Dread Shed Reassurance

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

ydraiggoch
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Have you had a hair transplant?: No
Treatment Regimen: Regaine Extra Strength 5% & Alpecin C1

Dread Shed Reassurance

Post by ydraiggoch » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:15 am

Firstly, Hi to everyone!

I have been using Regaine Extra Strength 5% for the last 5 months. In this time, I have experience positive results. Less Hair Shedding when washing or styling. My Thinning Hair has began to thicken, and there is a noticeable difference in comparing with old photos! So all good.

Well maybe? Because for the last 2 - 3 weeks I have been experiencing quite a lot of shedding! Its more noticeable when I apply the lotion and / or style. After doing this my hands have a lot of hairs on them. (I don't count them).

So is this just the Dread Shed that I have read about? Or could it be something else? Maybe the potion doesn't work for me anymore?

Can anyone relate to this? I would really appreciate your thoughts.

I have also just started using Alpecin C1 to help stop the Shed! But no luck yet!

Cheers

Jacob
Prolific Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Re: Dread Shed Reassurance

Post by Jacob » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Hey ydraiggoch, welcome to Hairlossfight. I'm not a minox user and never have been, so I have no personal experience with it. I know from reading the forums all these years that some do say that shedding is a good sign..or a sign of good things to come :D ..but it seems to vary from person to person.

hairf
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: minox

Post by hairf » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:43 am

same here...started minox 6 mnths back...intial shed 2mnths...no hairfall for 2-3 mnths..now 6th month ..again sheddin a bit for 1-2 week

James
Seasoned Poster
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know

Post by James » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:14 am

In my experience in fighting hair loss, there will be times that you shed and other times when things are going "well." I don't freak out over sheds anymore, they pass and then my hair gets "back on track." I do know that if I have been living "unhealthy" ie, staying up late, drinking alcohol, crappy diet, etc, I will shed more. A shed is not worthy of freaking out. Your shed will stop at some point and then you will have another shed in the future most likely. In my years fighting hair loss, this is just how it is.