Gagas 10 month-update (pictures are included)

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

Gaga
Regular Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Gagas 10 month-update (pictures are included)

Post by Gaga » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:24 am

Hi everybody,
Maybe some of you will remember me as I came last year searching for help and thanks to you guys (especially Sam and blueshard) I got all the help and support that I needed.
So I got on with it and started my regimen.
After I got all the hints and tips I kind of disappeared because I went back full time studying.
This week is it 10 months since I started with Proscar (1.5 mg) and Dr. Lee's 5% Minoxidil Solution (2 X a day) and I thought it is only fair that I share my updates with you guys.
I followed my regimen religiously NOT missing a single day.
I was (still am) into my studies so I forgot completely about my hair but went on with my regimen.
My hair growth was better than I ever thought. I got back all of my hair.
6 weeks ago I ran out of Minoxidil Solution and it was exams week so I guess I got so busy with my studies + got comfortable with the amount of hair that was on my head + laziness so I only took proscar. I got so stressed out about exams and results and that lasted a few weeks and until we had our results. I noticed that my hair was shedding like there is no tomorrow. In the begging I did not pay much attention to it but after 10 days I got worried so I ordered Dr. Lee's 5% Minoxidil and cut my hair very short. I find cutting the hair short is better 1) easy to apply the stuff,
2) you dont think much bout your hair!
I am not really sure if my shed is stress related (exams) or the fact that I stopped with Dr. Lee's 5% Minoxidil or maybe the two of the factors.
If you follow this link you will find before and after photos. The before photo was taken a few months before I discover the damn hair loss and the other one just 2 months old.

Gaga's before and after photos

I am back with 5% Minoxidil and have noticed that my shed is less!!!!!!!!!
I will keep you up to date.
Cheers
Gaga
01 October 2004:
Proscar (1.5 mg)
MSM (2000 mg)
Green tea extract
Super B 50 Complex
Multivitamin
04 November 2004:
Dr. Lee's 5% Minoxidil Solution (2 X a day)
Nizoral 2% Shampoo 2X Week

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:05 am

Gaga,

Your 'After' picture looks like you never lost any hair at all! A clear improvement!! I think you're an excellent responder to treatments. Congrats!

Sam

Gaga
Regular Poster

Post by Gaga » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:29 am

I owe it all to you Sam and I am sorry I have not been visiting your site. Ive been really busy with my studies but now we have a break until September. It is time I let my hair down :lol::lol:
Yeah, it is amazing how much hair Ive grown. I was not aware of it until this morning when I looked for the pictures to post!!!!! When I saw the 2 pictures, thought holy @$%! :shock::shock:
Thanks to Minoxidil and Finasteride.
Minoxidil and finasteride are the way to go, if you ask me.
Thanks Sam for the input.
Cheers
Gaga
01 October 2004:
Proscar (1.5 mg)
MSM (2000 mg)
Green tea extract
Super B 50 Complex
Multivitamin
04 November 2004:
Dr. Lee's 5% Minoxidil Solution (2 X a day)
Nizoral 2% Shampoo 2X Week

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:13 pm

Gaga, your regrowth is one of the best cases I have ever seen. Proof that patience and consistency on a good regimen (and a little bit of luck) help with treating your hair loss.

VancouverDude
Occasional Poster

Post by VancouverDude » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:02 pm

Can we see pictures again?

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin

Post by HairLossFight.com » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:53 pm

Hi VancouverDude,

Gaga asked that they be removed. He only wanted to have them up temporarily. But the regrowth looked pretty good.

Regards,
Sam

James

Post by James » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:54 am

Hey Gaga! I am happy that you have gotten some results! That is awesome and you must be a really good responder judging from Sam's reaction to your pics. Congrats and keep up the regimen!