Habb1's story

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

habb1
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

Habb1's story

Post by habb1 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:01 pm

I'm sleepy at the moment and will make this short for now. I started thinning at the top when I was in my late teens. I am now a 38 year old female. The thinning I have has spread over the years and is not diffused throughout my crown area and on the temple area but less. I have not been diagnosed with any health issues although I have always been sluggish and have had low blood pressure. I sleep a lot too in case that makes any difference. I have never used chemical treatments because I felt that using Rogain for the rest of my life wasn't worth it. Tried Nioxin but the topical dripped down my face and turned it red and itchy so I gave up after a couple weeks. That was 13 years ago. Although my hair is fine I took a chance and got a weave. It hurt, felt like it was breaking my hair off, and was almost impossible to sleep in so I removed it after a few days. This was a month ago. I not have even worse scalp showing and am afraid that it won't come back!! Also, been wearing a clip in weft piece called the Enchantop which has gotten me tons of compliments but I always feel self conscious and check it frequently to make sure it didn't move. It has also caused spots of bald where the little clips attach so I decided to stop wearing it. This turned out to be pretty long after all! :-)

DavidTaylor56
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Re: Habb1's story

Post by DavidTaylor56 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:31 pm

I think this is due to some health problems. I think the hair loss is not due to other reason but there is another reason. You need to contact your hair consultant ans ask them a better solution on this.

DavidTaylor56
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood I

Post by DavidTaylor56 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:34 am

I just consulted to my hair expert and he said that the proper diet on time will avoid hair fall. So, I am thinking to continue polaris nr-10 as a second course.

JessRose
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: Nothing yet...

Post by JessRose » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:31 pm

Sluggish and low blood pressure sounds like low thyroid.