350z dude requesting help on thinning hair!

Tell us your personal story, how hair loss has affected you, and what you're doing to treat it. Also keep us posted on your progress.

Moderator: moderators

Forum rules
This section is for you to use to chronicle your experiences with hair loss and how you're treating it. Use this section to give us your story and keep everyone posted on your progress.

This section will prove useful in that whenever anyone wants to know how you're doing they can check here, and YOU can check here as time goes by to reflect on your own situation, what you've learned and the progress you've made (or not for that matter).

Post pictures of your hair loss and regrowth, tell us about your regimen. Keep us updated!

If you're starting a new thread, please call it "{Your Forum ID}'s story", replacing {Your Forum ID} with the handle you use to login to these forums.

350z dude
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood V A
Have you had a hair transplant?: No

350z dude requesting help on thinning hair!

Post by 350z dude » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:07 pm

Hello All,

I am a 24 year old male, and Ive been searching through these forms for about 6 months trying to find some helpful answers. I finally got up the courage this past week and decided to make my own account.

Baldness runs in my family, my father as it, as does my grand father. Nothing on my mothers side, that I can notice anyhow. I had the thickest most full hair growing up, but within the past year or two I have noticed serious thinning, starting at the top of my skull and running in a straight line to the front of my forehead. Here is a picture:

Its starting to become extremely noticeable. So far, I've been taking bioxin, vitamin E, and a multivitamin every day. I use the volume conditioners and shampoos - but they only mildly help out, at best.

I've read alot about getting a blood test to see if I am missing a key vitamin in my body, to only washing your hair once every three days. What exactly should I be doing?

Im considering trying rogane, but I am not sure since I only have thin hair, and not balding yet. Well maybe alittle bit on top. Should I see a "hair doctor"? Do any of you have any advice. Im really starting to go nuts with all this hair thinning.

I appreciate any help anyone wants to offer. Thank you for taking the time to read my story and hopefully supply some helpful information.

350z dude
Hair Loss Type: Don't Know
Norwood Level: Norwood V A

Re: 350z dude requesting help on thinning hair!

Post by 350z dude » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:41 am

I've been reading that Minoxidil 5% + MPG and Propecia works pretty good... just not sure if its for people with thinning hair like myself.

JessRose
Occasional Poster
Hair Loss Type: Androgenetic Alopecia (Female Pattern Baldness)
Treatment Regimen: Nothing yet...

Re: 350z dude requesting help on thinning hair!

Post by JessRose » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:17 pm

From everything I have read, the longer you wait to start treatment the more difficult it is to get back the hair you have lost. If you want to stop your hair loss you need to do take some kind of action. At least start using some kind of topical treatment, whether it is minoxidil or an alternative treatment...do your research and decide on something and use it. Else you will be bald and then it will be really hard to get any hair to regrow. Either that or shave your head and get on with your life! O:) Be glad you are a guy and baldness is a real option...no one will think you are sick or look like a freak. There are a lot of bald guys out there that are happy to just stop dealing with hair stuff and concentrate on other things.

Good luck with whatever you decide, but just remember that doing nothing is also a choice!