afai's story

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

afai
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

afai's story

Post by afai » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:40 pm

I am 22 right now. I started to notice I am having problem with my hair at age of 17. Well I went to the doctor they just told me to relax and dont stress out so much.
But recently my hair is really thinning I can notice my scalp. It really annoyed me.
I dont mind that my hair line move back an inch or two but the thinning up top is killing me..

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:11 am

Hi afai and welcome to the forums.

Afai, you're actually in a good position to deal with your hair loss because you're still quite young and probably have a lot of hair still.

If I was your age I would get on one treatment: Propecia. And I would stick with it through thick and thin.

Do your research, and the stick to a simple regimen. Propecia should help you keep your existing hair.

Whatever you do, make sure you vet it with your doctor. I am not a doctor and this is only my opinion based on years of fighting my own hair loss. I was able to keep more hair than either my father or grandfather, for a longer period of time. In the end, I still lost hair but I sometimes wonder if using TOO many products may have contributed to my hair loss.

That's why I recommend a simple regimen, with Propecia as the cornerstone. There is a small chance of getting side-effects, but for most guys this is not an issue. I am currently on it after being off it for a long period of time. I wish I had never stopped. My shedding is currently a lot less than it was even several months ago.

Anyway, best of luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Regards,
Sam

Sam

afai
Occasional Poster

Post by afai » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:27 pm

wat are the side effect? is it serious? and what are the chances of getting it?

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:08 pm

See:

http://www.morphollica.com/hairloss_tre ... teride.php

and

http://www.morphollica.com/research/pro ... ffects.php

You can also check out the FAQ I have been putting together on hair loss (a work in progress)...:

http://www.morphollica.com/research/hair_loss_faq.php

Sam

James

Post by James » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:36 am

afai, I agree with Sam. Propecia is probably your best bet. There are people who get side-effects from it but it is likely that you will NOT experience these.

There are other options besides Propecia. There are topical treatments that can help slow or stop hair loss as well. Things such as topical spiro and Revivogen are examples of these topical treatments.

Research to find out about your options. Researching is probably the most important thing you can do in your own fight against hair loss.

familyguy
Regular Poster

Post by familyguy » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:53 pm

Hi afai, I am 23 and am pretty much on the same boat as you. I agree with the simple regimen, with the right products you can effectively stop your hair loss and even regrow some. Right now I use propecia, then hairmax laser comb 3x a week, and the revivogen shampoo. Other than that I take a simple GNC multivitamin and b-complex. It has had great results for me both in making my existing hair healthier and thicker and I have had some regrowth of hair especially in the front of my hairline.

afai
Occasional Poster

Post by afai » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:13 pm

just went to the doctor and the doctor suggest me to get proscar and cut it up in four pieces to save me some money..
so well gonna start it today.. i guess i will be back in couple month and give you guys an update..
thx for all ur help

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:43 pm

Good luck, and definitely keep us posted. Get yourself a pill-cutter when you get the Proscar as this will help cut the pieces into quarters for you more easily.

neria

Post by neria » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:39 am

afai wrote:just went to the doctor and the doctor suggest me to get proscar and cut it up in four pieces to save me some money..
so well gonna start it today.. i guess i will be back in couple month and give you guys an update..
thx for all ur help
Hi afai! Im new here.
I just wish you goodluck and please inform us here for any improvements you got. God bless! :)

afai
Occasional Poster

Post by afai » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:33 pm

1/4 of proscar is so tiny.. felt like i didn't take any pill... hope it will work..

James

Post by James » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:04 am

Lol. yeah it is small, but it should do the trick. Good luck.

afai
Occasional Poster

Post by afai » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:16 pm

hello, i have been taking 1/4 proscar daily for more then 2 month now.. my hair is still thinning..
when do ppl usually see the effect of proscar?
do ppl see the decrease in the rate of thinning as they take proscar?
is there any more i should do to help my hair?

:(

afai
Occasional Poster

Post by afai » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:37 pm

i am looking in to rogaine right now..
should i try use rogaine?
i live in canada can i just order rogaine through internet without prescription?
or is there someplace i can get the rogaine foam in Canada?

afai
Occasional Poster

Post by afai » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:02 am

hey guys i just thought i should come by and give u guys an update and maybe try get some advice

i have been taking 1/4proscar for like half year now no sign of improvement hair keep on falling out
so about 5 month in to it i decided to order some rogaine foam and give it a try and continue taking proscar see if it would help out my hair loss

i start using rogaine foam around the dec 20
its been like 3 weeks now... i am experiencing major hairloss and it seem like it is not stopping...
the hair that fall out are all tiny 1/4 inch thin hair my hair is about 2-3 inch long right now....
is this normal?
i am so scare if those hair that fall out is the new hair that suppose to stay...