Looking for a little advice..

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

Seattle71
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: None yet.

Looking for a little advice..

Post by Seattle71 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and new to reading about treating hair loss or at least preventing further loss. I am 32 and have been losing my hairline for about 10 years. This loss has been very slow however and not all that noticeable to anyone but myself.

However, I have recently noticed the hair at the crown of my head is suffering from very thinning hair which now shows quite a bit. I have recently been researching the best options for this type of hair loss and feel Rogaine foam would likely be a best place to start.

Just a few questions on this method:
- Is the foam form of Rogaine effective for this type of hair loss? Better than the liquid form?
- Is the Costco Kirkland Signature brand as effective as name brand Rogaine?
- Any other items to add to a routine to help hold back the hair loss?

Thanks so much for any advice on this subject.

JessRose
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Nothing yet...

Re: Looking for a little advice..

Post by JessRose » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:28 pm

I have heard that many people have bad reactions to both Rogain and the Costco version because they contain propylene glycol. There are other formulations available. I don't use minoxydil so I don't know which ones are good, but you might want to try to find a formulation that doesn't have the 'garbage' ingredients like propylene glycol and artificial fragrances and colors, etc.