Sharon's Story

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

Shabacca
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: HairSil Accelerator daily.

Sharon's Story

Post by Shabacca » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:06 am

Hi, I’m a 69 year old woman and my hair has been thinning ever since my hip operation three years ago. The thinning is mostly along the front hairline and on top. But it is thinning all over in a lesser amount.

I had my thyroid and iron levels checked: No problems there. The only suggestion my primary doctor had was to use Rogaine. I have a very itch scalp and this product can cause scalp itch, so I didn’t try it out. My hair dresser suggested I use Nioxin shampoo and conditioner. I’ve used this produce for several years. It does help in making my hair look fuller, but the thinning continues.

I read several good comments on this site about HairSil Accelerator. So two days ago I bought the scalp treatment. Our local, Wal-Mart and Walgreens doesn’t’ carry the shampoo.

Well, I have to tell you I’m really impressed with the way it makes my hair look. This product gives fine, limp, thin hair great body.

I will continue using this product in hopes that I will re-grow the hair that I lost.