Jacob

Discuss experimental or alternate treatments and products.

Moderator: moderators

James

Jacob

Post by James » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:18 pm

Hey, sorry if I asked you this before but is there alcohol or glycol in your "minox alternative" topical? Do you think it would be good for someone with a sensitive scalp like me? Is it really possible to bypass the use of alcohol and glycol by using nanosomes? Anything that you could tell me would be great. Also do you think it is possible to get some thickening with Equiclear?

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: Jacob

Post by Jacob » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:32 am

blueshard wrote:Hey, sorry if I asked you this before but is there alcohol or glycol in your "minox alternative" topical? Do you think it would be good for someone with a sensitive scalp like me? Is it really possible to bypass the use of alcohol and glycol by using nanosomes? Anything that you could tell me would be great. Also do you think it is possible to get some thickening with Equiclear?
Sorry for the late response..didn't check out this part of the forum earlier.

There is no alcohol or glycol in any of the Elsom products I use. I don't know if the particular product you're referring to would bother your scalp or not. I would imagine some "active" ingredients could bother some ppl's scalps. I'd be willing to guess the Elsom products would be less irritating though.

Thickening with EquiClear...I would hate to say yes and then it didn't do anything for you. For me it did thicken up some hairs that other products couldn't. Laminaria or the one extract from it(Fucosomthing) is something I'd like to continue using even if I quit EquiClear. I could add it using the Formulator or something.

James

Post by James » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:54 pm

Yeah I am really thinking about trying out some Equiclear. The only thing holding me back is the price for of it because I could try it once and have it bother my scalp and then I would have wasted all that money if you know what I am saying.

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Post by Jacob » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:46 pm

They might give you or sell you a sample size of it. Wouldn't hurt to ask. Keep in mind the stuff does have a pumpkin type scent to it..at least to me. I guess some would call it a seaweed/cinnamon combo scent.