Another question

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

grand hustle
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Another question

Post by grand hustle » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:58 pm

Since I am only 19 and my main problem is just my hair line is receding into a widows peak should i start with rogaine or propecia?

James

Post by James » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:54 pm

In my personal opinion, I think that you should go with propecia.

grand hustle
Occasional Poster

Post by grand hustle » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:32 pm

how do i get propecia?

James

Post by James » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:25 pm

Make an appointment with a dermatologist to see if he will prescribe you propecia. Actually, when you go for the visit ask if he will prescribe you Proscar instead of Propecia. The active ingredient in Propecia is finasteride and Proscar contains finasteride but in a 5mg pill instead of a 1mg pill. What you do is cut the Proscar up into 4 pieces with a sharp edge and you end up with 1.25mg of Finasteride in 4 pieces. It is a way to save money.

grand hustle
Occasional Poster

Post by grand hustle » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:27 pm

what is hairmax laser comb?

James

Post by James » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:38 pm

the lasercomb is a comb-like thing that emits this red light. Go check it out at
http://www.lasercomb.net/

grand hustle
Occasional Poster

Post by grand hustle » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:58 am

i think the laser comb might help me out alot since its mainly my hair line but how much does it cost and how do you use it?

James

Post by James » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:33 pm

the lasercomb is pretty expensive. Currently I think it is over $600. You use it by placing it on your head and moving it every 4 seconds.

botak
Occasional Poster

Post by botak » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:42 am

a laser comb... thats impressive.. i wonder how they came up with such an invention? and i am sure that it would be very expensive.

James

Post by James » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:41 am

It has to do with low-level laser light. I personally think that it can be beneficial to a hair loss regimen. I think that it helps with scalp health and the condition of the hair.

It is by no means a miracle treatment though.