Question: Am I starting to bald?

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

Am I balding?

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 0

nyjrb
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood I
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Question: Am I starting to bald?

Post by nyjrb » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:10 pm

Ive posted this on another forum (which said I was), but thought I get as many opinions as I could. I'm 24 years old, and while I've always had a high forehead, I've notice lately more forehead. Am I just paranoid? My dad is a norwood 6, and my uncle and grandfather on that side is/was a norwood 7. On my mother side male relatives range from norwood 4's to 7's, to one or two not balding at all.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Am I balding? Where would you place me on the norwood scale?
Attachments
Resampled_2014-09-17_17-17-50_904.jpg
Resampled_2014-09-17_17-17-50_904.jpg (93.09 KiB) Viewed 16774 times

nyjrb
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Re: Question: Am I starting to bald?

Post by nyjrb » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:52 pm

Here's my hair wet.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (66.78 KiB) Viewed 16756 times

greencorn
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Minox and Nizoral

Re: Question: Am I starting to bald?

Post by greencorn » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:51 pm

There may be some thinning, but don't take my word for it. Wait a bit longer and reevaluate. You are still a NW1. If you experience more thinning just hop on the big 3 and you'll be probably fine for life.