipoxidil? I just ordered some. It doesn't contain alcohol or PG so I am gonna see how it is gonna feel on my scalp. It would be wonderful to use minox again.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:01 pm

Hey blueshard, good to hear from you and thanks for the post.

So they have an alcohol-free and PG-free minox now, eh? Wow.

I'm definitely interested in your thoughts on it. Let me know how you do with it. I guess if THIS ends up irritating your scalp then it's probably a safe bet to say that it's the minox itself that you're sensitive too, sadly. And I'm probably in the same boat.

On an unrelated note. I've finally started the lasercomb. Hoping it helps.

How's the health of your hair in general these days blueshard?

Regards,
Sam

James

Post by James » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:56 am

From using the lasercomb I have definetely grown some hair on my temples and hairline. The wierd thing is that I have been shedding a significant amount for the past few months and my hair on top has thinned out a good amount especially in the crown. I now have a more pronouced "bald spot" in the crown which sucks. After much deliberation, I decided to go on some anti-estrogens because I was getting gyno. I am fully aware that this is not a really smart idea but there is no way I am getting off of propecia. If worse comes to worse then I will get any breast tissue removed.
Yeah, I thought that I might as well just try this new minox from lipoxidil. I am expecting that it will irritate my scalp so my expectations are not high. I just felt like I should give it a shot.
I am happy that you got the lasercomb because that is an excellent product and I think that you could def. benefit from it. Does your comb have the four second time interval beeps?

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:20 am

Man, I hope all works out for you with Propecia. Your health is the MOST important thing though. You can always opt for a hair transplant eventually so keep that in mind as well.

As for the lasercomb. Yeah, mine beeps at 4 second intervals. I can turn that off though. Why, are there some that don't do that?

drfaustus
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

nano minox

Post by drfaustus » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:15 am

Hi, i recently purchased the nanosal minoxodil and applied it for the first time today. It has a very milky look to it, and the body of half and half...i applied it to dry hair and i felt that it only mildly messed up my hair which is pretty thick still. It cooled and felt nice, and haven only used a generic minoxidil before by a company called equaline, i can definately say it applies much better than that.

My only question, if anyone can help me, is whether its better to apply the entire 2ml recommended daily at once or split throughout the day? And also, how much is 2ml, since the dropper doesnt have a measurement indication?

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:05 pm

hello drfaustas and welcome to the forums,

I personally stopped applying topicals twice a day. More because of the hassle then anything else. How that would effect the absorption of your minox from lipoxidil I don't know, but in terms of keeping up with the regimen, I feel once a day applications worked best for me.