Grey Ghost Hair Loss Story

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

greyghost
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Grey Ghost Hair Loss Story

Post by greyghost » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:03 am

Hello,
I am a member of other forums like this one and decided to chat on this one also. I have learn a lot in the last few years and this is my story and what my current Reg. is. I am 32 years old and have been balding for 13 years now. I have had two HT's for my frontal hairline which was gone by the age of 23. My crown area is now thinning but I think with my new Reg. I will regrow my crown in one year.
Topicals:
Morning: Equisomin & Equiclear(Alternated)
Night: Fluridil
Internals:
Saw Palmetto 160mg x 2 (DHT inhibitor)
Astaxanthin 4mg (SOD and DHT inhibitor)
Glisodin (Best SOD on market 100mg x 3)
C0Q10 100mg per day
MSM 1000mg per day
L-Arginine 1000mg per day

I just started this reg. yesturday but I am hopefull. I would like to thank Jacob for all his research which has helped me with my current and hopefully last Reg. until a true cure is out.

God bless you all,
Grey Ghost :P

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:40 pm

Hey Grey Ghost...nice to see you here. I was just reading the thread you participated in over at HLH. One little clarification on my use of Elsom's products- it'll be one year this April since I started using Equisomin. Prior to that I was using other products and yes, it has been over 3 years.

Also I think the products last longer than Elsom says on their webpage. Well for me I KNOW they do. I'd be interested in seeing how long they last for you..as well as how they work for you.

At the moment I'm using the EquiClear glut/sod every morning...the EquiClear Laminaria/etc every evening...and the Equisomin every other evening. Still using Lipoxidil's Genistil-R a few times a week in the mornings as well. I'm not sure it'll be my final regimen as I don't know what Elsom and Lipoxidil or even others may produce in the future. But until then I ain't changing a thing.

greyghost

Post by greyghost » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:51 am

Jacob,
In the last year of using the Elsom research products has your hair maintained or has it improved? I have yet to start the Elsom products but they should be arriving any day now. I am wrapping up my last bottle of Prophoxin-N which I feel wont be as good as the Elsom products. What would be your comparision on the Prophoxin-N product to the Elsom products? Thanks for your input...and do you feel I should add anymore products to what I have listed as my new reg.?

Grey Ghost :D

HairLossFight.com
Site Admin
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: Yes

Post by HairLossFight.com » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:08 pm

Hello Greyghost and welcome!

Thanks for sharing your new regimen with us. Please keep us posted on your progress as you see how the elsom products and your regimen as a whole perform for you. I am personally very interested in seeing how you do.

If you aren't doing it already, perhaps you can take some before and after pictures once every month or so...If you're thinning in the crown then that would be a good area to take pics of for comparison as time goes by.

Regards,
Sam

Jacob
Prolific Poster

Post by Jacob » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:34 pm

greyghost wrote:Jacob,
In the last year of using the Elsom research products has your hair maintained or has it improved? I have yet to start the Elsom products but they should be arriving any day now. I am wrapping up my last bottle of Prophoxin-N which I feel wont be as good as the Elsom products. What would be your comparision on the Prophoxin-N product to the Elsom products? Thanks for your input...and do you feel I should add anymore products to what I have listed as my new reg.?

Grey Ghost :D

It has improved. And so has my scalp- both look and feel.

As for my comparison on the Prox-N and Elsom's...obviously Elsom's has far superior delivery systems/vehicles. I would imagine Prox-N also has quite a bit of alcohol in it..Elsom's has zero. One can argue about the ingredients comparison....I'd put Equisomin up against Prox-N any day though. EquiClear as well. None of them are going to perform miracles but Elsom's has good ingreds lists with no alcohol and their nanosomes etc make Prox look like it's from the 70's.

I dunno about adding anything to your regimen. I'd see how it goes I guess...have patience. Maybe rotate various shampoo's if you aren't already. I use a # of natural ones and one natural enough for me..by Elsom- Micellarin Green. Something crazy about that one though. First wash with it I can't get any lather. Rinse and repeat and it lathers like crazy. They say this will happen but I'm curious as to why...guess I have a question for the Q&A section!