more help

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

grand hustle
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

more help

Post by grand hustle » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:44 pm

whats up everyone, I had some more questions. I am the 19 year old with balding in the temples and thin/fine/soft hair. I began using nioxin stage 1 about 3 or 4 weeks ago but I havent really seen anythin happen yet. I was wondering how long it takes for nioxin treatment to begin working because I have been noticing that I lose about 15-20 follicles when I run my hands through my hair in the shower every day. I was wondering if there are any other shampoos/treatments that may work better. Also is there any gel or hair spray that works better for fine thin hair. I cant even wear my hair down because it doesnt have a style to it. Also i was wondering since I am not extremely balding how long it would take to grow out bc currently I am growing it out but it seems like the bangs are having trouble so should i get it periodically trimmed around the edges or what? thank you

James

Post by James » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:42 pm

If you refer to your original post you will see that I recommended some stuff there.

I don't know that much about Nioxin but I have not heard of anyone regrowing hair with it or having success other than a perceived thickening of their hair. What made you decide to use this stuff?

Everyone's hair grows at different speeds. If you want to make your hair grow faster then look into supplementing with MSM, which you can get at a drug store.

grand hustle
Occasional Poster

Post by grand hustle » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:20 am

I began to use nioxin because my buddy said it works for him (not sure if he just thinks its helping or what), Also does nizoral help with balding and are there any gel/hair spray products to use that work well with thin hair? Another thing is I am having trouble with getting to a dermatologist but I do know that I started to lose more hair after gettin in serious trouble with the law which made me stressed and my mom had thyroid cancer so any other little products/recommendations would be helpful thank you guys so much for your help I have no one else to talk to about this.

James

Post by James » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:35 pm

Nizoral does help with balding. Use it about three times per week and leave it on your head for 5 minutes before washing out.

I don't really know that much about gels and other hair products for thin hair. I think that Nioxin may have some in their line

I think that using a "light" product that doesn't weigh down the hair would be better than a heavy gel. Also using only a small amount of a styling product is the way to go if you have thinning hair.

grand hustle
Occasional Poster

Post by grand hustle » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:14 am

If i go to get my hair checked out at one of the locations advertised on hairclub.com is that a legit spot or equal to goin to the dermatologist?

James

Post by James » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:11 pm

I would just steer clear of anything that has to do with Hairclub. They might be trying to sell you a wig. I would definitely recommend just going to see a regular derm.

grand hustle
Occasional Poster

Post by grand hustle » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:46 pm

is there anything i should do in preparation for a first time dermatologist visit or say anythin while im there regarding my hair loss that i should know about

James

Post by James » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:13 pm

I would just recommend telling him/her all of your concerns and worries.

Think of all the questions you have and write them down and take them with you.

This will make it easier and will be worth it. I tend to forget to ask questions because I personally get nervous at the doctors.