My (Alice) Hair loss experience!

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

Alicechristensen
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

My (Alice) Hair loss experience!

Post by Alicechristensen » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:06 am

It all started when one fine morning I noticed some baldness on my forehead. And surprisingly it never happened before but after using one so called hair cream. Within two weeks I started losing my hairs. However as I found this forum I might be able to resolve my problems. Your comments are welcome!

ShayneThill
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II

Re: My (Alice) Hair loss experience!

Post by ShayneThill » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:12 pm

I also troubled by the hair loss. I've been losing hair for years and the doctor told me it is heredity and the medical treatment won't help, So I have nothing to do but buying those cheap wigs online for black women. This world has too many is unpleasant, but life goes on.

Kate Russell
Regular Poster

Post by Kate Russell » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:51 pm

Well guys I feel sorry for you since I can totally understand what it feels like!! :( I've been going through this since a long time too....2 years with my hair going away :shock: !!! I guess you guys just could'nt find a nice doctor or herbalist who could give you guys a suitable medication. yeah heredity also plays a major role when it comes yto hair and many people say you can't do much about it. GOD knows :roll:

propecianow
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by propecianow » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:41 am

Why you don't use propecia? Propecia is effective hair loss product for mens. Propecia will not only dramatically slow your hair loss, but within 3-6 months hair re-growth can occur!

peterwoll
Treatment Regimen: fincar 1/5 Tbl/day

Post by peterwoll » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:21 am

ShayneThill wrote:I also troubled by the hair loss. I've been losing hair for years and the doctor told me it is heredity and the medical treatment won't help, So I have nothing to do but buying those cheap wigs online for black women. This world has too many is unpleasant, but life goes on.
But Propecia should help you in this case, too. Not ultimately, but as long as you would take the pills the hair loss should not carry on.

trexs
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by trexs » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:20 am

As a man I wouldn't use propecia, because I'm afraid of its side effects, actually ed.

bradulars
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex

Post by bradulars » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:58 pm

The only good news about hair loss is that it is not indefinite. It will stop some day. I tried so many things and kept losing hair at the high speed. However, now, after 15 years of dealing with it, I can say my hair loss has stabilized and I got used to it. I no longer use Propecia (I think it made my hair loss slower in the early days but it caught up with me eventually and side-effects were not worth it). Herbal/natural cures did not help me at all. The only thing I am still using is minoxidil foam (Rogaine) as it is cheap and easy to use. I am afraid to drop it as I wish to keep my little thin hair. Having thin hair enables me to see seasonal differences in thickness of my hair but I am no longer losing it. So if you ask me for recommendation - use Rogaine foam - it is safe and it works.

rightsmith
Regular Poster
Norwood Level: Norwood IV A
Treatment Regimen: Hair transplant in India | Punjab | Ludhiana

Post by rightsmith » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:07 am

The hair transplant Techniques is the best way to get the hair On the bald surfaces in a proper way.