Ernie's story

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

Ernie
Occasional Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: I remove body hair to get the needed nutrients to grow hair flowing to the scalp follicles and reviving them, instead of being wasted on unwanted hair.

Ernie's story

Post by Ernie » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:12 am

I and others have been regrowing our scalp hair by removing our body hair from the follicles, this allows the needed nutrients to grow hair to flow to the scalp follicles and revive them. It is a slow procedure that works best for those just starting to lose their hair, but it will more than maintain what hair we who have been losing hair for decades.

Consider the following!

Drs at Laval U stopped the growth of excessive body hair using Flutamide, and saw a dramatic decrease in scalp hair loss.

Dr Higano noted that side effects from the use of androgen deprivation therapy include a loss of body hair, thinning of the beard and scalp hair regrowth.

Posters at Hairsite claim they lost body and face hair from the use of Arimidex, and regrew scalp hair.

Female hormone therapy can include a loss of body hair, thinning of the beard and scalp hair loss recession, and in cases, regrowth.

Also

Anabolic steroids can cause body hair growth and scalp hair loss.

Symptoms for Hirsutism include excessive body hair growth and scalp hair loss.

I simply remove the hair from the follicles using tweezers, and apply a solution of 1 oz saw palmetto to 16 oz of alcohol and apply it to the area that i just removed the hair from, it slows the rate of growth, shrinking the follicles so the hair grows back thinner and slower. I sometimes use electric tweezers, it works like a razor but pulls the hair from the follicles. Shaving real close works, if you apply the saw p solution, but not as well as removing the hair.

I will gladly answer any questions. Ernie

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: Ernie's story

Post by Jacob » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:44 pm

Ernie Ernie Ernie...if it's really you. Welcome to HLF...did you ever use that dht cream you asked about years ago?

Ernie
Occasional Poster
Treatment Regimen: I remove body hair to get the needed nutrients to grow hair flowing to the scalp follicles and reviving them, instead of being wasted on unwanted hair.

Post by Ernie » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:27 am

I never asked for dht cream a year or so ago.

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by Jacob » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:19 pm

YEARS :wink:

Ernie
Occasional Poster

Post by Ernie » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:26 am

No,
But as time went by, I figured that it was a lack of 5 a-r that was responsible for AGA. Merck found that there is more dht in the balding area than the hairy area, then it was found that there was more 5 a-r in the hairy area than the balding area. The follicles in the balding area were rendered dormant by a lack of 5 a-r and cannot absorb and utilize dht to produce hair, the follicles in the hairy area where 5 a-r is present can absorb and utilize dht and produces healthy hair. Ernie