Melchiangmai's Story

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

melchiangmai
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Melchiangmai's Story

Post by melchiangmai » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:58 am

Hi Everyone,
I like this site very much and appreciate how the moderator gives personal attn to all the visitors. Sam really tries to genuinely reply to people's questions and even does some research when he does not know the answers, and then comes back to answer you. I'd like to encourage more people to visit and contribute to the forums.

About myself, my name is Mel Jafari and live in Chiangmai, Thailand. I am a male of 31 yrs. My mpb started very slowly since the age of 15. I'd say I'm a nw1 still. Its about the same stage as Sam's pics. Is that a Nw1? However, the scalp is a little thin all over. Under a light you can see my scalp. However, the hairline has only receded 1 cm. In 2001, the situation became to the point that people would start commenting that I was losing hair. So I started to do something about it. I took Propecia for 1.5 yrs until Nov 2002. I did not have the knowledge that taking it with Nizoral would make it a better "combo". The results I got were not so satisfying to be honest. Perhaps the hairloss rate was reduced but it was still progressing "downhill" sort to speak.

In May 2003 I joined a hair center that used snake oils until August the same year. I had stopped Propecia since Nov 2002 because this hair center had told me its not safe. I had to save a lot of money and finally was able to join in May 2003. In July 2003 I started doing a lot of research on the internet and found out the hair center was using just snake oils and they did not work at all so I stopped in August 2003.

In September 2003 I ordered Remox from Dr.Klein which is 5% minox + Tretinoin. This worked incredibly very well for me. I shedded a lot for 5 weeks and in the 6th week I could start seeing good results. After 3 months, temples had filled in 80% and very fine peach fuzz came out near the hairline. I'm very happy with the results so far. Since Remox is quite expensive, I have also ordered some Kirkland from eBay which from my research is also very good. The only difference is with Remox you don't have to rub the minox in but just spray it (yes just spraying actually works!). For Kirkland you have to rub it in.

Oh BTW, I forgot to mention I had also restarted the Propecia in August 2003 because I read Dr.Lee saying Pro + Minox had synergystic effects on one another. So this is also true!

So in short, my regimen is as follows:

Remox (minox5%+tretinoin) alternate with Minoxidil 5%
Propecia
Nizoral 2% 2Xweek
Nisim Shampoo
L-Lycine 1,000mg 2Xday (got this from thebaldtruth.com)
Some of the following but not always regular:
Biotin, Grape Seed Extract, Green Tea Extract, Evening Primrose Oil, L-Arginine

Some topicals I'd like to use in the future are as follows:
Perhaps very very slowly I'll add some things to my regimen.

Spiro OR Fluridil, Revivogen, Tricomin OR Folligen, Innovate, T-Flav.

All of the above tackle mbp from different angles and I like that.
Spiro OR Fluridil blocks DHT from binding to follicle receptors.
Tricomin OR Folligen are copper peptides that help stimulate growth.
Innovate has something to do with the process of signaling the hair growth.
T-Flav has something to do with enlarging the hair bulb.

They sound very good but I still need to try them! However, I've read often not to change anything while something is "working" for you.

I still have many many questions regarding the life-long battle with MPB. I'd like to know if Sam would allow me to list numerous questions if I had that many. Would numerous postings from one user make the forum boring? Please let me know. Anyway, for now I'll list 1-2 questions in the next topic, thank you.

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:59 pm

Hello and Welcome melchiangmai!

Thanks for the kind words.

I am glad you realized that you were dealing with a snake-oiler and got out of that situation. It's difficult without the right information to make the right decisions on how to treat hair loss, and many less than honest individuals and companies exist that will take advantage of this.

I think you have a good regimen in general, however, I hope you are not expecting Nisim to regrow hair for you!

Keep us posted on your progess and the products you use. And thanks for the detailed introduction, and valuable information that you have provided.

Best Regards,
Sam