19 years old and balding, In need of help and advice

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

bingo296
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

19 years old and balding, In need of help and advice

Post by bingo296 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:57 am

I started balding when I was 17, I've been on Procerin for a year and I just turned 19 two days ago. I feel like it's time for a change, the Procerin does not suffice anymore. I'm not sure what to do about my hair loss, should I jump straight into the Big 3, or does anybody have an idea for an alternative? I have had some success on the Procerin, it has definitely slowed my hair loss down (from 80 hairs daily to 20), however it is no longer enough. My pics show the current state of my hair. I'm mostly losing hair in the middle of my scalp with a little temporal recession (zero crown hair loss). Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, it's not fun balding at such a young age.

Faith Without Image Marks

melo
Norwood Level: Norwood III Vertex
Treatment Regimen: minoxidil, hairmax, supps

Re: 19 years old and balding, In need of help and advice

Post by melo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:23 pm

Hey, I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'the big 3', but you should definitely use minoxidil without a doubt! You may continue with Procerin to help keep dht levels down.

leosachon1
Occasional Poster

Post by leosachon1 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:23 am

I noticed hair loss at a young age and was into using products such as Rogaine and Minoxidil. However I never really noticed a great improvement whilst on either of these products, and decided to come off of them, as they were costly and not successful.
I saw further hair loss after doing so. My GP said that this was due to the Rogaine / Minoxidil - as it just stunted growth for the moment, but as it isnt a long term answer it just made things worse.
Would you consider a hair system / wig / topper?

salmandcs
Occasional Poster

Post by salmandcs » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:16 pm

Ah that's horrible i think you need to consult with a nice surgeon

propecianow
Occasional Poster

Post by propecianow » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:51 am

Use propecia, propecia is successful therapy for inherited hair loss for men. No prescription needed, approved pharmacy.

greencorn
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Norwood Level: Norwood II
Treatment Regimen: Minox and Nizoral

Post by greencorn » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:40 am

Yes you could. But you are young, I'm not so sure propecia is advisable at your age.

cindy07
Regular Poster

Post by cindy07 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:54 am

The best thing that you can do is see a dermatologist to evaluate the cause of the hair loss. There are many causes of hair loss other than male pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia), and a dermatologist is an expert in diseases of the skin, hair and nails and use bio hair treatment and biotin capsules and use natural product