Terriboy's hair loss story

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

terriboy
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Terriboy's hair loss story

Post by terriboy » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:32 am

hey i am terence for vancouver, been losing quite abit of hair lately...i am only 17..=.= in the past 4nths i have been using segals solution. doesnt seem to help, i used the formula, shampoo and conditioner for 1 month and used the shampoo and conditioner for 4 months.

http://www.segalshairlosstreatment.com/index.aspx

any suggestion of what new product i should use or should i continue using this and buy the formula?

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:59 am

Hi Terriboy,

Have you tried minoxidil? Also, you should go see your doctor to see if he may prescribe Propecia for you. The combination of minoxidil and propecia may work well for you given your age.

Regards,
Sam

terriboy
Occasional Poster

Post by terriboy » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:00 pm

my hairs is also itching pretty badly =.= especially if i dont wash it for more than 24 hours...is it an inflammation? or just dandruff?

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:11 pm

It's hard to say. You should see a dermatologist if it's really bugging you. Also, you may want to try some of the following. rotate them and follow their instructions for use:

Neutragena T/Gel
Head and Shoulders
Nizoral

These have helped me get my own scalp inflammation under control in the past. I also tried a topical product called InFlamil which I found to be quite effective for me personally.

Regards,
Sam

terriboy
Occasional Poster

Post by terriboy » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:37 pm

After two months, i still didn't get a chance to see a dermatologist...my itching and flaking has been better since i used the dadruff shampoo above from segals. i see that i am actually growing back some hair...actually i don't know if its hair or not...its so short and small, it looks more like face hair.

James

Post by James » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:51 pm

Terriboy are you still just using the segals stuff?

terriboy
Occasional Poster

Post by terriboy » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:19 pm

yah, basically its my front and temple thats really losing hair, where can a buy propecia if its not prescribed? man losing hairs really bothering my life because i am only 17, and its becoming quite noticable..

James

Post by James » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:29 pm

Hey man, yeah I definitely know how it is losing young. I started losing around your age and it was really hard. It still is and I am 22. I would definitely recommed making an appointment to see a dermatologist since you are so young before you start taking Propecia. I think that Propecia would definitely be a good idea if the doctor says it is ok to do so. I am not so sure about this Segals stuff but if you are seeing results from it then don't stop. Minoxidil is also something to look into later down the road but right now make that appointment asap and see you do with Propecia. Update us when you make an appointment.

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:22 pm

You could look into Inflamil or EquiClear or ZormaZor for the inflammation/itching. Those are topicals..although Inflamil also comes in a shampoo. I personally think one should rotate a # of shampoos instead of sticking to just one. I've gone with the more natural ones.

terriboy
Occasional Poster

Post by terriboy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:26 am

thanks all for your replies, i think i am somewhre between 2 and 3 in norwood scale, my doctor wouldn't prescribe me anything cause he said it doesnt consider as baldness....i am gonna stop the segals stuff cause its itching and doesnt really seem to work. i might go buy some minoxidil at costco

James

Post by James » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:23 pm

Although you may see results from minoxidil, it is not addressing the issue of DHT attacking your hair follicles. I would recommend using a topical anti-adrogens as well as the minoxidil if you are unable to obtain Propecia. Dr. Lee sells a 5% spiro cream through his website that a lot of people use along with Revivogen to address the dht problem. The web address to obtain the spiro is http://www.minoxidil.com. There is also the possibility of obtaining Propecia online without a prescription.

terriboy
Occasional Poster

Post by terriboy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:12 am

i cehcked many websites, all propecia needs to be provided with a prescribtion....i am really looking for propecia in vancouver..anywhere else i can get it?

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:27 pm

I was just reading this thread again..since you're only 17..have you looked into having your thyroid checked? Is your digestive system out of wack?(see my previous post on that)...have you read this article and looked into adjusting your diet? http://www.mercola.com/2000/oct/22/baldness_insulin.htm

Maybe this was posted to you before. Hard to keep track of things when it's so busy here :twisted:

terriboy
Occasional Poster

Post by terriboy » Mon May 01, 2006 5:09 pm

thanks jacob, my changed my diet since february starting from quiting smoking. right now i am a semi-vegetarian..over the last few days, i seen massive shedding of weaker hair(hair that are not as thick)..i think i had made some progress with my hairloss..and since i used t-gel, theres less imflamation