Kikisty - 11 years fighting Hair Loss

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

KikiSty
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Regain for 8 years

Kikisty - 11 years fighting Hair Loss

Post by KikiSty » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:26 am

First of all I am really glad I found this community.
I though I was alone for many years.

My name is Kiki I am from Greece I am 31 years old and this is my story.

At the age of 19 I started having a huge hair loss problem. I went to a dermatologist so I can fight it. My dermatologist said that I suffer from Androgenic alopekia and my situation was crusial.
She persgribed Regain 5% for men even if I was a woman in order to fight this problem.

I kept using similar products with minoxidil and I can say that I was satisfied with my hair situation.

At the age of 25 I went first time to the hospital with alergic sok until then I had side effects from minoxidil although we didnt know it was from that. I went to 3 dermatologists and all of them said that there is no way that minoxidil creats alergic reaction. I continue taking minoxidil and I was getting worse and worse every day. Last summer I was every week at the hospital to have unti alergy shots.

The thing is that I was keeping notes everyday of what I did, what I eat, where I went, and then I read in wikipedia that I had the exact alergic reaction that was mentioned there. I stopped minoxidil the next day.

You can imagine that from there on I keep having huge hair loss again. I will search to find a good product for my hair I promised it to my self.

Thank you all for reading and for your time, and I am sorry for my bad english.

rachel.g82
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Re: Kikisty - 11 years fighting Hair Loss

Post by rachel.g82 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:18 pm

Stay strong, Kikisty! It's hard to know what you are allergic to, or maybe you just built up an intolerance. I hope you find the right treatment for you soon!!!