Revivogen Review

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Revivogen Review

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:32 pm

I have been using Revivogen now for a month in my crown/vertex area. I am using nothing else in this area. In the frontal hairline and temple areas I am still using Xandrox and Kirkland Minoxidil.

One month is never enough time to evaluate how well overall a product works in regrowing hair. Typically you need about 6 months to a year for that. This review contains just my initial observations of Revivogen in terms of its characterics and its feel. I have observed some initial effects that are promising for hair loss treatment, but I have seen no new observable hair yet.

The Revivogen scalp therapy formula is a reddish-brown liquid that absorbs relatively easily into the skin and is not sticky. It has a slightly fragrant smell to it and does not leave any residual color on the skin. Using a dropper I apply one 1ml of it to my crown area once a day. I normally apply this at bedtime, but I have applied it in the morning as well and found that it has a similar effect to the look of the hair once it dries as applying regular minoxidil does.

I have seen a surprisingly positive effect after about two weeks of using Revivogen -- it has significantly reduced the oiliness of my scalp! This is a pleasant surprise because I have always had a slightly oily scalp and a mild seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp which seems to have lessened since I started Revivogen. This is very promising because sebum reduction is a direct effect of DHT reduction! And we should all know that DHT is the main culprit that triggers hair loss. If Revivogen reduces the DHT levels in the scalp then quite likely after enough time it should have a positive effect for hair loss.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and will continue to use Revivogen for now. Stay tuned for more reviews on my progress.

The Revivogen shampoo contains the active ingredients that are in the scalp therapy and I have found it to be a good shampoo overall, with a pleasant slightly minty scent. The conditioner is excellent for adding volume and has a stronger mintiness to it. Thumbs up on these.

timallen
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Revivogen success?

Post by timallen » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:44 pm

Are you still using Revivogen? Any success? Has anyone had any success with this product?-Tim

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:19 pm

Hi Timallen,

No I am currently not using it, but that is not because it wasn't effective for me. I have a type of cicatricial alopecia in addition to my male pattern hair loss and I was worried that ANY topical may excascerbate it, (don't worry, my condition is quite rare).

However, if I were to start using topicals again Revivogen would be at the top of the list for me.

Regards,
Sam

apache2004
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Revivogen

Post by apache2004 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:24 am

Sam

How long did you end up using the product and what effects did you experinece at the the time you had to discontinue ?

Thank you